For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:21 am

Post by Skygazer »

votecount 3.01

not voting
(5) - Dannflor, Afrayed Knott, fireisredsir, shiki, Meuh

with five alive, it takes three to leave las vegas. day three ends in (expired on 2024-01-05 20:30:00).

mod notes:
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:04 pm

Post by Dannflor »

okay so who wants to go first
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: idk she it me

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:10 pm

Post by shiki »

hm

well

i suppose
feel free to delete this ghost
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:10 pm

Post by shiki »

i should probably do the thing yeah
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:13 pm

Post by shiki »

also at some point you said that scum!you loves the opportunity to take control of 'dead games' or something so i wonder why town!you wouldn't thrive in such a situation just the same but maybe this game not applicable for ~reasons
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:39 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 810, shiki wrote:
In post 364, Dannflor wrote:
In post 357, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 348, Dannflor wrote: to expand, i think it is more focused on looking good than actually getting alignment indicative content from knott

i also think is kinda awkward and pockety?
for the knott part, it didn't seem off to me, i think he tries to reach out to people like that as town (usually giving them like, one chance) if she isn't confident that they're scum

the pocket on me probably worked though
it's not the reach out i have a problem with. there's specific ways that stuff is phrased within the post that feels a little over wrought from Ari and is reminiscent of posts i am drawn to make as scum because i know they will make me look good

like idk that town Ari actually feels like she needs to say "im sorry if this feels overwhelming"

like in general i just think the post is a bit over wrought and it could've been a couple paragraphs shorter and to the point and would've gotten the same amount across and the rest of it is for optics

and that is how i personally imagine town!ari would have written such a post

i might be wrong im not an Ari expert but that's what I'm feeling right now

I also believe that Elements doesn't put himself in a hood with Ari/ydra and I town read Ydrasse

idk to me it feels very much like a post i would write as town or... to a partner, yeah

idk still kinda stuck on this:
In post 253, Aristeia wrote:
In post 242, Afrayed Knott wrote:
In post 237, OopsieDaisy wrote: @Afrayed Knott How do you usually go about finding reads in mafia games?
First day for me it’s a mess unless something pings and doesn’t work out in my mind. Or doesn’t feel right. Then if I make it to D2, which has been a rarity for me, I look at any associations I might see or look at any solves that might start to appear. I’m fairly new to the game so it’s all still a learning process atm.
I guess what I'm asking for is when you read this thread and say you stare at it and its dead. what thoughts come to your mind about each of the players?

whats memorable? whats not? which post feels like scummy and which post feels townie to you?

you are in a hood of six, one of which is mafia, if you're town then which of the five others do you suspect the most? which of the five others do you think is unlikely to be mafia? why?

like this isnt a court of law, the things we say could be right or wrong but it doesnt matter so much as we're actually doing something because if no1 does anything then whats the point?

im sorry if this feels overwhelming but I'd appreciate it if you could spend some time on each player and just jot down whatever thoughts come to mind.

if you don't have the time for every player, you can do one per day and be done with all 8 before the deadline.

Subject: Micro 1087 | It's normal | It's over!
In post 466, medeia wrote:
In post 458, T3 wrote: I don’t really know how to play mafia tbh

i don't really know how to play mafia either and i can relate to frustrations with being scumread if you're town here but noone is asking you to completely solve the game or anything ya know

like just pick a post or something that has happened in the game or whatever and talk about it, the possible intentions you see for those involved, how you are weighing the likelihoods of those intentions, et cetera

like multiple players have asked you about your feelings on your wagon and such and it's like,

did you feel meuh's e-1 vote on the initial wagon was truly accidental? that initial wagon was {chicagotypewriter, ceejayvinoya, pookythemagicalbear, meuh} at it's height and three of those players have returned to your wagon now and the fourth has stated a willingness to eliminate you, does that mean anything to you with regards to their possible alignments?, what possible explanations can you think of for why that wagon dissipated in the first place? skitter then inspired the reorganization of that wagon by asking you/meuh/chicagotypewriter about your willingnesses to vote eachother? did it feel like skitter might have had a sinister motivation for doing so to you? meuh and chicagotypewriter have both expressed doubts about one another's alignments but have also both seemed very comfortable on your wagon alongside eachother, does that seem potentially noteworthy to you? et cetera et cetera

like literally you can just pick anything at all from the game and share your thoughts on it give players a chance to see if you're town

like it just feels so so similar to me
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:41 pm

