JOAT uPick | FIN!

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:44 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

mine
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:55 pm

Post by Bell »

Sure I can brain dump.
Pooky calling me out there made me sensitive because even when I’m town, I have a thin skin to criticism and part of my win condition is being town read as town. I considered deleting the if you’re town here but decided against it because it’s still accurate and I don’t know their alignment.

I have a discord with a bunch of players. From this community retired and otherwise.

People mention Sakura favorably when they were brought up something something hey Sakura is back. brought up. and FF commented on it recently, so even though it was outside of the game I had a certain level of anticipation for them.
I also felt there was a difference because when they did post they posted more in my preferred manner, a little something of mafia in every post.
I’m sort of an absolutist so it slips into my perspective sometimes and I can talk past someone. To me, I’m doing another possible town a favor by telling them to direct their attention elsewhere, I know that, they don’t know that but if they believe me and they’re town we both benefit, I’m less at risk and they’re more likely to be accurate. It’s rare, but sometimes players do just turn around based on that and it’s always kind of awesome to see. It’s nuts, but there you go.

Being an absolutist is kind of why Ipity you if you’re town this game because for all your effort, your most significant contribution has been a case on town, one that I suspect Pooky as scum took advantage of so they didn’t have to do anything. FYI, I’m not sure if they’re buddying you or if they’re setting me up to miss later down the road.
It’s awkward from my perspective and I tend to feel more entitled and more annoyed the more I post and say things and still get suspected. It’s been a topic in games before. Something about not being believed when I’m sincere, coupled with a kind of misanthropic dislike of human’s flawed perspective that results in war crimes, and a kind of selfish desire to be left alone and only play the parts of mafia I like (solving and getting to know people) while not spending time explaining myself.

It’s been a topic thing in games before.
I listened to them, the emotion is still there, but I’m better at drawing back before I go all the way off the deep end.

Also most of my posts in this game have been on my phone and I’m kind .

It’s a gross perspective, I’m not even being honest with myself because obviously I’m putting myself in the worst light with this response.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:56 pm

Post by Bell »

Ah, what I meant to say is that I’m lazy and because most of my posts are on my phone, and again, I’m lazy I can’t be assed to correct grammar or even go back so that my sentences make sense. I just hope people get the gist.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:57 pm

In post 1549, Ircher wrote: Bell isn't claiming properly (because a treestump that activates on death on any day/night doesn't match the way JOAT's work)
this is actually true
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:57 pm

In post 1552, Bell wrote: Ah, what I meant to say is that I’m lazy and because most of my posts are on my phone, and again, I’m lazy I can’t be assed to correct grammar or even go back so that my sentences make sense. I just hope people get the gist.
bell since you're here and you've already claimed you're a treestump why dont you share how exactly your treestump ability works
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Joyboy
Joyboy
Goon
Joyboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:02 pm

Post by Joyboy »

In post 1539, LadyTerminallyOffline wrote: I'm sorry Maid Cafe. You are right. I just....
Spoiler: Not super relevant to this game but emotions
I just... I guess I'm dissapointed? And very frustrated. It's been many years since I last played and I did a bunch of research on where the best site to play for a more serious and "tryhard" experience could be found. The internet led me to believe that Mafiascum would be full of players whose play would fit that bill. Instead, I've got a game filled with at least one player who has decided they want to be a cringe anime role player, one person who has decided to troll me by sending me on wild goose chases to threads that are years old and not relevant, and so your statement about "I could give an accurate read but am choosing not to" just had me seeing red.

I guess this is on me for not doing more research as to the way that game is played here. I'm not really sure I'll stick around past this game, but I don't intend to replace out as I did pledge my time and investment and I will see it through.
I think Mafia Universe is best if you're looking for playerlists where very player will try hard and sweat out of their mind. That website just naturally appeals to way more people and as such you'll find more people who play a lot and care a lot more. Part of having longish deadlines is we don't rly have to care as much (MU runs deadlines that are a lot more shorter, as such, there is more pressure on players to actually play). That's actually part of why I call this website home. I can take my time with the game when I want and I can just approach the game a lot more lazily. If I was playing on my main, the amount of content I would probably have would be a very tiny bit more (mostly because I don't have to be as careful with my words so I can just say more. I choose to not say a lot in general), it wouldn't be that much more tho! Also, it's day 1. Early Game does set the tone for mid to late game, but there's a lot of game ahead of us.

