Mini Normal 2313: I am sitting in a room (game over)

Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:24 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 474, Black wrote: Merlyn is town
No I don’t think so.
You're Scummy! I'm Afrayed Knott..
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:25 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 481, Merlyn wrote: I don't know that I've processed all of the posts here but I don't understand the thought process here
In post 465, Afrayed Knott wrote: im into it, his initial post stinks of scum jumping in with a false town bravado, we must stick together, we are town, we need to eliminate the scum trash.....and now he is conviniently quiet. Which plays into the theory of scum coasting /lurking while Town beats itself up and gets voted out and NK'd. My vote stays until we start to hear from Charlie boy.
So, like a pretty aggro post about Charles 'stinking' of scum and being 'scum trash' and being 'convienently' quiet and 'my vote stays'
In post 471, Afrayed Knott wrote:
In post 436, AnimatedWiz wrote: Afrayed, are you still scumreading Charles? Is there anyone else who you feel you've gotten a real read on since you were on last?
Well he has re-appeared and has started to take part in the game, I see his read list and well he has 3 town, which includes the IC, and the rest are null or scum.
So not sure what to think
. Do I take his explaination for his reentry questions into the game? Asking people if they believe him scummy or not, it seems a strange tactic but he explains that also.

But its just that openning post. I know that I am the only vote sitting next to him, and as I see above, Black is called out for the negative comments on Charles and there was all the "why is no one else in Charle's face" posts, but nothing else. So, currently I will leave my vote where it is for now.
(bolding mine) but then when asked if they're scumreading Charles, they say not sure
In post 472, Afrayed Knott wrote: Charles, Right now I continue to feel that Charles is scum. His intial opening post followed by his earlier interaction and now his reentry in the game all stick with me. Maybe I am focusing too much on this, Im not sure. But his AI inhanced opener speakes of regular communication team work amongst other things. I havent seen that, I haven't seen him commit to anything he covered in that opening post. And that includes trying to find Scum. After his re-entry his posts seem forced, could it be nerves? or the fact he just is having trouble with being in the game, or is he being pushed to be more active and didnt kow what to lead with?
But then in the readslist back to scum (although there's questions, like 'could it be nerves?')

I don't like the read inconsistency. What changed from your first post I quoted to the others, Afrayed?
Nothing has changed my feeling remains the same. I was expressing intent my thoughts, bottom line I is I believe he is scum.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:35 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

I asked people on the Blackstar wagon why they thought their vote was good, yet to get an answer, the same with the Ani/Wiz wagon, why.

It’s clear and I agree with Bob, that it appears the two wagons may have a split of the scum vote. Remind me please, on average the hammer is generally scum? And the tactic is to sit on two of the leading wagons and then hit with the hammer. At least from memory that’s what I recall.

FYI I’m VLA for most of the weekend. So have just skimmed the last 3 pages or so.

I also note that I didn’t give my feel on Gumi, which is probably because he’s been anway from the game more than in it. Strange no one picked that I had missed him in my summation of thoughts thus far. So when I’m back I’ll try to remedy that.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:13 pm

Post by bob3141 »

In post 552, Afrayed Knott wrote: I asked people on the Blackstar wagon why they thought their vote was good, yet to get an answer, the same with the Ani/Wiz wagon, why.

It’s clear and I agree with Bob, that it appears the two wagons may have a split of the scum vote. Remind me please, on average the hammer is generally scum? And the tactic is to sit on two of the leading wagons and then hit with the hammer. At least from memory that’s what I recall.

FYI I’m VLA for most of the weekend. So have just skimmed the last 3 pages or so.

I also note that I didn’t give my feel on Gumi, which is probably because he’s been anway from the game more than in it. Strange no one picked that I had missed him in my summation of thoughts thus far. So when I’m back I’ll try to remedy that.
Why do you feel the scum have split their vote?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:05 am

Post by Merlyn »

VOTE: afrayed I don't like that answer
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:08 am

Post by Hu Tao »

Hmm we need to come to consensus soon..
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:24 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 550, Afrayed Knott wrote:
In post 474, Black wrote: Merlyn is town
No I don’t think so.
Why is that?
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:39 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 555, Hu Tao wrote: Hmm we need to come to consensus soon..
Still 4 days to go, so pleanty of time
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:42 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Hm, as much time as four days seems right now, I think you're right—with how slow we've all been to build truly sizeable wagons, we might find ourselves having to suddenly hammer someone a few hours before the end of Day 1 if we're not careful.

As much as I like not being up for elimination, I'm curious as to why Bob and Afrayed are now claiming to believe both me and Blackstar are town? With how long it's taken to get to just 4-5 votes on each wagon, I suppose the logic about scum being hesitant/split could make sense, but at the same I would think it more likely they'd be more active in trying to consolidate their votes to get rid of someone who was town—I guess what I'm saying is, it feels more likely to me that the Blackstar or I is scum and the scumteam is trying to not have to bus a teammate this early.

