Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3500 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:28 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 3453, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 3304, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 3299, Dannflor wrote:
In post 3285, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 3282, Dannflor wrote: gun to head i think luca is town
Do you think the same things that myself and ooo have noticed are untrue? not alignment indicative?
the whole luca contradicted himself by saying ninja's posts reflects his thoughts on the game almost entirely thing does nothing for me

the most compelling points to me were about luca seeming passive and being content with the gamestate and overly reasonably

i'm not really seeing the latter anymore

as i said the former does nothing for me
How is Luca not passive? He still basically just comes out to talk some shit with me and dp and leaves. He posted some quick iso “reviews” at the end of d1 but didn’t follow up on any of them

For the amount of posts you have, I'd argue you are the most passive player in the game. All you do is ask pointless questions and never do any analysis based on the answers you receive. You don't actually offer any relevant thoughts on the game - you just flit in and out, making yourself look active and curious to anyone just casually following along.

And how did I not follow up on my iso's? I voted Dunn based on my iso'ing of him for a start, and I townread Grack based on it too.
Agreed with the first part. I believe Oats is the one who called my catchup just a bunch of +1 but a lot of his posts are snark replies and asking questions or statements that I don't agree with. Just like when he tried to shade me for no reason and when called out on it, he said it was for a good reason. Yet no one agreed with it.
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3501 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:29 am

Post by outoforder »

When exactly did i become your town read OAts, since at the start of the game you thought i am mafia.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3502 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:31 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 3455, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 3378, Vivax wrote: Thinking Oats is mafia is a bit silly in this wagon formation unless he's exactly teamed with DP
In post 3379, Vivax wrote: Ergo Dannflor is mafia, cause he ignores that, votes Oats, but still should rather vote DP if he was town adhering to his stated beliefs.
The gob vote was a distancing attempt.

Or maybe Vivax is scum with oats.

None of the above analysis makes sense to me, especially the last part when Dann clearly expressed his suspicion of oats prior to this.
Eh. I think that vivax had a point that gob was getting pressure so why switch that vote.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3503 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:31 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 3458, Naerys wrote: I think if Oats is town then atleast one of Dann/Luca is scum
Why?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3504 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:32 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 3461, Luca Blight wrote: I think my vote is going to be glued on oats for the rest of this day.

Anyone who happens to townread oats - just look through his iso and see him ask question after question, and make remark after remark without actually doing any proper analysis or doing anything of note at all. All arguments against him he dissects into fragments and asks for explanation after explanation, with the attitude of 'innocent until proven guilty'. It's what I used to do in past scum games - break every argument down into pieces and argue on a purely logical basis, which will never end up with a satisfactory conclusion, because of course oats is never going to admit to being scum, and will continue arguing and redirecting until either you lose interest, or people lazily start to write it off at tvt.

You need to look as much at what oats isn't doing as what he is doing. The vast majority of his post count is made up of filler and questions that lead nowhere. He hold his cards close to his chest and never seems to adapt his reads based on thread developments. Not to mention the blatant pocketing of his tl mates, namely Darth Punk.
Agreed oats is scummy
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3505 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:34 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 3464, Vivax wrote: I see you writing a lot but not much substance behind it when you could just look at the wagons and draw conclusions in a more rational way.

Instead you're back to claims like Oats pocketing TL buddies and all that jazz which is a cheap way of sowing distrust. Most of your arguments are based on something not making sense to you and there's massive amounts of purely aesthetic floof.

VOTE: Luca Blight
Okay so I'm confused by this vote. Weren't you the one saying that pressure on gob was important? But you unvote because you want the people that are asleep to chime in on him when I put gob at e-1? And then you vote Luca once he starts going for oats? Not this seems like you're soft defending oats for a second time when at first I thought it was just because of Dann laying off the gob pressure
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3506 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:36 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 3501, outoforder wrote: When exactly did i become your town read OAts, since at the start of the game you thought i am mafia.
Probably like when you actually started playing the game?
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3507 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:38 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 3500, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 3453, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 3304, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 3299, Dannflor wrote:
In post 3285, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 3282, Dannflor wrote: gun to head i think luca is town
Do you think the same things that myself and ooo have noticed are untrue? not alignment indicative?
the whole luca contradicted himself by saying ninja's posts reflects his thoughts on the game almost entirely thing does nothing for me

the most compelling points to me were about luca seeming passive and being content with the gamestate and overly reasonably

i'm not really seeing the latter anymore

as i said the former does nothing for me
How is Luca not passive? He still basically just comes out to talk some shit with me and dp and leaves. He posted some quick iso “reviews” at the end of d1 but didn’t follow up on any of them

For the amount of posts you have, I'd argue you are the most passive player in the game. All you do is ask pointless questions and never do any analysis based on the answers you receive. You don't actually offer any relevant thoughts on the game - you just flit in and out, making yourself look active and curious to anyone just casually following along.