Once upon a time, when I was a lot more newer and the game was more fresh to me, I would try a lot more. I would care a lot more and I would put more energy into games. I almost failed high school because I would literally spend all of my time in classes playing this game. I simply have other things that I wanna do nowadays, so I spend less time on the game. Also people like to YAP a lot. Me personally, I've gotten to the point where I no longer need to effort as hard to get what I want accomplished. At a point, I simply just see diminishing returns when it comes to energy investment. If I can get what I want accomplished with way less energy, why would I bother trying harder?

This is a very very good playerlist. A lot of players here are extremely reputable, myself included. You'll struggle to find something that's better on this website. If you want an environment that's more serious, then you might want to investigate other queues, but when it comes to player quality, this is one of the best playerlists you can ask for.

Also this was originally meant to be a tryharding alt but I leaned a bit more into just having fun w/ roleplaying. Oops! Nothing is wrong w/ having a little bit of fun. I can understand how it being your first time here it could be frustrating to deal with. I'm still going to keep being "cringe" though because I'm having fun!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:02 pm

Post by Bell »

If I die or get voted out, they ask me if I’d like to be a tree stump or not. Then I can post for the rest of the game. It’s not blockable and it cannot be interfered with because it only activates when I’m outside of the game as a dead or voted out player.

My original ask was that I’d become a tree stump if I was ever poisoned or had oil poured on me, because I was trying to balance my asks with probability so the more powerful the role, the less it would activate unless specific circumstances occurred.
LadyTerminallyOffline
LadyTerminallyOffline
she/her
Goon
LadyTerminallyOffline
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:03 pm

Post by LadyTerminallyOffline »

I think that's the first brain-dump post of yours I have actively liked.

I was taking a break from posting because things were getting circular, but wanted to note that.

So essentially, Sakura Hana is a returning friend and you actively want her to not be immediately under pressure as to enjoy your time with her?
Show
I don't want to subscribe to your new posts.

This is a Playstyle Alt (TM) of Cabd.

I don't meta and avoid being too personal or conversational on this one, instead playing more traditional questioner.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:04 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1539, LadyTerminallyOffline wrote: I'm sorry Maid Cafe. You are right. I just....
Spoiler: Not super relevant to this game but emotions
I just... I guess I'm dissapointed? And very frustrated. It's been many years since I last played and I did a bunch of research on where the best site to play for a more serious and "tryhard" experience could be found. The internet led me to believe that Mafiascum would be full of players whose play would fit that bill. Instead, I've got a game filled with at least one player who has decided they want to be a cringe anime role player, one person who has decided to troll me by sending me on wild goose chases to threads that are years old and not relevant, and so your statement about "I could give an accurate read but am choosing not to" just had me seeing red.

I guess this is on me for not doing more research as to the way that game is played here. I'm not really sure I'll stick around past this game, but I don't intend to replace out as I did pledge my time and investment and I will see it through.
I think you should give a few more games here a try. Not all games are like this. I would say most games I'm in people are engaged and serious. So don't let this game change your opinion.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:05 pm

Post by Bell »

I am in fact claiming my role properly.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:06 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

I'm also relatively new so I get what you mean. My first experience on this site was bad, but since the. It's been great. So I highly recommend trying more games and not giving up on the site
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:10 pm

Post by Bell »

I personally suspect Prism was involved. Because they thought it would be funny.

