Not_Mafia, Solon, Malachai
E-2

Malachai (2):
Doctor Drew, JacksonVirgo
Snow2697 (1)
FancyPants

Not Voting (3):
GuyInFreezer, Snow2697, KayJayQueue

With 9 Alive, it takes 5 to secure an execution.

Day One ends in (expired on 2024-03-13 05:56:04)

Mod Notes
None
Last edited by Thomith on Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal in sign ups! (17/17)
Snow2697
Snow2697
he
Goon
Snow2697
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:09 am

Post by Snow2697 »

Kay, don't worry. It's my 2nd game here as well, so you should not treat my thoughts on you as very authoritative. And I think I never called you locked scum.

I simply feel that you avoid confrontation, try to look good and nice, call people town, see conflicts as TvT, target not active players who can hardly respond. I really disliked your criticism of RN in 602 and 605. And not just because I am in his slot now. He was an easy target as player here, his message to put it mildly was not ideal and was subject to fair criticism, but why would a town player of your style jump on him as you did? To prove that you are active and brave? Looked like a posturing.

What really stops me from pushing you is that you could have been in team with Roland (who was sus for me, but his slot went up on my scale) and I don't see you in team with Drew or Jackson (who are going down). And yes, you can be a newbie townie whose mislim would not give a lot in terms of overall picture.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:34 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1126, Snow2697 wrote: Kay, don't worry. It's my 2nd game here as well, so you should not treat my thoughts on you as very authoritative. And I think I never called you locked scum.

I simply feel that you avoid confrontation, try to look good and nice, call people town, see conflicts as TvT, target not active players who can hardly respond. I really disliked your criticism of RN in 602 and 605. And not just because I am in his slot now. He was an easy target as player here, his message to put it mildly was not ideal and was subject to fair criticism, but why would a town player of your style jump on him as you did? To prove that you are active and brave? Looked like a posturing.

What really stops me from pushing you is that you could have been in team with Roland (who was sus for me, but his slot went up on my scale) and I don't see you in team with Drew or Jackson (who are going down). And yes, you can be a newbie townie whose mislim would not give a lot in terms of overall picture.
I’m sorry about my tone in those 2 posts. I had just finished working a 46 hour in 3 days work trip and then had an exhausting travel day home and was probably just being extra irritable. Though this is only my second game, RN is someone I have experience with so my reaction was stronger because his actions confused me a LOT and it made no sense to me. I think I was a bit peeved that in a game of 9, 3 were either trolling or not taking it seriously at the time (gob, RN, N_M) and I’m just really invested in these games.

And if it seems like I’m avoiding confrontation, it’s probably true but that’s more of something my therapist should be looking at as it’s not exclusive to these games lol
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:37 am

Post by Solon »

In post 1107, JacksonVirgo wrote: I'm against an NM elim

He isn't playing the game, why shouldn't we eliminate him?
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:58 am

Post by Malachai »

In post 1122, KayJayQueue wrote: At this point is there anything I could possibly do that you wouldn’t scumread me for? To quote an ancient 20 year old movie called Mean Girls: “Why are you so obsessed with me?” :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I also like to quote the main character from the ancient boomer TV series The Wire: "the fuck did
I
do?"
"Nothing can be further than the truth!" -George W. Bush
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:11 am

Post by Malachai »

In post 1126, Snow2697 wrote: Kay, don't worry. It's my 2nd game here as well, so you should not treat my thoughts on you as very authoritative. And I think I never called you locked scum.

For me, the reason I townread Kay so much is a combination of how involved she is / how much she's willing to post, and how willing she is to get involved in pretty much every angle being discussed. When JacksonVirgo showed up and started going through opinions on people, and Kay said something like "ohh do me!", that struck me as something a scum would NEVER say. They would never
enthusiastically
ask someone else to weigh in on their towniness; they wouldn't encourage it in the slightest.

FWIW Snow, I don't scum read you either, so with Kay I think you've just got the wrong read is all.
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:13 am

Post by Malachai »

Kay we could probably talk about lots of movies from the late 1900s! :dead:
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:31 am

Post by Malachai »

In post 1128, Solon wrote:
In post 1107, JacksonVirgo wrote: I'm against an NM elim

He isn't playing the game, why shouldn't we eliminate him?
I legitimately read Not Mafia as scum at this point. It is partially process-of-elimination for me, but I also just really do not like that he provides these reads and doesn't describe them at all. It's odd to me that anyone gives him credit for his reads when he gives us nothing about why he even has those reads in the first place. And the reads themselves, I just do not like...of course I'm naturally going to be a little biased since he calls me his scummiest read, but I think I can also pretty convincingly argue that having Gob as the towniest read at that point made absolutely 0 sense, as he did nothing to deserve being townread so strongly at that stage of the game. NM's choice to use a color spectrum means that he was indeed showing the degree to how much he supposedly believes each slot is town / scum, and even THAT is kinda weird to me, as I think it's pretty tough to have really confident distinctions between people instead of general buckets at this stage of the game.