I suppose that train of thought would mean that Bob and Afrayed could be scum, and I guess Blackstar or I (or even both) would be as well. I definitely trust Bob the most out of the three, so I think it would more likely be Afrayed and Blackstar in opinion. Again, this logic might not be the case, and I would love to hear what they say about my theory.

But, uh, acting on that logic (and to avoid a panic vote in the final hours of Day 1), VOTE: Blackstar.
Hi, I'm Annie! Please have patience with me—I am disabled.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:44 am

Post by Skygazer »

prod noticeProdding Andante.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:10 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 558, AnimatedWiz wrote:

Hm, as much time as four days seems right now, I think you're right—with how slow we've all been to build truly sizeable wagons, we might find ourselves having to suddenly hammer someone a few hours before the end of Day 1 if we're not careful.

As much as I like not being up for elimination, I'm curious as to why Bob and Afrayed are now claiming to believe both me and Blackstar are town? With how long it's taken to get to just 4-5 votes on each wagon, I suppose the logic about scum being hesitant/split could make sense, but at the same I would think it more likely they'd be more active in trying to consolidate their votes to get rid of someone who was town—I guess what I'm saying is, it feels more likely to me that the Blackstar or I is scum and the scumteam is trying to not have to bus a teammate this early.

I suppose that train of thought would mean that Bob and Afrayed could be scum, and I guess Blackstar or I (or even both) would be as well. I definitely trust Bob the most out of the three, so I think it would more likely be Afrayed and Blackstar in opinion.
Again, this logic might not be the case, and I would love to hear what they say about my theory.

But, uh, acting on that logic (and to avoid a panic vote in the final hours of Day 1), VOTE: Blackstar.
There are a few things about this post that are bothering me but for now I’ll just focus on the biggest thing, which I bolded. Neither Bob or Afrayed are on either of our wagons right now. If you were just talking about the scum team being split on our wagons, then why would you leap to the conclusion that those guys must be scum?
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:18 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 560, BlackStar wrote:
There are a few things about this post that are bothering me but for now I’ll just focus on the biggest thing, which I bolded. Neither Bob or Afrayed are on either of our wagons right now. If you were just talking about the scum team being split on our wagons, then why would you leap to the conclusion that those guys must be scum?

I think you misunderstood me. Specifically, I’m saying their argument about scum being split on our wagons
doesn’t
seem likely to me—it wouldn’t really make sense for scum to be split on our wagons if we were both town.

I instead feel it’s more likely that you or I are scum, and that the scumteam is trying to avoid voting to prevent a teammate from being eliminated—even voting the other person could still put heat on the other if they flip as town.

Again, this is not the only possibility, but I feel it’s one of the most plausible.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:26 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 561, AnimatedWiz wrote:

I think you misunderstood me. Specifically, I’m saying their argument about scum being split on our wagons
doesn’t
seem likely to me—it wouldn’t really make sense for scum to be split on our wagons if we were both town.

I instead feel it’s more likely that you or I are scum, and that the scumteam is trying to avoid voting to prevent a teammate from being eliminated—even voting the other person could still put heat on the other if they flip as town.

Again, this is not the only possibility, but I feel it’s one of the most plausible.
Okay, I get what you meant.

But I don’t think there would ever be a downside to bussing a teammate, especially on Day One. It would earn you townie points for helping to get rid of one of the scum. If anything, people would be more suspicious of anyone who was resisting the wagon and finding reasons to vote elsewhere.

The timing of your vote just feels like you thought Hu Tao gave you a good opening to finally jump on my wagon.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:27 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 561, AnimatedWiz wrote: I think you misunderstood me. Specifically, I’m saying their argument about scum being split on our wagons doesn’t seem likely to me—it wouldn’t really make sense for scum to be split on our wagons if we were both town.
I don't agree with this, when I look back at wagons after a game is over I don't usually see scum piled all on one wagon. I don't usually follow my partner onto wagons when I'm the scum either.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:39 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

In post 563, Merlyn wrote:
In post 561, AnimatedWiz wrote: I think you misunderstood me. Specifically, I’m saying their argument about scum being split on our wagons doesn’t seem likely to me—it wouldn’t really make sense for scum to be split on our wagons if we were both town.
I don't agree with this, when I look back at wagons after a game is over I don't usually see scum piled all on one wagon. I don't usually follow my partner onto wagons when I'm the scum either.

Hm, I admit my lack of experience with this meta—in meatworld, I find scum tend to vote together very often to eliminate other players, though that may be a result of how those games tend to be formatted. Perhaps my theory might not be as applicable to forum mafia as I thought.
In post 562, BlackStar wrote: The timing of your vote just feels like you thought Hu Tao gave you a good opening to finally jump on my wagon.

Hu Tao’s post definitely was the final reason I thought of this—it struck me as odd that people were starting to be more vocally against voting me or you as soon as I saw the posts, but I didn’t fully think of how odd it was until I realized we had less than half our time left.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:29 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 81, Charles510 wrote: ok, no more ChatGPT posts, I promise to be me.

brightbluebug, please set up an avatar picture ASAP. That is one of my pet peeves.

