WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:59 am

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 317, jjh927 wrote: Caught up.

Gonna continue to vote wheme for now. My holiday was great- I went to go hang with like ~20 friends and play board games for a week.

I would like Osuka to elaborate on her Dusa vote.

The Drew wagon has some interest to me but I won't go into detail on why yet
This sounds sick actually

There’s a place in Missouri called gamers ranch that my friend group was thinkkkn about planning a trip to do a similar thing board games be fun
Im a dog that quacks
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:59 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 574, RCEnigma wrote: First feeling? Probably scum.
That is a weird feeling :lol:
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:05 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 175, Sail wrote: I really like how Dannflor tried to sort ina in , and then his progression to . had an underlying thought process which I don’t think scum would bother to fake this early. In I can’t think of any scum motivation for Dannflor to try and drop the conversation, other than mech of course.
This, pretty much. I just don’t land that it’s outside of danns scum range. Because yes it doesn’t really matter for scum to make this progression this early but it is a good way to get a hold of a pocket. Or be that tiny tipping point if someone is considering you over another slot later in the game. If that makes sense. I say that because I do things like this as scum that shouldn’t benefit scum but do in a broader sense.
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:08 am

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 429, Dusa wrote: VOTE: Ranger

I don't like how simple Aristeia's thoughts about Andresvmb are! Daughters of Aphrodite know so much detail about emotions they could share..
I feel that way about lots of Aristeia fears..
But!
I'm worried I won't learn enough from voting her!

I could learn more from voting Ranger!

Between ina marija's thought and osuka's thoughts I like the reasons to vote Ranger! The shoulders of giants..
What do you learn from voting ranger
Im a dog that quacks
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:17 am

Post by WhemeStar »

Ok I’m caught up

Thoughts thoughts thoughts

-surprised I’m not on bottom of rangers readslists what’s going on Ranger
-initially townread 1 of jjh’s posts but don’t really like their pressuring on ari
-I thought osukas catchup was rly towny idk how ppl are scumreading it
-dusas ari/ranger vote was weird and I’m still thinking to myself if scum places those votes like that cause it seems like such an obvious ping
Im a dog that quacks
Dusa
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:49 am

Post by Dusa »

In post 578, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 429, Dusa wrote: VOTE: Ranger

I don't like how simple Aristeia's thoughts about Andresvmb are! Daughters of Aphrodite know so much detail about emotions they could share..
I feel that way about lots of Aristeia fears..
But!
I'm worried I won't learn enough from voting her!

I could learn more from voting Ranger!

Between ina marija's thought and osuka's thoughts I like the reasons to vote Ranger! The shoulders of giants..
What do you learn from voting ranger
I might discover new Ranger dialogue from her higher heat levels!

Aristeia talks like a bland child of the Professor and may continue to at low heat levels !
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:53 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 233, BlueSnakelet wrote:

DPC
Datisi's psychology club

PROJECT STUDY HALL 1.0

1. Introduction

TPR points are obtained by not-studying, which also causes the
Professors' Pets
to gain SPR points. The
Project Study Hall
aims to give the
Club
enough TPR points to defeat the
Professors' Pets
, while minimizing the amount of SPR points they'll get in return.

2. The effects of not-studying

The amount of SPR points generated is proportional to the amount TPR points obtained that Week, but this "proportion" does not stay the same throughout the game. It is calculated using the arithmetic average of the TPR points obtained all living
Club Members
. This means that TPR points start cheap and get more expansive as
Club Members
drop out.

At the start, there are
14 Club Members
. This means that for every 14 TPR points we get, the
Professors' Pets
get 1 SPR point. We would need to collectively obtain 700 TPR points for the
Professors' Pets
to get the 50 SPR points required for one extra kill. While scary, a single extra kill isn't enough for them to win the game. 700 TPR points, however, is enough for us to win the game.

If we drop to
7 Club Members
, then the
Professors' Pets
will get one SPR point for every 7 TPR we get. This means the "price" of TPR points doubled up since Week 1, and the
Professors' Pets
will get 50 SPR points for just 350 TPR points, which is a better deal for them.

