Micro 1091 - Prism v. 1L Year [Game Over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:10 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 624, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 589, SirCakez wrote:
In post 538, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: man where's cakeboi I want to fight with him over something stupid I miss doing that
why'd you claim miller i can't do anything like this
:cry:
is this tmiing that im town miller lol
lol I already said earlier im not dealing with Miller claims today
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:41 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 674, SirCakez wrote: catboi the reason I was/am considering voting you is because your reaction to the recent pressure on you has felt off tonally, it feels like way more concerned with the votes then I feel like you'd normally respond as town. I mean just look at the last two pages - I feel like that claim was really dramatic and unprompted and it doesn't feel organic.
The claim came after you said you were considering voting catboi, as did the last two pages.

What came before that made you feel this way?
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:10 am

Post by SirCakez »

I was looking at his posts on page 22, his interactions with Luke and GL did not feel great to me
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:28 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Can you be more specific about which posts on page 22 made you feel that his "reaction to the recent pressure on you has felt off tonally, it feels like way more concerned with the votes then I feel like you'd normally respond as town," and why?
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:16 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 533, catboi wrote: As for me "not actively trying to sort you" - you weren't here, dude. What are you expecting me to do when you're not posting in the game? Why do you think I didn't just vote you? I mean, probably because I'm still trying to sort you?
In post 533, catboi wrote: As for me "not actively trying to sort you" - you weren't here, dude. What are you expecting me to do when you're not posting in the game? Why do you think I didn't just vote you? I mean, probably because I'm still trying to sort you?
like these are just gut feels really but this kinda felt like scum indignance at being pushed for something he thinks is NAI
In post 546, catboi wrote: Not primarily real time, more of a "wait and see" player. You were absent for a day and the most relevant stuff was seeing how you would respond to luke and what you'd do after that. I certainly don't feel like me voting you would have helped anything and I had nothing in particular I wanted to ask you.

I dunno, you're free to choose to not believe me if you want. I'm not that worried because I don't think I'll actually go over today. If you actually want to figure out if my read is genuine, ask me questions about it?
here's another example, this is one of those vibes where i can't really describe it that well, but like stuff like "you're free to choose not to believe me if you want" feels like such a weird thing to say from a catboi town PoV where he has indicated some suspicion of GL already
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:16 am

Post by SirCakez »

but this is tough because I don't think catboi/GL make any sense as scum together and I also find things independently scummy from GL
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:17 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 679, SirCakez wrote:
In post 539, catboi wrote: Now, GL gets a pass for this because he doesn't know my scumgame and is making the common fallacy that me lacking energy is a scumtell. But you - you've seen my scumgame. Do you think I, at any time as scum, come across as dispassionate? As lacking the will to put conviction behind a push?
like these are just gut feels really but this kinda felt like scum indignance at being pushed for something he thinks is NAI
In post 546, catboi wrote: Not primarily real time, more of a "wait and see" player. You were absent for a day and the most relevant stuff was seeing how you would respond to luke and what you'd do after that. I certainly don't feel like me voting you would have helped anything and I had nothing in particular I wanted to ask you.

I dunno, you're free to choose to not believe me if you want. I'm not that worried because I don't think I'll actually go over today. If you actually want to figure out if my read is genuine, ask me questions about it?
here's another example, this is one of those vibes where i can't really describe it that well, but like stuff like "you're free to choose not to believe me if you want" feels like such a weird thing to say from a catboi town PoV where he has indicated some suspicion of GL already
EBWOP - had one quote twice
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:44 am

Post by Bell »

In post 680, SirCakez wrote: but this is tough because I don't think catboi/GL make any sense as scum together and I also find things independently scummy from GL
How is that tough? Just kill the one you suspect more of being scum individually.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:06 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 682, Bell wrote:
In post 680, SirCakez wrote: but this is tough because I don't think catboi/GL make any sense as scum together and I also find things independently scummy from GL
How is that tough? Just kill the one you suspect more of being scum individually.
its tough because i find them independently scummy but them not being SvS means even if I'm right there's still another scum out there and I just keep going through the playerlist and being like who tf is scum this game

we have:
pooky and meuh the miller claims
luke who claimed pr
ydra who im really stuck with and keep going back and forth on
dunn who I think is playing like town here
and then you and honestly I don't know what to think about you this game Bell but I wouldn't vote you today
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:21 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 683, SirCakez wrote:
In post 682, Bell wrote:
its tough because i find them independently scummy but them not being SvS means even if I'm right there's still another scum out there and I just keep going through the playerlist and being like who tf is scum this game

we have:
pooky and meuh the miller claims
luke who claimed pr
ydra who im really stuck with and keep going back and forth on
dunn who I think is playing like town here
and then you and honestly I don't know what to think about you this game Bell but I wouldn't vote you today
Do you feel like you need a team solve in order to commit to a day 1 elimination?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:25 am

