Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #2900 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:04 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 2899, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 2893, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 2886, Vivax wrote: Technically if Luca was town and my reads were correct, mafia could push or hammer him.

But they don‘t. Do you think me/naerys/Oats have one mafia or are we the entirety of it ? Work from there.
This is a good point, I know I’m town, so Luca is an easy easy push to misyeet to get me next

It's actually not a good point. If scum suddenly jumped on and hammered me out of nowhere this early in the day it would look scummy af. We're not in melo.

I'm pretty sure I'm being voted by at least one scum, in any case.
And you believe it‘s Oats. Pretend that I believe you are town. Why are you eliminating Naerys from the pool ?
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2901 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:12 pm

Post by Vivax »

UNVOTE:

Maybe this will help you
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2902 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:12 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 2886, Vivax wrote: Technically if Luca was town and my reads were correct, mafia could push or hammer him.

But they don‘t. Do you think me/naerys/Oats have one mafia or are we the entirety of it ? Work from there.
This is a good point, I know I’m town, so Luca is an easy easy push to misyeet to get me next

It's actually not a good point. If scum suddenly jumped on and hammered me out of nowhere this early in the day it would look scummy af. We're not in melo.

Not hammered but like pushing it obviously…
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2903 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:20 pm

Post by Vivax »

Luca might think we‘re playing along because we‘re from the same community but he also doesn‘t provide the thought that we might just be partnered mafia.

Why though ? That‘s the most logical explanation.
I can see the paranoia. Very familiar with it .
I can guarantee that Luca can convince me on why Oats is mafia if he can show me why.
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #2904 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:56 pm

Post by Naerys »

In post 2883, gob wrote: I think Dannfloor is mafia. They don't seem to be solving much at all.
Hmm
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2905 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:57 pm

Post by Naerys »

i think dann did plenty of solving and gob is sus
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2906 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:58 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 2771, Luca Blight wrote: Another example that Darth doesn't believe anything he says:

In post 2290, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 2289, Luca Blight wrote: I've read through Dunn's Iso and there is literally nothing in there that makes me think he might be town. I actually thought I liked some of his posts just skimming through the game, but it really stands out how little he has done when reading his posts in isolation, mainly talking about theory and posting about things that aren't going to help progress the game in any meaningful way.

VOTE: Dunnstral

I'll get to some more Iso'ing soon.
This whole string of ISO post reeked of forgone conclusion Luca just went through and tried to find anything scummy to justify his vote instead of calling it what it is. A lurker vote.

I’m happy he spewed Dunn town tho.
In post 2351, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 2349, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 2345, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 2342, outoforder wrote: It's time to go, Dunnstral is the way to go. :)
Im not getting off my reads just because you say so, I have legit reasons to yeet both of them.
theres at least 3 mafia :>
come to the dunn side
Fine.

UNVOTE: unvote

VOTE: Darth Punk
These two posts are a lot more damning than the case DP/OoO posted against Luca imo. DP is way too easily swayed to move his vote by OoO/Oats.
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2907 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:59 pm

Post by Naerys »

VOTE: gob
i actually wish to head this way
anybody up for this
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2908 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:59 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 2900, Vivax wrote:

And you believe it‘s Oats. Pretend that I believe you are town. Why are you eliminating Naerys from the pool ?

Who said I'm eliminating Naerys from the pool?

I'm at work now, so will respond to other points later.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2909 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:14 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 2908, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 2900, Vivax wrote:

Who said I'm eliminating Naerys from the pool?

I'm at work now, so will respond to other points later.
You just had three votes on you: Of which you chose Oats to be the one to be the mafia.

If it was a community thing like you said, me and Oats would be equally suspicious, while Naerys could possibly be the odd townie one.

But you weren‘t considering all of us three equally at the same time.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2910 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:17 pm

Post by gob »

In post 2905, Naerys wrote: i think dann did plenty of solving and gob is sus
Like what? I mean day 2
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2911 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:20 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 2906, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 2771, Luca Blight wrote: Another example that Darth doesn't believe anything he says:

In post 2289, Luca Blight wrote: I've read through Dunn's Iso and there is literally nothing in there that makes me think he might be town. I actually thought I liked some of his posts just skimming through the game, but it really stands out how little he has done when reading his posts in isolation, mainly talking about theory and posting about things that aren't going to help progress the game in any meaningful way.

This whole string of ISO post reeked of forgone conclusion Luca just went through and tried to find anything scummy to justify his vote instead of calling it what it is. A lurker vote.

Im not getting off my reads just because you say so, I have legit reasons to yeet both of them.
come to the dunn side
Fine.

These two posts are a lot more damning than the case DP/OoO posted against Luca imo. DP is way too easily swayed to move his vote by OoO/Oats.
In fact, reading over these posts again, there's actually multiple layers of contradictions here.

There's the obvious one where DP is strongly scum reading Luca and says that the way Luca has tried to justify his vote on Dunnstral has spewed Dunnstral as town, but then he votes for Dunnstral anyway.

But there's also a more subtle contradiction. When voting for Dunnstral DP says that he has legit reasons to yeet Dunnstral, but in the previous post he was calling Luca scum for trying to justify his vote (on Dunnstral) when it's nothing more than a lurker yeet.

I think DP slipped because he wanted to stay buddied with Oats/OutofOrder.
VOTE: DarthPunk
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2912 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:22 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

I have a hard time seeing DP being able to make these posts if he actually believes in what he's pushing.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2913 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:23 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 2907, Naerys wrote: VOTE: gob
i actually wish to head this way
anybody up for this
I can +1 the vote but as a guess it‘s contraintuitive for me

VOTE: gob
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2914 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:32 pm

Post by Vivax »

I don‘t see how gob is mafia trying to win the game over being fuck all not trying to solve it at all.