And here lies the primary directive of
Project Study Hall
: For every TPR point you plan to spend this game, the best time to get it is
as soon as physically possible
. Any amount of studying one Week followed by any amount of not-studying the following Week will result in more SPR being created than if you had simply not-studied the previous Week.

3. Study groups

As nice it is to get a great deal for our TPR points, we should be careful not to buy too much of it. That's why I've devised three study groups that
Club Members
will choose depending on their role. I don't know what role you have (and you shouldn't tell me), so you just have to read your Role PM and follow your heart.

Group 1:
This is the group for vanillas and weak PRs that don't directly aid in defeating the
Professors' Pets
. Roles like Neighborizer or Messenger are really cool, but probably not worth the points. I'd argue that Vigilante fits here too, since they're probably expensive and not preferable over Weekly dismissal. People in this group will not gain or spend any TPR points, and will study 100% of the time every Week. Ideally, half of all
Club Members
(including vanillas) should be in this group.

Group 2:
This is the default group for most PRs. Roles that can stop the Weekend expulsion like protectors and blockers fit here. Weaker investigators such as Traffic Annalist fits here too. People in this group will get and spend no more than 100 TPR points each, and will do all their not-studying in Week 1. Ideally, most of people not in
Group 1
should be in this group.

Group 3:
This is the group for the most powerful of roles, such as the standard Cop. People in this group will get and spend no more than 200 TPR each. They'll study 0% of the time during Week 1, and will do all of their remaining not-studying during Week 2. Judging from the Datisi's Café roster, only one person should be in this group.

Group 4:
This is the group for expensive, game-ending roles. People in this group will study 0% of the time until they've gathered as many TPR points as necessary, and then will study the rest of the game. Unless Datisi has gone mad, this group should be empty.

4. Expected results

If I'm right about how many people will end up in each group, then the
Professors' Pets
will get a little more than 50 SPR points
for the entire game
. This will severely stunt their power while leaving the
Club Members
with enough to make quite the splash.
So I don’t know what tpr requirements are for different roles but would it not make sense to max tpr for all the roles that can use it now and not later.

So for example some X shot role that uses like…50 tpr per week. 2 shots from day 1 and they can study 100% going forward till needed.

Or a role that needs 150 max what they can get for that week and then whenever they need the other 50, but prob day 2.

Which I guess is what you’re proposing on the higher end but i also have done 0 math so I think it makes sense for the lower end to max the value they can get early vs the cost of trying to squeeze out tpr later.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:06 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 302, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 301, Sail wrote:
In post 230, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 223, Sail wrote:
In post 125, furtiveglance wrote: Dusa, can you explain what the demigod stuff means? I think it's the only thing I don't understand in the thread so far.
furtive, how would you say that you approach the early game as town?
I post at random intervals or if I have a thought about something, or if someone asks me something. I don't usually vote until I see something particularly egregious.
But you haven't really expressed many reads at this point. It seems like all you're doing is asking clarifying questions. What are you conclusions based on those clarifying questions?
Your questioning of Furt seems so hollow, it is like you already made your mind up about him and no matter what he says.....it's the wrong answer.
I think asking furtive what conclusions he’s drawn from his questions so far is…..extremely reasonable of Sail.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:24 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 471, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 469, Sail wrote:
In post 388, Fire Assassin wrote:
In post 301, Sail wrote:
In post 230, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 223, Sail wrote:
In post 125, furtiveglance wrote: Dusa, can you explain what the demigod stuff means? I think it's the only thing I don't understand in the thread so far.
furtive, how would you say that you approach the early game as town?
I post at random intervals or if I have a thought about something, or if someone asks me something. I don't usually vote until I see something particularly egregious.
But you haven't really expressed many reads at this point. It seems like all you're doing is asking clarifying questions. What are you conclusions based on those clarifying questions?
Something about this post just irks me.
The way the question is asked, perhaps?
It seems like someone who knows Furtive is townie but trying to just get the feeling of stances to better idea of where furtive is.
The question i have to that theory is why scum Sail would want to know that instead of just doing pushing on them, this could be a queing it up but it also doesn't feel like it.

