Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3100 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:49 am

Post by SuperfluousNinja »

In post 3039, DarthPunk wrote: I’m appalled at the play of everyone who town reads him.

You ask where you've been toxic? This is Exhibit A. You're telling everyone that has a read that differs from yours that you are "appalled by their play". That is toxic. Even if it's really how you feel, it is still toxic.

I mean, as town, you should know better than this. You don't want to demoralize town, not EVER, and sure someone who has played as long as you have knows that. Zeus knows how difficult it is to sort through games like this and how easy it is to get fired up, so if you're really on the side of order and not on the side of chaos, you should have zero interest in saying stuff like this that could only serve to make townies feel worse about themselves.

And please stop acting like I'm bringing this up because I think it breaks the rules. I'm aware of what is allowed in this game. Everything I'm bringing up in here is to help me scum read you; it's not from some angle that I want the mod to straighten you out or some such thing. If I actually think that's happening, I have the ability to DM the mod and take it up privately, and I WOULD do that privately if I had an actual concern about rules being broken. I wouldn't do that HERE.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3101 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:49 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 3098, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 3095, outoforder wrote: Do you think Luca goes 1v1 against you as mafia?
Do you think he will win that argument?
It’s concerning tbh. Doesn’t make much sense as mafia but I kind of feel like he knows that and that was the point of the post more than the actual 1v1 proposition.

I am emotionally inclined to agree to it as well. But I find it outside of the spirit of the game and I generally would never entertain shit like that as either alignment.

So do you agree to it or not? It seems like you're backtracking a bit here after agreeing to it earlier.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3102 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:50 am

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 3097, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 3092, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 3085, Luca Blight wrote: The fact he gets so toxic is just another benefit of voting him out - we won't have to deal with that anymore and game instantly becomes more enjoyable.

This is super manipulative based on ninjas proclivities towards behaviour standards.

I don’t Think I have been toxic at all. Can you point out how this has been the case.

Because that is a serious thing to say to someone that is not about their alignment.

I will say that for me the game has become unenjoyable (although I feel better now I've accepted my inevitable lim) due to the atmosphere created in the thread from players such as you and Oats. I realise now it's probably part of your plan as scum to create such an environment, where people are afraid to even vote you for what your reaction might be. The fact you gang up as well, it's pretty shitty to play against.

I wouldn't say that anything you've particularly said has crossed the line, so I will take back my 'toxic' comment, as maybe that was a bit harsh.
You are giving as good as you are getting tbh.

I found that comment to not only be off the mark but also highly manipulative in the way it was used with ninja, enticing her to vote your way based on a narrative of toxicity where there is none. Not based on alignment. But for personal reasons.

Really distasteful overall regardless of your alignment.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3103 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:52 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 3102, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 3085, Luca Blight wrote: The fact he gets so toxic is just another benefit of voting him out - we won't have to deal with that anymore and game instantly becomes more enjoyable.

This is super manipulative based on ninjas proclivities towards behaviour standards.

I don’t Think I have been toxic at all. Can you point out how this has been the case.

Because that is a serious thing to say to someone that is not about their alignment.

I will say that for me the game has become unenjoyable (although I feel better now I've accepted my inevitable lim) due to the atmosphere created in the thread from players such as you and Oats. I realise now it's probably part of your plan as scum to create such an environment, where people are afraid to even vote you for what your reaction might be. The fact you gang up as well, it's pretty shitty to play against.

I wouldn't say that anything you've particularly said has crossed the line, so I will take back my 'toxic' comment, as maybe that was a bit harsh.

I found that comment to not only be off the mark but also highly manipulative in the way it was used with ninja, enticing her to vote your way based on a narrative of toxicity where there is none. Not based on alignment. But for personal reasons.

You and Oats have shouted me down for most of the game, including at times when I wasn't even talking to you (like when I was Iso'ing people). I think I'm entitled to bite back a little.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3104 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:53 am

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 3101, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 3095, outoforder wrote: Do you think Luca goes 1v1 against you as mafia?
It’s concerning tbh. Doesn’t make much sense as mafia but I kind of feel like he knows that and that was the point of the post more than the actual 1v1 proposition.

I am emotionally inclined to agree to it as well. But I find it outside of the spirit of the game and I generally would never entertain shit like that as either alignment.

So do you agree to it or not? It seems like you're backtracking a bit here after agreeing to it earlier.
Nah I don’t agree to stuff like that ever as either alignment.

It’s outside of the spirit of the game in my opinion and results in the game becoming a series of 1v1 ego battles and robs the other players of agency in decision making if it even goes ahead.

