Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:51 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 2374, camelCasedSnivy wrote: i think cook is the best choice for today tho
Yeah I don't think we're in a disagreement
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:59 am

Post by DkKoba »

why is cook mafia other than the circular confbias i have seen going on

i was an original cook scumreader who had actual reasons and those reasons dont really apply anymore so lets hear it
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:59 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2374, camelCasedSnivy wrote: i think cook is the best choice for today tho
like u really gonna come out here and try to say this when kkfc and aureal are 2 slots right there lol
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:00 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2366, DkKoba wrote: hey reminder that when something seems too good to be true for too little cost, it probably is.

look at this role PM why it is so dumb that people are just accepting mech stuff because its easy to say "yes" and do it when the flavor of an MLM probably means that if you dont reach a "goal" by X point something bad happens probably and Aureal gets all the benefits, just like a real MLM:

Subject: Anything uPick (Endgame)
In post 7519, RadiantCowbells wrote: The prayers of many have reached Sanae Kochiya in their dying moments, bolstering her power and fueling her ascension to godhood.

As her power waxes she reaches her 13th prayer and creates a miracle, ascending to divinity and winning the game for her team.

Sakura Hana was Sanae Kochiya, Wind Priestess.

Spoiler: Role PM
Welcome, Sakura Hana. You are Sanae Kochiya, Wind Priestess. You are a Mafia Faith-Collecting Deity.

Something like winning a match can't be compared to a miracle!

Prayers to Moriya (Faith-Dependent): Every time a town-aligned player dies, they will have the option to pray to you. As you receive prayers, you will gain stronger and stronger 1-use power roles.

Shrine Maiden (Loved): At 3 prayers you become loved for the remainder of the game. This modifier ceases to work in XLo.
Mighty Wind (1-Shot Strongman Ninja Vigilante): At 5 prayers once per game you may target a player for a nightkill that will use both the strongman and ninja modifiers. This is independent of the factional nightkill.
Gray Thaumaturgy (Triple Role Cop): At 7 prayers once per game you can discover 3 roles. This ability cannot be roleblocked.
Forgotten Ritual (Mass Roleblock): At 10 prayers, you can roleblock every town-aligned player together. This supercedes all other actions.
OR
Forgotten Ritual (1-Shot Loyal Vig): At 10 prayers, you can target a player with a Loyal Vig action.
Miracle (Non-standard Win Condition): At 13 prayers, you can cause a miracle and win the game instantly for your team.
Mafia (Mafia): You are aligned with the Mafia and can discuss the game with your teammates here.

You win when the Town have been removed or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Your fakeclaim is as follows:

Welcome, Sakura Hana. You are Sanae Kochiya, Wind Priestess. You are a Faith-Collecting Deity.

Something like winning a match can't be compared to a miracle!

Prayers to Moriya (Faith-Dependent): Every time a town-aligned player dies, they will have the option to pray to you. As you receive prayers, you will gain stronger and stronger 1-use power roles.

Shrine Maiden (Loved): At 3 prayers you become loved for the remainder of the game. This modifier ceases to work in XLo.
Mighty Wind (1-Shot Parity Cop): At 5 prayers once per game you may target two player and learn whether they are the same alignment or different.
Gray Thaumaturgy (Triple Role Cop): At 7 prayers once per game you can discover 3 roles. This ability cannot be interfered with.
Forgotten Ritual (2-Shot Disloyal Vig): At 10 prayers, you can pick two players and disloyally vig them, killing them if they are not on your team.
Miracle (Divine Ascension): At 13 prayers, you leave the game. As you leave, you are given the full scumteam and have the option of strongman killing one of your choice.

