Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:08 pm

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1397, JacksonVirgo wrote: Why did you ask us both in particular?
I know me, Luca and Titus won’t rush Titus so you’re the two that could make a difference
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:09 pm

Post by ketchup777 »

I’ll reply to where we left off in a bit Jackson btw
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Best Social Game

Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:10 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 1332, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 1328, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 1323, OutWorldER wrote:
Spoiler: quote
In post 907, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 891, OutWorldER wrote: i'm not putting too much stock in the DeltaWave NKA cuz it could've happened for a million different reasons,
from someone thinking her reads were a genuine threat to them
all the way to scum thinking she was a pr for whatever reason

Ok so looking at Delta's ISO:

In post 142, DeltaWave wrote: VOTE: Ketchup777

I can elaborate but just look at the ISO and tell me I'm wrong.
started off by accusing me
In post 688, DeltaWave wrote: Initial thoughts -

Hu Tao - I get a town vibe from these posts.

Gypyx - I'm not sure yet.

ProjEctRy - A lot of filler. Neutral leaning sus.

Dannflor - 228 is so, so, so bad. Criticism of Drew seems forced. 277 is the kind of OMGUS I don't like. Drew being defensive as cited in 315 is not a scumtell at all. Everyone wants to stay alive no matter the wincon.

bugspray - The infamous multitasker poster. Let's face it, it was a stupid post, but was it scummy? A town PR would never out themselves like that. I could see a whacked out VT doing that, though.

Luca Blight - I don't really like the whole "I found the scumteam on post 24" stuff but this seems like it's coming from overexcited town than scum. It's just too much attention to draw on page 2. It's a bold move for scum to pick fights and make enemies that early in the game. OTOH, the reads are based on thin logic. But then again, that's what town does. Will say null town. Points deducted for not recognizing my meme. The confidence in 130, presuming it's Luca!Scum and they're trying to get a miselim on BG, seems unlikely. With BG almost being limmed I wouldn't expect scum to take such a strong position because it would get them trouble later after the flip.

Jacob24 - I can't tell you exactly why, but Post 88 didn't rub me the right way. Overall a sideliner.

iamveryhappy - I get the impression that they are staying close to the sidelines despite participating in the discussion. I think this is scummy.

ketchup777 - Newbie town probably.

Psyche - Overall I like the posts.

DeltaWave - Obvscum

Black - Not sure at this time.

Doctor Drew - Seems to ask a lot of questions without providing a lot of opinions. Not really liking that.

OutWorldER - Shading bugspray for the multitasker post isn't entirely unjustified but the reasoning on #85 seems like there's a hard attempt to justify that vote. The same thing kind of goes for #94.

VOTE: Daan
then after unvoting me, Delta sussed Project, Jacob, OutWorldEr, Drew, Dann and iavh. a lot of susses, the last 3 of which now seem/are innocent. I agree we don't want to run mind games but in case we decide to look deeper, these seem to be Delta's enemies.
In post 689, DeltaWave wrote: Dann/OutWorld/someone else mkes sense to me. Maybe iavh
only you, OutWorldEr, remain in Delta's trio read. Convenient you try to get us not to worry too much about the reasoning for Delta's death?

I assumed because of the post I snipped, which specifically called me out as the one remaining person in Delta's solve who hadn't flipped. I thought you were implying that I had killed Delta out of fear for her read on me, to which I countered that were I to be scum, then I'd have two other partners who would also have to OK that fear-kill, on a player who had a fair share of scumreads going into D2.
Ok sure I'll give you benefit of the doubt for now. But I never said that you were the one to suggest the idea of killing Delta. It seems like you misread what I said where a town might see the ambiguity and consider both possible cases (Outworld the suggester vs Outworld the oohilikethisideasureletsdoiter).
This is how I imagine it went down in the scum PT.

