WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8651 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:17 am

Post by WhemeStar »

The only person I’m really comfortable battling here is notmafia but I think he has some anti battling power or he fucks ppl up
Im a dog that quacks
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8652 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:18 am

Post by WhemeStar »

Which is why he was able to fight Tina so much
Im a dog that quacks
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #8653 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:44 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Could he be scum anyway?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8654 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:49 am

Post by WhemeStar »

Huh
Im a dog that quacks
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #8655 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:15 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 8658, WhemeStar wrote: The only person I’m really comfortable battling here is notmafia but I think he has some anti battling power or he fucks ppl up
I'm just stronk
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Yimmy
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any pronouns

Post Post #8656 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:25 am

Post by Yimmy »

oh based i literally forgot that you have, like, a proper claim. yeah i was going crazy earlier. uhhh anyway
$elene
$elene
Goon
$elene
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8657 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:29 am

Post by $elene »

V
OTECOUNT
E
LIMINATION
V
OTES
P
LAYER
N
AME
C
URRENT
V
OTES
Not_Mafia (1)
Save The Dragons
NOT VOTING:
Everyone Else
With 8 alive, it takes 5 votes to flip!
Deadline: (expired on 2023-08-10 21:18:37)
Notes:
You may fight the training dummy at any time.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #8658 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:01 am

Post by Meuh »

guys if you're scum raise your hand
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/any

Post Post #8659 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:46 am

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

In post 706, SquirtleSquad wrote:
In post 684, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 682, SquirtleSquad wrote: I'm never trying to read FL without flips.

He can sit comfortably in the null until I'm ready to deal with him.
This looks fake and noncommittal, but I’m still trying to pocket you, so you can still be town for now.
I am saying that I think you have a pretty wide scum range and I think the best way to catch you is to look at your actions in the aggregate and decide if you've been pushing pro town or pro scum narratives. That's impossible to evaluate without some corpses.
In post 709, SquirtleSquad wrote: it seems weird to call my post "non-committal." like its some kind of gotcha.

like yeah dude it's non-committal. I was explicitly saying I will not commit to a read on you on day 1. I wasn't trying to be sneaky about it.
In post 820, SquirtleSquad wrote:
In post 819, Flavor Leaf wrote: i dont think it was abundantly clear, and I do think SquirtleTurtle's overreacting a bit
I think its pretty clear you're not actually reading the game.

If only that was alignment indicative for you.
ugh
In post 1397, SquirtleSquad wrote:
In post 1345, Titus wrote:
In post 711, SquirtleSquad wrote: I read all people who I think have really wide scum ranges this way.
Gtyh what's your read on me?
Before this latest push I would have said scum but I'm not sure now. I tend to associate solving WIM with town!titus and I haven't seen any of that from you up until now. I will say a lot of this stuff seems to be very surface level and not solvy but its enough for me to want to give you a pass to let you cook.
i guess... this is... fine? :/
In post 1827, SquirtleSquad wrote: A big example of the opportunism was the fight we had about the "only 5 scum reads" comment where you continually tried to paint me as simply being upset and hostile to you in order to ignore and minimize the point I was making. I wasn't mad, I was making a point that I still believe, and your response to it was essentially to be like "stop being so hostile bro" while ignoring the meat of my argument.
i think scumreading people because you're upset with them is a little scummy

wow the chandra facade really lasted like 2 days tops this game huh. i really thought i was ready for it again
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8660 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:55 am

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

In post 4002, SquirtleSquad wrote:
In post 3994, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 3939, SquirtleSquad wrote: LLD if you are town help me kill Rathe, but this MG wagon is ass sauce.
Sell me on it, because I looked at that dude and the perpetual "fuck you I wont; do what you tell me" energy even BEFORE the whole no claim thing which could be a gambit felt town.
In post 1825, SquirtleSquad wrote:
In post 1822, Blue. wrote:
In post 1819, SquirtleSquad wrote:
In post 1816, Blue. wrote:
In post 1811, SquirtleSquad wrote:
In post 1804, Blue. wrote: Ah, okay, that's good, was worried you were on full tilt. Would like to discuss your view of the game when you're feeling up for it and have a better grasp of things. I was kind of paranoid of you because you townread me when I was getting some heat, and I'm wary of pockets in a situation like that, but I'm willing to trust you now and want to work together.
noting that this post is doing exactly what it says it is wary of in exactly the situation it says it is wary of it.
Yeah, I'm trying to pocket him because I want to work with him. I'm being pretty upfront about what I'm doing. In this game, you have to choose to trust people if you want to win, I'm opting to trust him, if he wants to say no he's free to do so.