You win when the Mafia have been removed or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Anything uPick has ended!
please read ty
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:03 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 2367, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 2361, Aureal wrote: Also, I did have a reason for saying KKFC should use his other neighborhood. Doesn't have to go though with a full recruitment, but he definitely should open it. Maybe with DE or Snivy?
Do you wanna SAY what is the reason? Aside from locking us away from being recruited by Theta?
It doesn't lock anything of the sort, and if he uses it on you or Snivy like I suggested then you aren't people who want the full recruitment at this point anyway because that bars you from using your own night actions. I just want him to open the neighborhood, and I'll explain after.
In post 2369, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 2365, Bingle wrote:
In post 2332, Aureal wrote: Sad but not entirely unexpected. KKFC should definitely hit someone else with a neighborhood before we end the day. At some point people can try to confirm that Bingle can't receive the Amway abilities, doesn't necessarily have to be today.
Fun how Aureal, despite crusading hard for her role to be a large chain to maximize the amount of powers people who are not Aureal get, seems to be entirely fine with just going wide here.
Yeah.

This reminds me of something but I will make a separate post for it.
Really, please just stop fucking agreeing with every obvious lie Bingle comes up with. I've given multiple suggestions for what to do at this point and the only thing I'm adamant needs to happen is KKFC opening a second neighborhood, and suggested it be with PEOPLE WHO SHOULD NOT BE RECRUITED TO AMWAY RIGHT NOW which would leave KKFC with no power yet today. Nor have I ever "crusaded hard" for any particular configuration- what I have done is ASK PEOPLE FOR INPUT ON IT only to get nothing but vile slander.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:04 am

Post by ofrhz »

@Aureal
do other recruits retain the abilities and can they continue to recruit if you are dead?

Do people who are dead still count as recruits?

I also want to know what is happening in the hood, if you discussed reads with Anix (especially your reads on each other)
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:09 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 2381, ofrhz wrote:
@Aureal
do other recruits retain the abilities and can they continue to recruit if you are dead?

I also want to know what is happening in the hood, if you discussed reads with Anix (especially your reads on each other)
Yes, yes, and very little. AniX and I exchanged a couple points on our suspicion of DE and a bit about our abilities before the massclaim, not much else of note. I asked him to vig me tomorrow, he hasn't reacted.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:10 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 2380, Aureal wrote: Really, please just stop fucking agreeing with every obvious lie Bingle comes up with. I've given multiple suggestions for what to do at this point and the only thing I'm adamant needs to happen is KKFC opening a second neighborhood, and suggested it be with PEOPLE WHO SHOULD NOT BE RECRUITED TO AMWAY RIGHT NOW which would leave KKFC with no power yet today. Nor have I ever "crusaded hard" for any particular configuration- what I have done is ASK PEOPLE FOR INPUT ON IT only to get nothing but vile slander.
IDK, I do remember you saying something about how we should listen to you because you want to have SEVEN FUCKING VIGS. Or something of this manner.

Also, do you realize that it sounds weird that "you just want him to open the neighborhood and you will explain after"?
Like I don't think you are necessarily scum but you keep saying weird things like that and it is weird. I'd expect you to at least say something like "There's actually another hidden part of my role which I feel it is imperative is not known to scum, but it involves KKFC neighborizing you" or something.
But you haven't said that so yeah it does feel weird (about the same level of weird as my "Ranger should I fake claim" probably, because that was actually fucking weird of me)
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:11 am

Post by DkKoba »

all aureal cares about is a) survival b) getting people to use her ability

yall fucking blind
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:11 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 2382, Aureal wrote:
In post 2381, ofrhz wrote:
@Aureal

Yes, yes, and very little. AniX and I exchanged a couple points on our suspicion of DE and a bit about our abilities before the massclaim, not much else of note. I asked him to vig me tomorrow, he hasn't reacted.
Why would you want AniX to vig you?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:12 am

Post by DkKoba »

im not losing to another stupid "trust me !! " role that is designed to win the game off townies being like "ooh mech shiny"
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:12 am

Post by ofrhz »

In post 2377, DkKoba wrote: why is cook mafia other than the circular confbias i have seen going on

i was an original cook scumreader who had actual reasons and those reasons dont really apply anymore so lets hear it
Early on she was asking dumb questions and making reads that didn't seem real

