Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3475 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:10 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

In post 3469, DkKoba wrote:
In post 3461, Theta Alpine wrote: cook flipping tells us a lot more about other slots
cook if scum has an ability that could take out a roles capabilities near-permanently in some fashion
cook is probably scum based on their reactions to wagon and other things that people like ranger have mentioned

aureals flip would confirm that those in amway were not recruited though
we could prove that with two more recruits today to put us over the threshold of half the slots mafia if it was a mafia recruit
or the logic that an actual factional recruit would not be able to spread as fast as it did in a single day
seriously do you really think a list mod would design a role that could achieve wincon on day one
and you arent concerned if its a scum role that auto wins when X people trust it?
no cause such a role would be a role that could win on day one
not even night one
day one
i trust the listmods would not submit a role like that

the comparison role that was scum you keep bringing up had one thing this role does not
pacing
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3476 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:10 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

AAAAAAh why are reads so hard this game.

Why can't it be like a newbie game where I have a pool of like 4 players who might be scum and the rest are town and that's it

Pedit: I get what you are saying. I would try to give more thoughts but tbh this game got a deadline extension so I will leave you all for now and will probably be super available on Friday.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3477 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:10 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

This pedit was at Koba's posts, there have been too many posts
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3478 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:11 am

Post by Meuh »

I can buy the role being scum and recruits helping the scum agenda but no, we were never getting a day 1 win for any team lmao
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3479 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:11 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3470, KatyKimFanClub wrote: Ngl Koba just slipped by putting me as town in his fully informed readslist saying I’m scum like 24 hours later
how to say you arent actually paying attention to the game youre playing in without saying it outright(hell, even got the pronoun wrong):

(look at timestamps btw! crazy ik)
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3480 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:11 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 3474, DkKoba wrote: i have already seen a role that wins via player trust and lost to it after mistrusting it and im getting the same exact vibe here lmao

maybe it doesnt auto win! but it surely will put scum way ahead the more townies are in it im sure.

and yes i do believe a listmod would design a role that can win d1 if town is naive, but considering the insistence to survive d1 i feel that it requires the nightphase. you already have an incredibly modular role that anix has, that is more secret that is more in line with how a town role might be for something like that.
What game?
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3481 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:11 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

In post 3471, Meuh wrote:
In post 3470, KatyKimFanClub wrote: Ngl Koba just slipped by putting me as town in his fully informed readslist saying I’m scum like 24 hours later
they
Asdf, sorry
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3482 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:13 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2379, DkKoba wrote:
In post 2366, DkKoba wrote: hey reminder that when something seems too good to be true for too little cost, it probably is.

look at this role PM why it is so dumb that people are just accepting mech stuff because its easy to say "yes" and do it when the flavor of an MLM probably means that if you dont reach a "goal" by X point something bad happens probably and Aureal gets all the benefits, just like a real MLM:

Subject: Anything uPick (Endgame)
In post 7519, RadiantCowbells wrote: The prayers of many have reached Sanae Kochiya in their dying moments, bolstering her power and fueling her ascension to godhood.

As her power waxes she reaches her 13th prayer and creates a miracle, ascending to divinity and winning the game for her team.

Sakura Hana was Sanae Kochiya, Wind Priestess.

Spoiler: Role PM
Welcome, Sakura Hana. You are Sanae Kochiya, Wind Priestess. You are a Mafia Faith-Collecting Deity.

Something like winning a match can't be compared to a miracle!

Prayers to Moriya (Faith-Dependent): Every time a town-aligned player dies, they will have the option to pray to you. As you receive prayers, you will gain stronger and stronger 1-use power roles.

Shrine Maiden (Loved): At 3 prayers you become loved for the remainder of the game. This modifier ceases to work in XLo.
Mighty Wind (1-Shot Strongman Ninja Vigilante): At 5 prayers once per game you may target a player for a nightkill that will use both the strongman and ninja modifiers. This is independent of the factional nightkill.
Gray Thaumaturgy (Triple Role Cop): At 7 prayers once per game you can discover 3 roles. This ability cannot be roleblocked.
Forgotten Ritual (Mass Roleblock): At 10 prayers, you can roleblock every town-aligned player together. This supercedes all other actions.
OR
Forgotten Ritual (1-Shot Loyal Vig): At 10 prayers, you can target a player with a Loyal Vig action.
Miracle (Non-standard Win Condition): At 13 prayers, you can cause a miracle and win the game instantly for your team.
Mafia (Mafia): You are aligned with the Mafia and can discuss the game with your teammates here.

You win when the Town have been removed or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Your fakeclaim is as follows:

Welcome, Sakura Hana. You are Sanae Kochiya, Wind Priestess. You are a Faith-Collecting Deity.

Something like winning a match can't be compared to a miracle!

Prayers to Moriya (Faith-Dependent): Every time a town-aligned player dies, they will have the option to pray to you. As you receive prayers, you will gain stronger and stronger 1-use power roles.

Shrine Maiden (Loved): At 3 prayers you become loved for the remainder of the game. This modifier ceases to work in XLo.
Mighty Wind (1-Shot Parity Cop): At 5 prayers once per game you may target two player and learn whether they are the same alignment or different.
Gray Thaumaturgy (Triple Role Cop): At 7 prayers once per game you can discover 3 roles. This ability cannot be interfered with.
Forgotten Ritual (2-Shot Disloyal Vig): At 10 prayers, you can pick two players and disloyally vig them, killing them if they are not on your team.
Miracle (Divine Ascension): At 13 prayers, you leave the game. As you leave, you are given the full scumteam and have the option of strongman killing one of your choice.