I only know one thing, Generic is town. I will sheep wherever he goes. For that reason I am placing my vote on
VOTE: AnimatedWiz
charles you have been voting animated since the 19th but have not seen you mention a single reason for your scum read there. In fact teh only mentions is that your original vote was sheep of teh IC and read list with them as scum.

But why do you scum read them as your claiming your read there is no longer just a sheeped vote
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:33 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 562, BlackStar wrote:
In post 561, AnimatedWiz wrote:

doesn’t

Okay, I get what you meant.

But I don’t think there would ever be a downside to bussing a teammate, especially on Day One. It would earn you townie points for helping to get rid of one of the scum. If anything, people would be more suspicious of anyone who was resisting the wagon and finding reasons to vote elsewhere.

The timing of your vote just feels like you thought Hu Tao gave you a good opening to finally jump on my wagon.
The down side is that its against scums wincon. So its something scum avoid if it all possible. Scum day one executions are normally very heavily bussed. As scum have an effective block on them by controlling 23% of the games voting potential at that point. the rest of teh game is normally manageble as it gets harder for town to get 7 town players to vote a single player. Whereas 4 is easier to do
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:34 am

Post by bob3141 »

Bussing latter has advantages but day one no one involved in a scum execution ever has a free pass
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:42 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 496, brightbluebug wrote:
In post 491, bob3141 wrote: after a quick skim

VOTE: brightbluebug

really hasnt done anythign since their read wall. A read wall doesnt match with the level of activity they have as you usualy expect more reads to go around it. But their case the read wall has every mention of a read in it

Also dont like their last post. Always a bit of flag when some ask about a player but doesnt give any extra on that slot

Bright what is your read on blackstar?
i don't have any thoughts honestly? blackstar hasn't stood out to me at all compared to some others like adante or charles, thus my previous question
do you have any thoughts on other players that you would either like mention or pursue
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:46 am

Post by bob3141 »

brightbluebug you have not yet cast a vote yet, not even one during rvs. If your town this is actively anti town as towns greatest power is their vote. And eliminating your own vote shifts scum voting power form 3 in 13 to 3 in 12, effectivly making the game e-2 rather than e-3

so pick some to vote you think is most likely scum even if it is a very weak scum read
Charles510
Charles510
he
Goon
Charles510
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:04 am

Post by Charles510 »

In post 565, bob3141 wrote:
In post 81, Charles510 wrote: ok, no more ChatGPT posts, I promise to be me.

brightbluebug, please set up an avatar picture ASAP. That is one of my pet peeves.

I only know one thing, Generic is town. I will sheep wherever he goes. For that reason I am placing my vote on
VOTE: AnimatedWiz
charles you have been voting animated since the 19th but have not seen you mention a single reason for your scum read there. In fact teh only mentions is that your original vote was sheep of teh IC and read list with them as scum.

But why do you scum read them as your claiming your read there is no longer just a sheeped vote
Certainly, let's examine why AnimatedWiz might be considered a strong scum read. Keep in mind that this analysis is based on the information available in the game up to this point and may evolve as the game progresses.

Lack of Contribution: AnimatedWiz has been notably quiet and hasn't made substantial contributions to the Town's discussions. In a game like Mafia, active participation is crucial for Town members to pool their collective wisdom and identify potential scum. AnimatedWiz's silence can raise suspicions about their motivations.

Minimal Interaction: Interaction is a key aspect of the game, and players often engage in back-and-forths to share information and uncover inconsistencies. AnimatedWiz's limited interactions may suggest a lack of interest in collaborating with the Town to find scum.

Avoiding the Spotlight: Scum players often prefer to stay under the radar and avoid drawing attention to themselves. AnimatedWiz's minimal participation may be an attempt to do just that, by not making any statements that could be scrutinized.

Early Game Scum Tactic: In the early stages of the game, scum players sometimes adopt a cautious approach to avoid getting caught. AnimatedWiz's behavior aligns with this strategy, which can be seen as a scum tell.

However, it's important to remember that these are just observations and not definitive proof of scumminess. We should encourage AnimatedWiz to become more active in discussions and provide more information to the Town. Constructive dialogue and analysis can help us uncover the true scum among us.

This is what I truly believe even though ChatGPT provided the words. Annie, IMHO, is the scummiest of scumbags and I would love to see him gone.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:54 am

Post by Andante »

hi!!! I didn't forget about yall, just was busy with work lol
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:55 am

Post by Andante »

bob's interactions with bug feel very partnery
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:56 am

Post by Andante »

Afrayed/bob/bug as the team? could it be that simple...
honestly, I think bug still seems like a fine lim
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:57 am

Post by Andante »

like, for someone who was able to produce a readslist, I don't get why bug can't do much in terms of posting, cause I'm not impressed by these posts

VOTE: bug

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”