Then inability to explain Drew townread and I don't think she ever towned it up
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:13 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 2384, DkKoba wrote: all aureal cares about is a) survival b) getting people to use her ability

yall fucking blind
Not blind but I have a gutfeeling on town!Aureal and I will definitely vote her tomorrow if Cook flips any color other than
MAFIA
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:14 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 2377, DkKoba wrote: why is cook mafia other than the circular confbias i have seen going on

Here:
In post 2290, DragonEater70 wrote: Cook ISO!
Let me preface by saying I looked for and couldn't find and scum!Cook game in the last 2 years. But then I also suck at looking for people's games in general.
I did however look at two of their town games and honestly I got the impression that they have the type of personality I tend to scumread regardless of alignment, so I will try to balance against that when judging their ISO here.

Spoiler: quote wall 1
In post 77, Cook wrote:
In post 72, Alisae wrote: don't ever let me catch you asking for a tl;dr in a mafia game again
you know what? i'm gonna start asking for tl;dr's even harder
In post 84, Cook wrote: i just won a competition that anix set of course i'm anix's buddy
In post 151, Cook wrote: also those are some interesting questions from skygazer

i'm thinking their role intersects on some of those fronts

actually it kinda sounds like a role i made a long time ago – the cult classic film director, who would flip a hood into a cult after a couple days

cult ≠ votestealing but y'know
In post 152, Cook wrote: hang on is votestealing +town or +scum as an ability
In post 272, Cook wrote: i don’t think the listmods have THAT much malice in their hearts to force annoying post restrictions on people

Honestly these suck, they are very NAI and I don't like when a person comes in the game with a whole lot of NAI content and no scumhunting. -town.
In post 327, Cook wrote: std koba buddying? might have to modify my viewpoint
In post 329, Cook wrote: dragoneater scum?
In post 355, Cook wrote: std anix distancing?

These three feel very random and have also felt random in real time (IIRC). +scum.
In post 408, Cook wrote: off the top of my head, here’s people i think have been making an impact and in what order

Koba
AniX
Alisae
Fenrir
DragonEater
Bingle
Ranger
Theta
CamelCasedSnivy
Ircher
KKFC

if i am missing your name you haven’t posted recently or i straight up forgot you existed

On reread I realized that this is not even a readlist but a ranking of players based on how much "impact" they did. What even is the purpose of this? slightly +scum
In post 683, Cook wrote: drew wagon is… a choice? little concerned on how fast it came together. scum lubricated the wheels no doubt

oh well, i will participate
VOTE: Doctor Drew

I really want to know why you are sure scum lubricated the wheels, but more importantly why you voted there anyway.
In post 716, Cook wrote: cannot decide if drewposting is +town or -town

i think +town

drew can be town
In post 722, Cook wrote: i’m bored of this wagon

UNVOTE: drew

This is a weird sequence of posts (there's also 2 unrelated posts in the middle) and doesn't feel natural to me.

Spoiler: HUGE WALLPOST by Cook
In post 1029, Cook wrote: first off. fuck internet. i lost my entire scumcase. i blame zor.

theta has not produced content outside of the context of her role, which she seems to be alluding a lot to despite by her admission it being unable to clear anyone or be generally positive utility
In post 208, Theta Alpine wrote: i should also mention that no
my role does not let me use an ability as a cop based on if people claim something happened to them or not
nor do i directly get information from using the ability either to use the ability as a cop

i have the desperate modifier though is what i will say
just on an ability where it just
is very much negative utility to be desperate
i can think of one use case where it is positive utility to be desperate with this ability and that use case is preserved if i get turned into a miller so
i mean other then being able to use the power on ranger but honestly being able to beneficially use this ability on more then one person would be nice
why do you care about being a miller. what sort of disloyal dayvig power do you get. i don’t know why we’re letting her get away with coasting like this.
In post 279, Theta Alpine wrote: there are no rules on any mechanic not existing except for any factions beyond town and mafia
post restrictions are thus possible
however if we assume each of the listmods went with a theme and only one of them did post restrictions
that is still only a max of four post restriction roles if all of them got picked which is not a massive amount

