usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:36 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 524, Black wrote:
In post 523, usesPython wrote: Like Black the overall vibe feels like the first newbie game we played with you where you were scum

-A
I'm interested in this read. Go on
In the background and present but not memorable, but when you read the actual posts you see stuff that technically counts as content even though your brain skips over it

-A
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:39 am

Post by usesPython »

It falls off into full on lurking after the 200th-ish post but for the parts where he's actually playing that's the vibe I'm getting

-A
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:43 am

Post by Black »

In post 525, usesPython wrote: In the background and present but not memorable, but when you read the actual posts you see stuff that technically counts as content even though your brain skips over it
Ok. What prompted this read?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:43 am

Post by Black »

In post 526, usesPython wrote: It falls off into full on lurking after the 200th-ish post but for the parts where he's actually playing that's the vibe I'm getting

-A
?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:44 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 527, Black wrote:
In post 525, usesPython wrote: In the background and present but not memorable, but when you read the actual posts you see stuff that technically counts as content even though your brain skips over it
wdym?

-A
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:45 am

Post by Black »

In post 529, usesPython wrote:
wdym?

-A
What in particular made you feel this way?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:46 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 530, Black wrote:
In post 529, usesPython wrote:
wdym?

-A
What in particular made you feel this way?
The whole ISO? I don't really get this

-A
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:47 am

Post by Black »

I'm trying to figure out if this read is real or if you're throwing it out now to discredit me after I voted for you

Like if you've felt this way about me why did you wait until now to say something?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:48 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 532, Black wrote: I'm trying to figure out if this read is real or if you're throwing it out now to discredit me after I voted for you

Like if you've felt this way about me why did you wait until now to say something?
I'm saying Tim this game feels like Black in Newbie 2111

-A
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:48 am

Post by Black »

Ugh. I completely misunderstood -_-
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:49 am

Post by Black »

makes sense now. My bad
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:58 am

Post by Black »

Looking over Tim's early stuff, the main difference I'm noticing is that he has some original points. In Newbie 2111 I pretty much sheeped people early and often

I'm willing to let Tim live for now in order to get a better read on whether his stuff is genuine or not
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:51 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

VIP I read your reply to me, and fine I get your viewpoint. Yes, it's true that scum would care about certain townies getting limmed over others, I meant in this gamestate it wouldn't really matter.
In post 489, Aneninen wrote: As far as I remember Comet's posts, I can give him a townread, too.
I know you've already acknowledged your error, but can you PLEASE make an effort to use the correct pronouns? It's actually really irritating.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:52 am

Post by fferyllt »

V1.7

A modern rendition of an Iroquois Oh-do-was spirit.

In Iroquois mythology Jo-ga-oh (Little People, are similar in some ways to European fairies. They are invisible nature spirits divided into three tribes: Ga-hon-ga, Gan-da-yah and Oh-do-was. All three tribes are benign to humans. Ga-hon-ga are river and rock dwellers who like to invite strength competitions with each other and with humans, usually involving lifting and throwing rocks. Gan-da-ya are agricultural spirits who protect and advise fruits and grains. Oh-do-was live in the underworld, which contains deep forests and magical creatures. They prevent malign spirits from entering the human world and causing death and chaos. O-do-was also protect against snakes.

Afraid Knott (3):
TimmerRC, Cometbright, Aneninen
TimmerRC (3):
usesPython, Afrayed Knott, DragonEater70
usesPython (2):
Gimli, Black
Gimli (1):
Kittiesecret

Not Voting (0):
no one

With 9 alive it takes 5 votes to eliminate

Deadline: October 15, Midnight US Eastern Time. Please note this falls on a Saturday and plan accordingly.

countdown: (expired on 2023-10-14 23:00:00)

Mod Notes
  • Please let me know if you see any problems with the vote counts
  • :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:56 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Honestly my eyes are glazing over when I try to read VIP's 1v1 with Knott. Does it even have a point?
In post 495, Gimli wrote: do your thing and let me sheep you
Pocket attempt
In post 496, Black wrote: Alright alright I'll get up. I lost my job yesterday so I'm just slightly depressed
Aw, that really sucks. Sorry to hear that.

