ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2852 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:56 am

Post by ofrhz »

In post 2836, Aureal wrote: I feel like there's a lot of scum motivation in trying to end the day before even deciding what to do with Theta. Though she's not moved on to even try recruiting anyone else since Skygazer clearly isn't taking it, so maybe she doesn't intend to?

Oh, also I noticed that the roleblock/recruit also opens a neighborhood if not on an Amway consultant, so if I do end up with that ability it's confirmable that I didn't target Theta to block her Desperate neighborize.

And before you yell at me about not mentioning that before, remember two other people now have the exact same ability list in their possession and haven't felt any need to try to do a detailed paraphrase to make sure all details have been made public either. ._.
Can you do this summary and include which actions have been taken by whom and used on whom?
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2853 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:58 am

Post by ofrhz »

UNVOTE:
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2854 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:59 am

Post by Aureal »

Theta claims she has a Desperate modifier, which means her actions will fail on targets who would investigate the same alignment as her. Therefore, her having an action that she gets feedback on success/failure of, such as creating a neighborhood, essentially makes her a cop as long as her action isn't interfered with. If she uses a neighborhood on someone who'd show as same alignment, she gets no neighborhood. If she uses a neighborhood on someone who'd show as another alignment, she gets a neighborhood.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2855 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:03 am

Post by ofrhz »

Thetas desperate modifier applies to Amway abilities but not the recruitment aspect

Wasn't a message one of the Amway abilities? Has that been used yet

How many recruits to a hood? I can't find it in your iso
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2856 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:04 am

Post by Cook »

yknow it’s awfully convenient that the recruitment doesn’t get affected by the desperate…
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
"If Mafia game not filling, you have not enough hostages" — Enchant //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2857 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:05 am

Post by ofrhz »

Does anyone else have a modifier that we can use to confirm that modifiers carry over to Amway abilities?
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2858 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:07 am

Post by ofrhz »

Also is it obvious to everyone else that klick is scum yet
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2859 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:07 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

In post 2856, Cook wrote: yknow it’s awfully convenient that the recruitment doesn’t get affected by the desperate…
the recruit is triggered by phrases and responses
not by targeting a player specifically
targeting modifiers will not effect it
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2860 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:12 am

Post by ofrhz »

Ok you need 3 recruits to do a neighborhood. I'm going to assume this is 1shot unless you tell me otherwise

I remember aureal said there was a downside to recruiting scum yes? They can just go off and recruit their own without us knowing. So we need to find 3 townies to recruit with abilities that are equal to or weaker than amway to do a single cop check

Seems kind of not worth to me but I don't remember all the claims anymore
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2861 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:16 am

Post by Cook »

In post 2859, Theta Alpine wrote:
In post 2856, Cook wrote: yknow it’s awfully convenient that the recruitment doesn’t get affected by the desperate…
the recruit is triggered by phrases and responses
not by targeting a player specifically
targeting modifiers will not effect it
okay that makes more sense
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
"If Mafia game not filling, you have not enough hostages" — Enchant //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2862 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:17 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 2858, ofrhz wrote: Also is it obvious to everyone else that klick is scum yet
Yes!!!
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2863 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:19 am

Post by ofrhz »

In post 1969, Bingle wrote: Right, so individual roles:

STD is net 0 utility.
Ircher is net 0 utility.
SkyG has an irrelevant ability.
Found the list, I see we're trying to do ircher and skygazer but they haven't accepted (?). And maybe we also need to do save the dragons?

Tbh theta's lack of urgency doesn't inspire confidence in her or this amorphous plan but whatever I can keep prodging this game ig
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2864 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:33 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 2819, Meuh wrote:
In post 2815, Cook wrote:
In post 2813, DkKoba wrote: VOTE: meuh
ok I think I have enough to say to flash wagon this

