Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:58 am

Post by Vivax »

Don't frame this lim as if it's personal. I don't think anyone wants to lim Luca because they dislike him, but because they think he's mafia.

He can be a great guy and all but I am just not convinced that he prefers to solve over positioning himself favourably according to thread sentiment.

He could be pushing Roden or DP right now but he is visibly more bothered by having his alignment questioned and that's where his attention prefers to be.

I don't know what it is with you and rabbit holes. Let the poor animals sleep.
What do you want me to tell you?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:58 am

Post by Luca Blight »

I appreciate your comments, Ninja.

I'm not above bussing as scum, but as I explained earlier I certainly wouldn't have acted in this manner as scum in general, and especially if my partners were Roden and/or Dann.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:59 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

You're kicking someone out of the game for your own benefit. Because you know the chips are gonna fall in your favor, right? I mean in this scenario, the person really is guilty, so you're probably going to get what you want here.

Scum wincon is to win the game by yeeting/nk enough town. It isn’t to be nice to their teammate or help them survive to the end. I see nothing wrong with someone doing something they think will give them a higher chance to win. When scum win, all the scum win no matter if they are alive or not
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:03 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1700, Vivax wrote: Don't frame this lim as if it's personal. I don't think anyone wants to lim Luca because they dislike him, but because they think he's mafia.

He can be a great guy and all but I am just not convinced that he prefers to solve over positioning himself favourably according to thread sentiment.

He could be pushing Roden or DP right now but he is visibly more bothered by having his alignment questioned and that's where his attention prefers to be.

How am I more bothered about having my alignment questioned?

And how can I push Roden, who is absent? I would argue I have pushed Darth a fair bit, which would have been pretty counter-productive if I were actually scum and him town. Remember, Darth didn't scumread me before I got involved and countered his points against Dann, and based on Dann's very case it was obvious Darth would scumread me based on this intervention. Please consider that for a moment.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:06 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 1703, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 1700, Vivax wrote: Don't frame this lim as if it's personal. I don't think anyone wants to lim Luca because they dislike him, but because they think he's mafia.

And how can I push Roden, who is absent? I would argue I have pushed Darth a fair bit, which would have been pretty counter-productive if I were actually scum and him town. Remember, Darth didn't scumread me before I got involved and countered his points against Dann, and based on Dann's very case it was obvious Darth would scumread me based on this intervention. Please consider that for a moment.
If it‘s you, Dann and Roden on the table, what makes them better eliminations ?

I‘m not asking for a huge effort just for your immediate thoughts on the matter.

Why should we lim them over you in as few words as possible.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:14 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1704, Vivax wrote:
In post 1703, Luca Blight wrote:

If it‘s you, Dann and Roden on the table, what makes them better eliminations ?

I‘m not asking for a huge effort just for your immediate thoughts on the matter.

Why should we lim them over you in as few words as possible.

I don't agree with your elimination candidates, sorry. I'm willing to vote only in: Roden, Hu Tao, Naerys, Darth. I've already explained why you shouldn't eliminate me or Dann, so you can take it or leave it.

Now the dust has settled, Roden is still my more confident scumread, if this kind of play is actually typical of Town!Darth as oats claims, so my vote will remain there for now.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:21 am

Post by SuperfluousNinja »

Guys, please. I don't need you to explain to me how bussing works. You don't need to explain the strategy behind it or why a person might do it.

If you're going to talk to me about it more, talk about why it doesn't stick out to you that Luca did it THIS early, THIS proactively.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:23 am

In post 1701, Luca Blight wrote: I appreciate your comments, Ninja.

I'm not above bussing as scum, but as I explained earlier I certainly wouldn't have acted in this manner as scum in general, and especially if my partners were Roden and/or Dann.

Could you by chance re-quote where you said this about why you wouldn't bus Roden or Dann in particular? That will probably really clear my head on this. (also maybe everyone else here really needs to see it)
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:26 am

Vivax, where the hell did I say that people are voting Luca because they don't like him on a personal level? Where on earth did I say this?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:27 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Spoiler: Why I wouldn't bus Roden or defend Dann like this as scum
In post 1592, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 1590, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 1588, Luca Blight wrote: It's mad to think I would play like this as scum if they were my partners, in my opinion.
What would you play like if they were your partners

Well, for one, I wouldn't provoke Darth Punk into his inevitable 'Dann/Luca' conclusion with . I wouldn't defend Dann as much as I'm doing, as I'd be overly aware of it and I wouldn't find it necessary, as I think Dann can take care of himself without my protection, In fact, I'd probably be more likely to side with Darth Punk in this conflict, betting on there being a more likely compromise elimination at the end of the day. Especially as Darth punk previously townread me.

I don't think I would create a situation where Roden, my partner, is my only scumread, either. Or if I did, I would have bussed a lot harder.
In post 1597, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 1595, DarthPunk wrote: Can you read my case and explain why I am wrong then if you Think dann is obv town. Luca?

Yes, I will do a bit later.

In post 1596, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 1593, Luca Blight wrote: And in reality Dann would have created his own problems by pursuing Darth Punk in such a way, if Dann is scum and Darth Punk town.

You are looking at the game in such a simplistic manner, oats.
You haven’t really defended dann though and you couldn’t have done anything about roden

People keep suggesting I've been 'soft-defending' Dann, and now apparently I haven't been defending him?

In my opinion, stating that you clearly townread someone who is being cased as scum and voted by multiple players is a form of defence.

