Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:00 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

I realize I have not properly introduced myself, and also that I've (quite rudely) interacted mainly with people I know and not so much with people I don't know.

Sorry 'bout that. Now let me fix it!

First, here's a proper introduction and a tip:

Hi, my name is DragonEater70, but you can call me Dragon! I like geeky things like books and DnD and video games (preferably local multiplayer, so I can have my friends yell excitedly right next to me, rather than through Discord) and Mafia.

My familiarity with Mafia and adjacent games (Avalon and Secret Hitler) spans over a decade, and although it has always been in my top 3 favorite games, I only got into trying the forum version of the game this February (and I got addicted). I think I am in the same boat as Black and usesPython regarding experience on this site - I have played a whole bunch of games (and learned quite a bit), but I still feel pretty new and I have a lot more to learn.

I encourage all the newer players (and returning players, and semi-experienced players) not to be shy and to ask questions if there's something you don't understand, whether it's site terminology, why a certain strategy is being followed, or why someone thinks someone or other is towny/scummy - I know I will :)

And now to addressing the people I don't know instead of ignoring them:

Kittie, I know am late but:
In post 51, Kittiesecret wrote:
In post 48, usesPython wrote: Gimli's pretty obvtown
I dunno... picking on the newb without so much as a "hi" seeeeeems kinda scummy imo

VOTE: Gimli
I totally get the mindset you are coming from. However in this site it is very common to look for any sort of social cue or tiny detail in people's posting (or lack thereof) in search for things that
could
be scummy, and then vote to get a reaction. I don't think your reaction is particularly scummy, but Gimli couldn't know what your reaction would be without voting you, and I guess he did see something about your post that he thought could be coming from scum.

Timmer:
Yo I looked at the account you named and it appears you last played here in 2011, over 12 years ago. This makes me feel really young because I was a small child back then who didn't even know English well enough to play Mafia online.
What do you think about usesPython and Afrayed Knott? And what do you think about Comet?

Knott:
I know I already OMGUSed, but do you care to explain the vote on me? I thought it was RVS earlier but now it looks more like a serious vote so I'd like to have it explained.
(I know I'm kinda late because you switched to TImmer, but I haven't read the last 2 pages yet so you'll have to excuse my slowness)
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:01 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 117, Afrayed Knott wrote: You might want to reread me. Where do I say you are town? I say I am. I have no clue what you are. Other than weak voting
This.
"I play scummy all the time even when town. Which you’d be surprise to hear that I am. So lean away."
It may be only me, but it sounds as if you knew my alignment.
In post 117, Afrayed Knott wrote: My first vote was reactionary and to be frank part of my RVS as all of you had had mostly a real day length to get going on this. My second vote as I felt Tmmer was being rather incorrect on their read. I then removed my vote when the wagon stared to role.
Wait-oh. You voted Timmer because of being incorrect? You consider my reads incorrect, aren't you? And you're not voting either for me or for Timmer? Actually, you're not voting at all. Besides, if thinking that having incorrect reads were scummy, about 3 players would be voting for me right now.
What you're saying doesn't add up.
In post 117, Afrayed Knott wrote: I don’t accept your explaination on your read list. It’s rather weak. Especially when if you really dont have an idea why post it.
I do have idea why I'm posting it. For example, reactions to a list can be indicative.
In post 117, Afrayed Knott wrote: Possibly try not br be so selective in the reads of those you vote for. You might have noticed my post about being scummy regardless of my alignment.
How exactly should I have noticed that?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:04 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Oooooh nice pagetop.

This is going to be my first triplepost this game because there's just so much to respond to.
pedit: nvm
In post 71, Gimli wrote: you're overtly towny, I don't know how you do it lol (lowkey hoping you're scum and the game is hard)
It's just a combination of good communication skills, my natural charm, and being honest to a fault.
In post 76, Black wrote: I agree with Gimli. DE70 feels townie so far
Okay if the Newbie Scum Queen herself is calling me town, I guess I must be town. Oh well, I'm just gonna throw myself in the townbin then.
(Did I mention flattery as a skill I possess?)
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:22 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 118, Black wrote: I think I like VIP's . It made me cackle and I like that he's asking questions and getting involved
I don't know why it was funnier than my other posts nearby.
Actually I'm pretty much doing the same as scum. And this goes for everyone.

In post 119, Black wrote: I wanted to make a readslist like the cool kids but I don't have any scumreads yet so it looks weird

Comet

Gimli
Python
VIP
DE70

Timmer
Afrayed
Kittie
Ooooooooooooor, you're trying to be nice to everyone, which is scummy.
(Irrelevant fact: that "oooooor" sounds much better in my native language and when one of my daughters say that. Try to imagine it. Oh. Never mind.)

