He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:57 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

In post 398, KatyKimFanClub wrote:
In post 396, KatyKimFanClub wrote:
In post 394, Civil Scum wrote: Well, one could argue I did do this and you inexplicably turned into their lawyer.
You didn't push on him for being inactive you made a bad meta argument based on things like emojis. Wagon the other one see if you stop you.
Question since I sense things calming down. Do you think it's inexplicable to try to push someone away from a bad read? Surely you see the merit in my original points about Bazuf (that he has a strong town meta indicative post, that he uses emojis, that he pushes on people early in games). Sure, we disagreed about whether it was appropriate for him to give the caveat, but if you're me and you read someone whose push has a lot of points that don't deserve merit, you would speak up right?
Calling it inexplicable was a reach. I would have preferred Bazuf answered for himself. And I would say that in my 8 or 9 games here it was probably the strongest defense I’ve seen given for an inactive player.

If it were me I probably would have voiced my issues with the case and then left it alone until Bazuf came back.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Death by 1000 Pagetops

Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:01 pm

Post by Alianna »

Bazuf has not picked up their prod and I am now searching for a replacement. If they return before a replacement is found, they can stay.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 26
On hiatus from playing mafia.
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:04 pm

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

In post 400, Civil Scum wrote: Calling it inexplicable was a reach. I would have preferred Bazuf answered for himself. And I would say that in my 8 or 9 games here it was probably the strongest defense I’ve seen given for an inactive player.
Do you think it's scum indicative of me to defend someone so strongly? Do you want to make a comment about whether that aligns with my meta?
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:05 pm

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

To be honest, I never go into an argument with the intention of making a big deal of it. I'm just an argumentative person and that's probably why I play so much Mafia.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:09 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

I counted out of curiosity, this is my 13th game here. Was exclusively an IRL player before that.

Well hopefully Bazuf is alright. However I see my worst fears coming true.

As for arguments, it’s just a part of the game as far as I’m concerned. I won’t take anything the wrong way, I actually like players who seem like they give a shit.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:11 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

It can be scummy if the defense isn’t warranted imo, but you were making good points so you got a pass.

I won’t lie, I have a bit of meta read on you but it sadly doesn’t apply to this situation and there’s no way I’m going to tell you what it is.
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:12 pm

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

In post 399, Civil Scum wrote: More specific to letting a point go with Naerys was you asking what she thought was weird about a post of yours and then accepting her just repeating that it was weird.
This is a fair point. I honestly didn't think critically about her saying that the post was still weird, I only really responded to the second part of and then after that I ended up getting a little sick and very busy responding to other things in the thread. I will say though that I thought her defense was (I'm struggling to find the right word to describe the vibe. Ineloquent? Honest? Spartan?) enough to convince me that it wasn't coached and it was a genuine struggle to describe the reasoning behind the read.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Death by 1000 Pagetops

Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:12 pm

Post by Alianna »

VC 1.06
Votecount 1.06

Save The Dragons (1):
iamveryhappy
Bazuf (1):
Naerys
Bellaphant (1):
Bazuf
Hu Tao (1):
Starfire
Naerys (1):
Save The Dragons
KatyKimFanClub (1):
Civil Scum
Civil Scum (1):
KatyKimFanClub

Not Voting (6):
Greeting, Random Nurse, Bellaphant, Hu Tao, bob3141, Political Clout

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to secure an elimination.

The day deadline is in
(expired on 2023-08-13 08:30:11).

In post 363, Starfire wrote:
Mod, requesting VLA until Wednesday 2200 UTC +1
Noted.
Last edited by Alianna on Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 26
On hiatus from playing mafia.
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:12 pm

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

In post 405, Civil Scum wrote: I won’t lie, I have a bit of meta read on you but it sadly doesn’t apply to this situation and there’s no way I’m going to tell you what it is.
You would understand why I don't put much weight into your meta reads at all at this point right? If you're going to say it makes me look more town you should just say it out loud.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:37 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

I would be digressing here if I went into what an adbomination mafia day-talk is.

But I find it humorous that you admit Naerys post 267 was weak, so weak in fact it couldn’t have been work-shopped by 3 people.

My meta reads have historically been pretty solid, don’t you worry about that.
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:41 pm

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

In post 409, Civil Scum wrote: My meta reads have historically been pretty solid, don’t you worry about that.
I don't want to be mean but like... they really haven't been this game.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:45 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

We’ll see. I’m usually more selective so I’ve had to skim. I did say historically…

I still think you let Naerys off too easily, to a degree it looks scummy but I’m curious what others think.

I’ll also just add for the record I knew 10 days is too short and we’d end up with practically nothing to go on for half the players in the game.
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:50 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

OK, I'm back for a spell. Lemme look at this thread and
make sense of the rampant paranoia
Scumhunt.
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:52 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

And yes, I AM a 1-shot Bulletproof Miller. This puts me in the unfortunate position of being able to waste one of Scum's NK, at the cost of being *guiltied* IF Copped, and Scum's best bet is to try to get the rest of Town to mis-lim me. Precarious indeed. If you're Town take note they will do their best to remove me from the board.
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:54 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

I'm at page 185. I'm going to give Civil Scum a pass for now because he seems to be an old-school Mafia player from a different place?
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:56 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

Bob, what's your Scum game like again?
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:59 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 214, Naerys wrote:
Random Nurse
- Hard to read for me and claims to be a 1-shot Bulletproof Miller, his posts seem to lack a substance, honestly dont know what to think of him right now
Protip: perceived lack of substance does not a Scum make.