On the other hand I could see Oats being in charge of keeping the heat off DP while he‘s mia.

It‘s a bit unlikely for Grack to have this drastic turnaround on him if he‘s partnered with him ?

Maybe this could ease lots of doubts on Lucas, Ninjas and Dannflors side especially:

Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2915 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:37 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 2911, Grackaroni wrote:

come to the dunn side
Fine.

In fact, reading over these posts again, there's actually multiple layers of contradictions here.

There's the obvious one where DP is strongly scum reading Luca and says that the way Luca has tried to justify his vote on Dunnstral has spewed Dunnstral as town, but then he votes for Dunnstral anyway.

But there's also a more subtle contradiction. When voting for Dunnstral DP says that he has legit reasons to yeet Dunnstral, but in the previous post he was calling Luca scum for trying to justify his vote (on Dunnstral) when it's nothing more than a lurker yeet.

The only thing that bugs me here is how you assume that DP would need to buddy Oats.

I think OoO is a fairly easy townread while Oats isn‘t. Oats is a bit like me in that he does what he wants, so he can easily come across as estranged no matter the alignment.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2916 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:45 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 2915, Vivax wrote:
In post 2911, Grackaroni wrote:

come to the dunn side
Fine.

The only thing that bugs me here is how you assume that DP would need to buddy Oats.

I think OoO is a fairly easy townread while Oats isn‘t. Oats is a bit like me in that he does what he wants, so he can easily come across as estranged no matter the alignment.
I agree with that. I just meant that I think his vote was prompted by OoO and Oats pushing him to vote that way even though the vote is contrary to his earlier post.

From the way the rest of the players are posting in this game I don't believe that there are no tl players that are mafia.

I have felt that you/OutofOrder are interested in figuring out my alignment.

I haven't felt that from either Darthpunk or Oats
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2917 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:48 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

I don't believe Ninja is ever mafia.

Hu Tao's guilty ploy at the start seems more like it comes from town and she followed up with reasonable conclusions based off of it rather than just trying to do it to make chaos.
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2918 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:51 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

Also blown away by the character change from Gob. :P

I kind of agree with his thoughts on Dannflor. Dannflor started out like he wanted to be the town's leader and he's been fading away from that.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2919 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:11 pm

Post by DarthPunk »

I see the votes on me I would appreciate if you guys gave me some time to play before you hammer.

Basic response to grack post. I had shit up the thread for two days arguing about Luca and when ooo came In the thread and town read him. I basically gave up for the evening and doubted my read for a second. I have regrets but it is what it is.

After two days of looking back on the thread I was sure about Luca and ht. The fake cop claim from ht threw me for a minute but now I am sure again.

I have felt you were town grack since you started posting and I’m pretty sure I mentioned that so I’m not sure why you think I need to be curious about your alignment if I have two solid scum reads and a town read on you while I’m super busy irl.

My play this game has been really disrupted by irl stuff cause of my birthday and the fact it’s summer so I’m doing outdoor stuff.

I think my play stands on its own when I’m active but I don’t blame people being thrown by engagement levels when i am so sporadic in my activity.

I’ll try and have a re-read but I’m pretty locked in on a Luca - ht - x team maybe with gob cause he is just a massive troll who doesn’t actually play the game.

Anyway that’s my response pretty much.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2920 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:12 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

In post 2884, gob wrote: DarthPunk / oatsmaster / Vivax / Dannflor

This is who we should lim today. I am leaning Dannfloor right now. Vivax I have liked some of their posts today. Oatsmasters has been consistent with his tone the entire game. He seems like a towny who has an off-putting tone, and when confronted with SRs, they double down instead of changing their tone.
DarthPunk I haven't like their posts as I explained before. I do like their Hu Tao vote today though.
Wait why do you say we should lim Oats and then write that he seems like a towny?
Grackaroni
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Grackaroni
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2921 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:29 pm

Post by Grackaroni »

I don't advocate anyone hammering early.

Give some time for OutofOrder to come in and start yelling at me, or maybe he will actually side with me. :P
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2922 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:52 pm

Post by Oatsmaster »

I don’t really see why scum darth punk has to go on Dunn there tbh. Like we are assuming Luca and hu Tao are both town in this situation right? He can just chill on Luca and let Dunn happen
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2923 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:05 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 2918, Grackaroni wrote: Also blown away by the character change from Gob. :P

I kind of agree with his thoughts on Dannflor. Dannflor started out like he wanted to be the town's leader and he's been fading away from that.
Haven’t felt like gob changed ever.
Still a potato that looks scummy to anyone who thinks all town are tryhards.

Basically Dunnstral but he was more of an absolute null which looked like proper mafia because he still tried to look rational while wothholding information
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2924 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:09 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 2922, Oatsmaster wrote: I don’t really see why scum darth punk has to go on Dunn there tbh. Like we are assuming Luca and hu Tao are both town in this situation right? He can just chill on Luca and let Dunn happen

You always seem to miss the point, and I'm more and more believing this is deliberate on your part.

The point is that Darth supposedly scumread me to the point that my Iso'ing and subsequent vote on Dunn spewed him as town, yet then he easily allows himself to be talked into voting Dunn shortly thereafter.

It's just one example of many showing that Darth does not actually mean or believe what he says. If he did, then he wouldn't have switched to Dunn so easily - it makes no sense if he truly believed I was scum and that my previous posts strongly implied that Dunn was therefore town.

It's also potentially scum-motivated as scum never ideally want their main push to be voted out D1 - if I was eliminated, my town flip instantly makes Darth look a little more suspect, and he is forced to reevaluate the game, which is difficult to do as scum when you have to fake your reads. Dunn being eliminated, and then continuing his push on me today, was always optimal for scum!Darth.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”