In post 121, usesPython wrote: I don't think pressure voting Knott is giving us anything on them

VOTE: Black do something interesting
I think the opposite.
That's not a bad vote, though.

Am I the only one who thinks Dragon's #125 and #127 added very little relevant content to the game? (Please, please, someone tell me how to make a link out of a post number! I simply can't remember that!) I guess I'll have hard time reading him.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:30 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 128, Aneninen wrote:
In post 121, usesPython wrote: I don't think pressure voting Knott is giving us anything on them

VOTE: Black do something interesting
I think the opposite.
That's not a bad vote, though.
Knott seems like the type of player that doesn't handle pressure well and just ends up in a feedback loop of looking scummier and scummier regardless of their actual alignment
In post 128, Aneninen wrote: Am I the only one who thinks Dragon's #125 and #127 added very little relevant content to the game? (Please, please, someone tell me how to make a link out of a post number! I simply can't remember that!) I guess I'll have hard time reading him.
[ post ]125[ /post ] without the spaces
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:30 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In other news:
In post 83, Cometbright wrote:
In post 33, DragonEater70 wrote: Well go ahead and vote me

In fact, I'll make you a deal. If you vote me in your next post, I'll join you and vote myself. How's that?
Dragon it's page two lmao this is a pretty wild gambit to be doing this early. I mean I'm pretty sure I've seen you do stuff like this as town before so I'm not reading it scummy as I would have with anyone else, but I doubt Python is going to have a solid position on you this early. Feels strange to do a self-vote play when the cases are nowhere near confident yet.
Nooooooooooo

I can't believe Comet rolled scum without me! And on her first scum game, too!

I'm really sorry, Comet. I wish I could be scum with you :( :( :(

VOTE: Comet

Also, I did not comment on this due to my self-imposed posting restriction, but I figure better late than never:
In post 26, Cometbright wrote: she seems rather calm about being suddenly transported to the feywild... perhaps she's an Archfey Warlock?
Wow, I completely missed somehow that you are a DnD GM. That's sick! And you keep becoming more and more awesome every time we play, this has to stop somewhere!
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:31 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

btw if these dividing lines are annoying, let me know and I'll stop.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:33 am

Post by Gimli »

I'm fully on board with the comet wagon
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:34 am

Post by Black »

Comet is town
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:36 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 112, Aneninen wrote:
In post 70, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 65, Gimli wrote: I didn't want to townlock DE but life is short
That's not fair, you know I have a weakness for people townlocking me. Now I
have
to townlock you back. How dare you!
How horrible that town-locking will be if one of them is scum... (Even more horrible if both!)

In post 73, Black wrote: fwiw I decided to pocket Comet when I signed up to the game. This feels like a good thought progression though
How horrible that town-locking will be if one of them is scum... (Even more horrible if both!)

Are you somehow insinuating that all 4 of us are scum? Or that scum would mutually townlock like this? In a NEWBIE??

Also I skimmed the rest of the post and aren't you like pushing 6 different people as possible scum? Don't you think it's a bit too many?
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:38 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 132, Gimli wrote: I'm fully on board with the comet wagon
I have no opinion about a comet wagon

VOTE: Comet
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:38 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 133, Black wrote: Comet is town
I know you are contractually obligated to say this, but unfortunately she's not.

You can tell by the fact that she's not townlocking both of me and you, and her hesitation on us is really forced.
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:43 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 130, DragonEater70 wrote: I can't believe Comet rolled scum without me! And on her first scum game, too!
I'm sorry Dragon, I petitioned the mod to put you in a team with me and everything.
In post 130, DragonEater70 wrote: Wow, I completely missed somehow that you are a DnD GM.
I am! I'm doing a big ol' homebrew cowboy western-style campaign right now but with magic and demons chucked in, it's a little stressful NGL but the players seem to be enjoying it :)
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:43 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 136, DragonEater70 wrote: You can tell by the fact that she's not townlocking both of me and you, and her hesitation on us is really forced.
Tbf I haven't townlocked you but I have said you're not in my day 1 limpool, that's not *nothing*.
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:45 am

Post by Cometbright »

(Friend wants to grab my ear for an hour or so but please chuck your questions at me and I'll answer em when I'm back.)
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:47 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 119, Black wrote: I wanted to make a readslist like the cool kids but I don't have any scumreads yet so it looks weird

