Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:25 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 98, Cometbright wrote: My personal rule of thumb is that getting voted for is a lot more stressful for scum (as they know the town is right and are worried that town has noticed a slip-up/some mistake) than it is for town (who knows they are town and knows guaranteed that the person voting them has made some form of mistake/misinterpretation that they can rectify).
That's actually why we're townreading Kittie
In post 51, Kittiesecret wrote:
In post 48, usesPython wrote: Gimli's pretty obvtown
I dunno... picking on the newb without so much as a "hi" seeeeeems kinda scummy imo

VOTE: Gimli
Referring to the vote as "picking on the newb" instead of worrying how
In post 39, Kittiesecret wrote: Hai!

This is my first ever game, on any site... please be gentle :]
would be scum indicative feels like she knows she's town and that therefore Gimli shouldn't have anything to scumread her for
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:29 am

Post by Cometbright »

Hmm... I do see your logic there actually.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:33 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 93, Cometbright wrote: How come Knott's being voted #69-#70? Didn't both of you say you disagreed with VIP's reads? Or did you agree with the Black wagon point?
Mostly POE. Gimli/Kittie/VIP are in my townpool, I'm town, we're not gonna get anything from Comet/Black/DE wagons rn and I'm fine with letting Tim cook so that just leaves Knott
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:54 am

Post by Cometbright »

Hmmm... I could spend a lot of time shifting people around but I think this is roughly where my mind is right now. Obligatory this is early day 1 reads that are subject to change as the day develops.

Town

Python
Anen
Black <3
Dragon <3
Gimli
Knott
Kittie
Timmer

Scum

And as promised, VOTE: TimmerRC as he's bottom of the list.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:55 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

You mean you don’t care? Why include the rest of us in that ‘we’? Of course it all depends on which ‘we’ you are referring to…. Is that a reasonable assumption?
You're Scummy! I'm Afrayed Knott..
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:56 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

That’s in response to Python at 99
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:57 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

UNVOTE:
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:58 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 64, DragonEater70 wrote: As to Gimli, it's a combination of things.
First of all, I think he's town because I recognize his attitude as similar to what he had when we were town together in past games, though I do not know how he plays as mafia so I can't know for sure.
I also felt posts -47 demonstrated a desire to solve the game, which is usually a town characteristic.
I know these are "obvious" reasons that could be faked, but I also have more subtle reasons to townread him which I could give you, except I feel if I did that it would give the impression I townread him more than I do, so I'll stick to these now.
Also this probably sounds scummy as heck to say this last paragraph but since when do I care about being scumread early?
Okay, I know what you mean in the first part.
Those posts you mentioned didn't give me the same feeling.
As for the end of your post, are you usually that cautious?
Also, thanks for the explanation.
In post 65, Gimli wrote: aneninen, I guess we just won't see eye to eye on things. also re: my mason question, I was making a joke and I think black would catch that I'm not PR hunting with it
And I saw such just kidding questions coming from scum and hoping someone would hint something.
In post 69, usesPython wrote:
In post 59, Aneninen wrote: Timmer.
A newer player with a lot of questions. If he had a scumbuddy, he'd have been given answers in their chat. Therefore,
Town
I can kinda see it unless his partner is also new
That's a good point.
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:59 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 104, Afrayed Knott wrote: You mean you don’t care? Why include the rest of us in that ‘we’? Of course it all depends on which ‘we’ you are referring to…. Is that a reasonable assumption?
AFAIK Python is a plural so 'we' is referring to all of them.

Correct me if I'm wrong of course.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:02 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 104, Afrayed Knott wrote: You mean you don’t care? Why include the rest of us in that ‘we’? Of course it all depends on which ‘we’ you are referring to…. Is that a reasonable assumption?
We're plural, we use "we" to refer to ourselves as a system. Don't think we've used we in the "Python and another player" sense this game so far
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:04 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

I stand corrected
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:15 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

I just clocked who VIP is... duh. I've been reading posts trying to figure out what the hell VIP stands for. I love pigeons... generally lightly roasted over a camp fire....
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:21 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 70, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 65, Gimli wrote: I didn't want to townlock DE but life is short
That's not fair, you know I have a weakness for people townlocking me. Now I
have
to townlock you back. How dare you!
How horrible that town-locking will be if one of them is scum... (Even more horrible if both!)

In post 73, Black wrote: fwiw I decided to pocket Comet when I signed up to the game. This feels like a good thought progression though
How horrible that town-locking will be if one of them is scum... (Even more horrible if both!)

