Micro 1091 - Prism v. 1L Year [Game Over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:19 pm

Post by Bell »

SC’s approach to Pooky is pretty close to mine.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:23 pm

Post by Bell »

Not sure what the pseudo condescension from SC is about. I’m not scum so I don’t care as much. But I’m trying to figure out if he’s bitter scum, bein’ bitter, or if he’s being too repulsive to *be* scum because, obviously, pleasing folk is a nice way to win games of mafia as mafia.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:25 pm

Post by Bell »

There have been some really good conversations this game. I give this game 5 hearts of healthiness. With one covid heart for good luck.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:57 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 324, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 316, Dunnstral wrote: Ydrasse points against SirCakez:
o Their vote put pressure on Ydrasse at a time when people were considering voting for Ydrasse
o Their interaction with Pooky is suspicious because they avoided talking about the miller claim to "get into the game", and they would do so as town
o They are being obtuse in their interaction with Ydrasse and missing the point on purpose, including misrepping what Ydrasse is saying

SirCakez points against Ydrasse:
o Their interactions with elle (1L) on page 8 are informed
o Their responses to SirCakez's questions are bad and Ydrasse would have better arguments as town
what are your thoughts about a Cakez vote?
I find the notion of voting SirCakez agreeable
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:22 am

Post by Prism »

elle (1L) has been prodded. She has 24 hours to post before I begin searching for a replacement.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:16 am

Post by Ydrasse »

the more i think abt it i don’t really like the “you’re good so these are bad takes” kind of mindset because it feels like there’s an unknowable monolith in being compared to but it doesn’t actually say anything i guess about what “”good”” ydrasse would be doing this game or saying instead. i’m not convinced so i want to wait for cakez to come back with more tho
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:16 am

Post by catboi »

I acknowledge as being correct on some level about the word choices Meuh seeming scummy, I'm just...not sure it actually comes from scum. It's a
plausible
read from Ydrasse, at any rate.

I think from Cakez is a very generic sounding read that does nothing for me, but I think he comes off okay in his tiff with Ydrasse, and I'd even lean town on it? Just my feeling that the passion is real rather than a show being put on by mafia. Could be wrong, but I don't really feel like he's a good vote on Day 1 because he tends to get mis-elimmed as town a lot.
In post 311, Dunnstral wrote: Would Ydrasse, as mafia, feel the need to push SirCakez early on, rather than building up connections?
It's not impossible
if
she felt threatened by cakez scumreading her and felt the need to push back on an accuser before she became a wagon - part of why I squinted at her accusing the game of shifting momentum toward her was that it felt like it could be an unconscious guilt thing - when you're scum you tend to perceive your actions as ore suspicious than they are and get worried that people are going to start pushing you and it felt like an exaggeration of reality.

Or she could just be a paranoid townie. I'm hardly committed to my current vote.

(also got a laugh out of me)
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:20 am

Post by catboi »

I don't really have a read on elle but I'm not opposed to voting her. I don't have thoughts on Dunn having a read on me because I have almost no success reading people off how they read me. I don't think it's impossible for a townie to see someone reading the game the same way as them and call it town even if it was fast, but in terms of his other content it's been unobjectionable but doesn't scream town to me.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:56 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 326, Bell wrote: Not sure what the pseudo condescension from SC is about. I’m not scum so I don’t care as much. But I’m trying to figure out if he’s bitter scum, bein’ bitter, or if he’s being too repulsive to *be* scum because, obviously, pleasing folk is a nice way to win games of mafia as mafia.
what are you referring to here? i don't really feel like i've been bitter this game I'm just feeling aggressive because I have a strong scum vibe from ydrasse and I don't always get that
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:59 am

Post by SirCakez »

addressing these since i didn't before dipping yesterday
In post 304, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 302, SirCakez wrote:
In post 297, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 292, SirCakez wrote:
In post 264, Ydrasse wrote: the pooky thing is played out and obligatory but i find it interesting (scummy flavored) that he doesn’t seem to care about exploring the content that could maybe help him parse a slot he often plays with and interacts with etc
I'm always gonna have my little clash with Pooky but I think it's entirely and obviously irrelevant to my alignment this game and I think this is an incredibly weak argument to use to SR me
also i don't really think this is like. entirely true because it's a Behavior factored into meta and the things that you do in game so i think that how you treat it could give insight to your alignment. i don't think it's the Strongest reason to call someone mafia but i think it's possible you felt like you had to go through the basic motions of giving him/it attention without actually caring about the more important engagement with it.
so then what would you be arguing if I came into this game without doing it? "Oh it's weird why Cakez didn't anything to Pooky, seems kinda scummy?"
Me doing it or not is not AI
i feel like you're being obtuse right now and intentionally missing the point.