Comet

Gimli
Python
VIP
DE70

Timmer
Afrayed
Kittie
I know the struggle Image
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:55 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 137, Cometbright wrote: I'm sorry Dragon, I petitioned the mod to put you in a team with me and everything.
Oh I'm sure you did because I would also do it if it were allowed.
In post 137, Cometbright wrote: I am! I'm doing a big ol' homebrew cowboy western-style campaign right now but with magic and demons chucked in, it's a little stressful NGL but the players seem to be enjoying it :)
Sounds cool as heck, I need you to tell me more about this outside the game.
In post 138, Cometbright wrote: Tbf I haven't townlocked you but I have said you're not in my day 1 limpool, that's not *nothing*.
It isn't *nothing*, but the hedge on me just feels really forced, and I see no reason why Python and Pigeon should be higher than both me and Black on your readlist. Like if you gave a good reason to TR them it would be different but i don't feel you have. Also like saying "Black locktown confirmed" and then putting her number 3 in your reads is ???
I feel you are trying to be too logical in how you approach your reads instead of relying on your gut, except that you as town do rely on gut so it really feels off tone-wise and trajectory-wise.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:56 am

Post by Aneninen »

Like this? Oh, FINALLY! Thanks!
Have you got experience with Knott? Or is it a kind of Miss Marple tell?
[A concept I used long ago. If a newer or unknown player plays in a way as another player I know do, they often have the same alignment. This works only on relatively new players, though. Actually this is exactly why I think you're town... but for me, right now, everyone's new.]

Dragon, - Care to explain this for someone who doesn't know your/their meta?

Gimli, - You're okay with the Comet wagon, yet you're not voting for her. (Him? Them?) How does this add up?

Dragon, - I think you misunderstood me. I strongly think that lock-towning on Day1 is terrible. If someone manages to get into a lock-pair (or even worse, a block) as scum, we'll have hard times later. I'm not saying all these four players (Gimli, you, Comet, Black) are scum. But I strongly think at least one scum is there in these two pairs. Maybe two. Also, it's a possibility that a scum-pair lock-towns each other and when one of them flips scum, people will ignore the possibility that the other one's scum too, because it would be soooo stupid if scums buddied each other...
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:59 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 128, Aneninen wrote: (Irrelevant fact: that "oooooor" sounds much better in my native language and when one of my daughters say that. Try to imagine it. Oh. Never mind.)
I actually tried and it sounds pretty cute.
In post 142, Aneninen wrote: Dragon, 130 - Care to explain this for someone who doesn't know your/their meta?

I believe I just did in
In post 142, Aneninen wrote: Dragon, 134 - I think you misunderstood me. I strongly think that lock-towning on Day1 is terrible. If someone manages to get into a lock-pair (or even worse, a block) as scum, we'll have hard times later. I'm not saying all these four players (Gimli, you, Comet, Black) are scum. But I strongly think at least one scum is there in these two pairs. Maybe two. Also, it's a possibility that a scum-pair lock-towns each other and when one of them flips scum, people will ignore the possibility that the other one's scum too, because it would be soooo stupid if scums buddied each other...
Okay that makes a lot better sense. I think the scum in this 4 is Comet so you are welcome to look at her posts and judge for yourself.
In post 142, Aneninen wrote: her. (Him? Them?)
Her.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:00 am

Post by Black »

In post 141, DragonEater70 wrote: Also like saying "Black locktown confirmed" and then putting her number 3 in your reads is ???
I don't want to speak for Comet but I'm 99% sure that was a joke
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:02 am

Post by Aneninen »

Oh, you've already started to explain your Comet read...

By the way, you think Comet's scum. Yet you replied to Black that you knew the struggle (of not finding scumreads). Can you explain this?

(Posts are coming meanwhile. But I'll react those later.)
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:04 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 145, Aneninen wrote: By the way, you think Comet's scum. Yet you replied to Black that you knew the struggle (of not finding scumreads). Can you explain this?
Sure:
I meant I know the struggle in general, not from this game specifically.
Though even right now as I type this I realize i only have one scumread, which is much too little.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:06 am

Post by Black »

In post 136, DragonEater70 wrote: You can tell by the fact that she's not townlocking both of me and you, and her hesitation on us is really forced.
Ironically I think your read here feels a little forced
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:07 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 144, Black wrote: I don't want to speak for Comet but I'm 99% sure that was a joke
I get this, but I still think it's ???

I was also joking when I called Gimli locktown but I would still put him in the top of my readlist right now. And definitely in his own tier* back then, right after I made that post.

*strong townread vs a bunch of weak to moderate townreads.

Pedit: sure, I do have to force a scumread here because it's still early game.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:09 am

Post by fferyllt »

allez
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”