Mini 2332: A Mid-scummer Nights Dream II | GG

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:38 am

Post by Catgirl Chipotle »

In post 2017, Von Payne wrote:
In post 2015, Catgirl Chipotle wrote: I can't tell if Von truly not understanding how out of touch their choices are here is towny or wolfy.
Can you explain how our choices are out of touch

:dead:
With the theory you've presented and stated in the thread, your choices of 2 people you mostly townread or at least null make no sense at all. Even if we choose to believe everything else in what you've said. Like, you keep telling me to "read" but I am reading, multiple times.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:38 am

Post by ActionDan »

I was prepared to let this go if the overwhelming motive for recruitment was based on wanting to talk to towny people over this possible whimsical theory based on no more than what we all can see, but some of the posting indicates leaning into it more than mere whimsical fantasy. Also clearly balance wise this would be overpowered, even a causal observer could figure that out. Offering this reason without vetting it is a rather unforced error though. I am tempted to declare this a wash
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:39 am

I guess the baseline question to ask is do you believe in what Von is staying before we go into the "is it possible" category.
Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:40 am

In post 2022, Von Payne wrote: Pre Edit2: Kyo, I am going to call you Maria for the rest of the game lol(real Maria knows why)
I'm tunneling.
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:41 am

Post by Von Payne »

I think the way I revealed our theories is what is seeming confusing. Looking back on it now I mentioned the roleblocking theory first but that was a recent development made by me. The protective theory was the prevalent one

Hydra of Doctor Drew (he/him) and Black (she/her)
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:41 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 2022, Von Payne wrote:
In post 2011, Ydrasse wrote: i still feel that von panyes role is more elegant as a wolf one and i think the current conversation isn’t really doing a lot to dissuade that

i need to reread the flipped wolf role but it kind of feels like the power level in this game is wonky if it’s town idk
If we were scum why wouldn't we just flat out say our role has an extra protective and/or role blocking ability?

How would it benefit us, as scum, to talk about our theory of our role in the manner we have done?

:twisted:

Pre Edit: Ydra, it began simply when I was thinking about our role and the Bad Dreams.....nothing really to do with anything that happened in game.....but when Chipotle posted like they were thinking like I was thinking, made me feel that it was a real possibility

Pre Edit2: Kyo, I am going to call you Maria for the rest of the game lol(real Maria knows why)
i think that if you’re wolf you werent doing anything more than trying to make the illusion of solving and thinking about the game real by adding in like a passion or what have you to “figuring out the true mystery of my role” in a way that meshes with the actions you’ve taken
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:42 am

Post by Ydrasse »

like there’s no grander scheme here it seems like pretty standard wolf play if you are one and the reasoning happens to not stand up well to scrutiny
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:42 am

Post by Von Payne »

In post 2025, Catgirl Chipotle wrote:
In post 2017, Von Payne wrote:
In post 2015, Catgirl Chipotle wrote: I can't tell if Von truly not understanding how out of touch their choices are here is towny or wolfy.
Can you explain how our choices are out of touch

With the theory you've presented and stated in the thread, your choices of 2 people you mostly townread or at least null make no sense at all. Even if we choose to believe everything else in what you've said. Like, you keep telling me to "read" but I am reading, multiple times.
How does it make no sense to recruit people we townread if we think we might be able to protect them?

Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:44 am

In post 1942, Von Payne wrote: We think we can potentially prevent Bad Dreams from performing Night actions by forcing them to stay awake. Prism and Catgirls both expressed that they didn't want to be recruited. I had a tinfoil that maybe one of them could be scum trying to make sure they can utilize their ability by not being recruited
You say you did it for protection
but you also say this.

What one was it? Both?

