Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:17 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 190, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 127, Aristeia wrote: i think ina is excited by mech as both alignments so its nai for her.
What do you actually make of ina? So far? If you had a gun to your head, what would you say she is?
probably town because she has some of the same thoughts as me but it's not anything she can't fake as mafia
You are always gonna be my love
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:47 am

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 209, Dannflor wrote: regarding FA

this post struck me as like, probably too unfriendly/abrupt to be intuitive for a scum player this early on in the game? it feels like most scum players would welcome any line of questioning just so they had something to post

I'll admit I'm not familiar with this player though
You are familiar with me, but I am explicitly here to play with a different playstyle. I am an open alt, but even Datisi didn't realize who i was until after this game started for some reason.

Don't think you will read me better by knowing my main. I also will try to refrain from meta arguments in this game for reads because that isn't something i like focusing on here, I am familiar with more than half the playerlist.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted

I do not play like bringer, stop comparing me to bringer.
Sail
Sail
They/them
Goon
Sail
They/them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:47 am

Post by Sail »

In post 184, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 166, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 164, Sail wrote:
In post 39, Doctor Drew wrote: Right now though, don't love it.
"Don't love it" as in you think that Ranger is wrong town or Ranger is scum?
After seeing her do it in a previous version of this setup, I think it is just her fucking around and is NAI.
this post stands out to me the most, it gives me vibes of scum getting pressed on an early game throwaway comment and trying to handwave away a probing question
I got the opposite vibes from that. Drew answered my question as if he was town trying to help me sort Ranger. He didn't seem like scum trying to justify/handwave a question that was intended to sort him.
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:53 am

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 182, GuiltyLion wrote: I also want Dusa to be town, but stating that you need to resist flattery while also complimenting Dusa yourself makes the post feel like an act
Act, yes. Scummy? Not sure.
if I was psychoanalyzing Titus posts, I don't think scum are actually trying to buddy in this fashion this early and its obviously more a joke/style not serious post.

Also on your comment on dusa, I don't agree pointing out the obvious of Dusa performing was townie since i didn't even explain if it was scummy or townie behavior. I am waiting to see if i think dusa is using as a shield or just styling of making reads.

I do have a belief that if dusa is town, there is a high chance scum will want to focus or will make votes there early and fos. If you see a player doing a performance its easier to craft arguments of them being fake/hiding/etc because the arguments write themselves.

I probably will put whoever votes dusa on a watch list for later.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted

I do not play like bringer, stop comparing me to bringer.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:56 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 223, Sail wrote:
In post 125, furtiveglance wrote: Dusa, can you explain what the demigod stuff means? I think it's the only thing I don't understand in the thread so far.
furtive, how would you say that you approach the early game as town?
I post at random intervals or if I have a thought about something, or if someone asks me something. I don't usually vote until I see something particularly egregious.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:57 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 224, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 222, Dusa wrote: Oh Titus is the one who agreed with me about Aristeia isn't she? I will probably pick one of the two to like. Whichever one can teach me hairstyles!
Just shave it off, best choice I ever made.
That's a bald choice.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:01 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 228, Sail wrote:
In post 184, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 166, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 164, Sail wrote:
In post 39, Doctor Drew wrote: Right now though, don't love it.
"Don't love it" as in you think that Ranger is wrong town or Ranger is scum?
After seeing her do it in a previous version of this setup, I think it is just her fucking around and is NAI.
this post stands out to me the most, it gives me vibes of scum getting pressed on an early game throwaway comment and trying to handwave away a probing question
I got the opposite vibes from that. Drew answered my question as if he was town trying to help me sort Ranger. He didn't seem like scum trying to justify/handwave a question that was intended to sort him.
I missed this, thank you Sail for commenting so it is brought up again.

Ranger made a weird entrance(imo), one which I didn't love, it was pointed out she made the almost exact post in a previous version of the game(which was then verified), then knowing how Ranger is a low key troll/jokey player, it became just a shit post that is NAI(she did clarify that she will actually use no studying, but unless she is deep wolfing trolling.....still is NAI imo).