Regarding Roden, I'm not sure what you mean? the reason he was suspected in the first place stemmed from my initial interactions with him. I could have either used his 'joke' to twist that as him being more likely town, which is I think what Vivax townread him for, although i could be wrong, or I would have hard-bussed. In such a game as this, I would have definitely used something like that to give myself a chance to seem productive and proactive, rather than sitting idly on the vote while Roden catches up. I just can't imagine townreading Dann as I have either if we were scum - I would have used Dann as a way to have easy interactions in the thread to make it look as though I was sorting him.

A bit like you and Outoforder, for example - you are bouncing ideas off each other and both seem really town (and I think you are), but it wouldn't shock me if you two were capable of that as scum, and you'd have the motivation and energy for it as you clearly enjoy playing with each other.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:27 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 1706, SuperfluousNinja wrote: Guys, please. I don't need you to explain to me how bussing works. You don't need to explain the strategy behind it or why a person might do it.

If you're going to talk to me about it more, talk about why it doesn't stick out to you that Luca did it THIS early, THIS proactively.
Roden was dead in the water once he couldn’t post.
Ez cred
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:30 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1710, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 1706, SuperfluousNinja wrote: Guys, please. I don't need you to explain to me how bussing works. You don't need to explain the strategy behind it or why a person might do it.

Ez cred

Can you clarify what you mean by '
once he couldn't post
'?
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:31 am

Ez cred

You're referring to Roden's real life injury, right? I'm pretty sure Luca's vote was well before that happened, was it not?
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:31 am

Post by gob »

its luca bligh
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:31 am

Post by gob »

im nothing im wrong im stupid
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:32 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Also Oats, do you still believe in your Roden/Dann/Luca theory, or have you been swayed at all by what I've said?
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:33 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 1711, Luca Blight wrote:

Ez cred

Can you clarify what you mean by '
once he couldn't post
'?
His medical issue?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:34 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1712, SuperfluousNinja wrote:

Ez cred

You're referring to Roden's real life injury, right? I'm pretty sure Luca's vote was well before that happened, was it not?

And in that case, why would he be
'dead in the water
' any more than someone like Naerys, for example?

Having a real life injury is a valid reason for less activity anyway.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:34 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

Ez cred

Yes voting once isn’t a hard commit especially early in the game so if roden was able to extricate himself then Luca can flip off him but it never happened so why not stay on for the cred. Not like Luca pushed him and pushed him, all he did was leave his vote on roden
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:35 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 1717, Luca Blight wrote:

Ez cred

'dead in the water

Being scum and not being able to post as the leading wagon means you are dead in the water, it has nothing to do with anyone else
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:36 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

Like I’m not sure why everything has to be explained to the most minute detail…
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:36 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 1715, Luca Blight wrote: Also Oats, do you still believe in your Roden/Dann/Luca theory, or have you been swayed at all by what I've said?
I’m not wasting my time/energy entertaining teams anymore till I see a flip
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:37 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1719, Oatsmaster wrote:

Ez cred

'dead in the water

Being scum and not being able to post as the leading wagon means you are dead in the water, it has nothing to do with anyone else

So he was the leading wagon at this time, so your theory makes no sense then as I was already bussing him by this time, in your mind?
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:38 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 1722, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 1719, Oatsmaster wrote:

Ez cred

'dead in the water

So he was the leading wagon at this time, so your theory makes no sense then as I was already bussing him by this time, in your mind?
This doesn’t make sense, rephrase
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:38 am

In post 1709, Luca Blight wrote:
Spoiler: Why I wouldn't bus Roden or defend Dann like this as scum
In post 1592, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 1590, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 1588, Luca Blight wrote: It's mad to think I would play like this as scum if they were my partners, in my opinion.
What would you play like if they were your partners

Well, for one, I wouldn't provoke Darth Punk into his inevitable 'Dann/Luca' conclusion with . I wouldn't defend Dann as much as I'm doing, as I'd be overly aware of it and I wouldn't find it necessary, as I think Dann can take care of himself without my protection, In fact, I'd probably be more likely to side with Darth Punk in this conflict, betting on there being a more likely compromise elimination at the end of the day. Especially as Darth punk previously townread me.

I don't think I would create a situation where Roden, my partner, is my only scumread, either. Or if I did, I would have bussed a lot harder.
In post 1597, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 1595, DarthPunk wrote: Can you read my case and explain why I am wrong then if you Think dann is obv town. Luca?

Yes, I will do a bit later.

In post 1596, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 1593, Luca Blight wrote: And in reality Dann would have created his own problems by pursuing Darth Punk in such a way, if Dann is scum and Darth Punk town.

You are looking at the game in such a simplistic manner, oats.
You haven’t really defended dann though and you couldn’t have done anything about roden

People keep suggesting I've been 'soft-defending' Dann, and now apparently I haven't been defending him?

In my opinion, stating that you clearly townread someone who is being cased as scum and voted by multiple players is a form of defence.

Regarding Roden, I'm not sure what you mean? the reason he was suspected in the first place stemmed from my initial interactions with him. I could have either used his 'joke' to twist that as him being more likely town, which is I think what Vivax townread him for, although i could be wrong, or I would have hard-bussed. In such a game as this, I would have definitely used something like that to give myself a chance to seem productive and proactive, rather than sitting idly on the vote while Roden catches up. I just can't imagine townreading Dann as I have either if we were scum - I would have used Dann as a way to have easy interactions in the thread to make it look as though I was sorting him.

A bit like you and Outoforder, for example - you are bouncing ideas off each other and both seem really town (and I think you are), but it wouldn't shock me if you two were capable of that as scum, and you'd have the motivation and energy for it as you clearly enjoy playing with each other.

Thank you for this. I especially see how this part is true:
I wouldn't defend Dann as much as I'm doing, as I'd be overly aware of it and I wouldn't find it necessary, as I think Dann can take care of himself without my protection

Consider me officially disembarked from the choo choo Luca train.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”