What is your problem with me, exactly? I feel like I can't breathe without you throwing shade in my direction.
I think you're scum. I thought that should be obvious.
Because...?
I don't like the directions you go in, I think the way you played around my slot has many times been extremely opportunistic. I think you tend to chime in during situations where I think it shifts thread momentum in a way I don't like. I think you've played to discredit or prop up slots at times where, if I were scum, I would also be inclined to do so.

I think there isn't appetite to get you limmed right now and I don't feel super confident in knowing exactly what you were trying to accomplish with the aforementioned slots until I get some flips, and to preempt the question I'm not going to go pull quotes for you or anything, though I think I've called out a bunch in real time. (the shade you are referring to)

But I am cataloguing the things I see that I don't like as I go along.
I would the entire exchange with me and blue. (rathes predecessor) here

but if you don't here is my other post I think is important to read
In post 1833, SquirtleSquad wrote:
In post 1830, Blue. wrote:
In post 1825, SquirtleSquad wrote:
In post 1822, Blue. wrote:
In post 1819, SquirtleSquad wrote:
In post 1816, Blue. wrote:
In post 1811, SquirtleSquad wrote:
In post 1804, Blue. wrote: Ah, okay, that's good, was worried you were on full tilt. Would like to discuss your view of the game when you're feeling up for it and have a better grasp of things. I was kind of paranoid of you because you townread me when I was getting some heat, and I'm wary of pockets in a situation like that, but I'm willing to trust you now and want to work together.
noting that this post is doing exactly what it says it is wary of in exactly the situation it says it is wary of it.
Yeah, I'm trying to pocket him because I want to work with him. I'm being pretty upfront about what I'm doing. In this game, you have to choose to trust people if you want to win, I'm opting to trust him, if he wants to say no he's free to do so.

What is your problem with me, exactly? I feel like I can't breathe without you throwing shade in my direction.
I think you're scum. I thought that should be obvious.
Because...?
I don't like the directions you go in, I think the way you played around my slot has many times been extremely opportunistic. I think you tend to chime in during situations where I think it shifts thread momentum in a way I don't like. I think you've played to discredit or prop up slots at times where, if I were scum, I would also be inclined to do so.

I think there isn't appetite to get you limmed right now and I don't feel super confident in knowing exactly what you were trying to accomplish with the aforementioned slots until I get some flips, and to preempt the question I'm not going to go pull quotes for you or anything, though I think I've called out a bunch in real time. (the shade you are referring to)

But I am cataloguing the things I see that I don't like as I go along.
I don't think I've ever really expressed suspicion of you so I don't know where you get the impression I was being "opportunistic". I expressed displeasure with how you were interacting with the game but it wasn't a read on your alignment. (I don't really want to re-open old wounds here but felt it necessary to clarify. I would appreciate if we could play amicably even if you continue to believe I'm scum).

Thanks though, I appreciate the answer. It clarifies a lot for me - really.
I think you were testing the waters of a scum read multiple times and never got there because of thread politics.

The way you interacted with my slots at multiple points felt as if you were scum reading me but the fact that you never got there but also left me off your list of people you wouldn't vote for is something that has pinged me a lot. Basically you've directed a lot of negative attention towards my slot without actually committing to trying to push me.

You say you were trying to stop antagonism but I continue to reject that framing. Here is the post you claimed was antagonistic.
In post 276, SquirtleSquad wrote: I responded to his saying nope to my firebringer town read with what I thought was pretty good reasoning.

Even if he didn't agree with that, I was attempting to start a dialogue, I would expect a town player to be interested in using that hook to try to sort me, or at least to have some sort of interaction which was readable.

He responded by ignoring it completely and interaction with the fluff post directly above it to continue fluff posting. All the things he's said seem either contrived or actively unhelpful.
It's just simply not. You chose to say I was not fun at parties and a buzz kill because of this post. Which is simply just a normal mafia post.

The antagonism debate, like it or not, is also a big part of my read on you because I thought and still think you were being completely unreasonable as was pointed out by multiple other players in the game at the time.

So since I don't really believe I was actually being antagonistic, I look for motivation for why you want to paint me that way and I get to the debate about "5 scum reads" and I see how you used what you were projecting my emotions to be as a way to minimize my thread impact and I think the conclusion draws itself.
Basically I think the way blue. played this game was agenda driven and I think the way that he interacted in the thread was trying to make certain things happen and didn't feel like scum hunting to me. It felt like he was much more interested in tearing down other players suspicions and interrupting others scum hunting in a way that effected that game state.