I am happy when either of us are eliminated for the people in the thread to decide what to do after the flips.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3105 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:54 am

Post by SuperfluousNinja »

Please. You portray me like this helpless child who is unable to control my emotions and can be easily manipulated. Stop with this angle, it's not true.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3106 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:56 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 3104, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 3101, Luca Blight wrote:

Nah I don’t agree to stuff like that ever as either alignment.

It’s outside of the spirit of the game in my opinion and results in the game becoming a series of 1v1 ego battles and robs the other players of agency in decision making if it even goes ahead.

I am happy when either of us are eliminated for the people in the thread to decide what to do after the flips.

Ok, fair enough.

I do suggest that people vote for either me or Darth today, though - it would indeed be an informative flip I feel.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3107 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:57 am

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 3103, Luca Blight wrote:

You and Oats have shouted me down for most of the game, including at times when I wasn't even talking to you (like when I was Iso'ing people). I think I'm entitled to bite back a little.
Absolutely you are, that is the game. But I have outlined where you crossed the line with that toxic comment and I think you agree.

I wish you hadn’t set ninja off but I think you did it on purpose so I will blame that on you 😛

The other stuff is part of the game and having strong players with opposed views will always result in tension I don’t have harsh feelings towards you for also making the game suck for me. As long as we both acknowledged we are active participants (I even tried to disengage several times to give you space and get called mafia for it 🙃)
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3108 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:58 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Who called you mafia for that?

An why would you want to give me space when you heavily scumread me?
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3109 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:59 am

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 3105, SuperfluousNinja wrote:

Please. You portray me like this helpless child who is unable to control my emotions and can be easily manipulated. Stop with this angle, it's not true.
It’s not about you ninja. It’s about the post. It was factually manipulative. I am not saying it worked, would work or anything about you really
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3110 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:01 am

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 3108, Luca Blight wrote: Who called you mafia for that?

Because people asked me to after our first go around. And it’s just nicer for me you and everyone if we shit up the thread less.

I still want to lim you. I still think you are mafia but us just arguing is hardly a pro town endeavour.

Also I think you are mafia so I don’t think there is any point in arguing or discussing with you why you are mafia.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3111 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:02 am

Post by DarthPunk »

Grack and vivax saying I do t believe in my read or whatever.

This is me being heavily restrained in my interactions compared to what they are used to. (To be nice as a guest)

I think they are misreading that as lack of belief or whatever.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3112 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:03 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 3109, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 3105, SuperfluousNinja wrote:

It’s not about you ninja. It’s about the post. It was factually manipulative. I am not saying it worked, would work or anything about you really

You're saying it's manipulative based on what you thought Ninja's reaction to it would be, so it quite clearly is about her.

I still think, minus 'toxic' I made a fair point - why would you not vote someone because they might shout you down? If anything that is all the more reason to vote out that player, if you have reason to scumread them.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3113 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:06 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 3110, DarthPunk wrote:

Because people asked me to after our first go around. And it’s just nicer for me you and everyone if we shit up the thread less.

I still want to lim you. I still think you are mafia but us just arguing is hardly a pro town endeavour.

Also I think you are mafia so I don’t think there is any point in arguing or discussing with you why you are mafia.

Ok, I can agree to not shitting up the thread, at least.

btw, what is your main reason for thinking I'm scum? Just so everyone is clear. Summarise it as briefly as you can.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3114 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:07 am

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 3100, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 3039, DarthPunk wrote: I’m appalled at the play of everyone who town reads him.

You ask where you've been toxic? This is Exhibit A. You're telling everyone that has a read that differs from yours that you are "appalled by their play". That is toxic. Even if it's really how you feel, it is still toxic.

I mean, as town, you should know better than this. You don't want to demoralize town, not EVER, and sure someone who has played as long as you have knows that. Zeus knows how difficult it is to sort through games like this and how easy it is to get fired up, so if you're really on the side of order and not on the side of chaos, you should have zero interest in saying stuff like this that could only serve to make townies feel worse about themselves.

And please stop acting like I'm bringing this up because I think it breaks the rules. I'm aware of what is allowed in this game. Everything I'm bringing up in here is to help me scum read you; it's not from some angle that I want the mod to straighten you out or some such thing. If I actually think that's happening, I have the ability to DM the mod and take it up privately, and I WOULD do that privately if I had an actual concern about rules being broken. I wouldn't do that HERE.
That is not toxic in the context of a mafia game.

Calling someone toxic is horrible and also a personal attack.

I have not attacked anyone personally at all in this game ninja. I have attacked their reads or their alignment or their posts. None of that is personal.

But you laughed about eliminating me for being toxic, personally.

So I would appreciate it if you just talked about the game and let the mods mod.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3115 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:09 am

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 3113, Luca Blight wrote:

btw, what is your main reason for thinking I'm scum? Just so everyone is clear. Summarise it as briefly as you can.
No.