I don't know how you, Guilty Lion, arrived at your read on me.

Pre Edit: I like to live on the razors edge
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
BlueSnakelet
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/It

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:58 am

Post by BlueSnakelet »

DPC
Datisi's psychology club

PROJECT STUDY HALL 1.0

1. Introduction

TPR points are obtained by not-studying, which also causes the
Professors' Pets
to gain SPR points. The
Project Study Hall
aims to give the
Club
enough TPR points to defeat the
Professors' Pets
, while minimizing the amount of SPR points they'll get in return.

2. The effects of not-studying

The amount of SPR points generated is proportional to the amount TPR points obtained that Week, but this "proportion" does not stay the same throughout the game. It is calculated using the arithmetic average of the TPR points obtained all living
Club Members
. This means that TPR points start cheap and get more expansive as
Club Members
drop out.

At the start, there are
14 Club Members
. This means that for every 14 TPR points we get, the
Professors' Pets
get 1 SPR point. We would need to collectively obtain 700 TPR points for the
Professors' Pets
to get the 50 SPR points required for one extra kill. While scary, a single extra kill isn't enough for them to win the game. 700 TPR points, however, is enough for us to win the game.

If we drop to
7 Club Members
, then the
Professors' Pets
will get one SPR point for every 7 TPR we get. This means the "price" of TPR points doubled up since Week 1, and the
Professors' Pets
will get 50 SPR points for just 350 TPR points, which is a better deal for them.

And here lies the primary directive of
Project Study Hall
: For every TPR point you plan to spend this game, the best time to get it is
as soon as physically possible
. Any amount of studying one Week followed by any amount of not-studying the following Week will result in more SPR being created than if you had simply not-studied the previous Week.

3. Study groups

As nice it is to get a great deal for our TPR points, we should be careful not to buy too much of it. That's why I've devised three study groups that
Club Members
will choose depending on their role. I don't know what role you have (and you shouldn't tell me), so you just have to read your Role PM and follow your heart.

Group 1:
This is the group for vanillas and weak PRs that don't directly aid in defeating the
Professors' Pets
. Roles like Neighborizer or Messenger are really cool, but probably not worth the points. I'd argue that Vigilante fits here too, since they're probably expensive and not preferable over Weekly dismissal. People in this group will not gain or spend any TPR points, and will study 100% of the time every Week. Ideally, half of all
Club Members
(including vanillas) should be in this group.

Group 2:
This is the default group for most PRs. Roles that can stop the Weekend expulsion like protectors and blockers fit here. Weaker investigators such as Traffic Annalist fits here too. People in this group will get and spend no more than 100 TPR points each, and will do all their not-studying in Week 1. Ideally, most of people not in
Group 1
should be in this group.

Group 3:
This is the group for the most powerful of roles, such as the standard Cop. People in this group will get and spend no more than 200 TPR each. They'll study 0% of the time during Week 1, and will do all of their remaining not-studying during Week 2. Judging from the Datisi's Café roster, only one person should be in this group.

Group 4:
This is the group for expensive, game-ending roles. People in this group will study 0% of the time until they've gathered as many TPR points as necessary, and then will study the rest of the game. Unless Datisi has gone mad, this group should be empty.

4. Expected results

If I'm right about how many people will end up in each group, then the
Professors' Pets
will get a little more than 50 SPR points
for the entire game
. This will severely stunt their power while leaving the
Club Members
with enough to make quite the splash.
Let he who is with sin, and loves it, cast the final stone.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:03 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 216, Dusa wrote: I think that the posts were separate! It seemed like BlueSnakelet posted that Ranger was making a joke which was obvious, but then pondered whether the Professor had passed the joke down later!

If it was making the posts especially to show off the second part, the posts would be together!

