Toriel's Patience (end)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:24 pm

Post by beeboy »

In post 1296, Mandate wrote: 1) I don't even slightly agree that I misrepresented you, the only thing that approaches misrepresentation was your vote on Meuh which
I think I interpreted altogether reasonably

2) what's the endgame of misrepresenting you to get people to vote you to then decide not to Lim you without really engaging with any of your arguments as scum, like, isn't that just objectively picking a fight with you for no reason, if I'm going to derail as scum (why would I) wouldn't I be motivated to engage in this

You yourself commented that sometimes as town you cba to address people you aren't gonna be voting anyway and I have a particularly hard time interacting with you in productive ways so...

I think the take that your wagon was scum motivated is, like, 1.8/10 max on a good day from your point of view and frankly you should be way more concerned about people tmiing you town,
your iso just objectively isn't great my dude
and everything that is making you not get limmed falls into the "beeboy is wolfy but we think he's village for spicy reasons" category
In regards to the bolded I don't think you did and it is also half the point by now. I think you evaded talking about Dann with Ari and you evaded talking about my read. I don't even care if you can explain it at this point because it doesn't change the larger issue that you chose not to initially.

And while I said I would reply with 1-3 sentences I think doing so with warning is different from completely ghosting a discussion point all together? This feels like another misrepresentation ngl. I don't see how warning someone you'll do a small reply to not disrespect a wall is somehow comparable to just ghosting a post all together which is both different from a short reply and not something I would characterize as "trying to be respectful". Not to say ghosting isn't respectful or you need to be respectful in a game of mafia, it's just not actually comparable :V

Like what you can't be assed to reply to my post so you can instead spend your time calling them bad without context, that doesn't make sense.

Second bolded is kinda bs cause you barely supported that outside a point on my Meuh vote that you never really addressed me calling it out? You don't really care or want me to address the read is what I'm getting at.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Mandate
Mandate
Goon
Mandate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:28 pm

Post by Mandate »

How about you give me 24 hours and I'll more coherently explain why I voted you in the first place and we can revisit this discussion with that on the table

I have zero wim to do something like that right now but I do see (and agree with) the idea that you have a right to be bothered by my not addressing your arguments and then turning around and calling your reads bad
Mandate
Mandate
Goon
Mandate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:30 pm

Post by Mandate »

I mean I think that historically it is not an even slightly good argument for scumreading me but on a personal level I can see why it is shitty to play with
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:30 pm

Post by beeboy »

In post 1296, Mandate wrote: 2) what's the endgame of misrepresenting you to get people to vote you to then decide not to Lim you without really engaging with any of your arguments as scum, like, isn't that just objectively picking a fight with you for no reason, if I'm going to derail as scum (why would I) wouldn't I be motivated to engage in this
Unable to justify why you misrepresented me and or an inability to explain the Dann read. It's not an end goal it's just how town and scum react to making posts based on information they originally misunderstood. At the time of your post regardless of alignment you probably thought there was build up or some kind of grandiose to my Meuh read. Misrepresenting someone isn't scummy, it's how you move forward from it for the most part. Either by being so stubborn in certain ideas your town or by backpeddling after realizing the mistake. You don't really fall into either of those categories.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:33 pm

Post by beeboy »

In post 1301, Mandate wrote: How about you give me 24 hours and I'll more coherently explain why I voted you in the first place and we can revisit this discussion with that on the table

I have zero wim to do something like that right now but I do see (and agree with) the idea that you have a right to be bothered by my not addressing your arguments and then turning around and calling your reads bad
If you want, I'll never turn down a discussion, but you are talking like my read is like "I am voting you for misrepresenting me" when my read is "I am reading you because on multiple instances I found it strange you wouldn't engage in a discussion". You don't think that explaining your read to me is going to change anything on your end is going to change anything, I don't read you the way I am because you misrepresent me.

And explaining your initial read doesn't explain why you just chose to ignore my post? Which I assume your reply was just you couldn't be bothered to as you top post while voting me, and let's be real if a top poster went to you and said "I didn't feel like putting in the effort to talk to you as I voted you for not doing much" what would you do?
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:34 pm

Post by beeboy »

In post 1294, Meuh wrote: VOTE: Implosion
Let's nudge here, why don't we?
VOTE: implosion
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:35 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 1305, beeboy wrote:
????
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:39 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

You know what, i'm not gonna ask anymore, i'm just gonna hope someone that's good at the game gives me some guidance while I figure out where my head is at.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:44 pm

Post by beeboy »

In post 1306, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 1305, beeboy wrote:
????
I've just felt like voting implo for a bit ngl.
ignoring the obvious bits like, that vote doesn't clear them from being partners, i can be wrong on a read, and moving my vote around helps me change my view on the game.
Mandate
Mandate
Goon
Mandate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:45 pm

Post by Mandate »

I'm too deeneergized to do much rn

I'm just gonna sleep

Something something 3 posts later idk about Merlyn lol
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:52 pm

Post by Meuh »

Beeboy/me towncore so real
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:52 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

beeboy your view of the game feels unbelievable to me. I'd expect you to reevaluate if your poe was all players who voted for you not lean into it because your theory seems really unlikely to me.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:54 pm

Post by Meuh »

Yeah that’s kind of my main issue there too, I just don’t buy Beeboy’s overall perspective as being one a townie truly believes in, but I can see scum make it up
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:54 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1284, beeboy wrote: I think scum are either voting me or inactive right now.
And I don't think that's a bad way to think when part of the reason I'm being voted is poor content/lack of content when like there is multiple people doing less than me :V