Post by Lukewarm »

(I also feel like there are easy answers to your proposed dilemma given your reads, like Ydra as a partner to one of them, or me possibly having fake claimed due to pressure)
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:27 am

Post by SirCakez »

no but i would just feel better about my reads lol
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:28 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 685, Lukewarm wrote: (I also feel like there are easy answers to your proposed dilemma given your reads, like Ydra as a partner to one of them, or me possibly having fake claimed due to pressure)
yeah but im really torn on my Ydra read one way or the other and your claim is just not gonna be touched until massclaim or some CC most likely
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:03 pm

Post by Bell »

I would like to announce I have woken from my 5 pm nap to once again ask the following question

Why is Ydra still voting me.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:22 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 599, catboi wrote: I think GL accusing Cakez of chainsawing me is moving into "hard to fathom as being the real belief of a town player" territory. It's enough in the territory that I would be okay with voting him today, because his arguments have gotten continually worse, and look more like he's trying to "score points" with every attack rather than attempting to discern a perspective or actually investigate alignments. (I think even if he's town the way he's playing right is outright anti-town, not because he's reading me wrong but because of him tunneling in a single-minded fashion where everything someone does only adds further fuel to the fire. I think if allowed to live he will harm the town regardless of his alignment. That's simply how I've come to view this type of play.

the timing and execution of that Cakez vote is incredibly suspicious, is it not? a bunch of people starting to openly suspect you, and then Cakez decides to sheep a Dunn case that didn't bother to examine or interrogate my point of view ()? and then he says he actually also scumreads you as well - that is Weird Behavior! so weird in fact that I don't have a good town!explanation for it coming to mind!

I also take issue with you framing my style of play as not "actually investigating alignments", that's an uncharitable description. I tend to be a bit militant and aggressive in how I make pushes but that's because mafia don't actually
feel any pressure
if you don't call them out or push things forcefully.

if you're town here and you genuinely think I'm "harming the town" then do your job and show me where I'm wrong and who's actually scum instead. hell, you can even
actually vote me
, I still don't understand why you haven't. anyone can just float along and form shallow vague POE pools in a manner virtually indistinguishable from conservative scumplay, it's actually wild you're now attempting to claim some kind of high ground of being better at mafia for doing so. like was your goal with this post to piss me off or what?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:23 pm

Post by Bell »

Oh good GL is here.
Are you scum?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:28 pm

Post by Bell »

Do you know why Ydra is still voting me?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:28 pm

Post by Bell »

If you aren't scum what are you doing different here that you'd only do as town?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:29 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

actually @catboi I'm willing to engage with you on Ydrasse because I think that's probably the best olive branch here

I see why you're 'not convinced' by what I said for her being town, I guess what I don't buy in your reason for scumreading her is that scum!Ydrasse needs to OMGUS Cakez reactively at all? all you've said is it 'could easily be scum motivated' but I really don't think Ydrasse is the type of player to actually wig out like that as mafia. I've seen her as scum a handful of times and not once can I remember her getting reactive to early pressure or someone sussing her until it was at a point where the game was literally on the line because she was last mafia standing.

so for you to see her react to early pressure and be like 'meh, seems scummy' just feels really lazy and surface level, what am I missing there? like is your position that scum!Ydrasse felt threatened by Cakez?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:30 pm

Post by Bell »

Why do you think I'm town this game GL?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:30 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

hi Bell, I do not know why Ydra is voting you

I don't think I'm doing anything here I would 'only do as town', I don't think I have a polarized game like that, or at least I try not to. like if I knew the answer to your question then it wouldn't be valid cause I'd do those things as scum
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:32 pm

Post by Bell »

That answer sucks.
Because obviously you pivot around different people and choose where your focus is as one alignment over the other.
People don't play alignments the same as either alignment.
They never have.

Choosing to be offended by Catboi,
choosing to provide an "olive branch"
these are choices you might make them differently or it might take you longer to make each choice depending on your alignment.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:33 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

@Bell - honestly I just mainly shelved you as town for the early push on elle and because you feel a little 'spewed town' in a sense given no one's really pushed you at all, but if something is wonky in this game I don't think you're at a level you didn't meet in that Shakespeare game

I think my only solid townreads at the moment are Meuh, Pookie, and Ydrasse
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:34 pm

Post by Bell »

Cool you're dead to me.