Holy shit this quote wall by kittie is gonna take me a while to get through.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:06 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Wow I LOVE kittie's case on Gimli. kittie has really won me over as being town.

In post 499, Kittiesecret wrote: In post 48, usesPython wrote:
> Gimli's pretty obvtown

do you think that tho you voted for him twice thus far? this felt like a distraction
I disagree with this, this is how town players often play. If you look at my own play for instance, I went from townreading to scumreading to townreading Comet a bunch. It is entirely believable that Python would vote Gimli (in RVS!) and then think he's townie.
In post 499, Kittiesecret wrote: felt "mansplainy" and deceptive.
That's freaking hilarious.
In post 499, Kittiesecret wrote: In post 204, usesPython wrote:
Are people really metaing 7 year old games?

I found this interesting when they then went on to do the same thing...
That game is not 7 years old, it's about a month old.

Anyway I'm sold on scum Gimli tbh (without reading pages 21 and 22).
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:21 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 501, Black wrote: > In post 442, DragonEater70 wrote:
> Like I don't think anything actually alignment indicative happened before page 16 if I'm being honest, and you won't be getting any associatives from anything before that.
Do you actually believe this?
Yes and no. I know some AI things happened, but I also know that I don't really care about any of them to be fully honest? You know how everyone was complaining about nobody being scummy? It was because no one WAS being scummy. The game didn't have anything scum indicative happening. You remember that I had to force a scumread on PAGE SEVEN? Not page 2. Not page 3. PAGE SEVEN. I was forcing a scumread because there was nothing to scumread.
So that's what I mean when I say nothing AI happened.

And when I was saying the game is not out of RVS - yeah obviously it is "out of RVS" in the most literal sense because we're discussing things seriously and not voting people based on their username / alignment in a previous game / random whims.
What I meant was that the game hadn't started for real. The point of RVS is to give the game momentum. One player is being randomly wagoned for zero reason, when suddenly someone places them at E-1. Then people suspect that person (or TR that person, I don't care), and then people start voting the person who did that or the person who had a bad TR on that or whatever, and the game gains momentum.
I didn't feel ANY momentum in the game until page 17. Until that point it was exactly how Python described it - a lot of focus on "who is scum". But no momentum, no vibes, etc.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:22 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Unfortunately I'm running out of time so I'll finish the catchup tomorrow.
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:26 am

Post by TimmerRC »

Quick follow up to my earlier post about being overwhelmed... I had signed up for this thinking it was in a way a newbie game, which to my mind meant it would be a bit more low key, is.... this... what is considered simple and straightforward on this site, lol?

Like, the level of posting and the sheer amount of words in what is essentially nothing? Is this a quieter game by the site's standards?
There are 2 kinds of people in the world... those who can handle incomplete statements
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:30 am

Post by TimmerRC »

UNVOTE:

Removing my vote on afrayed as at this point I have no bearing on him.

This evening I will dedicate a solid hour to trying to piece some thoughts together
There are 2 kinds of people in the world... those who can handle incomplete statements
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:30 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 543, TimmerRC wrote: Quick follow up to my earlier post about being overwhelmed... I had signed up for this thinking it was in a way a newbie game, which to my mind meant it would be a bit more low key, is.... this... what is considered simple and straightforward on this site, lol?

Like, the level of posting and the sheer amount of words in what is essentially nothing? Is this a quieter game by the site's standards?
Day 1 in micros tend to be 20-50 pages long depending on the playerlist

-A
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:39 am

Post by TimmerRC »

In post 545, usesPython wrote:
In post 543, TimmerRC wrote: Quick follow up to my earlier post about being overwhelmed... I had signed up for this thinking it was in a way a newbie game, which to my mind meant it would be a bit more low key, is.... this... what is considered simple and straightforward on this site, lol?