think I got meuhs number
is this based off of meuh or based off of the slot
Cook pls self-hammer to save me :heart_eyes_cat:
This is really funny. Also how do you use this emoji?
In post 2809, Meuh wrote:
In post 2749, DragonEater70 wrote: 2. I get that you can't read everything, but out of the things you read, what made you scumread RN in particular?
I'm comparing RN here to RN in the game I've played with him that just ended (viewtopic.php?sid=&f=83&t=91199&user_select%5B%5D=37068)
RN is a LOT more self-assured there, and holds stronger beliefs. Now this may be partially an activity thing (he seems to have been busier during this game than in the one I'm referencing, so he'd have less of a grasp on the game) but I don't think it justifies a gap this big. The only thing he takes a strong stance on and shows confidence in is activity not being indicative of alignment, which is always a really easy point to make and specifically serves the purpose of defending himself here. The idea that the game doesn't "start" for him until day 2 and he has a hard time engaging on day 1 doesn't line up with him extensively engaging on day 1 in that other game. The fact he leans on this as extra justification (rather than just being busy) reeks in my eyes. He also just has out there takes and isn't afraid to push them in that game. He did a bunch of work to put pressure on the most widely townread player there, entered conflict a bunch (in a way a lot less passive than here, the only time he gets aggressive at all is when saying that activity is NAI)
A lot of RN's commentary in this game also seems to be NAI beliefs that he holds more broadly. The aforementioned "activity is NAI", his thoughts on massclaiming, points like these:
In post 637, Random Nurse wrote: I don't think I agree with "this trait Town, this trait Scum." Game's more complex than that.
Also, I touched on this already but it feels like his posting is made with the purpose of appealing to others. This isn't always scum indicative (I do it as town sometimes when I wanna get read accurately) but I think for RN it is. In the other game, even under pressure, his posts were never made with the intent to make himself just look good. In the other game he's having independent ideas brought to the table and his posting is with the motivation for himself to solve the game and push his ideas forward. Here he just gets through the chore of making some very inoffensive comments on some posts and moves on from there. He's not posting for himself, and that probably just makes him scum.
I checked out that game and I wanna say the difference in his style is that he actually PLAYED that game, but has not really played this one. But then I realized that it's totally possible that he hasn't played this one because he doesn't like playing scum.
So you got a point.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2865 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:33 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 2824, Cook wrote:
In post 2823, camelCasedSnivy wrote: what will i have to put up with tommorow?
  • more amway stuff (which you seem to dislike)
  • fewer active players (lim + mafia kill add up)
  • living without me :pensive: if i die
  • ranger’s fakeclaim
  • the actual apocalypse (heat wave with no AC)
all of this happens if you hammer
Oh no
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2866 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:34 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Should I unvote? Genuine question
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2867 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:34 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

UNVOTE:
Just cause am in a hurry and haven't read last 2 pages
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2868 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:41 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

scum that are recruited can then leave to become immune to the amway abilities
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2869 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:42 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 2864, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 2819, Meuh wrote:
In post 2815, Cook wrote:
In post 2813, DkKoba wrote: VOTE: meuh
ok I think I have enough to say to flash wagon this

think I got meuhs number
is this based off of meuh or based off of the slot
Cook pls self-hammer to save me :heart_eyes_cat:
This is really funny. Also how do you use this emoji?
In post 2809, Meuh wrote:
In post 2749, DragonEater70 wrote: 2. I get that you can't read everything, but out of the things you read, what made you scumread RN in particular?
I'm comparing RN here to RN in the game I've played with him that just ended (viewtopic.php?sid=&f=83&t=91199&user_select%5B%5D=37068)
RN is a LOT more self-assured there, and holds stronger beliefs. Now this may be partially an activity thing (he seems to have been busier during this game than in the one I'm referencing, so he'd have less of a grasp on the game) but I don't think it justifies a gap this big. The only thing he takes a strong stance on and shows confidence in is activity not being indicative of alignment, which is always a really easy point to make and specifically serves the purpose of defending himself here. The idea that the game doesn't "start" for him until day 2 and he has a hard time engaging on day 1 doesn't line up with him extensively engaging on day 1 in that other game. The fact he leans on this as extra justification (rather than just being busy) reeks in my eyes. He also just has out there takes and isn't afraid to push them in that game. He did a bunch of work to put pressure on the most widely townread player there, entered conflict a bunch (in a way a lot less passive than here, the only time he gets aggressive at all is when saying that activity is NAI)
A lot of RN's commentary in this game also seems to be NAI beliefs that he holds more broadly. The aforementioned "activity is NAI", his thoughts on massclaiming, points like these:
In post 637, Random Nurse wrote: I don't think I agree with "this trait Town, this trait Scum." Game's more complex than that.
Also, I touched on this already but it feels like his posting is made with the purpose of appealing to others. This isn't always scum indicative (I do it as town sometimes when I wanna get read accurately) but I think for RN it is. In the other game, even under pressure, his posts were never made with the intent to make himself just look good. In the other game he's having independent ideas brought to the table and his posting is with the motivation for himself to solve the game and push his ideas forward. Here he just gets through the chore of making some very inoffensive comments on some posts and moves on from there. He's not posting for himself, and that probably just makes him scum.
I checked out that game and I wanna say the difference in his style is that he actually PLAYED that game, but has not really played this one. But then I realized that it's totally possible that he hasn't played this one because he doesn't like playing scum.
So you got a point.
Emoji codes got added in the site update, I think the codes are compiled here: viewtopic.php?t=90442
I have "heart_eyes_cat" :heart_eyes_cat: by heart though cause it's my favourite :sunglasses: :smirk: :flag_ca:
A good few of them are the same as they are on Discord so if you're familiar with emojis there, you can use some of those