Also if the roleblock theory was recent did that mean you went into the night assuming you were protecting Sunflower N1?
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:44 am

Post by Von Payne »

In post 2026, ActionDan wrote: I was prepared to let this go if the overwhelming motive for recruitment was based on wanting to talk to towny people over this possible whimsical theory based on no more than what we all can see, but some of the posting indicates leaning into it more than mere whimsical fantasy. Also clearly balance wise this would be overpowered, even a causal observer could figure that out. Offering this reason without vetting it is a rather unforced error though. I am tempted to declare this a wash
I think we would have chosen to recruit townie people even if we weren't theorizing that we might be able to protect them

Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:45 am

I know you think and probably have stated stuff multiple times and it can be frustrating but I really am trying here.
Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:46 am

also something something i'm out of my wolf range something something
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:47 am

Post by Von Payne »

In post 2033, Catgirl Chipotle wrote:
In post 1942, Von Payne wrote: We think we can potentially prevent Bad Dreams from performing Night actions by forcing them to stay awake. Prism and Catgirls both expressed that they didn't want to be recruited. I had a tinfoil that maybe one of them could be scum trying to make sure they can utilize their ability by not being recruited
but you also say this.

What one was it? Both?

Also if the roleblock theory was recent did that mean you went into the night assuming you were protecting Sunflower N1?
The fact that I am having to repeat myself here lets me know you're not reading my posts :lol:

I explained why we recruited you in

wrt Sunflower, we didn't assume we were protecting Sunflower but we thought it was a possibility

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:47 am

Post by Ydrasse »

idk the unfortunate aspect of this is that town can be this … This

but it’s hard to move past the fact two players who have been around for a while wouldn’t realize that role concealment is bastard maybe i expect too much of the average scummer to know this but… eh
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:48 am

In post 2037, Von Payne wrote:
In post 2033, Catgirl Chipotle wrote:
but you also say this.

What one was it? Both?

The fact that I am having to repeat myself here lets me know you're not reading my posts :lol:

I explained why we recruited you in

wrt Sunflower, we didn't assume we were protecting Sunflower but we thought it was a possibility

I am reading you've just contradicted yourself at least 6 times in the past 5 pages that I need you to state things cleary but this is the last thing I feel like arguing on.
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:49 am

Post by Von Payne »

I actually think the theory came after we recruited Sunflower

Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:49 am

In post 2038, Ydrasse wrote: idk the unfortunate aspect of this is that town can be this … This

but it’s hard to move past the fact two players who have been around for a while wouldn’t realize that role concealment is bastard maybe i expect too much of the average scummer to know this but… eh
I get that but I also refer back to my earlier point of if this really is a scum fakeclaim it's extremely sloppy and I don't get why they went this route if it is.

I guess if you put both theories next to each other and ask what's more likely that makes it easier to answer though.
Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:50 am

Shrug idk why I'm entertaining the idea of defending a slot who wants to just insult my reading comprehension every five seconds maybe I should just stop.
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:51 am

Post by Von Payne »

Yep. I confused myself because at one point we switched from discord to a hydra PT and the theory is one of the first things we talked about in the hydra PT, but Drew actually proposed it after we had already recruited Sunflower

Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:52 am

Post by Von Payne »

In post 2042, Catgirl Chipotle wrote: Shrug idk why I'm entertaining the idea of defending a slot who wants to just insult my reading comprehension every five seconds maybe I should just stop.
I'm sorry if you feel insulted. You were asking me questions that had already been asked and wanting explanations that I already provided

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:53 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i mean wolf play isn’t always going to be perfect imo. sometimes a wolf goes ooh a chance to make it really seem like i’m a solving townie and then they add in a ton of details and little flairs that make them appear genuine. and then you have to add repairs when the flaws in your fake stories start to show

beyond this i do dislike the way von payne went “oh aureal and hu both need more” before progressing to develop a scumread on the latter, admitted to not really reading aureals posting and then coming out with a townread that vanishes only after the hider crumb stuff

(if i missed an important part of progression there that i need for context lmk i was ctrl f on me phone but that’s what i see it as)
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:57 am

Post by Von Payne »

In post 2045, Ydrasse wrote: beyond this i do dislike the way von payne went “oh aureal and hu both need more” before progressing to develop a scumread on the latter, admitted to not really reading aureals posting and then coming out with a townread that vanishes only after the hider crumb stuff
I don't see how this couldn't come from town that is barely keeping up with the game

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:00 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i don’t really think that’s much of an explanation
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:05 am

Post by Von Payne »

It explains why I skimmed over Aureal's posting initially. When I finally read them I townread them. Of course that's going to vanish once someone gets a guilty on her

Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:06 am

Post by Von Payne »

I don't really think that makes us scum but it seems like you are looking for reasons so you do you I suppose

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”