i think that you came into the game and gave the bare minimum amount of attention you had to to pooky because it's ritual. and people notice when that sort of behavior isn't gone.
however, once you did that your actual engagement with "content", the things you could like actually use to get yourself into the game based off of that when it was topical (the meuh/pooky miller thing) was not there, it didn't seem to register to you and i feel like that's a sign you're not really reading or caring to solve the game.
i don't get what you're getting at here. i did engage the pooky and miller stuff but then i moved on because it obviously was not going to be fruitful for my scumhunting purposes. i don't know what you mean by it not registering to me.
In post 305, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 303, SirCakez wrote:
In post 300, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 298, SirCakez wrote:
In post 295, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 289, SirCakez wrote:
In post 263, Ydrasse wrote: i think cakez could be mafia

the pop in feels like it’s at a point where pressure could swing to me and the reason is like the most basic. paired with his few posts which seem very… uninterested in stuff like the miller claims and posts after. like it’s a chance to lambast me with a refusal to talk about anything else happening or what could support his worldview etc.
oh come on this is ridiculous and you know it
what's your argument against mine?
like i'm unsure what you're even asking me to directly challenge here. your read on me as informed?
the answer is "i'm not", i don't think that elle's responses were drafted by mafia for explained reasons
impasse
okay and so how does that invalidate my read
I don't see how from your PoV you think this is a scum push rather then a town mis-push. Ergo scum PoV.
because i'm taking it in conjunction with the stuff i've said about pooky? :?
you made the post, i read your iso after, and i ended up disliking what you've done.
Ydrasse you're really good but your arguments this game are straight :dead: :dead: :dead: and I don't think you'd be making them as town
like i don't know what to say to this but i think it's a really scummy post when you're actively like misinterpreting what i'm saying (and i feel that other people will blatantly... be able to tell what's happening) and then also adding the softening little "you're good omg" to it which, i think maybe is scummy because i'm reading everything else you're doing right now as that but it just feels like one of those little "things" people add to try and make a post seem more real
the point of the "you're good" was to situate why I find your current pushes to be so weak
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:01 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 317, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 316, Dunnstral wrote: Their vote put pressure on Ydrasse at a time when people were considering voting for Ydrasse
i want to clarify that this isn't based off of explicit, in thread posts people have said about wanting to vote me but a general "atmosphere" around some questioning that i felt. i am fighting ghosts as well as mafia.
i find this post to be extremely scummy
ydrasse earlier attacked me by saying I voted her because other people were thinking about voting her and I was trying to take advantage. now suddenly she's saying that there was nothing explicit but just some feelings she had. how does this make sense at all with her argument that I was scum manipulating the gamestate? i literally could not have had access to her feelings about the game atmosphere. just nonsensical.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:05 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 320, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 297, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 292, SirCakez wrote:
In post 264, Ydrasse wrote: the pooky thing is played out and obligatory but i find it interesting (scummy flavored) that he doesn’t seem to care about exploring the content that could maybe help him parse a slot he often plays with and interacts with etc
I'm always gonna have my little clash with Pooky but I think it's entirely and obviously irrelevant to my alignment this game and I think this is an incredibly weak argument to use to SR me
also i don't really think this is like. entirely true because it's a Behavior factored into meta and the things that you do in game so i think that how you treat it could give insight to your alignment. i don't think it's the Strongest reason to call someone mafia but i think it's possible you felt like you had to go through the basic motions of giving him/it attention without actually caring about the more important engagement with it.
also she's exactly right here, like Cakez do you seriously believe your interactions with Pooky are "obviously irrelevant" to your alignment? you don't think it matters at all that in one world you know his alignment and in one world you don't, like that won't manifest in how you treat him??
i'm speaking more generally than that, i'm saying that me addressing Pooky at game start is not relevant given that i will always do so, and so it's a weak argument to use. of course further interactions w Pooky and me are gonna have relevant gamesolving info.
In post 321, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 294, SirCakez wrote: I think the posts read like a scum overreaction but I can see where a town player reacts like this especially in this type of game where I'm sure people were excited to play in this one, it sucks getting sunk with a wagon within 24 hours of day one open
so you think elle is town (or at least null town), but you see Ydrasse coming to the same read as TMI - is that specific to the way she expressed the read or is the read itself inherently suspicious to you?