I don't think rathe has done anything at all to indicate to me that he's scum hunting. All his reads look borderline made up to me. I am completely baffled as to why people are town reading the entrance and the follow up content. I've done the "I'm just gunna not give you anything" thing as scum myself so I think the claim that its somehow townie is silly.
it's hard not to read this as town for me

i really want to find squirtle as scum because im very dissatisfied with merlyns performance but i just cant
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8661 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:05 am

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

In post 4434, SquirtleSquad wrote: If theres a vig and they didnt target N_M they are throwing.
(horrid shrieking)
In post 4582, SquirtleSquad wrote: Rathe has still been scum the whole time if anyone is ready to actually listen to me for a change.
In post 5069, SquirtleSquad wrote: I think I've kind of been able to put my finger on why I tend to scum read black too and that's cool.

I think tonally she asks all these extremely pointed questions. The questions themselves aren't always pointed but they have a tonal resonance to me of 'I think you're a baddy' which is in and of itself kind of pointed and so when she's interacting with people (including me) it frequently feels like she's scum reading them and then those interactions go nowhere because she likes to jump around and poke her nose into everything so that tone and lack of followup always kind of feels opportunistic to me.

But I think I'm figuring out that this is just a false positive.
In post 5072, SquirtleSquad wrote: I also think that despite me being town read and despite the two leading wagons being ones I'm cool with that I don't have a lot of thread power in this game and people aren't really listening to me. Again: see end of day 1 as an example.

So I'm a little annoyed by that.
it's all just so SINCERE UGH

i think this person is capable of a really well calculated and performative scum game that wows the masses and they just were not playing it here

i just don't think this is scum ;_;
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8662 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:08 am

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

i should just random.org between the other 5 instead of trying that sounds way more fun
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8663 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:15 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

We could go back to just saying names instead of analysis
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8664 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:18 am

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

wheme has had some kinda town moments that make me not scumread them and the shadow realm night but

fuck me im still mad about the math kill. they didnt even mention scumreading mathblade. ever! and had named other scumreads (e.g. std, shortly before that night) and i just dont understand
In post 7872, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 7865, Chandra Nalaar wrote: whemestar if you don't attack notmafia i will eat you for breakfast
ok
what happened here?
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8665 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:21 am

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

feel like there's a 60% chance someone is like mechanically outed scum and we're too dumb/exhausted to find it

the way d1 went down really took us down a dark timeline. let this be a lesson when the same suspects keep cropping up this early just kill one of them and sort it out later
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8666 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:22 am

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

std what did you do last night
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #8667 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:24 am

slept
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8668 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:29 am

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

after i specifically used our neighborhood to remind you to take a night action you decided to not do that?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #8669 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:34 am

i fainted :(
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8670 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:36 am

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

:/
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8671 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:38 am

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

given that smeargle can't evolve why haven't you ever fought giratina
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #8672 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:40 am

i literally forgot to
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8673 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:41 am

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

In post 8438, Yimmy wrote: town should read the rules and mechanics again tonight lol. im gonna hold off on voting for a few more hours so that everyone remembers:

go to your local PT and tell the mod whether or not you are fighting tina NOW before the end of the day. don't delay!!

ill vote, like, tonight or maybe when i wake up tomorrow. im a big wimpy coward
In post 8462, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 8458, WhemeStar wrote: Yeah idk how Titus evolved but i don’t think they killed drew
Why do you think this
In post 8488, $elene wrote:
Titus was killed! They were Chansey, aligned with the
mafia

Pokemon Battles II!

~ Role PM ~

You are aligned with the
MAFIA
!

HP 7 | ATK -1 | DEF -1 | EVA -1
You are
Chansey
!

Ability
: Healer
  • You can only be targeted by Killing, Challenging, Stat Boosting, or Damaging actions.
  • If you perform a move on a player, heal all status conditions from yourself and them before resolving the move.
Factional Abilities
  • If you perform the factional kill
    : Heal 1 HP.
Moves
  • Present
    • At Night
      : Target 1 player; deal either 1, 3, or 5 damage decided at random.
    • If this KOs a player
      : Evolve and/or learn a new move if possible.
  • Heal Pulse
    • At Night
      : Target 1 other player; heal them for half of their HP rounded down unless that player is targetted by a killing action. If that player is targetted by a killing action, they will not die.

You win when only mafia remains or nothing can prevent the same.

GAMETHREAD | MAFIA PT
you forgot even tho you posted after yimmy reminded everyone
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8674 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:41 am