And how did I not follow up on my iso's? I voted Dunn based on my iso'ing of him for a start, and I townread Grack based on it too.
Agreed with the first part. I believe Oats is the one who called my catchup just a bunch of +1 but a lot of his posts are snark replies and asking questions or statements that I don't agree with. Just like when he tried to shade me for no reason and when called out on it, he said it was for a good reason. Yet no one agreed with it.
Your catchup literally was a bunch of +1s, I’m not really sure why you don’t think it was?
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3508 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:39 am

Post by gob »

VOTE: Oatsmaster
Self preservation.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3509 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:40 am

Post by Hu Tao »

I think there is something in the dann/gob/oats/vivax dynamic but I'm not quite sure what it is
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3510 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:43 am

Post by Hu Tao »

I was about to vote oats but I'll wait for more thoughts since gob just voted him. Think oats is at e-2
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Best Social Game

Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3511 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:44 am

Post by Gypyx »

Gob (4) :
Naerys / outoforder / DarthPunk / Hu Tao
[Exe-2]

Oatsmaster (4) :
SuperfluousNinja / Dannflor / Luca Blight / gob
[Exe-2]

Luca Blight (2) :
oatsmaster / Vivax

Not Voting (1):
Grackaroni

With 11 Alive, it takes 6 to secure an execution.

Day Two ends in (expired on 2024-02-18 14:43:52)

Mod Notes.
Last edited by Gypyx on Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

i also have a Mini Normal !

bottom text
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3512 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:45 am

Post by outoforder »

In post 3506, Oatsmaster wrote:
In post 3501, outoforder wrote: When exactly did i become your town read OAts, since at the start of the game you thought i am mafia.
Now this sounds weird because by the post 750 in the game or so, you still have a scumread on me and i definitely have started playing 500 posts ago.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3513 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:51 am

Post by gob »

DONT KILL ME
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3514 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:55 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 3512, outoforder wrote:
In post 3506, Oatsmaster wrote:
Now this sounds weird because by the post 750 in the game or so, you still have a scumread on me and i definitely have started playing 500 posts ago.
You didn’t seem to have a problem with me about my post about whether you were gonna play or not at post 750.

Ergo, you also thought that your posting wasn’t up to normal rayn standards so I’m not really sure why this is something surprising
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3515 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:58 am

Post by outoforder »

No i didn't simply care about you at that time, now i do.

Where did i say my posting wasn’t up to normal rayn standards?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3516 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:58 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 3511, Gypyx wrote:
Gob (4) :
[Exe-2]

Oatsmaster (4) :
[Exe-3]

Luca Blight (2) :
oatsmaster / Vivax

Not Voting (1):
Grackaroni

Mod Notes.
I'm assuming this is e-2 not e-3?
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3517 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:59 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

In post 760, outoforder wrote:
In post 756, Oatsmaster wrote: OOO are you interested in this game or like not really
I'm mostly trying to establish how people play and what to expect of them.
I am in no hurry, we have more than 5 irl day left.
I don't give a shit if you think i am interested or not.
Oatsmaster
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Oatsmaster
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3518 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:02 am

Post by Oatsmaster »

Posting != playing the game
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Best Social Game

Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3519 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:04 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 3516, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 3511, Gypyx wrote:
Gob (4) :
[Exe-2]

Oatsmaster (4) :
[Exe-3]

Luca Blight (2) :
oatsmaster / Vivax

Not Voting (1):
Grackaroni

Mod Notes.
I'm assuming this is e-2 not e-3?
It has indeed been corrected
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

i also have a Mini Normal !

bottom text
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3520 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:19 am

Post by outoforder »

Luca, can you show me one post of yours where you have admitted to a fault that doesn't consider either Roden or Dunnstral?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3521 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:23 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 3520, outoforder wrote: Luca, can you show me one post of yours where you have admitted to a fault that doesn't consider either Roden or Dunnstral?