It feels super strange to me.
I've explained my reads on everybody. I believe I've gone into at least some detail on why I am reading players as town. It's not really surprising, or it shouldn't be.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:55 pm

Post by Meuh »

I guess “overall perspective” is vague to the point where it can be applied to like any read ever, but I meant more their thoughts on like, the game stance and groups of people (such as the wagon on them)
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:58 pm

Post by Meuh »

I say “like” a lot :(
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:58 pm

Post by beeboy »

In post 1291, Meuh wrote:
In post 902, Meuh wrote: Beeboy voting for me is really confusing?
Cause seemingly he wants to shake things up to get people to acquire scumreads and also thinks there’s scum in active players… but like how does a vote on me accomplish either?
I’m not particularly active here, I have more posts than him but not even by a super significant amount and my posts haven’t been super content heavy, so idk how it fits into the idea of scum in the actives (unless “the actives” is the vast majority of players)
and I’m already being thrown out as a theoretical vote or an actual vote? Beeboy talks about the looming threat of a wagon on him or Alisae even though Shirou and I have had a much more real threat of one for a while? His vote doesn’t actually shake things up
It feels disjointed
I still hate Beeboy's vote on me and the gap between his outlook on the game and his actual actions, unless I missed something I don't think this has been resolved in the slightest
Not sure how to comment on this btw.
I kind of voted you on the notion of at the time people were talking about voting me but not voting me which was annoying me. So I basically went "its stupid to talk about voting someone then not do it since it costs nothing to vote someone", then I realized it was hypocritical of me to say that and not having a vote placed.

I am acting a lot on memory though but those were like my key feelings whether or not I actually made posts about it.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:05 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 1313, Dunnstral wrote: I've explained my reads on everybody. I believe I've gone into at least some detail on why I am reading players as town. It's not really surprising, or it shouldn't be.
can you explain the implosion townread?
You are always gonna be my love
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:10 pm

Post by beeboy »

In post 1311, Dunnstral wrote: beeboy your view of the game feels unbelievable to me. I'd expect you to reevaluate if your poe was all players who voted for you not lean into it because your theory seems really unlikely to me.
Idk maybe I play too many MU mashes where scum really do just pile votes down in large groups at a rate well above rand.
In my head its 1-2 scum on my wagon and 1-2 scum in the nulls or above which is reasonable to say imo even if the latter pool is people pushing me. I think the actual odds of there being 2 scum in a sample of 5 random people is actually pretty high as well :V

I maintain my stance because I think it's current 2 scum in my scum pool and 1 in the nulls feels reasonable to me. As much as there is a lot of ways to frame it as a bad take i should re-evaluate and I didn't notice how I was forming reads and sorta just doubled down when you made your post I still like buy what I was selling.

To address the more game based arguments made I don't think scum play around random Day 1 mid game vote counts that will be forgotten people don't usually VCA random mid points in the game from what I remember playing here or any of the other games I've played. I think that entire notion is more talk then something to care about in practice.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:12 pm

Post by Isis »

Votecount 1.4

Image() -
he/him

Dannflor
(0) -
he/him

Aristeia
(1) - Brown Eyes
She

Lazy Shirou
(0) -
He/him

Brown Eyes
(0) -

Meuh
(1) - Lazy Shirou
She/her

Sakura Hana
(1) - Dannflor
She/her

Merlyn
(1) - Mandate
she/her

Keyleth
(1) - Aristeia
She/her

Mandate
(1) - Merlyn

Alisae
(0) -

Taly
(0)
He/She

implosion
(2) - Meuh, beeboy
he/him

beeboy
(4) - implosion, Dunnstral, Toriel, Taly,

Not Voting
- Keyleth, Alisae, Sakura Hana (3)

(expired on 2023-11-17 12:17:50)
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:13 pm

Post by beeboy »

Like as much as people are floored by posts I am making at the same time am shocked people think that I me believing a group of 5 people voting me wouldn't contain multiple scum. It feels pretty likely to me actually.
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:42 pm

Post by Lazy Shirou »

In post 1296, Mandate wrote: your iso just objectively isn't great my dude and everything that is making you not get limmed falls into the "beeboy is wolfy but we think he's village for spicy reasons" category
who are you talking about here?

i feel like the consensus is that beeboy is scummy and other than me/Ali/Meuh I don't even remember anyone else being positive towards Beeboy

i may have just forgot it though
The Deathtunnel Archon Shirou without any of his aggro or hyperposting powers.

Legend says that one day he may reclaim his Gnosis and show his effortful form once again, but until that fated day comes...
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:45 pm

Post by Lazy Shirou »

given my lone vote on Meuh isn't doing much and the main alternative wagon is a townread of mine, I shall help poke this

Legend says that one day he may reclaim his Gnosis and show his effortful form once again, but until that fated day comes...
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:54 pm

Post by Lazy Shirou »

i guess you can try to argue (and many already have) that beeboy's readlist is kinda "convenient" with for example me that is defending them at the top along with the universal town Taly, and most people voting him at the bottom.

however my own readlist would be similar enough to his so i don't have an issue with it.

Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:00 pm

Post by Lazy Shirou »

i think if mandate is town here he currently has the wrong ideas about this game but who am i to claim that i'm right

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”