Day 1 in micros tend to be 20-50 pages long depending on the playerlist

-A
Okay, good to know. I'm feeling smothered, lol. But, it just means taking a step back and reframing the reality of the game in my head and then re engaging, so tonight I'll begin that, I have no interest in bowing out.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:44 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 537, DragonEater70 wrote: I know you've already acknowledged your error, but can you PLEASE make an effort to use the correct pronouns? It's actually really irritating.
I'm just answering this part right now (it's late here).
Really, really, sorry, but it's hard for me to pay attention to this pronoun thing. Again, it wasn't a big deal five years ago. I'm not an offensive person, it's just not easy for me to get used to certain new things.
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:21 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 470, Afrayed Knott wrote: So having read what has transpired here since my last post I do acknowledge and accept why Dragon and Comet have picked up on on my reactions and more pointedly my posts and deemed them scummy. But there is a flip side to the argument as I see it, when you consider it was my side of the argument. I'm not discounting the theory presented around why town Comet would react the way in which she did, but then how would scum Comet react? I'm not sure, as I have very little to go on her. What is her play style like as both town and scum? And having never played her before how could I be held up for not trusting her. Although yes the reasoning is sound, for example in the light of day (literally) most would pick it up, I would too, but regardless of alignment. So why wouldn't a player with experience not pick it up regardless of which camp they sit in?
I'm not entirely sure what this is saying. Yes, town!Comet would react this way but also scum!Comet would react this way too potentially so picking up on a mistake and pushing it is scummy? I'm not saying that scum!Comet could not also point out a mistake you've made and push you over it - I'm saying that the act itself of pointing out you've done something that looks scummy and pushing you over it is not something you can really say is 'scummy behaviour' given you've also acknowledged that it's understandable why it would seem that way (if I've interpreted your posts right?).
In post 471, Afrayed Knott wrote: This I just don't get, why would you lim someone as they are a hard read, you are a hard read to me, as are most as I am fairly new to the game, even if you count my last forage into it. To me the only reason I can possibly come up with as to why you would say this is I might be close to the truth with regards to your alignment.
Think it through logically. The further a game goes on, the less room there is for mistakes/misexecutes. Tactically speaking you do not want people you have a lot of trouble reading to be there in the final three because you're going to be in a lot of trouble as you'll have to now try and read them to judge if they're town or scum and getting it wrong is game over. I'm not saying you being a hard real is the sole reason for me wanting a lim on you since that'd be pretty weak reasoning, but if I have a set of people I feel I'm more able to read/get a grasp of then yeah there is incentive for me to want to keep those people around as opposed to people I cannot read, right?

I know it might seem like I'm leaning in too hard here but the last game I was in I found scum day 1 in a similar manner where I pushed them as part of a group involved in something scummy and their subsequent reaction and attempts to push back and accuse me of being scummy in return felt so ingenuine and weird that I kept it up and sure enough following a roleclaim fiasco they were exposed as scum. I suppose in a way you're giving me similar vibes.
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:29 am

Post by Cometbright »

I'm probably going to drop it for now though because I feel like my last 10 posts on the matter have just been me repeating and rephrasing myself and there doesn't seem to be much support for it right now. I wish I could see the strong town vibes from Knott's posts that others seem to see - I'm just not getting it.

Moving onto the Timmer wagon that follows, arghhhhh... Timmer's still in my limpool but at the same time there's this vibe with him that he's the classic newbie!town who gets executed day 1 for not conforming/fitting into the gameplay as well as others. Yeah he's not posted much and when he does post there's not much to it so for that alone I don't think a lim on him is *awful* but... I dunno. I think if it comes to like the final three days and we're settling on a lim I'd be okay with it but I don't think he's scummy enough for me to be actively pushing at this point.

Now Timmer if you could post more and give me a reason to either more firmly townread you or scumread you, then that'd be awesome.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”