Post by shiki »

and also contrast the first dozen or so posts here compared to afrayed knott's reaction to aristeia push

viewtopic.php?t=91754&user_select%5B%5D=37207
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:53 pm

Post by shiki »

or really the downhill nature of multiple interactions in the town games to the interactions here

whereas here there's less pushback and also something about the questions is still !! to me especially since they seem largely absent in other games like the 'how do i go about sorting when one of you could be a scums tricking me' sort of thing
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:56 pm

Post by shiki »

it's like; would have to be semi-planned from the go and still weird to me that aristeia and afrayed knott would send afrayed knott big group yeah and then pressure

but it is like, partner distance/bus setup and aristeia very aware of this kept saying the small neighbourhood doesn't matter et cetera et cetera was obviously on her mind

idk can someone else or even ideally someones else big magnifying those interactions for me check my work et cetera pretty please
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:17 pm

Post by shiki »

and then aristeia pretty much forgets that she was ever pushing afrayed knott (outside of talking afrayed knott into voting her - ??)

which sure could simply say 'well scum!aristeia was simply pushing opportunistically and then dropped it because there wasn't enough support'

and but so then afrayed knott votes aristeia then corrects elements here shortly after elements voted aristeia:

(which is funny to me because afrayed knott then mistated e-2 on aristeia when it was e-1 on day two)

but then also just mostly abandons this thought? idk like it's possible afrayed knott simply became preoccupied by my presence and connecting me to elements rather than aristeia because of the interactions between us being more substantial but eh
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:19 pm

Post by shiki »

probably should have approached by rereading the game rather than iso/dual iso based on how many times i've then had to go to full game for context and haven't even gotten to others yet
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:35 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 688, Aristeia wrote:
In post 669, Dannflor wrote: But, i just don’t believe your scum read on me. It seems fabricated and very weak coming from you and I don’t expect you to have weak reads.
I think the issue here is "weak"

I do not really have an issue fabricating read strength as mafia. I find it to be one of the easiest things to do because people tend to listen to loud voices with a lot of conviction.

I think you know I am perfectly capable of faking conviction as mafia so its so weird to me that you think me being purposefully restrained in regards to you is because I am mafia.

I felt somewhat embarrassed and guilty about misreading you as mafia the last time we were T/T and I appreciated how nice you were about it. I wouldn't really want to push you that hard anyway because I enjoy playing with you. Even if I were at 100% I think I would still be nice about it. I am not sure you are mafia, I am just guessing here.

you claim my read of you is bad/weak and thus I am mafia except its pretty much the same thing I said about you in the last game we played together, you were mafia then so I think you would remember. You could have said I am mafia replicating a previous read but instead you claim I am mafia because my reads are not this weak as town when you should know thats not true.

I guess i could be pushing you harder but I dont really want the responsiblity tbh. like if you are mafia and you lim me and then town ignores me and lets you win i wouldnt feel bad about it. id just feel vindicated that i was right where everyone else was wrong. and if you are town and i limmed you then i would feel bad because everyone else is right and I am wrong. so despite me thinking you are mafia maybe I just dont want to kill you. i am kind of silly sometimes.

don't really truly believe that this comes from a partner very often especially since then dannflor continued to bring it up multiple times

like could in theory be dannflor using as an excuse to then also not pressure aristeia too hard in the same way aristeia is not pressuring dannflor too hard like there's strategic benefit but it feels more like something that was actually weighing on dannflor i guess

especially paired with aristeia's like, overfocus on dannflor starting before dannflor even posted,
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:44 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 703, Meuh wrote: UNVOTE:

this is such a clean unvote if meuh is a scums here like,

like she unvotes oopsiedaisy here at e-1 after starting the push on oopsiedaisy when aristeia was under heavy pressure when she herself had also just recently been run on
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:48 pm

