mystery box of silver 15: i'm killing hostages (negotiated)

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:06 pm

Post by Alisae »

ofrhz what do u think of bluesneks vote on u
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:07 pm

Post by DkKoba »

having "terrible reads" mid d1 is hardly insulting to me when i am perfectly fine being wrong because being wrong is part of the process often to being right.

having the humility to stop and say "oh this might be town" instead of trying to desperately support an argument with anything is how good players treat pushes

you are painting me as being scummy for doing what good players do when their read doesnt hold up too well, which i find annoying because its just not good mafia theory at all.

for example, you had infinity pinned supposedly early in death metal mafia, and i pushed your slot and another before i ended on infinity. it is not bad play to explore options and build a nuanced view on the game. tunneling 1 slot for a 1 dimensional thing will never be 100% accurate in practice.

regardless i found something in ur meta that implies you cant be scum with pooky unless pooky really pushed hard to make this a plan to bad faith push me constantly but eh, and im like 99% sure pooky is mafia so w/e

because you, basically, are trying to bully me to accept YOUR reads, that i "cannot be possibly town unless i agree with drew", and i cant really respect that kind of play that relies on that premise. being wrong does not make someone mafia. think thats a pretty obvious statement that doesnt need qualification. like you are calling my reads bad but your reads are based on my slot being scum.... so i think you should clearly understand that my POV is going to potentially be different than yours if your reads are based on preflipping me. i am very adept at understanding the way people misread my slot out of experience, you arent the first person to push me for being me, and ignore my process entirely, i just suck at convincing the other person to understand that the premise they are using is wrong, and that is a major roadblock often for me.

@orf @dannfloor @hpe i'd like to suggest this: VOTE: meuh
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:08 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1149, ofrhz wrote:
Spoiler:
quote=HighPrincessErinys post_id=13870496 post_num=1099 time=1691647400 user_id=36786]
In post 1090, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: fifth time im asking you
this one expects you to just brush me off and go "lol no im not being an asshole" but fine heres my personal top 5 (not in any particular order) pooky rat bastard moments, in general. tired of thinking about this
In post 1019, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1010, DkKoba wrote: GOTCHAS ARE THE WORST FUCKING WAY TO FIND SCUM IF U ARE TOWN. i will NOT play ur stupid game
have you read your iso rofl
In post 1022, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1020, DkKoba wrote:
In post 1019, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1010, DkKoba wrote: GOTCHAS ARE THE WORST FUCKING WAY TO FIND SCUM IF U ARE TOWN. i will NOT play ur stupid game
have you read your iso rofl
quote a single gotcha i made
^
In post 1026, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1024, DkKoba wrote:
In post 1021, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1016, HighPrincessErinys wrote: gonna be real neither drew nor pooky is arguing @ koba with even a SHRED of good faith at this point. this is like solely to fuck with them and its kind of dickish imho lmao
I am responding to koba's bad faith with my own bad faith because i find it hilarious
town you would know youre making the game unfun for me and not do this, unless youre actually just like an asshole and im just now learning you disgustingly think others suffering is funny
what r u even talking about

who is pushing who here?
In post 1038, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1036, DkKoba wrote:
In post 1032, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: like i think you're mafia and you're treating me in bad faith so i'm responding to you with bad faith

so if i'm town, i'm misreading you

but i'm not an asshole because I believe you're mafia

i'd only be an asshole if i'm town and i believe you're town and I'm trolling you for fun

I do not believe you're town in fact my legacy is to yeet you

ur pushing me in an incredibly assholey way that is intended to make me emotionally respond bc you know i look scummy to average level players when im upset.
in the context of a game of mafia saying someone is mafia is not being an asshole to them
In post 1044, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1042, DkKoba wrote:
In post 1039, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: if anyone is being an asshole its you since you've decided to
accuse me of being a trust teller
or whatever
pookytell is a term that spawned out of thin air my b
literally wasnt even a rule back then but sure
[/spoiler]
none of this is really gaslighting btw
[/quote]

i feel like he has tried to gaslight me, not ur place to decide if it is or not
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:10 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1150, Alisae wrote: ofrhz what do u think of bluesneks vote on u
am i town alisae
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:18 pm

Post by ofrhz »