If I'm wrong about Drew or Not Mafia, I think the next two up for me would be Snow / FancyPants, but I have yet to see anyone make a decent case to suspect either of them. Every argument I see is just based on feels, which none of us can relate to. Like this is how JacksonVirgo describes his read on Snow:
In post 1050, JacksonVirgo wrote: I believe Snow's slot is wolf, it started as being my null-consolidation vote as the game was stagnant but that increased to a steady scum-read based on how the game progressed when that started kicking off. Snow's posting in particular did not do anything for me, like it seemed to do for you.
I know I'm not asking him in that moment to really make a case, but obviously, if people aren't making arguments, using evidence that the rest of us can latch on to and such, it's obviously not going to be convincing to anyone. I feel like I can pretty easily put a finger on actions from both Drew and Not Mafia and describe to everyone here how they don't add up and how they seem indicative of scum behavior, and I find myself unable to do that for anyone else at the moment.
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:37 am

Post by Malachai »

In post 1054, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1051, Malachai wrote: And Jackson, what DO you listen to if you want to chill out?
I answered that? But here's one particular song

This song has been played so much lately, this performance version in particular.

BTW even this I would not listen to if I wanted to chill haha. This is still very much angsty spectrum for me. If I'm looking to chill, I'm listening to stuff like Cigarettes After Sex or Aphex Twin. (I'm also probably a hopeless hipster...former college radio DJ here, FYI lol)
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:43 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

So why are there still votes on Malachai
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:45 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I'm Pro-NM elim
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:10 am

Post by Solon »

@Mod
: How is Not_Mafia playing to his win condition here? Serious question. There is a lack of consistency when one player is kicked while another isn't, you can't blame me for thinking it might be alignment indicative.

If you don't want me to draw such conclusions then be consistent and kick both players, not just one, for game throwing and playing against win con.
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:46 am

Post by Malachai »

In post 1136, Solon wrote:
@Mod
: How is Not_Mafia playing to his win condition here? Serious question. There is a lack of consistency when one player is kicked while another isn't, you can't blame me for thinking it might be alignment indicative.

If you don't want me to draw such conclusions then be consistent and kick both players, not just one, for game throwing and playing against win con.
+1 on this sentiment.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:59 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1137, Malachai wrote:
@Mod

+1 on this sentiment.
Third-ed? Thriced? Trio-d? Triad-ing? Joining the threesome? Return of the King-ing this trilogy?

Anyway, I agree.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:38 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1138, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 1137, Malachai wrote:
@Mod

+1 on this sentiment.
Third-ed? Thriced? Trio-d? Triad-ing? Joining the threesome? Return of the King-ing this trilogy?

Anyway, I agree.
Quad'd
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:51 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

S
+
(
I
/
)

C
o
l
d
C
a
b
b
a
g
e

I
n
d
e
S
c
r
i
b
e
a
b
l
e

P
i
n
g
P
o
n
g
P
l
a
n
e
t

F
e
a
t
h
e
r
s
M
c
G
r
a
w

T
h
u
n
d
e
r
C
l
a
p

L
a
t
o
y
a

Q
u
a
c
k

N
o
t
_
M
a
f
i
a
Malachai
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Malachai
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:53 am

Post by Malachai »

In post 1140, Not_Mafia wrote:
S
+
(
I
/
)

C
o
l
d
C
a
b
b
a
g
e

I
n
d
e
S
c
r
i
b
e
a
b
l
e

P
i
n
g
P
o
n
g
P
l
a
n
e
t

F
e
a
t
h
e
r
s
M
c
G
r
a
w

T
h
u
n
d
e
r
C
l
a
p

L
a
t
o
y
a

Q
u
a
c
k

N
o
t
_
M
a
f
i
a
And your explanations?
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:55 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 1140, Not_Mafia wrote:
S
+
(
I
/
)

C
o
l
d
C
a
b
b
a
g
e

I
n
d
e
S
c
r
i
b
e
a
b
l
e

P
i
n
g
P
o
n
g
P
l
a
n
e
t

F
e
a
t
h
e
r
s
M
c
G
r
a
w

T
h
u
n
d
e
r
C
l
a
p

L
a
t
o
y
a

Q
u
a
c
k

N
o
t
_
M
a
f
i
a
That your last will?
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:56 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

Look I know I said I wanted people to see I was town, but not like this lol N_M is probably just purposely putting me first to make me look sus. I can’t escape it! If he flips scum I hope yall see that he’s just doing this to spite me :facepalm:
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:03 am

Post by Thomith »

This is a final warning to Solon against using moderator decisions to try and speculate around alignments of other players. Per rule 17 moderator actions do not take alignments into account. gob threatened to throw the game, while Not_Mafia has not and has not breached any rules so far.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal in sign ups! (17/17)
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:11 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

@Mod

This is something to talk about privately
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:11 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Oh, thom got here before me. Based

wiki // GTKAS
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:12 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1146, JacksonVirgo wrote: Oh, thom got here before me. Based
Teachers pet!

(I’ll allow it)
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:21 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1143, KayJayQueue wrote: Look I know I said I wanted people to see I was town, but not like this lol N_M is probably just purposely putting me first to make me look sus. I can’t escape it! If he flips scum I hope yall see that he’s just doing this to spite me :facepalm:
Meanwhile I got no idea which is me

wiki // GTKAS
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:25 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1148, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1143, KayJayQueue wrote: Look I know I said I wanted people to see I was town, but not like this lol N_M is probably just purposely putting me first to make me look sus. I can’t escape it! If he flips scum I hope yall see that he’s just doing this to spite me :facepalm:
Meanwhile I got no idea which is me
You’re Latoya, obviously!

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”