Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:41 pm

Post by FuDuzn »

In post 273, Upwards wrote: Okay here we go.

I find Gamma suspicious for the townblock on day 1 when that’s a time where there’s really little basis for such a thing.

On the flipside I like Claptastic, Deltawave and Laplacian for calling it out.

I’m really mixed on Gypyx. She’s very active which is probably a good sign, but then again I don’t like my exchange with her. In #92 she feels the need to state that I shouldn’t blindly trust her, which is obvious enough that it irritated even me as a beginner. What follows is this strange discussion only to end it somewhat condescendingly in #206. Not a fan.
The thing is, it is super easy for scum to seem superficially towny for calling out the town blocc thing(in a world where Gamma is town)

Personally I am going back and forth on Gamma and Clap, thought Clap was clearly town early on but lately I almost feel like they are being exposed
The greatest trick the devil ever performed was convincing the world he doesn't exist
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:42 pm

Post by FuDuzn »

In post 275, FuDuzn wrote:
In post 273, Upwards wrote: Okay here we go.

I find Gamma suspicious for the townblock on day 1 when that’s a time where there’s really little basis for such a thing.

On the flipside I like Claptastic, Deltawave and Laplacian for calling it out.

I’m really mixed on Gypyx. She’s very active which is probably a good sign, but then again I don’t like my exchange with her. In #92 she feels the need to state that I shouldn’t blindly trust her, which is obvious enough that it irritated even me as a beginner. What follows is this strange discussion only to end it somewhat condescendingly in #206. Not a fan.
The thing is, it is super easy for scum to seem superficially towny for calling out the town blocc thing(in a world where Gamma is town)

Personally I am going back and forth on Gamma and Clap, thought Clap was clearly town early on but lately I almost feel like they are being exposed
Ooh look at me all page top(cue Margot finding this scummy for.....reasons??)
The greatest trick the devil ever performed was convincing the world he doesn't exist
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:43 pm

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 1.05

Day 1 will end in (expired on 2024-01-14 01:13:22).

Votecount
MargotRosa (3):
Claptastik, Gypyx, Laplacian
lucca261 (2):
FuDuzn, DeltaWave
Upwards (1):
lucca261
Gamma Emerald (1):
Alianna
Alianna (1):
Naerys
Claptastik (1):
Gamma Emerald
FuDuzn (1):
MargotRosa

Not Voting (3):
Upwards, Zebedee, Hu Tao

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to send someone on the fast route to the afterlife.

flavor
Dragon Fact #6:
Seafearing and abyssal species of Dragons (also known by their outdated taxonomy of "Sea Serpents", though that moniker is nowadays considered offensive) did not lose their wings; rather, they evolved to be smaller, with smoother scales and more hydrodynamic, to cover a function analogous to fins.
Last edited by DragonEater70 on Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:44 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

It's a lean with reasoning backing up my reads, yeah.

I already said I had a slight scum read, and when I came back, your posts fit into a playstyle I see as scum-leaning, which solidified it.
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:45 pm

Post by Claptastik »

In post 271, Gamma Emerald wrote: Seems disingenuous = I don’t think you’re telling the whole story, or you’ve twisted something to fit your agenda
Idk why scum seem to fail to meta me believably either but I prefer to accept things when they’re true despite my lack of deeper understanding. Like, the best answer is “there’s an agenda behind it” but there’s a certain way it manifests that just doesn’t have any logical explanation to it.
I could go and show you acting more decisively and voting more frequently if you like, but if I do - are you just going to claim that's due to your experimental town block method this game? If so there's no point in me bothering.
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:47 pm

Post by Claptastik »

In post 274, Gamma Emerald wrote: I have won games almost solely by townblocking on day 1. Don’t be a hater.
Can you show a game where you were town and made a town block of 4 people 50 posts into the game? That would be helpful.
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:50 pm

Post by FuDuzn »

In post 278, MargotRosa wrote: It's a lean with reasoning backing up my reads, yeah.

I already said I had a slight scum read, and when I came back, your posts fit into a playstyle I see as scum-leaning, which solidified it.
Can you elaborate exactly how any of the posts I made that you linked to are scummy and not, ya know, how I play the game?

Like seriously saying me making a joke about the page top is scummy???

Like I said, I feel like you are being wildly disingenuous here. There is no world where you find everything I do as actually scummy.
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:51 pm

Post by Claptastik »

In post 275, FuDuzn wrote: The thing is, it is super easy for scum to seem superficially towny for calling out the town blocc thing(in a world where Gamma is town)
In a world where Gamma is town, how did she determine that 3 people were town that quickly?
In that case, it's interesting that you're talking about me, but not to me.

I'm talking with Gamma because I'm genuinely trying to sort her. Can't say that I like her reaction, but really it's NAI without meta.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:52 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 279, Claptastik wrote:
In post 271, Gamma Emerald wrote: Seems disingenuous = I don’t think you’re telling the whole story, or you’ve twisted something to fit your agenda
Idk why scum seem to fail to meta me believably either but I prefer to accept things when they’re true despite my lack of deeper understanding. Like, the best answer is “there’s an agenda behind it” but there’s a certain way it manifests that just doesn’t have any logical explanation to it.
I could go and show you acting more decisively and voting more frequently if you like, but if I do - are you just going to claim that's due to your experimental town block method this game? If so there's no point in me bothering.
I can’t guarantee that won’t be my response but it isn’t for sure going to be that either. My meta is so expansive that just picking a range and praying will likely paint a pretty lacking picture.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:54 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 280, Claptastik wrote:
In post 274, Gamma Emerald wrote: I have won games almost solely by townblocking on day 1. Don’t be a hater.
Can you show a game where you were town and made a town block of 4 people 50 posts into the game? That would be helpful.
I can probably find one eventually, as I said I’ve played a lot of games
I would rather just share the game where the strategy I’m basing this current gameplay on was executed successfully.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:56 pm

Post by FuDuzn »

Lucca, can we talk about Margot more?

But in secret this time lol

Pre edit: I am trying to gauge other's opinions on you(like asking Lucca earlier), like I said I had you as solidly town earlier but am doubting that read now.

And I have said I don't love how Gamma and Hu were so quick to town read me, but nothing really jumps out to me as scummy about Gamma besides that
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:57 pm

Post by FuDuzn »

^^The pre Edit was directed at Clap, if not clear
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:57 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

In post 281, FuDuzn wrote:
In post 278, MargotRosa wrote: It's a lean with reasoning backing up my reads, yeah.

Can you elaborate exactly how any of the posts I made that you linked to are scummy and not, ya know, how I play the game?

Like I said, I feel like you are being wildly disingenuous here. There is no world where you find everything I do as actually scummy.
I didn't find everything you did scummy. I just gave some possible worst faith interpretations of what you said, which is often how I play the game, so I can reason through which of those worst faith interpretations are actually worth taking seriously.

I'm going to gestate, and do some further research. I'm also in the process of forming my full read list, which is difficult as many people haven't posted all that much, but should it have posted in the next couple days. Going to gf's dad's birthday in a few hours and then catching up on needed sleep, so may be a bit inactive in the interim
MargotRosa
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
MargotRosa
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:58 pm

Post by MargotRosa »

Also, what do you mean by in secret in ?
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:02 pm

Post by FuDuzn »

In post 287, MargotRosa wrote:
In post 281, FuDuzn wrote:

I didn't find everything you did scummy. I just gave some possible worst faith interpretations of what you said, which is often how I play the game, so I can reason through which of those worst faith interpretations are actually worth taking seriously.

I'm going to gestate, and do some further research. I'm also in the process of forming my full read list, which is difficult as many people haven't posted all that much, but should it have posted in the next couple days. Going to gf's dad's birthday in a few hours and then catching up on needed sleep, so may be a bit inactive in the interim
You have used the possible worst faith interpretations, as you put it, and used it to push me as scum......without considering any other interpretation of my posts.

That is not how town would act

Lucca, no need to talk more, thank you for our dance we had.....maybe we will dance again soon, but time to get actual scum

VOTE: Margot

Back to this(although as someone who is town reading Margot, I would like your interpretation of this back and forth with me and her.....Lucca)
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:02 pm

Post by Claptastik »

In post 285, FuDuzn wrote: Pre edit: I am trying to gauge other's opinions on you(like asking Lucca earlier), like I said I had you as solidly town earlier but am doubting that read now.
In post 286, FuDuzn wrote: ^^The pre Edit was directed at Clap, if not clear
It seems like you're admitting to Margot's charge that you're fishing for support for a wagon rather than just pushing, but acting like that's a townie thing to do. It isn't, particularly on D1.

UNVOTE:
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:04 pm

Post by Claptastik »

In post 284, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 280, Claptastik wrote:
I can probably find one eventually, as I said I’ve played a lot of games
I would rather just share the game where the strategy I’m basing this current gameplay on was executed successfully.
Sounds good, let's see it.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:09 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

<Embrace The Void>

Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:09 pm

Post by Claptastik »

In post 258, lucca261 wrote: Quick meta read shows me Margot is a very decisive player both as town and scum. Firm reads, firm stances.
Yeah I looked at her earlier today and found the same thing.
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:11 pm

Post by FuDuzn »

In post 290, Claptastik wrote:
In post 285, FuDuzn wrote: Pre edit: I am trying to gauge other's opinions on you(like asking Lucca earlier), like I said I had you as solidly town earlier but am doubting that read now.
In post 286, FuDuzn wrote: ^^The pre Edit was directed at Clap, if not clear
It seems like you're admitting to Margot's charge that you're fishing for support for a wagon rather than just pushing, but acting like that's a townie thing to do. It isn't, particularly on D1.

UNVOTE:
No, I am trying to figure out if you are town since I have my doubts now. I like other people opinions since I don't want to hang on to a stale read. And getting people to openly talk about reads holds people accountable for what they said and will expose those who are being disingenuous.

I will try to talk to everyone in this game at some point if I can because of that.

And if Margot is town and I was scum, I just would have stayed on her initially, she was at E-2, why would I leave to naked vote Lucca?
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:12 pm

Post by FuDuzn »

In post 293, Claptastik wrote:
In post 258, lucca261 wrote: Quick meta read shows me Margot is a very decisive player both as town and scum. Firm reads, firm stances.
Yeah I looked at her earlier today and found the same thing.
What games of hers in particular led you to believe this?
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:13 pm

Post by Claptastik »

Thanks, but I don't see you declaring a town block there like you did here.
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:14 pm

Post by FuDuzn »

I do like how spicy this game is starting to get

I have missed this place lol
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:16 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 296, Claptastik wrote:
Thanks, but I don't see you declaring a town block there like you did here.
It happened much later in that game relatively speaking, but I think doing it so early isn’t exactly worse. It definitely helped get us out of RVS.
<Embrace The Void>

Upwards
Upwards
Goon
Upwards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:22 pm

Post by Upwards »

In post 264, DeltaWave wrote: So here are my initial thoughts after reading ISOs.

Lucca
- I already explained why lucca is in my scumpool and the ISO didn't really change that. In fact, I find it concerning that Lucca is potentially misrepping Upwards in Post 176. "Not to play armchair psychologist, but I think a guy who read a 100-person game on this website (and probably read several wallposts on the way) would feel a little more paranoid on his first post." Upwards didn't say that he read a 100 person game, just that he heard about it. So it's a bit unfair to assume (possibly wrongly) that he actually read it.
Nah, I did say that I read it. ( Although skimmed would have been a more fitting word tbh ) So the premise here isn’t accurate.

I still agree with the notion that there should be more interesting stuff to talk about though…
"Upwards atp would have to be really good as scum to be fooling me, I think." ~ Gamma Emerald

Bottom Text

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”