I already said I think it's bad
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:20 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1151, DkKoba wrote: having "terrible reads" mid d1 is hardly insulting to me when i am perfectly fine being wrong because being wrong is part of the process often to being right.

having the humility to stop and say "oh this might be town" instead of trying to desperately support an argument with anything is how good players treat pushes

you are painting me as being scummy for doing what good players do when their read doesnt hold up too well, which i find annoying because its just not good mafia theory at all.

for example, you had infinity pinned supposedly early in death metal mafia, and i pushed your slot and another before i ended on infinity. it is not bad play to explore options and build a nuanced view on the game. tunneling 1 slot for a 1 dimensional thing will never be 100% accurate in practice.

regardless i found something in ur meta that implies you cant be scum with pooky unless pooky really pushed hard to make this a plan to bad faith push me constantly but eh, and im like 99% sure pooky is mafia so w/e

because you, basically, are trying to bully me to accept YOUR reads, that i "cannot be possibly town unless i agree with drew", and i cant really respect that kind of play that relies on that premise. being wrong does not make someone mafia. think thats a pretty obvious statement that doesnt need qualification. like you are calling my reads bad but your reads are based on my slot being scum.... so i think you should clearly understand that my POV is going to potentially be different than yours if your reads are based on preflipping me. i am very adept at understanding the way people misread my slot out of experience, you arent the first person to push me for being me, and ignore my process entirely, i just suck at convincing the other person to understand that the premise they are using is wrong, and that is a major roadblock often for me.

@orf @dannfloor @hpe i'd like to suggest this: VOTE: meuh
the sad part is drew will probably still think im mafia for changing my read lol
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:28 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1154, ofrhz wrote:
hows ur catchup going

wanna spitball ur worldview at me?

we dont need to just focus on blue who hasnt even posted for a while, we're not going to get a better grasp of their alignment anytime soon, and as much as alisae wants to pretend, they have not posted enough to say that they are implausible to be town - so in the meantime while they havent returned and acknowledged the spotlight on them, lets broaden our view into more of the game.

i am kinda a big piece of the game atm, you said u tr me,

i got to 8 votes at one point - since u like probability, thats a scenario i also personally feel is indicative of scum likely on wagon, id like you to look at it(ISO the game mod to teleport to around where the wagon was) and try to explain what u see if you can.
would be good if u gave takes on everyone on it

i personally think that alisae is dragging you along to pocket you and appealing to things that would bias you towards what she wants you to do, so for me it is hard to see blue scum as there is plausibility for blue town, and i see very little plausibility for alisae town, as i have played with alisae a lot, and when alisae doesnt really solve the game as a whole and hyperfocuses 1 slot to die, it is indicative of her being mafia. and ergo it is unreasonable for me to lean on the side of blue being mafia if i think alisae's agenda is to kill town blue.

now if blue came back, and i ended up reevaluating to a scumread there, i would probably switch my read on alisae as she has a very hardcore anti-bus meta as scum that she very rarely breaks if ever, and esp never on day 1 when their partner isnt in danger. this type of range makes it very easy to read spew of them basically(pooky is similar)

if you believe in meta, i suggest browsing garlic bread heist in alisae's recent games, I was in that game myself under "garlic bread". cheers.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:35 pm

Post by ofrhz »

I was wondering how HPE ended up defending Koba bc I remember it scumreading them. I see HPE was pushing Koba but then it backed off saying its "Scum PT" push (for lack of a better word) was no longer good, and said it doesn't understand why the Koba wagon is a thing to begin with.

I don't really understand what changed besides that Dannflor called it out for it in . As I understand it, it scumread Koba for a thought it was good but then it later realized it wasn't good. Erinys was that what you were saying in ?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:35 pm

Post by DkKoba »

town alisae: viewtopic.php?t=91073

scum alisae: viewtopic.php?t=90848

look at the push on mith in the second game, and look at alisae's approach to slots like vp baltar in the first one.

like best case scenario we are in a game where alisae is having an off town game imo and not really trying at all, but imo they just lack any sort of passion in their play and are just robotically advancing scum wincon
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:46 pm

Post by ofrhz »

Spoiler:
In post 358, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 351, DkKoba wrote:
In post 349, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 348, DkKoba wrote:
In post 347, Doctor Drew wrote: My Koba vote was RVS, but ah.....not switching anytime soon.
seems arbitrary given your reads thus far
You mean all my reads about how I love slam metal and baseball?