and then there is me with effectively vanilla town unless i get turned into a miller somehow
like really
even if i am somehow recruited by scum my ability continues to not really be useful for my wincon in that event
so i do think there are a few negative utility roles out there probably
again, here’s theta not offering anything. multiple people have softed negative utility. here you are making a loose claim because you saw an opportunity to get free cred by claiming neg utility role.
In post 282, Theta Alpine wrote: there is a role besides something giving me miller that would also make my ability very interesting and useful actually
but i will have to wait and see if that role exists
In post 290, Theta Alpine wrote: oh

i thought of a second role that would make my ability useful
hmm
theta, again, not producing content, commenting about her role. this does not advance gamestate. unless she’s got like something that’s gonna kill scum and she claims it i’m gonna push for a theta kill.
In post 337, Theta Alpine wrote: it is true that we are in a nonreviewed game

we can consider a massclaim day 1 as there is a potential for a gamebreaking strategy for town

my role would not be part of it but

i think i would advocate for a mass softclaim right now and if we feel like we might have the potential to break the game from that then we can continue into a full claim

i will state again that i do not believe my ability would contribute to a gamebreaking combination though
it is more of insurance at best assuming i could actually use it on town
ranger pocket much? “ooh look here’s someone posting like strong town lemme get behind her and hope nobody figures out” hmm.
In post 384, Theta Alpine wrote:
In post 377, DkKoba wrote:
In post 375, Aureal wrote: Hey if we're considering mass claiming, how about mass claiming the color of our role PM? :mrgreen:
I do not think it's ethical to openly talk about mod communication.
directly quoting is a no-no

talking about formatting i think is fine especially in a game like this where it might actually be useful and should also be expected i think to be variable within a single alignment and thus not usable as a direct alignment check
but it does indicate something else
admittedly this is also probably the center of a towncase for theta but. that’s boring. i think theta knows about more role pms than her own and that’s where this is coming from. or on the townside it’s actually trying to be helpful. i think you know what my stance is.
In post 1019, Theta Alpine wrote: wait do i have distinct town and scum metas as theta
cause that would be news to me

on the one hand i do agree this seems like scum drew
then again anix and std doing their spat might have been keeping people from getting engaged
lukewarm take and a left field take respectively. the town does not generally seem to like drew. theta wants to do townie things to get townread. easy take.

i think std-anix is t/t. nothing has spoken to me otherwise. i think this is trying to point to a different pair to save scumbuddies tbh
In post 1022, Theta Alpine wrote: just bringing up a point

honestly i am fine being limmed given my role is not exactly useful without external factors coming into play

and even then its usefulness is somewhat limited i think
this is something i just straight up don’t like. it’s scummy to just give up and say “yeah whatever lim me it’s okay :pleading_face:”. i used to be a victim of this impression that i shouldn’t care about getting limmed if i’m “really” town. the opposite is true. if you are town,
do not lie down.
fight fight fight. scum sense your weakness and are pushing for your mislim. it’s a free kill for them and they get a turn to aim the cannon right afterwards.

so yeah. theta has contributed nothing and pretends to have content by referring to a role that she admits has low utility.

IDK why I don't like this post, I guess I just feel it's so boring to read. I really don't know if it's AI though but it does stand out to me as like, a huge post where it feels like words for the sake of words almost.
In post 1261, Cook wrote: VOTE: Ranger cause theta just isn't worth limming claimwise

Is a weird vote.
In post 1262, Cook wrote: im also just bored of wagoning theta lmao

Could be townie, but doesn't explain the switch to Ranger.
In post 1264, Cook wrote: VOTE: dkkoba

omgus
In post 1265, Cook wrote:UNVOTE:

Is bad.
In post 1558, Cook wrote: holy shit bingle's eyes are glowing

Is NAI I think?
In post 1567, Cook wrote: VOTE: Political Clout

retract what i said about the townread

Is horrible and opportunistic in the context of just having townread PC and then retracting the townclaim when they saw 3-4 other people rapidly voting PC because PC refused to claim. PC is fucking locktown dude. You don't retract townreads on a locktown because of their refusal to claim.
In post 1786, Cook wrote: VOTE: dragoneater