I was taught to try to read hearts that way by someone else once..
aaa, the classic double post tell, I see. thanks for explaining this makes sense to me

and you're right to pick up that I do want to be liked, but especially by the people who I think are town! do have a read on Fire Assassin at this point?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
BlueSnakelet
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/It

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:09 am

Post by BlueSnakelet »

In post 216, Dusa wrote:
In post 181, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 84, Dusa wrote: I like post 59 and !
can you elaborate on this? I don't have an issue with those posts but they don't seem like they would be difficult to write as scum, especially in the town!Ranger world
I think that the posts were separate! It seemed like BlueSnakelet posted that Ranger was making a joke which was obvious, but then pondered whether the Professor had passed the joke down later!

If it was making the posts especially to show off the second part, the posts would be together!

I was taught to try to read hearts that way by someone else once..
This is correct. I thought about 60 the instant after I pressed "Submit" for 59.
Let he who is with sin, and loves it, cast the final stone.
ina marija
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: ina it she

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:11 am

Post by ina marija »

In post 113, Ranger wrote: Imagine how it feels to be compared to the object of your hate. Please don't, going forward.
sorry that's my bad
every word is rind of the snow, a girl writes on it with a branch. the snow melts... the girl melts too.
ina marija
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:17 am

Post by ina marija »

In post 116, Titus wrote: Ina's not off the hook with me as filler mechanics talk is something I would love as scum. It demotivates town and gets info at the same time.

do you really the goal of my posting thus far has been to demotivate town?
In post 116, Titus wrote:I'm not lock scumming her but I'd like to see that brain process interactions as she's smart enough to.
not sure why you'd need to clarify that you're not lock scumming me here nor am i sure why you have this impression of me

however! i don't really think processing interactions has much to do with being smart enough anyway rather simply desire or interest in doing so but it's not like scum!me couldn't do this just the same

like how is 'oh she will definitely start processing interactions now that i've told her to if she's town and that is how i will know' like, a useful approach to me,
every word is rind of the snow, a girl writes on it with a branch. the snow melts... the girl melts too.
ina marija
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:18 am

Post by ina marija »

*do you really think
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:24 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 217, Doctor Drew wrote: I didn't like how Dann was trying to fast track the wagon
I would like to hear more about this - do you think fast tracking a wagon on the first RL day of the game is scummy? and did you think that wagon was actually getting in danger of going through to a dismissal?
In post 217, Doctor Drew wrote: Also I think I know where you are going as far as Ranger goes, no I wasn't in that game but bluesnake quoted the post from the other game they made. Once I could tell it was just Ranger joking around, it instantly became NAI.
hmm my issue is less with your ultimate conclusion of it being NAI but rather that
at the time
you posted , you would have thought she was serious and would have been thinking either "wrong town" or "scum" (Sail's question), and I didn't like that you didn't add any context in your response to Sail which would actually make your thinking at the time more clear.

(@Sail this goes to your response too^)

however reading this over again and seeing the above re:Dann I am sensing this might be a thing where I'm tripping up because you are repeatedly saying you "don't love" or "didn't like" things - in my mind whenever someone says that it means they think the thing is scummy, but that's potentially a projection on my part.

so I'd appreciate an answer to my question about Dann and fast tracking, and hopefully that can help in a more general sense me to understand what you actually mean when you say you don't "like" or "love" something. Just offering a vague assessment like that feels v much to me like shade for the sake of shade, and makes your actual reasoning (& read itself!) unclear, so that's where I'm coming from.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
ina marija
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:25 am

Post by ina marija »

In post 148, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 145, Fire Assassin wrote:
In post 138, furtiveglance wrote: This looks like quite a superficial joke to me, why the points?
I don't know what you mean by superficial. It was a town mindset response to the strategy proposed.
No, it was a sardonic remark about Ranger's claim of being good at scumhunting.