Or about Sky and Pooky being town?

Are independent of my read on you.
very interactive play, thank you.

ur definitely not contributing to the problem
I was being a bit snarky, but my point was I really haven't given many serious reads(the Sky and Pooky ones being the exception). So what was so arbitrary of my read on you?

Just don't like your tone, and blaming being drunk for a bad read(even though you made the post about HPE this evening and didn't explain it more until called out about it by HPE)
In post 375, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 370, DkKoba wrote:
In post 364, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 361, DkKoba wrote:
In post 358, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 351, DkKoba wrote:
In post 349, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 348, DkKoba wrote:
In post 347, Doctor Drew wrote: My Koba vote was RVS, but ah.....not switching anytime soon.
seems arbitrary given your reads thus far
You mean all my reads about how I love slam metal and baseball?

Or about Sky and Pooky being town?

Are independent of my read on you.
very interactive play, thank you.

ur definitely not contributing to the problem
I was being a bit snarky, but my point was I really haven't given many serious reads(the Sky and Pooky ones being the exception). So what was so arbitrary of my read on you?

Just don't like your tone, and blaming being drunk for a bad read(even though you made the post about HPE this evening and didn't explain it more until called out about it by HPE)
not drunk, the other legal thing

also why is it a bad read ? i literally had reasoning for it, just bc i cannot remember the details on how i reached it doesnt mean its a bad read lmao
Didn't say it was bad per se, just that you felt you had to explain it when only called out by the subject of it.

Always, weed is overrated.....get in the whiskey pocket.
oh so ur mindset is that u shouldnt explain stuff when asked. explains a ton tbh
Explain wasn't the right word, more defend it(or maybe more accurately, make an excuse for the read).....you didn't really explain anything.
In post 499, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 496, DkKoba wrote:
In post 495, Doctor Drew wrote: It's dawning on me that this back and forth is doing nothing for the game at hand, this little song and dance has gotten boring now.

At least make it look like a real fight at this point.
youre not helping with comments like this, go away unless you have something to contribute
I am contributing, this is such contrived theater between you two.
In post 715, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 712, The Bulge wrote:
In post 499, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 496, DkKoba wrote:
In post 495, Doctor Drew wrote: It's dawning on me that this back and forth is doing nothing for the game at hand, this little song and dance has gotten boring now.

At least make it look like a real fight at this point.
youre not helping with comments like this, go away unless you have something to contribute
I am contributing, this is such contrived theater between you two.
i'd like to think that premeditated theatre would be a little more interesting to read no?
Started off strong, but the writers kept rehashing themselves in the second act, and the finale fell real flat.

But ya, as I said I don't think Ranger was actually complicit in it and was just Koba seemingly purposely going over the top.

Actually seems like almost every interaction they have had here in this game, at least as of late has been a head scratcher(Ranger, HPE, Pooky).

It seems like less open wolfing and more they want to draw the lim? I think I even said it as much, but even I don't fully by it.....not to mentioned how often they are throwing there vote around.

Schadd needs to send Koba to the showers after Edman send one into the cheep seats.
In post 979, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 978, DkKoba wrote: also you can see he is actually poking around other slots and all that there to get to that conclusion, he just decided i was scum here and just kept calling me scum. he is capable of showing reasoning for reads
Isn't this the issue you had with Ranger? Which now somehow you two townread each other????
In post 984, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 982, DkKoba wrote:
In post 979, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 978, DkKoba wrote: also you can see he is actually poking around other slots and all that there to get to that conclusion, he just decided i was scum here and just kept calling me scum. he is capable of showing reasoning for reads
Isn't this the issue you had with Ranger? Which now somehow you two townread each other????
ranger's play and pooky's play is like miles apart so kinda obvious how i townread ranger and not pooky
Yet you use the same vernacular in your defense.

Gotcha.
In post 997, Doctor Drew wrote: ou stui
In post 994, DkKoba wrote: "scum want to look townie" like youre doing now by trying to justify your play as townie?
You literally didn't explain the whole truth.

