Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:19 pm

Post by Solon »

In post 895, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 889, RolandOfGilead wrote: VOTE: Not_Mafia

This is 1 vote away from elimination. (And Not_Mafia has already voted himself so there's no danger of a meme hammer here)
In post 890, JacksonVirgo wrote: Not a fan of this route
In post 892, KayJayQueue wrote: I think I prefer Snow today but I’m happy with either snow or N_M. I just feel like N_M was more trolling than being scummy (yet is at the bottom of my list because everyone else feels better to me) whereas RN was null and then got replaced and snow’s contribution is just settling off red flags all over for me. I don’t know which one it is but I’m leaning snow over N_M.

Can we just hear from everyone once about their preference? I know we’ve heard from most players. I wonder Drew’s opinion on who to vote today? Anyone else who has more to say after snow’s analysis?

UNVOTE:
As I stated, I always hate limming a lurker on D1, but the way RN popped into the thread was bad(and thinking about it more, mention Hu Tao could definitely have been a dumb tell), so I was definitely ok with him being the lim. Snow actually has out effort in at least,
but I am always weary when someone really towns it up when they repp in, so I am still fine with an RN lim.

I don't like limming NM, but I definitely get it, if it were a bigger game I would be totally fine with it, but would hate basically a policy lim taking out a townie in a game this size.

Problem is, I am still ok with a Roland lim, but am definitely in the minority there lol.

And GiF still is pinging me weird, but not sure I could(or even would want to) push them at this point.

Basically I am reluctantly fine with the lime being snow or NM

This is a strange sentence.
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:19 pm

Post by Solon »

In post 898, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 897, Solon wrote: It would be unfortunate if we eliminate Snow and he flips town, as he is actually contributing meaningful content, whereas Not_Mafia will never do so, and if he ever makes it to melo then then game is lost anyway if he's town.

I also don't think Snow's catch-up is nearly as bad as is being made out. I think his response has been calm and balanced, not in the least survivalistic, and I think he made some decent points. It's never easy catching-up in a game, especially when everyone already thinks you're scum.
Actually…I think this makes the most sense to me. I can see pushback against both N_M and snow and honestly we won’t feel great no matter who we eliminate if they flip town so at this point it’s 50-50.

I’m okay to vote N_M again but he’ll be e-1.

I think Not_Mafia is already E-1.
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:21 pm

Post by Solon »

I do get scum vibes from Drew's .
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:22 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 900, Solon wrote:
In post 895, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 889, RolandOfGilead wrote: VOTE: Not_Mafia

This is 1 vote away from elimination. (And Not_Mafia has already voted himself so there's no danger of a meme hammer here)
In post 890, JacksonVirgo wrote: Not a fan of this route
In post 892, KayJayQueue wrote: I think I prefer Snow today but I’m happy with either snow or N_M. I just feel like N_M was more trolling than being scummy (yet is at the bottom of my list because everyone else feels better to me) whereas RN was null and then got replaced and snow’s contribution is just settling off red flags all over for me. I don’t know which one it is but I’m leaning snow over N_M.

Can we just hear from everyone once about their preference? I know we’ve heard from most players. I wonder Drew’s opinion on who to vote today? Anyone else who has more to say after snow’s analysis?

UNVOTE:
As I stated, I always hate limming a lurker on D1, but the way RN popped into the thread was bad(and thinking about it more, mention Hu Tao could definitely have been a dumb tell), so I was definitely ok with him being the lim. Snow actually has out effort in at least,
but I am always weary when someone really towns it up when they repp in, so I am still fine with an RN lim.

I don't like limming NM, but I definitely get it, if it were a bigger game I would be totally fine with it, but would hate basically a policy lim taking out a townie in a game this size.

Problem is, I am still ok with a Roland lim, but am definitely in the minority there lol.

And GiF still is pinging me weird, but not sure I could(or even would want to) push them at this point.

Basically I am reluctantly fine with the lime being snow or NM

This is a strange sentence.
How so?

I have seen people repp into a scum slot and save it from a lim since they 'town it up' so much people move off them.

Not explicitly stating that is what is happening here, but always makes me a bit weary.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:22 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

I guess I should have specified when someone reps into a slot that is highly scum read
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:24 pm

Post by Solon »

So you would scumread Snow no matter what he did, then?

Also, what did you mean by the Hu Tao dumbtell point.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:24 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 900, Solon wrote: This is a strange sentence.
it's consistent with their past games
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:32 pm

Post by Solon »

I'm wary of the fact that Snow has come in and done a reasonable job of catching-up, and not one person apart from me has an issue with his elimination, and many are actually jumping on him quite unfairly.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:36 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 907, Solon wrote: and not one person apart from me has an issue with his elimination
Yet a counterwagon formed

wiki // GTKAS
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:39 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 905, Solon wrote: So you would scumread Snow no matter what he did, then?

