Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:28 pm

Post by Black »

In post 311, Elements wrote: Black, it feels like your read on Ari arose from vibing with her personality rather than her game content
Why do you not think Ari would come in with sharp quips as red team?
I think she could, but my gut tells me this is her "let's find scum and kill them" town mindset
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:29 pm

Post by Black »

In post 328, Elements wrote: Big hood

Daisy

Black
Everyone else

Small Hood

Ydra
Ari
Why am I so high?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:30 pm

Post by Dannflor »

and meuh's only real significant contribution to this game is which feels like a scum post

so im happy with a page 15 solve of ari/meuh
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:30 pm

Post by Elements »

In post 343, Ydrasse wrote: also tangentially i was reminded of the space game i played like two years ago offsite that you ran. that was a funny game
there was going to be a whole weather mechanic and building mechanic that would've made it probably terrible
also, do I know you?
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:31 pm

Post by Black »

In post 330, Dannflor wrote: black i am suspicious of you town reading me so easily and would be grateful if you would expand on what exactly is making you lean that way for me
I generally get town pings from players that see the same things I do. When reading through I saw this a few times (, , , )

I like your questions and it feels like we're thinking about the game on a similar wavelength
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:32 pm

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 344, OopsieDaisy wrote: If people want me to explain my read on El from an in-game context, I struggle to see why they choose to be in the small hood based on the fact that they're a player who doesn't get consistent early townreads in games (not even from me).

Like if the expectation is that the small hood gets the focus, and you know that you're a player who is often hovering in danger of mislims Day 1, why would that be a good idea? The only answer I find is the WIFOM angle.
I suppose there's a world where El is like, the sacrificial lamb for a nuts good player to be put in the better position. I can see a world where El and another player were discussing where to go and couldn't agree so El just took the L and small hooded it
Show
PSA - I have ADHD. This means I can be forgetful, impulsive, and emotional. Please try to be aware of this when reading me, thanks :]

"I hope you dont flip scum, you seem really sweet." - curiouskarmadog
"Oopsie is too wholesome to push" - Takutai
Wiki page
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:32 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 339, Dannflor wrote: VOTE: meuh
In post 340, OopsieDaisy wrote: VOTE: Meuh
In post 341, Elements wrote: VOTE: Meuh
:good: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :good:
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:32 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 348, Dannflor wrote: to expand, i think it is more focused on looking good than actually getting alignment indicative content from knott

i also think is kinda awkward and pockety?
for the knott part, it didn't seem off to me, i think he tries to reach out to people like that as town (usually giving them like, one chance) if she isn't confident that they're scum

the pocket on me probably worked though
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:33 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

typo obviously. she
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:33 pm

Post by Black »

In post 352, Dannflor wrote: and meuh's only real significant contribution to this game is which feels like a scum post

so im happy with a page 15 solve of ari/meuh
I like Meuh/x as a solve. Not sure if Ari is the partner though

I'm tentatively ok with fading Meuh but I want to give it more time
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:33 pm

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 346, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 344, OopsieDaisy wrote: If people want me to explain my read on El from an in-game context, I struggle to see why they choose to be in the small hood based on the fact that they're a player who doesn't get consistent early townreads in games (not even from me).

Like if the expectation is that the small hood gets the focus, and you know that you're a player who is often hovering in danger of mislims Day 1, why would that be a good idea? The only answer I find is the WIFOM angle.
this is interesting because - is that actually the expectation of the small hood? i feel like this setup's been ran enough that people who are familiar with it know that you can autowin on D1 which is an alluring choice.
afaik el's played this setup irl with me a lot and there the expectation is that the small hood is murdered every time. i only realised that going for the other hood might be good after this game started.
Show
PSA - I have ADHD. This means I can be forgetful, impulsive, and emotional. Please try to be aware of this when reading me, thanks :]

Wiki page
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:34 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 353, Elements wrote:
In post 343, Ydrasse wrote: also tangentially i was reminded of the space game i played like two years ago offsite that you ran. that was a funny game
there was going to be a whole weather mechanic and building mechanic that would've made it probably terrible
also, do I know you?
i played in that game!
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:35 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

under ares, that is
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:35 pm

Post by Meuh »

Pressuring me is probably good for the gamestate actually
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:36 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 357, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 348, Dannflor wrote: to expand, i think it is more focused on looking good than actually getting alignment indicative content from knott

i also think is kinda awkward and pockety?
for the knott part, it didn't seem off to me, i think he tries to reach out to people like that as town (usually giving them like, one chance) if she isn't confident that they're scum

the pocket on me probably worked though
it's not the reach out i have a problem with. there's specific ways that stuff is phrased within the post that feels a little over wrought from Ari and is reminiscent of posts i am drawn to make as scum because i know they will make me look good

like idk that town Ari actually feels like she needs to say "im sorry if this feels overwhelming"

like in general i just think the post is a bit over wrought and it could've been a couple paragraphs shorter and to the point and would've gotten the same amount across and the rest of it is for optics

and that is how i personally imagine town!ari would have written such a post

i might be wrong im not an Ari expert but that's what I'm feeling right now

I also believe that Elements doesn't put himself in a hood with Ari/ydra and I town read Ydrasse
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:36 pm

Post by Elements »

In post 360, OopsieDaisy wrote:

this is interesting because - is that actually the expectation of the small hood? i feel like this setup's been ran enough that people who are familiar with it know that you can autowin on D1 which is an alluring choice.
afaik el's played this setup irl with me a lot and there the expectation is that the small hood is murdered every time. i only realised that going for the other hood might be good after this game started.
I do not remember playing this setup ever
All my completed games
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:37 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i wish i had the willpower to go back and read all of the other iterations of this setup but i don't think it's been a foregone conclusion that small hood = always, i was in one of the runs of this where we got a day 1 win by elimming in the big one

i think that if you thought that, and by extension el thought that, it... idk. it does something to the hypothetical "who would have picked what". my brain isn't clicking the wires where they need to be immediately.

p-edit: !
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:38 pm

Post by Elements »

In post 362, Ydrasse wrote: under ares, that is
I was just trying to figure out who you were
All my completed games
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:38 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i played (1) game and then was gone into the night
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:39 pm

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 347, Black wrote:

If Elements is scum then wouldn't it make more sense to go into the small hood from this perspective? If they get faded in the big hood then it's just gg

I think scum!Elements would put herself into the small hood and try to keep the attention on the big hood just like she's been doing
I think covers this? I came into this game with the expectation that the small hood is the early lim zone so that's where someone who is good at avoiding early lims would go in my mind. Obvs if you get faded D1 as scum in the big hood it is GG but it's so much harder to get faded in a 1/6 than it is in a 1/3 right? The probability of the El misfade is a lot smaller if she would be in the big group imo.
Show

Wiki page
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:39 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

we had this discussion earlier and i did look at the other runs of this. it's mostly been small hood lim first (4 to 2) but the big hood lims have been more successful
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:41 pm

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 365, Elements wrote:

fr? that's crazy we've played it a good number of times at mafia. guess you weren't there then lol, my point dissipates :(
Show

Wiki page
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:47 pm

Post by Elements »

In post 371, OopsieDaisy wrote:
In post 365, Elements wrote:

fr? that's crazy we've played it a good number of times at mafia. guess you weren't there then lol, my point dissipates :(
what do you make of the fact I've said the opposite of what you've said about me picking hoods?
All my completed games
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess