(1)
ssbm_Kyouko
Elements, DragonEater70
(1)
implosion
Not Voting
(3)
DeasVail, T3, Elements

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to form a coalition.

No coalition has been achieved. The Coalition Phase deadline is in (expired on 2024-01-10 23:00:00).
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:53 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 372, T3 wrote: I've reread through the game but I really don't have much to say
This is sort of strange given that the coalition phase deadline is approaching. Are you interested in trying to work out a coalition or nah?
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:55 pm

Post by T3 »

I'm interested in trying to work out a coalition but I'm struggling to find reads...
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:56 pm

Post by T3 »

Nearly everything I have to say feels like a massive reach
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:59 pm

Post by DeasVail »

T3 back to probably town?
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:08 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 77, implosion wrote:
In post 66, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:This is not the point I'm making. In 46, you say that we should focus scumreads more than townreads because focusing townreads lets scum blend in. At the same time, you say Appearance is town and so far all he'd done was give out 2 unexplained TRs. If you think scum blends in by focusing on TRs, you don't also think that Appearance is town. You're claiming to have one philosophy on how to play the setup that contradicts your reads.
I don't like this post/line of logic. It feels less like a misrep (i actually don't like dragoneater calling it a misrep) and more like it's reductive, like if Dragoneater claims to have a particular philosophy that he mentioned then that philosophy doesn't necessarily underrun everything that he thinks. It's lacking in consideration imo as a reason to scumread dragoneater (and it does look like kyouko is scumreading dragoneater).
This seems like disingenuous scum
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:09 pm

Post by T3 »

More specifically I think implosion is experienced enough to know that questionable/reductive reasoning isn't necessarily an indicator of scum and that DE (one of his townreads) is doing the same thing
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him, they/them

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:17 pm

Post by Appearance »

ugh.
i'm so tempted to put dv in my coalition.
i think i'd go with ydra's but with her swapped with me.
HURT: kyouko
HEAL: dv
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:19 pm

Post by Appearance »

so my current coalition would be elements, dragon, ydra, klick, dv.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:12 pm

Post by implosion »

Still kinda demotivated. Partially for RL reasons but mostly in game.

There's a world where is dragon + one of DV/Klick as scum and Dragon sees an excuse to try to replace the double-scum coalition that's been building with a single-scum coalition. That would also mirror my play in the scum coalition game I mentioned. In that sense that when the game was going well, I went a bit out of my way to try to get the other scum off of the coalition (when that plan failed, I had to bus them on the first lim).

I think if that is the case, it's not really actionable now (aside from just keeping the original coalition Dragon suggested rather than switching). Or rather it's not like, something that's going to make me want to lim one of those people if the coalition fails, more of a "if the game gets to final 5 and dragon + either klick or DV are alive, remember to look back at this".

fmpov a lot of all the current speculation coming from like klick and dragon (especially klick) is kind of blasé because yeah, I agree with the analysis that if I'm town the coalition is likely to fail and beyond that there's not really much to say >_>. I don't think there are any politically feasible coalitions that are likely to succeed right now. That said I am waning on my specific feeling of Dragon being scum. While 361 makes a lot of sense in the specific case I mentioned, outside of that it's kind of a thing that I wouldn't expect scum to do in the gamestate, it's a bit of a rocking-the-boat action to remove those two from the coalition and I think Dragon is probably mostly happy to ride the wave of the gamestate if he's scum, modulo needing to possibly dodge a double scum coalition.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:14 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 366, DeasVail wrote: implosion's lack of read of me is a big part of what's concerning me. town-him should probably be scumreading me here, and I think that's been the implication, but why the hesitation?
I don't know why this is the case? Why should I be hard scumreading you? Beyond that why would I be avoiding scumreading you if I were scum? It's not like I've been playing in a way that's conducive to building a coalition with you either way. Honestly I haven't really parsed your more recent posting much in terms of alignment so I should probably do that more.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:18 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 370, Klick wrote:
In post 367, DeasVail wrote: also I do think that the scum strategy even if outside a potential all-town coalition would be to not rock the boat too much. It's in town's nature to become paranoid and second-guess.
Like you're putting in the extra effort into the nuance here that makes me believe you care
I can see this.
In post 381, T3 wrote: More specifically I think implosion is experienced enough to know that questionable/reductive reasoning isn't necessarily an indicator of scum and that DE (one of his townreads) is doing the same thing
? I'm experienced enough to know that literally nothing is "necessarily" an indicator of scum. I know bad logic has almost no correlation to scum in general. I think that specific form of bad logic probably has some correlation to scum. It's about the specific instance. What do you mean by Dragon doing the "same thing" and why should i be reading whatever thing from dragon exactly the same as I read this post from kyouko?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:20 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Okay I'm really sorry if you are town, implo, because then I am SERIOUSLY confbiasing, but holy shit can someone tell me how 384 isn't like extremely political? Like "hmmm Dragon can definitely be scum but I'm actually starting to lean town, but don't be surprised if Ido scumread him" is the overall vibe.

But at the same time he does give an actually valid point

Aaaaaahhhh I'm driving myself up the wall

implo if you are town could you please do something that's genuinely toeny and not political at all, like voting for a coalition you'd ACTUALLY want right now? Or deciding who you think is scum in that coalition considering that you agree that the coalition probably fails if you are town?

This is NOT to say that I am suddenly townreading you, I am just trying to cover all bases here because something isn't working out for me here.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:26 pm

Post by Klick »

Scum!implosion likes using valid points to push an agenda

Frankly I think town!implosion tries to push his own opinion here
I feel like implosion is trying to give little away
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:29 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 365, Klick wrote: I think by association implosion/DV is a reasonable scumteam
I can see how you read implosion play as setting up for failed coalition, but I don't know whether I'm convinced it's significantly more likely than him just being scum with T3 or Kyouko

I agree with the general logic that if implosion is town then the proposed coalition was probably a fail

But I also think you've presented plenty accurate evidence for myself!town and are paranoid about getting snowed
I'm willing to discuss the concept of DV-sxum but I don't think it's accurate
See, this is the kind of post that makes me want to just trust Klick, because it feels so logical and reasonable...

Except that I NEVER presented ANY evidence for Klick!Town this game (okay I did say at one point that he wasn't trying to be townread, but I also said at the same post that this could indicate he's deepwolfing and/or trying to pocket me). But also that isn't really "plenty of evidence" as Klick is putting it. My read is like 90% gut.

So, is there any actual evidence he's NOT deepwolfing? Um. Um. Not really I guess.

Also Klick, please explain why "you're willing to discuss the concept of DV scum but don't think it's accurate".
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:29 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Am I exaggerating my thoughts/feelings for dramatic effect? Yes. Definitely. It's fun.

It also helps in getting reactions, I think.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:30 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 388, Klick wrote: Scum!implosion likes using valid points to push an agenda

Frankly I think town!implosion tries to push his own opinion here
I feel like implosion is trying to give little away
What agenda is he pushing?
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:39 pm

Post by Appearance »

In post 384, implosion wrote: Still kinda demotivated. Partially for RL reasons but mostly in game.

There's a world where is dragon + one of DV/Klick as scum and Dragon sees an excuse to try to replace the double-scum coalition that's been building with a single-scum coalition. That would also mirror my play in the scum coalition game I mentioned. In that sense that when the game was going well, I went a bit out of my way to try to get the other scum off of the coalition (when that plan failed, I had to bus them on the first lim).

I think if that is the case, it's not really actionable now (aside from just keeping the original coalition Dragon suggested rather than switching). Or rather it's not like, something that's going to make me want to lim one of those people if the coalition fails, more of a "if the game gets to final 5 and dragon + either klick or DV are alive, remember to look back at this".

fmpov a lot of all the current speculation coming from like klick and dragon (especially klick) is kind of blasé because yeah, I agree with the analysis that if I'm town the coalition is likely to fail and beyond that there's not really much to say >_>. I don't think there are any politically feasible coalitions that are likely to succeed right now. That said I am waning on my specific feeling of Dragon being scum. While 361 makes a lot of sense in the specific case I mentioned, outside of that it's kind of a thing that I wouldn't expect scum to do in the gamestate, it's a bit of a rocking-the-boat action to remove those two from the coalition and I think Dragon is probably mostly happy to ride the wave of the gamestate if he's scum, modulo needing to possibly dodge a double scum coalition.
implo, if dragon is scum, why is he in your coalition?
if u are town, wouldn't u be better off with a coalition without dragon?
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:41 pm

Post by Appearance »

on a reread tho, it looks like u aren't really sring dragon so ignore my previous post.
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:43 pm

Post by Appearance »

tho, i legit have no idea why u've brought up ur ideal coalition but has actually voted for anybody in there minus elements.
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:46 pm

Post by Appearance »

i kinda feel like at this point, even demotivated town would want to get a coalition out there.
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:48 pm

Post by Appearance »

it could end up being wrong, sure, but it's better than having no coalition and nothing to work with.
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:48 pm

Post by Appearance »

i mean actually, we do have something to work with.
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:49 pm

Post by Appearance »

as in the people who were against making a coalition
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:50 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Klick, this might look extremely inconsequential but knowing my best reads often come from inconsequential looking things (for example, if implo is scum here I was able to identify it just from post ) I'm going to have to ask anyway.

1. You never answered this. Please answer:
In post 29, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 20, Klick wrote:
In post 11, DragonEater70 wrote: Confession: the other day I had the opportunity to eat pizza and I gave it up for a chicken wrap, because I was tired of pizza.

Yes, I'm a heretic. VOTE: Dragon

Also, HEAL: Klick in the hopes he's town again and we just lick this game in 20 pages.
ya
"ya" as in "ya Klick is town"?

2. Can you elaborate on this more?
In post 32, Klick wrote:
In post 30, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 28, Klick wrote: HURT: DragonEater70
y?
In post 31, DragonEater70 wrote: To clarify I faked an SR of Klick ehen I had no read on him at all
Because I picked up on this and wanted to decide whether you were doing it because of that reason, or because you were scum unsure of how to interact with me not responding to you
Like specifically, how did hurting me help you solve me and what was your conclusion based on this.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”