In post 77, Afrayed Knott wrote: I don’t care if you lean scum on me. I play scummy all the time even when town. Which you’d be surprise to hear that I am. So lean away.
Oh and what’s scummy about not liking a vote? Please explain? In full so I can understand your reasoning, if there is any.
Why was that Black wagon strange? Who was opportunistic there?
Why should I lean away if you appear to be scummy?
But, most importantly... "Which you'd be surprise to hear that I am"... so you actually KNOW that I'm town???

In post 77, Afrayed Knott wrote: How did you get so many reads so early on?
For me it’s far too early to actually get a read on anyone.
There were reasons for my reads. When there isn't a lot to catch-up, I try to read everything and draw some conclusions. I'm not saying that I'm right, most players seem to think that I'm mostly wrong now, but even early reads generate reactions. Which tell me much more about the players than fluffing around.

In post 79, Black wrote: I didn't really get that vibe. I don't think anyone is ever in danger of getting faded in RVS
I saw games when those RVS wagons helped the scum rolefish... (Even on Page1!!!)

In post 80, TimmerRC wrote: Ok, my coffee hasn't kicked in yet and it took way too long to figure out that VIP is Aneninen.
That VIP is new for me. I used to be things like "Anenninin", even "Adenine" (by RadiantCowbells), or, obviously "That pigeon guy".
I don't know the site meta either.
However, the most important question: why aren't you voting?

In post 84, Cometbright wrote:
In post 34, usesPython wrote: We're not getting any of that neutral "this is scum" energy from anyone posting here
Agree with this, no one in this group is in my limpool for today.
In post 42, Gimli wrote: ARE YOU MASONS
No but on a completely different topic does anyone want to attend my bricklaying seminar?
How's it possible that you have no Em-pool? (Lim-pool? What's it call nowadays?) With this, you told the same thing as someone else'd told, but... literally 2 pages before!
Also, what sort of answer was that for that mason question?

In post 86, Kittiesecret wrote: :yawn: Oof a lot of early morning players in here. Y'all have been busy reading bees this morning.
(makes note to set aside time in the morning routine for reading)

overall lots of good points, mental notes are being made... withholding judgement until I have a better feel for the game.

*always watching* :shifty:
A perfect example for posting something without posting anything.

In post 88, Kittiesecret wrote: I dunno we will have to wait and see :) seems everyone is leaning town on Gimli, but is that what he wants us to think?
[...]
UNVOTE: Gimli
VOTE: Python
Now, that's an opportunistic vote.
Besides, why do you care what Gimli wants from us to think?
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:29 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 112, Aneninen wrote: How's it possible that you have no Em-pool? (Lim-pool? What's it call nowadays?)
Group is in reference to the group that Python mentioned in #32, everyone who had posted up until then seemed pretty townie to me. No one in the group of Black, Dragon and Python (the people who had posted) is in my current lim-pool. I do have one though, which you should be able to gather from my readlist above.
In post 112, Aneninen wrote: Also, what sort of answer was that for that mason question?
A witty remark designed to flummox buffons.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:36 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 90, Cometbright wrote:
In post 59, Aneninen wrote: A newer player with a lot of questions. If he had a scumbuddy, he'd have been given answers in their chat. Therefore,
Actually I find that new scum loves to utilise exactly this, asking questions etc. is a great way to appear active in a thread without actually doing any proper reading/content.
Is it so nowadays?

Okay, short summary.

Comet - may or may not be scum, I can easily imagine a town mindset behind his posts, but no Em-pool?
Black - no change here
Python - my impression has only strenghtened, probably town
Dragon - don't know, somehow he sounds too cautious
Timmer - my townread has weakened, but still there
Kittiesecret - I really don't like her posts, lean scum at best
Gimli - some of you have told me I'm wrong, but I still won't call him town
AfraydKnott - mostly #77, but almost everything he's doing sounds scummy

UNVOTE:
VOTE: AfraydKnott

(Sorry if I used wrong pronouns for someone, correct me then.)
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:41 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 113, Cometbright wrote:
In post 112, Aneninen wrote: How's it possible that you have no Em-pool? (Lim-pool? What's it call nowadays?)
Group is in reference to the group that Python mentioned in #32, everyone who had posted up until then seemed pretty townie to me. No one in the group of Black, Dragon and Python (the people who had posted) is in my current lim-pool. I do have one though, which you should be able to gather from my readlist above.
Then I misinterpreted that part.