and which read came first (elle townread vs ydra scumread) and to what degree do they impact each other, if at all. like are you adding any weight to your elle townread because you think Ydra TMI'd the slot, or are these things largely unrelated in your mind
yes it's the way she expressed it - i don't really believe her trajectory and how she got to that read from her posts, it seems generated
they came about the same time - it's still pretty early this game...at this point my Ydra read is not really related to my elle read much, it's just too early
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:06 am

Post by SirCakez »

o Their vote put pressure on Ydrasse at a time when people were considering voting for Ydrasse
o Their interaction with Pooky is suspicious because they avoided talking about the miller claim to "get into the game", and they would do so as town
o They are being obtuse in their interaction with Ydrasse and missing the point on purpose, including misrepping what Ydrasse is saying

o Their responses to SirCakez's questions are bad and Ydrasse would have better arguments as town
In post 328, Dunnstral wrote:

I find the notion of voting SirCakez agreeable
what is this stuff? just vote me if you feel something it's always weird to me when people like look for approval for their votes before placing them.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:56 am

Post by Bell »

How would GL voting you if you were town be a productive use of anyone’s time.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:10 pm

Post by Bell »

I dunno SC I find your weird mix of aggressive, defensive, simultaneously uncharitable and kind of block-headed take to be eyebrow raising. You said you felt somewhat confident on this so that may explain it. But it doesn’t feel like right.
On the other hand, moral crusades are for the dogs. This is one of those character assassination things where I’m like, maybe cakez is coming off bad because they’re scum and they feel guilt and are playing out the bad guy role.

And then I’m like,

I dunno.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:12 pm

Post by Bell »

I feel like I’ve killed SC before for being a blockhead and they flipped town.

This is neither an endorsement nor a defense.
I don’t care what happens to him D1.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:14 pm

Post by Bell »

I dunno if I should be trying to kill Dunn this game.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:16 pm

Post by Bell »

Their zinger when I called GL scum for voting me felt like an unprofessional lapse when they could have said nothing while just leaving it under their hat. They’re different here.
But.
Mm.
Different ~ scum.

I feel bad. Less covid posting Bell.
Nobody likes covid posters.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:17 pm

Post by Meuh »

Dunn has town vibes here tbh
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:18 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 310, Dunnstral wrote: I believe that Ydrasse is usually more charismatic as mafia early. Maybe. I feel like I make this argument a lot in games but I don't remember how that has went for me.
The little thought processes in posts like these just emanate town energy
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:20 pm

Post by Bell »

That looks pretty weak to me. Not that I expect confidence.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:22 pm

Post by Bell »

Half that post is hedging and they don’t bother to elaborate.
It’s like the opposite of a full-throated endorsement.
A collapsed airway, if you will.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:22 pm

Post by Meuh »

Because it's not really a one post kinda read; like I said, it's little thought processes that I can't necessarily pin point super well, but like every other Dunn posts make me think he's slightly town, which adds up fast
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:22 pm

Post by Bell »

any other thoughts rn, meuh?
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:28 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 287, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 286, catboi wrote:
In post 276, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 270, Meuh wrote: I do lean town on Catboi so far, but I also have the paranoia that he's just good at making content that I find very palatable and that I'll always townread him... :shifty: I also feel like that's something I'll be able to figure out eventually though
Ydrasse I'm kinda conflicted on because the general, I guess position she's occupying? is one I feel bad about and gives me bad vibes but the actual posts she's made have vaguely good vibes.
like this i didn't have the context of existing when i made my post but it proves my point because what does this even say about my slot that matters.
"kind of good but in a place that is bad". how do people parse this in a way that makes sense to the gamestate (maybe it's a skill issue because it's nonsense to me).
the vibes of this game are that not much is happening, really. some people were pushing on elle and you were defending her, and that was about it. I was sittig on my hands waiting because I'm trying not to take control of the game. The Meuh post doesn't really prove
any
point, because her commentary on you were almost certainly spurred on by that recent discussion, and doesn't really come across as a pivot to vote for you or anything.

You are right that what that post says is inconclusive. Do you think it being inconclusive has any bearing on Meuh's alignment?
i see it differently and see it as a really hedgy place to sit if no other options happen to crop up that meuh likes (said with a wink to the audience). it makes me very antsy.

i think it marginally points downward for her alignment. there was a point earlier in the game when she was talking to pooky and there was a pause before she asked "are you scum?" which kind of felt like going through the motions of a back and forth which might be influencing the dislike. i didn't bring it up at the time because it was one thing that i didn't feel strongly about but now there's two things so it's more worthwhile.
I think this is town Ydra? This feels like genuine progression on me (even if wrong, smh)
There you go, a less hedgy stance :P

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”