For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #762 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:10 am

Post by Skygazer »

NorwegianboyEE has been banned from the site for at least one month for repeated instances of misgendering after repeatedly being asked to use specific non-neutral pronouns. This follows prior moderator actions related to misgendering and transphobia. He will need to be replaced in any ongoing games.

This ban also has a petition element, in light of his comments dismissive of the fact that misgendering causes harm. We also considered his past moderation history when deciding whether there is a risk of significant harm that necessitates a petition ban. We believe there is significant risk of continued misgendering of other users, so we are requiring a petition to be submitted for NorwegianboyEE to return to the site. He will be unbanned only after submitting a petition showing an understanding of why his behavior is unacceptable and a commitment to treating users of all identities with respect, including avoiding the use of neutral pronouns for users who state a preference for no neutral pronouns.

It is not acceptable to use neutral pronouns for a person that has stated a preference against neutral pronouns.
Last edited by lilith2013 on Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited for clarification & additional links
i have the most queues
replacement queue | upick queue
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #764 (isolation #1) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:05 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Titus has been banned from joining new mafia games for one week for continued misgendering of other users despite a recent warning for misgendering. She does not need to be replaced in any ongoing games.

As a reminder, do not discuss ongoing games.
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #765 (isolation #2) » Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:43 pm

Post by Skygazer »

KeyLaga has been banned from the site for a minimum of one month for multiple instances of misgendering. These events occurred after KeyLaga received a formal warning for misgendering, unnecessarily correcting an appropriate pronoun in a manner that seems dismissive of a user's nonbinary identity, and trying to excuse their misgendering by attributing a "male trait" to a user that does not identify with maleness. Given the recurring pattern of behavior and prior mod action for similar behavior, KeyLaga will need to submit a petition committing to refraining from misgendering. KeyLaga will need to be replaced in any ongoing games.

i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #766 (isolation #3) » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:13 pm

Post by Skygazer »

pisskop has been banned from joining new mafia games for one week for multiple instances of misgendering, despite a recent warning for misgendering. They do not need to be replaced in any ongoing games.

i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #767 (isolation #4) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:40 am

Post by Skygazer »

Due to multiple moderation errors, Boonskiies will be required to have a co-mod review all action resolutions and flips in his next game.
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #768 (isolation #5) » Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:15 am

Post by Skygazer »

gob has been banned from mafia games for two weeks for explicit use of OGI, public discussion of ongoing games, as well as private discussion of ongoing games. This occurred after we previously reached out about discussion of ongoing games in a prior game. gob will need to be replaced in any ongoing games.

i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #770 (isolation #6) » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:58 pm

Post by Skygazer »

After submitting a petition that demonstrates his understanding of how his behavior broke the rules, and a commitment to respecting others, Jake the Wolfie has been unbanned from the site. In accordance with the terms of his ban, his Speakeasy access is still indefinitely revoked, but he may appeal to have it restored after a continued demonstration of his commitment.
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #772 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:06 am

Post by Skygazer »

Gamma Emerald is banned from mafia for abusive posting.

The full nature of the ban, including the length, has yet to be determined; we will edit in more details later.

The ban will last for a minimum of six months, and require a successful petition in order to be lifted. Gamma Emerald was previously banned for abusive posting, with the most recent ban also requiring a successful petition. Posts such as this one fail to meet the conditions of that petition. She will need to be replaced in any ongoing games.

As a reminder, please do not discuss ongoing games.
Last edited by Skygazer on Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added ban length
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #777 (isolation #8) » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:46 am

Post by Skygazer »

KawaiiKame has been restricted from playing in multiple games of mafia simultaneously after continued instances of flaking, following a prior restriction for an excessive number of replacements. They may not be alive in more than one game of mafia at a time until they demonstrate that they are willing and able to play games to completion.
i have the most queues

Return to “Global Announcements”