Be wary of creating your own blindspots.
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:01 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 219, Civil Scum wrote: It’s lazy and anti-town.

And both of those things don't make one Scum.

I would suggest breaking out of this rigid thinking that Scum and Town must behave in certain ways.
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:03 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

Save the Dragons, are you Scum this game?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:04 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 387, Civil Scum wrote: Just to be clear, I was shading Hu Tao a bit for active lurking.

If you count Naerys, Bazuf, and Greeting, you’re the fourth player I’ve gone after. I don’t think that qualifies as tunneling at least in the way I understand the term.

Suggesting I’m more anti town than RN or Bazuf at this point? Don’t be ridiculous. I’ll still vote to eliminate any of the less active players if no one else thinks my scum reads have any merit.

Also, as PC said, being too flimsy on your reads can be used to push you since it is a bit scummy. You can hardly blame me for that.
What exactly is active lurking? I just post when I have time. But if I'm being honest I see you and kkfc as TvT at the moment. Not 100% sure on it but I don't think I want either of you today. Is there someone else you'd want?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:07 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 418, Random Nurse wrote: Save the Dragons, are you Scum this game?
Why do you think he could be scum. You were both recently scum together, see any similarities?
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:08 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 232, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 222, Starfire wrote: UNVOTE:

Liking Naerys for town, and Political Clout for town . Seems to be a real attempt to sort me from PolClout, and rereading it looks like we had a bit of a misunderstanding. Nae bother if you don't believe just yet.

@PoliticalClout going to try this one last time. I thought you were trolling at first (shitposting, joking) because there's no other reason to be scum-claiming. Calling you Jester was an effort at sharing that joke while voting for you was trying to shift you out of trolling. This can be rightly criticized as inconsistent, I should have decided to banter or push you. Saw you as scum and kept the vote, re-evaluating it and don't think so anymore.

Bellaphant's gut reads still feel bad, but I'm not confident saying it's scummy. @Naerys, why is trying to be seen as useful a town read? Pretty sure everyone wants to be seen as useful either so they don't get mislimmed or as scum so they don't get found.

Random Nurse's claim is untestable, this is a spare lim if we have basically nothing. I don't like the bulletproof modifier

@Hu Tao, yes it's awkward to draw attention to the awkwardness of a player posting after they have been replaced, why does this make a Clout vote?

VOTE: HuTao

Not a huge fan of SaveTheDragons trolling, but I don't think its necessarily AI. Goes with Random Nurse as a spare lim if we don't get anything better.

Partner is up for the next 5 days, so I'll be trying to do one post per day (will definitely pick the pace up after she leaves Wednesday evening). See y'all tomorrow.
Yes. Because it was clearly done on accident. I don't think it was a big deal enough to post about it

OK, so why exactly was Starfire voting for you Hu Tao? Starfire, what's the exact post you took issue is? Spell it out for me.

Also Hu tao, what do you make of Starfire nonchalantly mentioning me as a spare lim for,,, *reasons,* eh?
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:08 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 420, Hu Tao wrote:
Why do you think he could be scum. You were both recently scum together, see any similarities?

I never said he *COULD* be Scum. I asked him point-blank if he *IS* Scum.

There's a difference.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:12 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 421, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 232, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 222, Starfire wrote: UNVOTE:

Liking Naerys for town, and Political Clout for town . Seems to be a real attempt to sort me from PolClout, and rereading it looks like we had a bit of a misunderstanding. Nae bother if you don't believe just yet.

@PoliticalClout going to try this one last time. I thought you were trolling at first (shitposting, joking) because there's no other reason to be scum-claiming. Calling you Jester was an effort at sharing that joke while voting for you was trying to shift you out of trolling. This can be rightly criticized as inconsistent, I should have decided to banter or push you. Saw you as scum and kept the vote, re-evaluating it and don't think so anymore.

Bellaphant's gut reads still feel bad, but I'm not confident saying it's scummy. @Naerys, why is trying to be seen as useful a town read? Pretty sure everyone wants to be seen as useful either so they don't get mislimmed or as scum so they don't get found.

Random Nurse's claim is untestable, this is a spare lim if we have basically nothing. I don't like the bulletproof modifier

@Hu Tao, yes it's awkward to draw attention to the awkwardness of a player posting after they have been replaced, why does this make a Clout vote?

VOTE: HuTao

Not a huge fan of SaveTheDragons trolling, but I don't think its necessarily AI. Goes with Random Nurse as a spare lim if we don't get anything better.

Partner is up for the next 5 days, so I'll be trying to do one post per day (will definitely pick the pace up after she leaves Wednesday evening). See y'all tomorrow.
Yes. Because it was clearly done on accident. I don't think it was a big deal enough to post about it

OK, so why exactly was Starfire voting for you Hu Tao? Starfire, what's the exact post you took issue is? Spell it out for me.

Also Hu tao, what do you make of Starfire nonchalantly mentioning me as a spare lim for,,, *reasons,* eh?
This vote by starfire is valid in my opinion at the time. Basically I mixed up the replacements. And commented on it. But I don't know why they are still voting me after, could just not have seen it
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:12 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 422, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 420, Hu Tao wrote:

I never said he *COULD* be Scum. I asked him point-blank if he *IS* Scum.

There's a difference.
How come he's scum?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”