@LTO: no, I’ve never played with Hana or if I have and I don’t really remember it. I’ve just heard nice things.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:11 pm

In post 1561, Bell wrote: I personally suspect Prism was involved. Because they thought it would be funny.
is it funny because you're mafia
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:21 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1560, Hu Tao wrote: I'm also relatively new so I get what you mean. My first experience on this site was bad, but since the. It's been great. So I highly recommend trying more games and not giving up on the site
I feel like I played in your first game lol
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:36 pm

In post 1562, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1561, Bell wrote: I personally suspect Prism was involved. Because they thought it would be funny.
is it funny because you're mafia
this wasn't a joke btw

i want to know why you think prism would think it would be funny
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:43 pm

Post by Bell »

I was giving you the last word. Do you know how hard that is for me.

I’m known to omgus, scum find me annoying to eliminate and if they finally manage it? I pop right back.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:00 pm

Post by Titus »

Pooky, whaddya think of a towncore of you me fire lto hu and light?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:03 pm

In post 1565, Bell wrote: I was giving you the last word. Do you know how hard that is for me.

I’m known to omgus, scum find me annoying to eliminate and if they finally manage it? I pop right back.
I want you to explain why you thought prism would find it funny to make you a treestump

the obvious answer to me is "because it would be hilarious for you to be a scum treestump" and prism would find it really funny.

I am looking for the point of view where you're town and you think prism thinks its funny
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:07 pm

I honestly dont even know what you're talking about with the omgus

I'm not voting you, you're not voting me. we're just two buddies having a good time and I find it pleasant tbh.

I'm not so tunnel visioned that I will only accept your death today because Prism always makes fun of me for being a level 0 one thought at a time clown and I'm trying to change my ways.

I'm just having fun with my old friend Bell.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:11 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1563, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 1560, Hu Tao wrote: I'm also relatively new so I get what you mean. My first experience on this site was bad, but since the. It's been great. So I highly recommend trying more games and not giving up on the site
I feel like I played in your first game lol
You did!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:12 pm

Post by Titus »

I love it when the babies grow up.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:14 pm

Post by Bell »

Honestly the only way you’re getting out of this alive is if you or someone on your team has an ability.

It’s pretty much the only thing I’m worried about since you painted yourself into a corner by using an appeal to authority argument.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:22 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 1429, HolySpiritTurtle wrote:
In post 1426, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1420, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1419, HolySpiritTurtle wrote: Unfed troll is sad troll
I suggest trolling maria, its very easy to do and yields many reactions.
u don't need to put much effort in
is maria even playing anymore or did she get bored and ghost
I’m still deciding if beeboy only making 1 post is something I should consider.
If my memory serves correctly he hates playing scum.
Last game i had with town beeboy he flaked. And Dunnstral correctly pointed out that when beeboy flakes he's town.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:23 pm

Post by Titus »

Bell, we were being wholesome.

Pooky, townblock thoughts? Sakura?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:33 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 1480, Maid Cafe wrote:
In post 1467, LadyTerminallyOffline wrote:
In post 1465, Maid Cafe wrote: Hey LTC, if I told you I find it hard to believe Bell's play comes from mafia would you hear me out? I can sense you're a bit tense in tone. This maid is here to lend you some support.
I am willing to hear out third parties to this back and forth yes. I'll be back in an hour after I've re-read the events from the weekend anew. A fresh perspective is welcome.
My main concern with Bell that I don't believe got touched on much with other people is how he claimed early, scum like to normally dangle roles or something in town's face and go "Look how useful I can be guys" along with the fact it was early that hints at a bit of panic. However, with the latter that can be just a way someone plays and I'm not familiar with Bell to make that call, someone else can prob chime in but I don't think it's a smoking gun regardless.

The thing that makes me pause about Bell the most is that he doesn't seem to be well, trying. I mean that more in the sense of trying to live. He's tried to appeal a bit with his role but most of his defense from what I see is how he would/is playing vs anything of substance that would deal with people's concerns on him.

These wagons on Joy/Bell are stagnant and that means wolves are happy with how these wagons are going or we're correct and people trying to defend them. Now, I am biased in this cause I think Joy/Bell is TvT but you can come to your own answer on it by looking at who is defending what wagon.
Ok Cafe can be town
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”