Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3500 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:28 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 3498, Theta Alpine wrote: oddly enough aureals role does allow a night one win for town potentially
if we were inclined to get power to three or four vigs and have good coordinated shots
but that would require solving the game that well in the first place at which point deserved

actually i do think we can sort aureal with cooks flip though
since i do not think that is svs with how aureal is being pushed
Yeah but Cook's town so we'll be back at square one
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3501 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:28 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3498, Theta Alpine wrote: oddly enough aureals role does allow a night one win for town potentially
if we were inclined to get power to three or four vigs and have good coordinated shots
but that would require solving the game that well in the first place at which point deserved

oh this is believable but a n1 scum win isnt' :Joy_cat:

ok lmao
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3502 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:29 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

VOTE: Yimmy
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3503 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:30 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3492, KatyKimFanClub wrote:
In post 3361, DkKoba wrote: pretty sure town but not like 100% like the above group:
KatyKimFanClub
quote edited to remove other people in same tier of read
i reread myself and i realized i know what ur referring to now and i was kinda having a "manipulate this person by threatening them with a scumread" moment and now i get what ur saying (its not a scumslip btw i just sometimes be like that lol, and fwiw im very careful about how ive come across/my stances as scum moreso than town and actively want to have a clean worldview and all that)
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3504 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:30 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 3497, KatyKimFanClub wrote:
In post 3496, Meuh wrote: Actually even if Amway works as advertised, shutting down half of the player list's abilities in a setup with all townies being PRs is probably just bad
I think it's the opposite actually. It will help simplify the game from a mechanics perspective because now we can rule out a portion of the playerbase from particular night actions. That being said, this isn't an argument to keep Aureal around, since all the recruiting has already been accomplished and can continue without her. She can be the only one with a fake Amway role really.
Simplifying it I suppose can make it easier to figure out? But concretely, town powers being used leads to pro-town outcomes, and we're tossing away the opportunity to get these pro-town outcomes by locking players to the Amway.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3505 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:31 am

Post by DkKoba »

also if powers arent being proven it reduces the power of my own flip, and scum can hide behind not having their previous claim being proven by saying theyre in amway, etc.
retired
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3506 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:31 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

In post 3503, DkKoba wrote: i reread myself and i realized i know what ur referring to now and i was kinda having a "manipulate this person by threatening them with a scumread" moment and now i get what ur saying (its not a scumslip btw i just sometimes be like that lol, and fwiw im very careful about how ive come across/my stances as scum moreso than town and actively want to have a clean worldview and all that)
Fair, I didn't actually think it was a slip I'm basically just shitposting from my phone while I'm on the bus.
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3507 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:32 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

In post 3501, DkKoba wrote:

oh this is believable but a n1 scum win isnt' :Joy_cat:

ok lmao
it requires town figuring out all the scum on day one
so yeah i would believe that to be a reasonable prerequisite to a night one win
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3508 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:32 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

In post 3504, Meuh wrote:
In post 3496, Meuh wrote: Actually even if Amway works as advertised, shutting down half of the player list's abilities in a setup with all townies being PRs is probably just bad
I think it's the opposite actually. It will help simplify the game from a mechanics perspective because now we can rule out a portion of the playerbase from particular night actions. That being said, this isn't an argument to keep Aureal around, since all the recruiting has already been accomplished and can continue without her. She can be the only one with a fake Amway role really.
Simplifying it I suppose can make it easier to figure out? But concretely, town powers being used leads to pro-town outcomes, and we're tossing away the opportunity to get these pro-town outcomes by locking players to the Amway.
Has there been anyone who has agreed to be recruited that you think has a strong town ability?
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3509 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:33 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

In post 3500, Meuh wrote:

Yeah but Cook's town so we'll be back at square one
cook is not town
they have a lot of good posts sure but they are not town
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3510 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:34 am

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

its kind of a hard choice but im fine with sticking with any of the 3 wagons for today
master at being scum(my)
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3511 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:34 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 3508, KatyKimFanClub wrote:
In post 3504, Meuh wrote:
Has there been anyone who has agreed to be recruited that you think has a strong town ability?
I guess the selection of town players with weak roles to be Amwayd makes the negative impact of it less prominent, that's a fair point
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3512 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:36 am

Post by Meuh »

I wouldn't cry over a Cook lim, but I think Aureal is scummier and a lim there is best for the gamestate, and Klick (now Yimmy) flips scum a lot more often than Cook does
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3513 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:46 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

i tend not to vore slots who have recently replaced out
reason i did not vote your slot when doctor drew repd out
alter of rautherdir
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3514 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:49 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

well that was a mobile typo and a half
alter of rautherdir
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3515 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:50 am

Post by Meuh »

I tend not to vore other players in general tbh
Pedit: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3516 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:51 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

t and r why do you have to be right next to each other

but uh yeah i meant vote
alter of rautherdir
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3517 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:52 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

I think I need to recalibrate what is going on this game.

Like I've basically been operating this game under the assumption that Koba's case on Aureal wasn't that good, but I guess considering Aureal got to E-1 there were a decent amount of people who agreed (or independently though Aureal was scummy). Honestly I would like to apologize for being a drag on town in a sense bc I definitely haven't been reading a lot of stuff just because it made my eyes glaze (Sorry koba I genuinely do not mean offense, it's just the way things go for me in large games sometimes).