Fuck off with this bullshit.

I can go on if you would like?

When exactly did you town read Ranger?

Quote that for me please.
In post 1012, Doctor Drew wrote:
Town would explain why they suddenly town read a slot(Ranger) after literally just hard scum reading them.
In post 1070, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 1053, DkKoba wrote: i reconsidered the arguments i had for ranger being scum, and realized they werent good arguments and had good reasons to find them town, thats mafia 101, i would call myself a bad player if i just tunneled 100% with no evaluation, thats for 2020 noob koba

like its not the own you think it is ROFL
Nah, you kept wanting to pivot onto Pooky......you even kept wanting to keep pushing Ranger until you felt it was a lost cause.

And you literally are tunneling Pooky right now.
In post 1079, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 1071, DkKoba wrote:
In post 1070, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 1053, DkKoba wrote: i reconsidered the arguments i had for ranger being scum, and realized they werent good arguments and had good reasons to find them town, thats mafia 101, i would call myself a bad player if i just tunneled 100% with no evaluation, thats for 2020 noob koba

like its not the own you think it is ROFL
Nah, you kept wanting to pivot onto Pooky......you even kept wanting to keep pushing Ranger until you felt it was a lost cause.

And you literally are tunneling Pooky right now.
why is pooky town
Why are you town?

Pooky is the same Pook I have seen before, as town.

You are a super defensive, manipulative player who has done nothing pro town this game.

How can you objectively look at your own iso and say 'hey this mother fucker is town'
I dunno I can kind of see this as TvT. Maybe I'm biased because i tr Drew from early but he's trying to engage with you about how your stances. The engagement doesn't feel bad faith to me
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:47 pm

Post by ofrhz »

*how your stances changed
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:47 pm

Post by Alisae »

did you vote it or is there some reason ur not voting it?
GTKAS
| here.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:49 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1161, Alisae wrote:
did you vote it or is there some reason ur not voting it?
beep boop beep boop
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:49 pm

Post by DkKoba »

cannot compute anything but my agenda, i am alisae
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:49 pm

Post by ofrhz »

We don't have a deadline and people keep asking me to read shit. I actually have some free time so I will
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:50 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1164, ofrhz wrote: We don't have a deadline and people keep asking me to read shit. I actually have some free time so I will
im just protecting u from the robo-scum alisae. biggest alisae tell is 0 emotion in posts
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:51 pm

Post by DkKoba »

like alisae's posts have a super flat tone LMAO like my internal voice reads it in a monotone naturally
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:51 pm

Post by DkKoba »

maybe i should VOTE: alisae

ye

we should kill obvious scum alisae and crack the game open tbh tbh
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:56 pm

Post by DkKoba »

(alisae completely ignoring me should be like... telling enough about the fact that I am right and alisae is really scared of saying the wrong thing in response and getting pushed, and prefers not to give potential ammo for any that may be convinced)
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:00 pm

Post by ofrhz »

I don't remember a single Meuh post to be quite frank, but I kinda do just want to VOTE: BlueSnakelet

If I were to vote someone on that wagon of yours @Koba, it'd probably be Pooky. Moving beyond why HPE's stated reasons for unvoting you in the first place, I can see town just thinking you got more towny as the 1v1 went on. But it has a good point in that he has felt like he's just goading you to tilt you or something. Also xyzzy's pop in vote where they said you/Ranger were SvS was quite ? and no town points for those late to the buffet I'm afraid

Spoiler:
Sorry about saying it wasn't gaslighting btw I completely missed that you felt that way. I just don't like people throwing that word around willy nilly
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:08 pm

Post by ofrhz »

Idk I'm refraining from voting Pooky because makes it seem like he genuinely didn't realize how he was coming across.

Rereading HPE's ISO, I remember how much I disliked though. The cherry on top is that BlueSnakelet liked this post and cited it as a reason to scum read me
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:43 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

@Ranger are you townreading Koba? And does it have anything to do with them calling your play nuanced?
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:28 am

Post by Skygazer »

The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:30 am

Post by The Bulge »

this game is v nocturnal eh
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:32 am

Post by The Bulge »

i had probably the best raspberries ive ever had this morning and one of them tasted a tiny bit moldy and it didnt slow my roll one bit

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”