Hu Tao: hey guys do you know what would be fun
Hu Tao:
Hu Tao:
Hu Tao: killing Delta
Hu Tao:
Hu Tao:
Hu Tao: Delta also kinda suspects you OutWorld so let's do some double bluff stuff and I can raise a point about scum tending to shoot off the wagon so we should look off the wagon, etc... this will throw them into chaos! make them doubt everything they've ever known! If we're lucky we hit Delta being a power role as well, and they won't be protected.
OutWorld: eh sure I would never have thought of this. Crazy, but it could work
-----
*prod*
Jacob: sorry I've been really busy right now. I'll let you guys handle this.
Hu Tao: perfect, agreed I'll make the kill as the least sus is on me right now?
no need to use juggernaut yet {if one of them is jug idk)

OutWorld: ok. this'll be fun!
Jacob: ---
asking because this felt extremely weird to read, and like you trying to cover up the fact that you know scum has a strongman shot
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

i also have a Mini Normal !

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Best Social Game

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:11 pm

Post by Gypyx »

juggernaut* my bad old name for the role
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:12 pm

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1402, Gypyx wrote:
In post 1332, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 1328, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 1323, OutWorldER wrote:
Spoiler: quote
In post 907, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 891, OutWorldER wrote: i'm not putting too much stock in the DeltaWave NKA cuz it could've happened for a million different reasons,
from someone thinking her reads were a genuine threat to them
all the way to scum thinking she was a pr for whatever reason

Ok so looking at Delta's ISO:

In post 142, DeltaWave wrote: VOTE: Ketchup777

I can elaborate but just look at the ISO and tell me I'm wrong.
started off by accusing me
In post 688, DeltaWave wrote: Initial thoughts -

Hu Tao - I get a town vibe from these posts.

Gypyx - I'm not sure yet.

ProjEctRy - A lot of filler. Neutral leaning sus.

Dannflor - 228 is so, so, so bad. Criticism of Drew seems forced. 277 is the kind of OMGUS I don't like. Drew being defensive as cited in 315 is not a scumtell at all. Everyone wants to stay alive no matter the wincon.

bugspray - The infamous multitasker poster. Let's face it, it was a stupid post, but was it scummy? A town PR would never out themselves like that. I could see a whacked out VT doing that, though.

Luca Blight - I don't really like the whole "I found the scumteam on post 24" stuff but this seems like it's coming from overexcited town than scum. It's just too much attention to draw on page 2. It's a bold move for scum to pick fights and make enemies that early in the game. OTOH, the reads are based on thin logic. But then again, that's what town does. Will say null town. Points deducted for not recognizing my meme. The confidence in 130, presuming it's Luca!Scum and they're trying to get a miselim on BG, seems unlikely. With BG almost being limmed I wouldn't expect scum to take such a strong position because it would get them trouble later after the flip.

Jacob24 - I can't tell you exactly why, but Post 88 didn't rub me the right way. Overall a sideliner.

iamveryhappy - I get the impression that they are staying close to the sidelines despite participating in the discussion. I think this is scummy.

ketchup777 - Newbie town probably.

Psyche - Overall I like the posts.

DeltaWave - Obvscum

Black - Not sure at this time.

Doctor Drew - Seems to ask a lot of questions without providing a lot of opinions. Not really liking that.

OutWorldER - Shading bugspray for the multitasker post isn't entirely unjustified but the reasoning on #85 seems like there's a hard attempt to justify that vote. The same thing kind of goes for #94.

VOTE: Daan
then after unvoting me, Delta sussed Project, Jacob, OutWorldEr, Drew, Dann and iavh. a lot of susses, the last 3 of which now seem/are innocent. I agree we don't want to run mind games but in case we decide to look deeper, these seem to be Delta's enemies.
In post 689, DeltaWave wrote: Dann/OutWorld/someone else mkes sense to me. Maybe iavh
only you, OutWorldEr, remain in Delta's trio read. Convenient you try to get us not to worry too much about the reasoning for Delta's death?

I assumed because of the post I snipped, which specifically called me out as the one remaining person in Delta's solve who hadn't flipped. I thought you were implying that I had killed Delta out of fear for her read on me, to which I countered that were I to be scum, then I'd have two other partners who would also have to OK that fear-kill, on a player who had a fair share of scumreads going into D2.
Ok sure I'll give you benefit of the doubt for now. But I never said that you were the one to suggest the idea of killing Delta. It seems like you misread what I said where a town might see the ambiguity and consider both possible cases (Outworld the suggester vs Outworld the oohilikethisideasureletsdoiter).
This is how I imagine it went down in the scum PT.