You win when the Mafia have been removed or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Anything uPick has ended!
please read ty
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3483 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:14 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3475, Theta Alpine wrote:
In post 3469, DkKoba wrote:
In post 3461, Theta Alpine wrote: cook flipping tells us a lot more about other slots
cook if scum has an ability that could take out a roles capabilities near-permanently in some fashion
cook is probably scum based on their reactions to wagon and other things that people like ranger have mentioned

aureals flip would confirm that those in amway were not recruited though
we could prove that with two more recruits today to put us over the threshold of half the slots mafia if it was a mafia recruit
or the logic that an actual factional recruit would not be able to spread as fast as it did in a single day
seriously do you really think a list mod would design a role that could achieve wincon on day one
and you arent concerned if its a scum role that auto wins when X people trust it?
no cause such a role would be a role that could win on day one
not even night one
day one
i trust the listmods would not submit a role like that

the comparison role that was scum you keep bringing up had one thing this role does not
pacing
and having X recruits for X cycles could very well be another wincon
retired
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3484 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:14 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

In post 3479, DkKoba wrote:
how to say you arent actually paying attention to the game youre playing in without saying it outright(hell, even got the pronoun wrong):

1) sorry for messing up your pronouns that is my bad
2) my point was really that I haven’t really done anything since your readjust, so it seems to me like you’re just saying whatever to push an elim over the finish line and discredit me
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3485 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:15 am

Post by DkKoba »

it gives out nice investigatives and roleblocks and powers to incentivize people to trust it more for longer and then blam day 3 you lose because aureal has made all the townies bankrupt or something
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3486 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:15 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3484, KatyKimFanClub wrote:
In post 3479, DkKoba wrote:

1) sorry for messing up your pronouns that is my bad
2) my point was really that I haven’t really done anything since your readjust, so it seems to me like you’re just saying whatever to push an elim over the finish line and discredit me
you haven't! but i have. I read the game and added more context to my reads and readjusted them, reevaluation is crazy, ik.
retired
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3487 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:16 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

But u were fully informed when u made the read list… I was unaware you could get even more informed in that timespan that is my bad
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3488 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:18 am

Post by Meuh »

I do agree that town!Aureal's power isn't a huge asset for us and scum!Aureal is a huge asset to the scum team. She should probably always be flipped because of this, especially since the sheer amount of PRs in this game probably makes it townsided overall.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3489 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:19 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3487, KatyKimFanClub wrote: But u were fully informed when u made the read list… I was unaware you could get even more informed in that timespan that is my bad
i think you need to ISO the post, look where it is, and read onwards. you are mixing up when things happened :)
retired
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3490 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:20 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

In post 3488, Meuh wrote: I do agree that town!Aureal's power isn't a huge asset for us and scum!Aureal is a huge asset to the scum team. She should probably always be flipped because of this, especially since the sheer amount of PRs in this game probably makes it townsided overall.
Is this assuming that there's some hidden information in the scum!Aureal Amway role that recruits don't have access to? I think I agree under that assumption.
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3491 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:20 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

In post 3361, DkKoba wrote: this is pretty much a fully informed reads list.
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3492 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:21 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

In post 3361, DkKoba wrote: pretty sure town but not like 100% like the above group:
KatyKimFanClub
quote edited to remove other people in same tier of read
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3493 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:22 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

Koba we townread eachother we mustn't fight we must work together
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3494 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:22 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 3490, KatyKimFanClub wrote:
In post 3488, Meuh wrote: I do agree that town!Aureal's power isn't a huge asset for us and scum!Aureal is a huge asset to the scum team. She should probably always be flipped because of this, especially since the sheer amount of PRs in this game probably makes it townsided overall.
Is this assuming that there's some hidden information in the scum!Aureal Amway role that recruits don't have access to? I think I agree under that assumption.
I think that's pretty likely to be how it works if Aureal is scum, or at least is fairly likely to be the case, enough to make my above statement true.
Yimmy
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any pronouns

Post Post #3495 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:23 am

Post by Yimmy »

hi guys. will try to read up from the moment i replaced in and then i will see if i can read the twenty prior pages also today
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3496 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:24 am

Post by Meuh »

Actually even if Amway works as advertised, shutting down half of the player list's abilities in a setup with all townies being PRs is probably just bad
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3497 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:27 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

In post 3496, Meuh wrote: Actually even if Amway works as advertised, shutting down half of the player list's abilities in a setup with all townies being PRs is probably just bad
I think it's the opposite actually. It will help simplify the game from a mechanics perspective because now we can rule out a portion of the playerbase from particular night actions. That being said, this isn't an argument to keep Aureal around, since all the recruiting has already been accomplished and can continue without her. She can be the only one with a fake Amway role really.
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3498 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:27 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

oddly enough aureals role does allow a night one win for town potentially
if we were inclined to get power to three or four vigs and have good coordinated shots
but that would require solving the game that well in the first place at which point deserved

actually i do think we can sort aureal with cooks flip though
since i do not think that is svs with how aureal is being pushed
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3499 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:27 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

Like I think even if she's scum, Aureal has done town a big favor by removing a lot of people who could have lied in the massclaim from the equation.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”