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what you're asking for here.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3522 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:35 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Here I acknowledge Grack's points against me, which prompted me to make more of an effort to sort him fairly as well as iso others. I'm not sure if that answers your question, outoforder.

Spoiler:
In post 2245, Luca Blight wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 2231, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 2223, DarthPunk wrote:
In post 2219, Grackaroni wrote: Forgive me but the thread is long and it's too much for me to keep track.

DP are you scum reading Luca?
Yes.
I kind of want to start a wagon on him then if all 3 of us are already suspecting him. I just don't trust him.
In post 1487, Luca Blight wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 1124, Grackaroni wrote:
In post 1089, Vivax wrote: I am more amicable and diplomatic as mafia. I rarely take risks. I think if I had to pick my mafia version for this game it would be much more similar to how Luca Blight plays.
Maybe I should scumread him after all.
I can get behind this read.

Luca's posts are all very logical but there's something that feels off about it to me. He posts a light suspicion of Dann and then says that Dann is clear town after seeing his first case. Similarly he posts some things concerning him about DP/OoO, but then comes around pretty quickly to both of them being townie. He's not at all worried that a stronger player could have rolled mafia and his posts just feel rather safe.

I just don't see Dann's play as coming from scum at all, no matter how good he might be at playing scum. Just about every move he has made since his case on ninja has reflected my own reactions upon reading through. If he actually is scum then fair play, it's a masterful performance and he deserves it.

Outoforder seemed very town in his sorting of me earlier and in his general play. There has been the slightly underhanded shading that has given me pause for thought, but I am still pretty confident on him being town.

Regarding 'safe' posts, I actually feel a lot of your posts (including the one I'm quoting) are very much in the 'safe' category. I would much prefer to play in a more dynamic way, which I feel I'm normally capable of, but as I've said I'm finding it difficult in this current game state.
In post 2073, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 2053, Dannflor wrote:
In post 2050, Roden wrote:
In post 2048, Dannflor wrote: does anyone have a strong read on grackaroni at all
Not super strong but he's a lean town for me
Why

I just scrolled through his ISO

And idk there is nothing *scummy* exactly but nothing that makes me want to town read him
I feel similarly. I like his tone and reasonableness, but he has played it safe for the most part. The way he announced his suspicion on me felt a little like he was dipping his toe into the water and afraid of getting bitten.

I feel like I'm very much on the same page as Dann and Ninja at the moment and will likely vote along with them. I'm happy to vote any of the following: Dunn, Grack, Naerys, Hu Tao. Maybe Gob too? At this point it's an unreadable slot for me.
He just kept leaving me in a group of players that need to be 'looked into further' throughout the phase and the way he goes about pushing me is exactly like what he accuses me of. Maybe we're just too similar to each other but I'm getting bad feelings. I think at least when I made my post against him it was not the thread sentiment.

VOTE: Luca Blight

To be honest, I understand your suspicions regarding this point and I don't think this is a scummy push. I do think pushing me when you did earlier in the game was the thread sentiment at the time from what I remember, but I'll have to look back.

Normally I'd be Iso'ing players and giving more detailed thoughts individually on each player by this stage, especially those in my null pile, but it's been hard enough for me just to keep up with the pace of this game that I've never got around to it. Every time I wake up I often have at least another 20-30 pages to catch up on, and by the time I finish work that can increase further.

I'm probably going to adapt my style to just skimming the thread and iso'ing players for the time being to get a firmer read on certain slots.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #3523 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:38 am

Post by Vivax »

Sometimes I wonder if Luca is a chatbot from how he writes
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3524 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:38 am

Post by outoforder »

In post 3463, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 3458, Naerys wrote: I think if Oats is town then atleast one of Dann/Luca is scum

Both outcomes here, where Oats is town and one of Dann / Luca is scum, are really unlikely. Oats has just been antagonizing people and playing defensively all game long, doing little if anything to help us converge our reads and lessen the chaos. I would say both Dann and Luca have done the exact opposite; they've put a lot of effort into solving things, showed flexibility, admitted to faults (this last one is a BIG one to me), and both seem to be working as a team with town as a whole (rather than just one or two people).

BTW my shower thought this morning, why's this game called Mafia? Are mafiosos known for being sneaky and deceptive? Pretty sure if they want someone gone, they just blow his kneecaps out and drop him into a river and be done with it.
This is super duper icky post, once again.... Idk if to just yeet that.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”