Hu Tao: hey guys do you know what would be fun
Hu Tao:
Hu Tao:
Hu Tao: killing Delta
Hu Tao:
Hu Tao:
Hu Tao: Delta also kinda suspects you OutWorld so let's do some double bluff stuff and I can raise a point about scum tending to shoot off the wagon so we should look off the wagon, etc... this will throw them into chaos! make them doubt everything they've ever known! If we're lucky we hit Delta being a power role as well, and they won't be protected.
OutWorld: eh sure I would never have thought of this. Crazy, but it could work
-----
*prod*
Jacob: sorry I've been really busy right now. I'll let you guys handle this.
Hu Tao: perfect, agreed I'll make the kill as the least sus is on me right now?
no need to use juggernaut yet {if one of them is jug idk)

OutWorld: ok. this'll be fun!
Jacob: ---
asking because this felt extremely weird to read, and like you trying to cover up the fact that you know scum has a strongman shot
Oh right yeah I see I knew i should’ve just left that out whatevs

(The last 3/4 games I looked at all had a juggernaut in)
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:13 pm

Post by ketchup777 »

I thought my "{if they have a juggernaut idk}" made it clear I pointed out what I was saying
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Best Social Game

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:17 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 1405, ketchup777 wrote: I thought my "{if they have a juggernaut idk}" made it clear I pointed out what I was saying
I don't really care about you making it a conditional assumption, like, the raw fact that making this part of the joke came up to your mind is what i'm suspicious of

it being in 3/4 games you've watched is a justification, but not the strongest ever

if we ever flip a jugg i guess that's like +100000 scumpoints, otherwise still a bit weird
Show

bottom text
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:20 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1406, Gypyx wrote:
In post 1405, ketchup777 wrote: I thought my "{if they have a juggernaut idk}" made it clear I pointed out what I was saying
I don't really care about you making it a conditional assumption, like, the raw fact that making this part of the joke came up to your mind is what i'm suspicious of

it being in 3/4 games you've watched is a justification, but not the strongest ever

if we ever flip a jugg i guess that's like +100000 scumpoints, otherwise still a bit weird
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:21 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

May I have one of those straws you're grasping at, I need one for my drink. Preferably not the paper ones

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:21 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1401, ketchup777 wrote: I’ll reply to where we left off in a bit Jackson btw
Mhm can't wait

wiki // GTKAS
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:22 pm

Post by ketchup777 »

yeah sure. if we flip a jug I’ll be pretty happy even if I look bad now

has it not occurred to you that certain aspects of my role might make me suspect a jug..?
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:26 pm

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1408, JacksonVirgo wrote:

May I have one of those straws you're grasping at, I need one for my drink. Preferably not the paper ones
Hahaha. Thanks for not rushing Titus yet (:
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Best Social Game

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:27 pm

Post by Gypyx »

i'm gonna google "grasping at straws" and if the answer is not nice be aware that i'll get very sad
Show

bottom text
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:28 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Oh do you not know the term?

wiki // GTKAS
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Best Social Game

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:28 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 1412, Gypyx wrote:

i'm gonna google "grasping at straws" and if the answer is not nice be aware that i'll get very sad
really not sure what this is supposed to mean
Show

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Best Social Game

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:29 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 1410, ketchup777 wrote:

has it not occurred to you that certain aspects of my role might make me suspect a jug..?
well if there are that's something we should wait for during massclaim, notice how i'm not doing anything with that yet
Show

bottom text
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:44 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1411, ketchup777 wrote: Hahaha. Thanks for not rushing Titus yet (:
No need to thank me, if I wanted it they'd be hammered right now. When can I expect you to get back to what we were talking about earlier?