Well that is a way of twisting my words, I said I have seen someone that is widely scum read get replaced, then the person who repps in does everything they can to be obvTown so everyone else starts town reading that slot.....and then oh look, that slot was scum all along.

I also said I am not explicitly saying that is the case here, but am always weary of this when someone reps into a scum read slot.

And yes, in a vacuum I do think Snow's catch-up was pretty good, but that discount the sins of their father.

And RN talking about Hu Tao in this game could be a dumb tell to try to show how much that haven't played attention to the game and just is a townie who is confused rather than someone purposely messing it up to save face
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:40 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 909, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 905, Solon wrote: So you would scumread Snow no matter what he did, then?

Well that is a way of twisting my words, I said I have seen someone that is widely scum read get replaced, then the person who repps in does everything they can to be obvTown so everyone else starts town reading that slot.....and then oh look, that slot was scum all along.

I also said I am not explicitly saying that is the case here, but am always weary of this when someone reps into a scum read slot.

And yes, in a vacuum I do think Snow's catch-up was pretty good, but that discount the sins of their father.

And RN talking about Hu Tao in this game could be a dumb tell to try to show how much that haven't played attention to the game and just is a townie who is confused rather than someone purposely messing it up to save face
*That doesn't discount the sins of their father
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:40 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 906, JacksonVirgo wrote:
I will translate to Auzzie for you next time
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:45 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 911, Doctor Drew wrote:
You'd be so kind?? :O

wiki // GTKAS
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:46 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 912, JacksonVirgo wrote:
No secret languages allowed!!!
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:51 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 913, KayJayQueue wrote:
Don't be a roo lost on the top paddock, Kay
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:52 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 914, Doctor Drew wrote:
Don't be a roo lost on the top paddock, Kay
Duolingo didn’t prepare me for this :lol:
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:53 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Strewth, calm down there, mate! No need to get your knickers in a twist. I was just havin' a bit of a larrikin moment, ya know? No hard feelings, eh? Fair dinkum, you're free to talk however ya like, no worries! So can I!

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:56 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Fair dinkum, didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. Let's keep the game rollin' then, no dramas! Just shout if ya need any more Aussie slang antics, and I'll be right on it like a seagull on a hot chip!

wiki // GTKAS
RolandOfGilead
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
RolandOfGilead
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:56 pm

Post by RolandOfGilead »

In post 907, Solon wrote: I'm wary of the fact that Snow has come in and done a reasonable job of catching-up, and not one person apart from me has an issue with his elimination, and many are actually jumping on him quite unfairly.

I think maybe I was too quick to judge him.

Honestly I'm really hung up on why he said we could just go ahead and vote him out, before he said any of this. The more I think about it, the less I think it's something scum says.
Go then; there are other worlds than these.
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:54 pm

Post by Solon »

In post 908, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 907, Solon wrote: and not one person apart from me has an issue with his elimination

Can you elaborate on this.
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:06 pm

Post by Solon »

I wasn't twisting your words, I was asking a legitimate question. Because if you will be suspicious of someone towning it up upon replacing into a dubious slot, then it seems you're always going to scumread that slot regardless. I get that once bitten twice shy and all that, but my overall impression of your post was that you were hedging your bets.

And your point about the dumbtell is that it was done on purpose to look townie by not knowing what's going on? In which case yes, I think that is a possibility.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:07 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 919, Solon wrote:
In post 908, JacksonVirgo wrote:

Can you elaborate on this.
I’m a little delirious so if it doesn’t make sense ask again tomorrow but generally if everybody seemed to be okay with them, but as soon as they’re actually wagoned another (generally easier) wagon popped up for little reason. That’s suspect

wiki // GTKAS
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:12 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

I was technically the only one originally on N_M until they self voted. I went off to vote gob but went back after Jack joined. Their self-vote made any subsequent votes after mine a wagon. Especially with so little people in the game. If anyone is to blame for a wagon on N_M, I think most of the fault is in them keeping a self-vote on while they (obviously and loudly) wait to hammer the real wagon. I got off to avoid any hammers anywhere until we got more input.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:25 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 920, Solon wrote:

I wasn't twisting your words, I was asking a legitimate question. Because if you will be suspicious of someone towning it up upon replacing into a dubious slot, then it seems you're always going to scumread that slot regardless. I get that once bitten twice shy and all that, but my overall impression of your post was that you were hedging your bets.

And your point about the dumbtell is that it was done on purpose to look townie by not knowing what's going on? In which case yes, I think that is a possibility.
I generally go with my first instinct, which is that RN is scum......so in a way I guess yes, I will scum read that slot unless something happens that can prove otherwise.

This is how I feel with Roland as well, except the support isn't there for a lim(as I mentioned)
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:34 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

If Roland turns out to be scum I have to seriously reevaluate how I read people.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”