Post by shiki »

interactions with aristeia herself pretty limited:
In post 91, Aristeia wrote:
In post 89, Meuh wrote: I feel like if we kill in the big hood, we should be taking the opinions of people in the big hood more seriously than the ones in the small hood on who to kill
The knowledge that there are no partners to help each other in the big hood helps us here
who do you want to kill in the big hood rn?
In post 261, Aristeia wrote:
In post 260, Meuh wrote:
In post 258, Afrayed Knott wrote: I’ll post tomorrow, I just lost my Job.
Sorry to hear :(
In post 310, Meuh wrote: I feel kinda meh about Ari too fwiw no one in that hood is doing anything that’s been pinging me as town
In post 393, Aristeia wrote:
In post 363, Meuh wrote: Pressuring me is probably good for the gamestate actually
what do you expect to happen?

like it's pretty much this? and then aristeia asking the same question again later about who's the scums in the big hood and then end of day voting

not much to make much of
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:51 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 1512, shiki wrote:
In post 703, Meuh wrote: UNVOTE:

this is such a clean unvote if meuh is a scums here like,

like she unvotes oopsiedaisy here at e-1 after starting the push on oopsiedaisy when aristeia was under heavy pressure when she herself had also just recently been run on

especially!! because there is also pressure there from people not on the wagon
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:57 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 975, Meuh wrote: Town Shiki has had weird conflicting feelings about me and has worried about my alignment in past games, this Shiki does not care about my alignment

this still kinda ??? because scum!shiki has also had weird conflicting feelings about you and has worried about your alignment in past games so i still don't really understand why this would be scum indicative and then you mostly abandoning thought when there wasn't a wagon anymore kinda hmm but eh i also continued to post in that time period so would expect thoughts on me to continue to evolve and no real reason for you commit those changes to thread and we kinda hashed out the thing anyway yeah
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:00 pm

Post by shiki »

@skygazer

In post 1, Skygazer wrote: - do not take any action that attempts to prove the existence of private game communications. this includes sharing links, post numbers, or screenshots of private threads, directly quoting instead of paraphrasing, sharing images, or discussing formatting/styling. you are allowed to claim that these communications exist, and you are allowed to paraphrase, as long as you do not attempt to provide evidence.
are we able to quote from the big neighbourhood now that only players from the big neighbourhood who would already have access to that information are alive?
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:02 pm

Post by shiki »

(otherwise can just post there instead i suppose)
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:05 pm

Post by shiki »

kinda think oopsiedaisy nightkill was simply because she was very unlikely to be partnered with aristeia due to e-1 (that dannflor also pointed out)
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:10 pm

Post by shiki »

yeah aristeia knew she was being eliminated coming into day so mostly that yeah
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:13 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 1385, Dannflor wrote:
In post 254, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 241, Aristeia wrote: I don't think I'd characterize my scum play as pretending to be wallpaper but thank you for the vote of confidence fireisredsir
okay, sorry.
In post 255, Aristeia wrote: I wasnt offended! you dont need to be sorry :<
In post 256, fireisredsir wrote: oh. ok! :>

i might read too much into things

and i am still remembering how to play this game
In post 257, Aristeia wrote: this is going to be so embarrassing if the one time I don't scumread you you're actually mafia
i might be reading too much into it but i find this really hard to imagine as SvS
mhm
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:13 pm

Post by shiki »

prefer when fireisredsir feels overwhelmingly town to this but not really a fair expectation
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:14 pm

Post by shiki »

same can probably be said about me here something about this game i guess
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:19 pm

Post by shiki »

(which also makes dannflor's comment about not being paired with aristeia because aristeia would have been more invested if they were partners pretty discountable due to overall investment level of everyone and just the nature of game - i have played scum games where i was heavily invested with partners who weren't really playing the game and i have played scum games where i was struggling to be invested while partnered with some of my favourite players on site - i think for me at least sometimes it clicks and sometimes it does not and sometimes my brain works {a bit} and sometimes it does not)
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:25 pm

Post by shiki »