Maybe its just genuine question? I am very fence sitting this now.
Ill take another look at Sail posts.
Nope, you're almost exactly right! I skimmed through furtive's past few town and scumgames and his play in this game is completely different than his past few scumgames, but it's also not exactly aligned with his towngames. I got the vibes that furtive is a disengaged townie who's trying to get his bearings HOWEVER I was not
totally sure
about that, so I wanted to ask him a few questions to see where he is.
I know this wasn't directed at me, but obviously I did have concerns with the way you were approaching Further. But this response by you does make a bit more sense, and I get it if you have never played with him before

Fun fact, I always would scum read him, yet he was always town. Then once I let my guard down a bit, boom.....he is scum. At least the next game I helped with his mis elim, made me feel like the ship was righted lol(i was scum that game).

Love ya Furt haha
Maybe you haven't gotten to the post, RC, but I recanted a bit after they explained how they were going about things a bit.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:09 am

Post by Datisi »

replacing Deltabreedy.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:40 am

Post by Dannflor »

Why do you have Titus as town, RCE?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:48 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 570, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 562, Dannflor wrote: A lot of osuka’s posts seem to be in that mode of “let me commentate or say what my reaction was” which is like the easiest form of content to make

now this could be because osuka hasn’t had enough time yet to get caught up and fully invested in the game yet, but i still feel like osuka would tend more towards direct engagement rather than the distant though stream mode as town

The thought stream mode seems LAMIST in itself if that makes sense
the (admittedly weak) thing that struck me as townie in osuka's posts was the to progression - it's not impossible to fake as scum but I think it's less likely for scum players to do that kind of reversal (case + vote, realize later posts resolve something you didn't like, unvote) because it just comes across sloppy. I can imagine it if scum!osuka is just trying to play how he thinks he would as town, but usually I give that stuff some amount of towncred, kinda similar to Dusa's double post towntell she mentioned earlier. When I play scum I try to be mostly caught up before I do anything and that makes me more likely to stick to planned trajectories rather than make a show of vote+case, unvote

idk I want more from osuka, wouldn't really strongly object to a wagon as it stands, just wanted to share this take. and furtive's overall push+reasoning feels genuine to me so that's good
GL, that progression is like, kinda part of the broader problem I have with that slot

I think that type of progression is like, very very easy to make as scum when you are in Catch Up Mode™. the case in has like no risk attached to posting it because it's about something that happened a long time ago (relatively). Like there's a good chance it's no longer relevant, and it's much easier to make towny looking content when you are just observing as you go because you don't have to worry about the risk as much

osuka did the same thing with Dusa in . It's just making an observation, then going "never mind" when you see something more relevant (or even going never never mind like osuka does in . it feels like the illusion of content to me because none of the takes actually have any stake in what is going on in the game right now

I think it would strike me as more towny if it happened in a more real time interaction I think, or if osuka left the thread and then came back to something that changed his mind - rather then it just being "reactions" as he continues to read new pages

I've just seen a lot of scum coast on that type of content for a long time because it's really easy to look like you're having towny read progressions while you are in that mode, and so far I haven't seen anything from osuka that breaks into a town tell
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:52 am

Post by Datisi »

NorwegianboyEE replaces Deltabreedy.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:53 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Hellow~
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:03 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Greetings
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:11 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Dunn obvtown
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:14 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 120, Titus wrote:
In post 118, Dusa wrote:
In post 117, Titus wrote:
In post 97, Aristeia wrote: I thought your reaction was fine Dann and probably a little townie, if we want to talk mech we will just ignore you :)
I'm not okay with ignoring someone and I don't like that you appear to be.
This is somewhat similar to my thought! Not that I think I'm as smart as Titus..
Must resist flattery must resist flattery

That's a nice ctuthlu keychain

On a more serious note, there are different types of smart. I hope I can make a townblock with all kinds. I want you to be town so I can have your EQ and charm.
I do admit Dusa seems pretty charming.

- Bunno
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:15 am

Post by Dannflor »

@Drew, can you like, please, engage with the game a little bit?