I do agree that RN actually playing does make a difference, but also think there's scumminess to his posting beyond just a disconnect with the game (like the posting feeling like it's made to appeal to others rather than help himself solve)
VOTE: Klick I'll park back here for now
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #2870 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:08 am

Post by Skygazer »

oh yeah im fine w being recruited i suppose
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2871 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:35 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 2868, Theta Alpine wrote: scum that are recruited can then leave to become immune to the amway abilities
There’s the public loss of vote that prevents that to some degree. I’d prefer exactly 3 theta recruits atp, so we can test whether I show as having been recruited for the roleblock. Theta can neighborize anyone who doesn’t have a neighborhood with theta, so exactly one more recruitment neighborhood with theta should form and no more to maximize the size of the invest pool.

Lunch ended, back later.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #2872 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:10 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 2860, ofrhz wrote: Ok you need 3 recruits to do a neighborhood. I'm going to assume this is 1shot unless you tell me otherwise

I remember aureal said there was a downside to recruiting scum yes? They can just go off and recruit their own without us knowing. So we need to find 3 townies to recruit with abilities that are equal to or weaker than amway to do a single cop check
One action per night, so she can keep trying to open a neighborhood every night.

And yes, scum could still spread Amway within their own to stop a neighborhood from being created... I think. Actually the wording is not great, I better check with the mod because it might just mean trying to recruit them to Amway fails if they already are in it, not the neighborhood.

Anyway, assuming the neighborhood does fail on Amway, it's still not nearly as desirable for scum to give it to their buddies in secret as it would have been if the day action was affected by Desperate. They'd be losing their own abilities and wouldn't gain any power of value without a large recruit chain that they'd have to bamboozle townies to get. One cop check per night isn't nearly as OP as being able to check a large amount of the playerlist today would have been.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2873 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:59 am

Post by DkKoba »

VOTE: klick
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2874 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:01 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 2831, DkKoba wrote: (Their posting is like explicitly the shit town posts when they're fed up and ready to accept their fate, anyone with decent amount of mafia experience should recognize this as the warning signs of a miselimination, mostly only spectators will see it , so think of those dead chat moments where the flip is obviously town and townies are still tunneling)
You are right which is why I unvoted
In post 2833, Bingle wrote: Don’t hammer before we make theta a cop ffs.
Agreed. And wtf is up with making Theta a cop not being our top priority?
In post 2836, Aureal wrote: I feel like there's a lot of scum motivation in trying to end the day before even deciding what to do with Theta. Though she's not moved on to even try recruiting anyone else since Skygazer clearly isn't taking it, so maybe she doesn't intend to?

Oh, also I noticed that the roleblock/recruit also opens a neighborhood if not on an Amway consultant, so if I do end up with that ability it's confirmable that I didn't target Theta to block her Desperate neighborize.

And before you yell at me about not mentioning that before, remember two other people now have the exact same ability list in their possession and haven't felt any need to try to do a detailed paraphrase to make sure all details have been made public either. ._.
I think you actually HAVE mentioned it before, surprisingly. IDK about scum motivation, I think most players are just checked out from Day 1 and want some flip.
In post 2858, ofrhz wrote: Also is it obvious to everyone else that klick is scum yet
Yup.
I would be voting Klick but I wanna have Theta!cop first.
In post 2863, ofrhz wrote: Tbh theta's lack of urgency doesn't inspire confidence in her or this amorphous plan but whatever I can keep prodging this game ig
I'm not scumreading this but the talk about prodging is not very inspiring. But like yeah we need Theta to become cop quickly and then go back to playing the game cause this is freaking boring.
In post 2869, Meuh wrote: Emoji codes got added in the site update, I think the codes are compiled here: viewtopic.php?t=90442
I have "heart_eyes_cat" :heart_eyes_cat: by heart though cause it's my favourite :sunglasses: :smirk: :flag_ca:
A good few of them are the same as they are on Discord so if you're familiar with emojis there, you can use some of those

I do agree that RN actually playing does make a difference, but also think there's scumminess to his posting beyond just a disconnect with the game (like the posting feeling like it's made to appeal to others rather than help himself solve)
VOTE: Klick I'll park back here for now
Thanks for link/explanation, and as I said I will be voting Klick after we get a nice cop.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”