I have gone over this again and again and it’s late.

You of all people should know why

I don’t know why people can’t just iso me and find out, it’s like they aren’t bothering to read the game properly.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3116 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:15 am

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 3045, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 3017, DarthPunk wrote: Can you read it again and actually understand the posts before you make a conclusion. I know it is dense, but I find it supremely unfair that you basically don't understand what is happening and then are drawing and sharing a conclusion about it.
In post 3018, DarthPunk wrote: Like I really don't know how I am supposed to defend myself against that when you can't understand the case and then call me mafia for the case you don't understand...
In post 3020, DarthPunk wrote: That's pretty fucking poor form from grack, you can take him firmly out of my town read section based on that alone.

Frankly, you need to tone it down and cool off.

This kind of rhetoric is not helpful to town. You're brow-beating us with this. I understand being frustrated but I don't understand not realizing that this kind of rhetoric makes people not want to both talk to you or even play this game.

Tell me this: is it a scum tactic to brow-beat people and intimidate them into shutting up? If so, then why are YOU employing the tactic? That's not a rhetorical question. I want an answer.

Oh to the last part. Doing that is normal as both alignments imo. Case in point, Luca and I have been doing that to each other and we can’t both be mafia.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3117 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:16 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 3115, DarthPunk wrote:

No.

I don’t know why people can’t just iso me and find out, it’s like they aren’t bothering to read the game properly.

You've talked so much shit, I'm genuinely not sure what your main point against me is.

Yes, I could Iso you and see your case, but that's not what I'm asking for. If you truly scumread me, then spill your heart now and say it. What is your
number one reason
for scumreading me that everyone should be aware of, above all else?
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3118 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:19 am

Post by DarthPunk »

:evil:
In post 3059, outoforder wrote:
In post 3055, Luca Blight wrote: To be fair, Darth is saying the 'last mafia slot' there. He 'thinks' me and Hu Tao are the other two.
I dont understand how DP thinks HT is mafia with you. That doesn't make any sense that she claims investigative role just to backpedal from it and come to a conclusion that you are mafia. It just doesn't make any sense at all to go through all that just to start bussing a teammate.
Ht did that to out a cop imo.

Then she busses her teammate expecting to go down and to get reactions just like this.

I expect big plays with mafia like that where she should be yeeted, to try and set up some wifom on a teammate. To let them carry or to clear suspicion when she goes down .

So basically this analysis is wrong in my opinion.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3119 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:19 am

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 3117, Luca Blight wrote:

No.

You've talked so much shit, I'm genuinely not sure what your main point against me is.

Yes, I could Iso you and see your case, but that's not what I'm asking for. If you truly scumread me, then spill your heart now and say it. What is your
number one reason
You lied to scum read Dunn.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3120 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:20 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 3116, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 3045, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 3017, DarthPunk wrote: Can you read it again and actually understand the posts before you make a conclusion. I know it is dense, but I find it supremely unfair that you basically don't understand what is happening and then are drawing and sharing a conclusion about it.
In post 3018, DarthPunk wrote: Like I really don't know how I am supposed to defend myself against that when you can't understand the case and then call me mafia for the case you don't understand...
In post 3020, DarthPunk wrote: That's pretty fucking poor form from grack, you can take him firmly out of my town read section based on that alone.

Frankly, you need to tone it down and cool off.

This kind of rhetoric is not helpful to town. You're brow-beating us with this. I understand being frustrated but I don't understand not realizing that this kind of rhetoric makes people not want to both talk to you or even play this game.

Tell me this: is it a scum tactic to brow-beat people and intimidate them into shutting up? If so, then why are YOU employing the tactic? That's not a rhetorical question. I want an answer.

Oh to the last part. Doing that is normal as both alignments imo. Case in point, Luca and I have been doing that to each other and we can’t both be mafia.

I haven't been doing it. I've only got a little heated with players who, as I've said, have been ganging up on me for days, and shouting me down at every turn.

For you, this is seemingly a part of your strategy, as you've done it consistently throughout the game to anyone who opposes you, along with your little sidekick, Oats.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3121 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:21 am

Post by gob »

waz happnin
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3122 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:22 am

Post by gob »

anyone want to summarize ninja for me?
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3123 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:22 am

Post by DarthPunk »

In post 3117, Luca Blight wrote:

No.

You've talked so much shit,
I'm genuinely not sure what your main point against me is.

number one reason
Please don’t get on a high horse about toxicity and behaviour standards when you say stuff like that and can’t be bothered to read or even remember the case I spent days arguing with you about.

You haven’t even written a case on why I am mafia you are just saying it over and over.
DarthPunk
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
DarthPunk
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3124 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:23 am

Post by DarthPunk »

Anyway I’m off to bed after another unpleasant evening.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”