I feel like you are trying to respond to the wagon in a towny way by uh, ignoring it

but if you are town this response of doing nothing is like, not helping anyone. do you really have no thoughts about anyone who has joined the wagon on you? how are you expecting people to figure you out?

it just feels like you are determined to act unbothered by the pressure but I feel like town!you would at least be moved by it, a little? am i wrong?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:24 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 229, Fire Assassin wrote:
In post 182, GuiltyLion wrote: I also want Dusa to be town, but stating that you need to resist flattery while also complimenting Dusa yourself makes the post feel like an act
Act, yes. Scummy? Not sure.
if I was psychoanalyzing Titus posts, I don't think scum are actually trying to buddy in this fashion this early and its obviously more a joke/style not serious post.

Also on your comment on dusa, I don't agree pointing out the obvious of Dusa performing was townie since i didn't even explain if it was scummy or townie behavior. I am waiting to see if i think dusa is using as a shield or just styling of making reads.

I do have a belief that if dusa is town, there is a high chance scum will want to focus or will make votes there early and fos. If you see a player doing a performance its easier to craft arguments of them being fake/hiding/etc because the arguments write themselves.

I probably will put whoever votes dusa on a watch list for later.
Aren’t you ruining the whole point of using Dusa as an scum magnet when you openly admit you will be susding whoever votes them?

- Bunno
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:31 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 571, Dannflor wrote: Ari do you think jjh is scum?
I think the way he approached me was pretty agenda'd. I think he had a destination and basically tried to get there, it didn't feel like he was actually curious. the framing of the questions just feels very weird to me like he was trying to get some kind of gotcha or make me look bad. The conclusions he reaches are kind of level 0 thought that dont really make sense with his level of confidence.

I understand I am a pretty biased person and I don't really trust myself to read people who tilt me.

I think if drew were to flip mafia it would make sense as a way of defending his slot and creating a counterwagon.

I dont really know if drew will actually flip mafia or if we even want to flip drew here. the day is still pretty early and more than half the pl is stuck vanity voting or not voting so its p shrug to me.

I dont think interacting with jjh further is going to make my read on him any better.
You are always gonna be my love
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:32 am

Post by Aristeia »

Hi Norwee nice to see you again. hope we are on the same side this time :)
You are always gonna be my love
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:35 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 296, Titus wrote: I would put everyone on a gut versus strategy scale in my opinion (note: not objective fact) but I feel that would benefit scum and tip off precisely how I read people in the absence of votes.
I’m guessing you would have me on gut.

- Bunno
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:44 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 592, Dannflor wrote: @Drew, can you like, please, engage with the game a little bit?

I feel like you are trying to respond to the wagon in a towny way by uh, ignoring it

but if you are town this response of doing nothing is like, not helping anyone. do you really have no thoughts about anyone who has joined the wagon on you? how are you expecting people to figure you out?

it just feels like you are determined to act unbothered by the pressure but I feel like town!you would at least be moved by it, a little? am i wrong?
Well truth be told, I am unbothered by the wagon on me.

I also just came off if house sitting and didn't have my laptop so tougher to follow along(and as I said earlier, was back at work today). I do plan on engaging more the next couple days(possibly tonight) as I will be well rested and free.

And if I am being fully honest, and I don't like to bring it up because self meta is whatevs, but pretty much the people I have experience with and know how I am/can be are not on the wagon. People who don't have, or have little, experience with me tend to initially scum read my play/play style. So I feel if those on my wagon are of a town mindset, they will come around. I am really not hard to read(I don't think at least lol).

Also, howdy Norwee.

And happy Sunday GulityLion
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:47 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 585, Dannflor wrote: Why do you have Titus as town, RCE?
Pushing against Mech when Mech is her wheelhouse comes across townie to me. A time and a place type deal.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:53 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 445, Aristeia wrote: the way i think about it is

I think Andres, GL and Dannflor are all pretty good at finding mafia(sorry fire assassin i havent really played with you much)

they all seem somewhat townie in different ways.

I dont see why i shouldnt help them if they all think drew is mafia?

its a large theme and wagons and action is how you solve the game. scum have a lot of room to stall/ignore wagons because it takes so many votes to yeet someone so it makes sense to build wagons quickly and get results quickly.
I do agree that large games require a different mindset.
The fact that there are 4 scum creating noise in the natural solving process is also a game-changer.

So pretty townie post.

- Bunno

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”