wiki // GTKAS
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:51 pm

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1346, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1344, ketchup777 wrote: Blue --> Jacob makes it seem as if he won't be volatile, but he turns out being volatile. I might be misusing volatile, so I'll rephrase. 30 gives slow and confident voter vibes. Jacob actually sends out a ton of different and underjustified votes, which was surprising.
Pink--> Sure. I'm trying to pick apart the language, wrong or right, because if it stands out to me it might be worth mentioning. I know people are different. But the mafia exist out there somewhere...
Green--> Wasn't green essentially the same point as blue or did I misunderstand
I love how we're sticking to the colours

Blue -> Yeah, I understand. Why do you think this is scummy? That's my main reason for asking in the first place.
Pink -> The mafia very much does exist somewhere but that doesn't justify reading someone for the language they use just because it's the language they used that you disagree with. People are different
Green -> It was a mixed question, but I am curious what you make of it anyway. Do you town-read careful planning, or volatile behaviour? Or neither? Why?
yeah haha. colourblind people rejoicing rn

Blue—> I feel that mafia are not so invested in the solving of the game, and so throwing around underjustified votes is tempting for a mafia, less so for an invested townie. its even somewhat possible he was being directed what to say in the scum PT for a while. Unfortunately only you and/or the mafia know if this is true or not.

Pink—> don’t want to start going in circles, but isn’t it important to question people‘s linguistical choices sometimes? People keep flagging all the dodgy-sounding things I say…

Green—> the phrasing of your question reminds me so much of an English lit question ahaha. But it’s a fair question. So I’ll try:

Careful planning:

Depends how organised the mafia team is. Three conflicting and/or self-confident personalities might not plan much together at all. But I suppose now I think about it careful planning might well be more of a mafia trait because they need to be so careful what they say, us townies not so much.

Volatile behaviour:

NOO THE WORD VOLATILE I really hope I’m using it right

anyway

I guess following on from the point above, volatile behaviour could well be more of a town indicator. I think it comes down to people’s different playstyles tbh. It’s just the
lack of consistency
I was questioning in Jacob. Town!Jacob (a player born into this site on the same day as me, so very fresh) might be super careful to not get voted out for saying something stupid, so might actually check his things over more than mafia!jacob, who wants to win with vibes and not have to do lots of meaningless analysis (maybe)

note: wanted to send this 15 mins ago but bus signal is pretty dreadful (volatile you could say)
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:53 pm

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1414, Gypyx wrote:
In post 1412, Gypyx wrote:

really not sure what this is supposed to mean
He means your theory is a stretch. I suppose the origin of the idiom is like grasping around in the darkness, at some point you will grasp onto a straw (correct theory of who’s scum) but it’s unlikely.
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:54 pm

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1416, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1411, ketchup777 wrote: Hahaha. Thanks for not rushing Titus yet (:
No need to thank me, if I wanted it they'd be hammered right now. When can I expect you to get back to what we were talking about earlier?
yay

sorryyy schoolbus route sucks
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:55 pm

Post by Thomith »

Votecount 2.9
Votecount 2.9

Titus (5):
OutWorldER, Hu Tao, Gypyx, Black, Doctor Drew
E-1

Hu Tao (2):
ketchup777, Luca Blight
Black (1):
Titus
Gypyx (1):
JacksonVirgo

Not Voting (1):
Psyche

With 10 Alive, it takes 6 to secure an execution, and 5 to secure a no execution.

Day One ends in (expired on 2024-02-10 18:21:39)

Mod Notes
None.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.

I have a Micro Normal currently Ongoing.
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:56 pm

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1415, Gypyx wrote:
In post 1410, ketchup777 wrote:

well if there are that's something we should wait for during massclaim, notice how i'm not doing anything with that yet
oh yeah sorry im still new to the meta of all this

please don’t juggernaut me ):
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:56 pm

Post by ketchup777 »

Or dont kill me in general that would be great too in fact
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Best Social Game

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:58 pm

Post by Gypyx »

UNVOTE:

actually this wagon sucks wtf

Hu Tao are you a member of the mafia
Show

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Best Social Game

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:59 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 1422, ketchup777 wrote: Or dont kill me in general that would be great too in fact
can't promise anything to you, sorry :cry:
Show

bottom text

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”