Do scum roles like Aureal's show up often? I do not know enough about forum mafia to know this. This is a game where people can submit pretty crazy roles though. Personally my initial thought during the massclaim was that a MLM scum role was a little on the nose. Like even the arsonist role I was willing to be like "ok this is normally pretty scummy but we are dealing with very different roles here".
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3518 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:55 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

if it was a scum role outright i think it would have a lot more pacing
one recruit a day sort of thing

instead of potentially everyone recruited all on day one
alter of rautherdir
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3519 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:57 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

The idea that you (as scum) could recruit someone, take away their role, then kill them and get their followers as passive income is interesting, but after you take away someone's ability, there's not really an incentive to eliminate them unless you think they're cashing out.
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3520 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:03 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

it may have been designed with anything upick in mind
but with the lack of pacing i think it is not going to be a wincon it builds up to

in fact it will probably just remove itself from the equation entirely with some trigger
alter of rautherdir
Yimmy
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any pronouns

Post Post #3521 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:14 am

Post by Yimmy »

In post 3423, Save The Dragons wrote: I'm in a hood now
no idea why i multiquoted this. um
In post 3425, DkKoba wrote:
In post 3408, Aureal wrote:
In post 3384, Ircher wrote: You should unvote.
snip
Tldr : melding over being held accountable for focusing on their role doing things rather than playing mafia
ugh i hate it when i have to discern whether malding is sincere or not. umm i also don't understand what dkkoba is saying. that will come with time hopefully
In post 3430, DkKoba wrote: Also it is extremely disingenuous that aureal is trying to claim role inheriting will remove all recruits, how are you sure of that? Sounds like fearmongering to survive as hard as possible.
this seems like a normal thing to assume? like certainly it maybe isn't true but this seems very uncharitable? somebody should explain aureal's role to me
In post 3439, DragonEater70 wrote: snip
Maybe Ofrhz even though I just mentioned them of being scummy (but only if we flip scum today. Don't question this. It's a gut/intuition thing)
snip
townpost. think scum wouldn't be so panicked about the deadline unless they were unhappy with the current wagon, but in that case i don't really see de really being pushy about anything. just really sorting their thoughts cause they think they have to. can relate. also left that one line in cause it seems like something that specifically would be hard to fake. like a read that doesn't matter at all right now and it's weird gut and don't worry about it
In post 3442, DragonEater70 wrote: Also, hi Yimmy. You town here?
yes
In post 3443, camelCasedSnivy wrote: YES FINALLY

VOTE: Yimmy

feel bad for the slot though :(
why? (do you feel bad but you can explain the vote too)
In post 3455, Meuh wrote:
In post 3439, DragonEater70 wrote: and also because Meuh was all like "yeah I'll do what you asked Dragon, but I actually have no freaking clue what's the purpose of it but I did it anyway" which doesn't sound very genuine.
I wanted to do it because it sounded enjoyable, could give me stronger reads and was an opportunity to collaborate with you (who I think is town)!
I did have a clue what the purpose of it was, it's when I did it that I ended up unenthused because I didn't get much out of it. This is unsurprising, because not only had I already read the posts (unlike you, who I think hadn't read them yet), but I've been here for less long. Those posts were already like 15% of the ones that had been made since I replaced in and I didn't have held over feelings from earlier in the day, so the exercise of only considering them just wasn't a major shakeup of my perspective. It mostly made me pay more attention to posts I had glanced over, but as it turns out, those posts I glanced over weren't posts I found super AI, so I didn't end up with much new. :/
this is a believable post
In post 3487, KatyKimFanClub wrote: But u were fully informed when u made the read list… I was unaware you could get even more informed in that timespan that is my bad
this is a weird post
In post 3493, KatyKimFanClub wrote: Koba we townread eachother we mustn't fight we must work together
like you townread the guy... why are you being so uncharitable?
In post 3502, KatyKimFanClub wrote: VOTE: Yimmy
why (probably i figure out on reread but tell me anyway)
In post 3506, KatyKimFanClub wrote:
In post 3503, DkKoba wrote: i reread myself and i realized i know what ur referring to now and i was kinda having a "manipulate this person by threatening them with a scumread" moment and now i get what ur saying (its not a scumslip btw i just sometimes be like that lol, and fwiw im very careful about how ive come across/my stances as scum moreso than town and actively want to have a clean worldview and all that)
Fair, I didn't actually think it was a slip I'm basically just shitposting from my phone while I'm on the bus.
yeah this was a weird interaction on kkfc's end

haven't figured out how i feel about dkkoba yet. i really feel like i should do that soon.
de keeps on emphasizing how paranoid they are. i think that's +town actually.

can someone point me to the massclaim pretty please? i feel like understanding aureal's claim and meuh's claim is important right now
Yimmy
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any pronouns

Post Post #3522 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:18 am

Post by Yimmy »

not sure if i'll be able to read 20 pages today. game is kinda dense
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3523 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:23 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

meuh is a universal backup
aureal is a non-factional cult
alter of rautherdir
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3524 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:24 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

to vastly oversimplify things on both accounts to an extent
alter of rautherdir

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”