no it wasn't? it was commentary on the fact that ranger claimed something and said she would be studying 0% of the time and such and to trust in her scumhunting when trusting in one's scumhunting would logically mean to trust them to find scums via dayplay

which i don't really trust in my own ability to do so thus why i asked everyone to come be towny as it makes it significantly easier

anyway do you think this means something for fire assassin's alignment or for my alignment or ..?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:27 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 230, furtiveglance wrote: I post at random intervals or if I have a thought about something, or if someone asks me something. I don't usually vote until I see something particularly egregious.
please vote loosely and freely, votes are infinitely more valuable than words in terms of reading you and in terms of generating information across the entire game
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:29 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

also, I'm fully on board with BlueSnakelet's reasoning and plan and I'm gonna give him a whole heap of D1 towncred for posting it
ina marija
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:31 am

Post by ina marija »

In post 171, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 170, Dannflor wrote:
In post 91, Dannflor wrote:
In post 67, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 62, BlueSnakelet wrote: What do you think about Ina, Drew? So far the only thing I've got is a raised eyebrow.
Kinda the same, I know how they can be posting wise. But I have pings about they are a bit different here, I kinda feel they could put me in their pocket.

Like I don't love the dann vote on them, but want to see where it goes.
drew what exactly pings different about it here

what about their posting makes you feel like they are or could pocket you
@drew
Well they could pocket me because I think they know I am familiar with their interesting posting style.

But, I will still stand by there was a bit more to their potential role fishing.....they even seemed self aware about it when I called them out on it when I didn't know who their alt was.

i... don't know what you're saying here

yes i know you are familiar with how i post we just recently played a game together but why does that mean i would be able to pocket you

and yes i think people's reactions to that sort of thing can potentially be ai, yours included, like would you expect town!me to be unaware that others might react that way but scum!me would be aware?
ina marija
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:32 am

Post by ina marija »

In post 242, GuiltyLion wrote: also, I'm fully on board with BlueSnakelet's reasoning and plan and I'm gonna give him a whole heap of D1 towncred for posting it

ehh i mostly agree with it of course but also like, could have accomplished the same thing with much less effort and i'm always wary of that sort of thing
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:36 am

Post by Titus »

In post 203, Dannflor wrote: I agree about the Titus offness

I thought she was a little... uncharitable? towards ina

which makes the absence of a vote weirder
I am uncharitable towards bad play. My goal however is to find the cause and determine alignment. People make mistakes. It doesn't make them scum. I feel like someone is trying to provoke a T v T. I'm not sure which.

Given the same people want Drew, I'm inclined not to despite it getting out of RVS.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
ina marija
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:36 am

Post by ina marija »

In post 180, KatyKimFanClub wrote:
In post 173, osuka wrote:
In post 163, KatyKimFanClub wrote:
In post 153, osuka wrote: i mean dude let's be real, it's a datisi theme game. we're all fucked
What do you mean by that?
the biggest word in that sentence is 6 letters

do you seriously need me to explain
Uh, I’ll go find someone else I guess?

i think(?) osuka is saying that weird things can be expected from this game design wise and they're likely to lean scum-sided?

tho not really sure why the need to be standoffish on osuka's part just makes game less pleasant, shrug
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:36 am

Post by Titus »

I doubt it's all scum as I hard TR Dann.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

ina marija
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
ina marija
ina it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:38 am

Post by ina marija »

In post 245, Titus wrote:
In post 203, Dannflor wrote: I agree about the Titus offness

I thought she was a little... uncharitable? towards ina

which makes the absence of a vote weirder
I am uncharitable towards bad play. My goal however is to find the cause and determine alignment. People make mistakes. It doesn't make them scum. I feel like someone is trying to provoke a T v T. I'm not sure which.

Given the same people want Drew, I'm inclined not to despite it getting out of RVS.

if that's bad play all of my play is bad; not sure why you have the expectation that i am 'smart' et cetera

like i really don't see how anything i've done would be classified as a mistake maybe you disagree on approach but there's no like, objective way to analyse that
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:38 am

Post by Titus »

In post 219, Dusa wrote: I think the Titus post reads the most innocently if she was joking about resisting flattery. If she was serious, I think I agree she seemed to be serving two gods in one breath, and one as a virtue show off.

Hopefully she was completely joking and will accept the gift of my favorite trinket!
I was joking. People rarely see me joke.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”