Is again an unexplained, bandwagony, opportunistic, bad vote.
In post 2102, Cook wrote: hey uh

just realized and i have no basis for this idea being of any merit or not

there were
no
guarantees on any mechanic or anything existing or not aside from 4:13 alignment ratio
In post 2103, Cook wrote: our role pm's could be straight up lies

These two posts could easily come from a town mindset. But I don't think it's impossible to fake either. And also indicates that Cook was basically not scumhunting at this point but rather thinking about mech. Which is not necessarily AI, but like, we were trying to get away from mech and back into scumhunting, right?
In post 2283, Cook wrote: i’m convinced amway is a mafia recruitment power and you’re all theatering with each other
Again a post that could easily come from a legitemately uninformed mindset but could also be faked.

Overall I feel the scumminess much outweighs the towniness and my own bias. Also I'm willing to ignore my own bias because town leader (Ranger) also scumreads Cook and I trust her to be less biased on Cook's personality (though IDK if this trust is justified)

With that, I think I am ready to vote Cook, because as much as I still think Ircher is the most obvious scumplayer here, I don't see any appetite for an Ircher vote.

I will vote Cook in a few hours because after I have a nice stroll outside and a shower, because these ISOs are really long to make and I seriously need to take some time off to relax.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:14 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2388, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 2384, DkKoba wrote: all aureal cares about is a) survival b) getting people to use her ability

yall fucking blind
Not blind but I have a gutfeeling on town!Aureal and I will definitely vote her tomorrow if Cook flips any color other than
MAFIA
or we can NOT vote cook ?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:15 am

Post by DkKoba »

ya and is aureal town that cook attacking aureal is like scummy
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:15 am

Post by DkKoba »

like i share the exact same stance that aureal's role is like transparently being used in a super pockety way
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:15 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 2386, DkKoba wrote: im not losing to another stupid "trust me !! " role that is designed to win the game off townies being like "ooh mech shiny"
Look you might be right but do you think scum!Aureal is this bad at the game?
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:18 am

Post by ofrhz »

I think Aureal is reacting the way townies do when they think they are being shitpushed. Hard for me to explain beyond that but I don't feel it

What about Doctor Drew and Random Nurse? Can we lim either of those
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:19 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 2390, DkKoba wrote:
In post 2388, DragonEater70 wrote:

yall fucking blind
MAFIA
or we can NOT vote cook ?

But Cook is scummyyyy
In post 2391, DkKoba wrote: ya and is aureal town that cook attacking aureal is like scummy
Who said anything about Cook Attacking Aureal?
In post 2392, DkKoba wrote: like i share the exact same stance that aureal's role is like transparently being used in a super pockety way

yeah honestly idk I feel this game needs a flip and I'm also willing to flip Aureal but Cook is like as bad and Ranger is unmovably on Cook and I'm not known to be able to lead town, unlike Ranger, so I just sheep.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:21 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 2394, ofrhz wrote:
I think Aureal is reacting the way townies do when they think they are being shitpushed. Hard for me to explain beyond that but I don't feel it

What about Doctor Drew and Random Nurse? Can we lim either of those
exactly, like she's extremely and consistently scummy but her reaction to the push isn't coming from scum IMO

Please scumcase Random Nurse because I have them as locktown. And also scumcase Drew because I forgot about the slot tbh
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:22 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

BTW I probably sound flip-floppy as fuck about Aureal but it's because she's like just so damn annoying to sort. Like one second she sounds like frustrated town and then she pulls this "I will explain later so please do this thing that sounds really anti-town".
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:23 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

I don't think she's a Day 1 lim
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:23 am

Post by ofrhz »

Why is Random Nurse locktown...

He is so outside of his town meta in terms of insufficient contribution that he is basically in 'duh scum' territory for me right now

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”