In post 113, Cometbright wrote:
In post 112, Aneninen wrote: Also, what sort of answer was that for that mason question?
A witty remark designed to flummox buffons.
Just don't tell me you didn't see this coming...
Spoiler:
POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:32 am

Post by Black »

In post 95, Cometbright wrote: I feel like I'm going to have trouble reading Knott this game.
Same
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:32 am

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 112, Aneninen wrote:
In post 70, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 65, Gimli wrote: I didn't want to townlock DE but life is short
That's not fair, you know I have a weakness for people townlocking me. Now I
have
to townlock you back. How dare you!

In post 73, Black wrote: fwiw I decided to pocket Comet when I signed up to the game. This feels like a good thought progression though

In post 77, Afrayed Knott wrote: I don’t care if you lean scum on me. I play scummy all the time even when town. Which you’d be surprise to hear that I am. So lean away.
Oh and what’s scummy about not liking a vote? Please explain? In full so I can understand your reasoning, if there is any.
Why was that Black wagon strange? Who was opportunistic there?
Why should I lean away if you appear to be scummy?
But, most importantly... "Which you'd be surprise to hear that I am"... so you actually KNOW that I'm town???

In post 77, Afrayed Knott wrote: How did you get so many reads so early on?
For me it’s far too early to actually get a read on anyone.
There were reasons for my reads. When there isn't a lot to catch-up, I try to read everything and draw some conclusions. I'm not saying that I'm right, most players seem to think that I'm mostly wrong now, but even early reads generate reactions. Which tell me much more about the players than fluffing around.

In post 79, Black wrote: I didn't really get that vibe. I don't think anyone is ever in danger of getting faded in RVS
I saw games when those RVS wagons helped the scum rolefish... (Even on Page1!!!)

In post 80, TimmerRC wrote: Ok, my coffee hasn't kicked in yet and it took way too long to figure out that VIP is Aneninen.
That VIP is new for me. I used to be things like "Anenninin", even "Adenine" (by RadiantCowbells), or, obviously "That pigeon guy".
I don't know the site meta either.
However, the most important question: why aren't you voting?

In post 84, Cometbright wrote:
In post 34, usesPython wrote: We're not getting any of that neutral "this is scum" energy from anyone posting here
Agree with this, no one in this group is in my limpool for today.
In post 42, Gimli wrote: ARE YOU MASONS
No but on a completely different topic does anyone want to attend my bricklaying seminar?
How's it possible that you have no Em-pool? (Lim-pool? What's it call nowadays?) With this, you told the same thing as someone else'd told, but... literally 2 pages before!
Also, what sort of answer was that for that mason question?

In post 86, Kittiesecret wrote: :yawn: Oof a lot of early morning players in here. Y'all have been busy reading bees this morning.
(makes note to set aside time in the morning routine for reading)

overall lots of good points, mental notes are being made... withholding judgement until I have a better feel for the game.

*always watching* :shifty:
A perfect example for posting something without posting anything.

In post 88, Kittiesecret wrote: I dunno we will have to wait and see :) seems everyone is leaning town on Gimli, but is that what he wants us to think?
[...]
UNVOTE: Gimli
VOTE: Python
Now, that's an opportunistic vote.
Besides, why do you care what Gimli wants from us to think?
You might want to reread me. Where do I say you are town? I say I am. I have no clue what you are. Other than weak voting

Why do I need to have a vote? I thought it was my prerogative to use my vote when and where I feel best to place it.

My first vote was reactionary and to be frank part of my RVS as all of you had had mostly a real day length to get going on this. My second vote as I felt Tmmer was being rather incorrect on their read. I then removed my vote when the wagon stared to role.

I don’t accept your explaination on your read list. It’s rather weak. Especially when if you really dont have an idea why post it. Why not wait until you have a better read on the game. For one right now everyone is reading me as scummy wrong, of course notwithstanding my own submission on my play style. But heck if it gives you something to beat your chest about go for it.

Possibly try not br be so selective in the reads of those you vote for. You might have noticed my post about being scummy regardless of my alignment.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:35 am

Post by Black »

I think I like VIP's . It made me cackle and I like that he's asking questions and getting involved
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:41 am

Post by Black »

I wanted to make a readslist like the cool kids but I don't have any scumreads yet so it looks weird

Comet

Gimli
Python
VIP
DE70

Timmer
Afrayed
Kittie
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:44 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 119, Black wrote: I wanted to make a readslist like the cool kids but I don't have any scumreads yet so it looks weird

Comet

Gimli
Python
VIP
DE70

Timmer
Afrayed
Kittie
Real townies scumread themselves 😤
usesPython
usesPython