Post by biancospino »

Votecount 2.12

Ranger (E-2): Hu Tao, Random Nurse, Gypyx, Titus, Oblivion
Naerys (2): PenguinPower, Naerys
Hu Tao (2): Lycanfire, Ranger
Thomith (1): Snow2697
Snow2697 (1): Thomith

Not Voting (2): geraintm, KayJayQueue

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to secure an execution.

The day deadline is in (expired on 2024-04-06 10:29:00).

Mod Notes: The combined mod ISO is here.
Last edited by biancospino on Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:03 am

Post by Ranger »

The site rudely went down as I was posting this.
In post 1081, Lycanfire wrote:Is that the entirety of your Hu Tao case?
Sorta?

Hu Tao has done nothing but empty tunnel davesaz (and now me), without reassessing. The 'different behavior' Hu Tao spotted
could
have been thanks to davesaz being in a neighborhood, yet after this came to light, Hu Tao didn't consider it at all. She doubled down on the tunnel. Which is an easy push to make. What's your experience with davesaz, Lycanfire? Would you say he's a particularly difficult player to push? Or is he a very easy player to push, often limbait?

I feel both the choice of player to push, the reason for it, and the lack of anything beyond, all are suspect from
any
player. That I literally just finished a game where Hu Tao was town and was analyzing every player in the game makes Hu Tao's tunnel here all the more jarring. Hu Tao should have a much higher posted count, and have much longer posts, and have more slots analyzed, and be pushing harder, and have more reasoning, than what she's given here. It's completely different from her towngame.

I feel a town Hu Tao would have been dissatisfied with the stagnant gamestate. I feel a town Hu Tao would have been pushing harder, more invested. This Hu Tao is practically a lurker, just skirting by.

On top of that, there's a simple matter of PoE.

Hu Tao has done nothing town.

Everyone else in the game has, even Titus, even Oblivion (both who I suspect), even your slot (ambivalent), and every slot from geraintm above.

Hu Tao's only contribution has been pushing a single slot, one I know to be town, for reasons I know to be bad.

It's not slamdunk, but in a game with such lackluster content it's better than any case anybody else has put forward.

Be back later.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:05 am

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 1123, Thomith wrote:Snow is hard focused on me being scum because I was "PR Hunting", (or he at least believes thay Jackson was correctly saying I was PR hunting), but is refusing to elaborate as to where, so it feels like a blatant attempt to discredit me.
I noted the same thing independently in my read, but I found you less concerned with PR hunting and more LAMIST.
my notes wrote:570 thomith look at me caring about TPRs :))) scumpost
tho
my notes wrote:579 willow my pred makes the same scumpost lol i'd like to think that they wouldn't make a townpost like this if thomith doesn't make them conscious of the possibly of outing prs
Snow had some of the most effort in D1. , laser focused on Naerys (382, 536, 602, 666). I don't see this as scum, and I found them consistently the most townie.

E: fixed formatting. The post was thus:
Spoiler:
In post 1123, Thomith wrote:Snow is hard focused on me being scum because I was "PR Hunting", (or he at least believes thay Jackson was correctly saying I was PR hunting), but is refusing to elaborate as to where, so it feels like a blatant attempt to discredit me.
I noted the same thing independently in my read, but I found you less concerned with PR hunting and more LAMIST.
my notes wrote:570 thomith look at me caring about TPRs :))) scumpost[/post]

tho
my notes wrote:579 willow my pred makes the same scumpost lol i'd like to think that they wouldn't make a townpost like this if thomith doesn't make them conscious of the possibly of outing prs
Snow had some of the most effort in D1. , laser focused on Naerys (382, 536, 602, 666). I don't see this as scum, and I found them consistently the most townie.
Last edited by biancospino on Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:07 am

Post by Lycanfire »

I mean, if you're scum Hu Tao is pretty townie. You'll need to prove her guilt or your innocence through other means.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:09 am

Post by Lycanfire »

I'd like for you to claim Ranger. We've been through this before where I replaced in and shit town everywhere and scum!you wouldn't admit I was shitting town, all while complaining in the scum PT.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:09 am

Post by Ranger »

In post 1120, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 1082, Ranger wrote:I'll say before bed; you all really
have
slacked.

I'm usually not topping the post charts; despite replacing in half a week ago, I'm already the third-highest poster and climbing.
I’m not 100% positive if you are at E-1 or E-2 but once we get a vote count my intent is to either put you at E-1 or hammer, whichever it is. I think we’d all appreciate a claim at this point. I won’t hammer without a claim but I can’t guarantee any one else won’t either.
I’m busy until tomorrow, so I can’t address how terrible the votes on me are.

I feel given the site downtime and how horrendous the votes on me are, I’m owed a chance to respond to them and for the wagon to be given a chance to dissipate without the need for a claim.

If you or others disagree, then sure, I can claim, yet you are being foolish for not critically examining how awful the vote pileon is and why it
shouldn’t
merit forcing me to claim.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:11 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 1127, Lycanfire wrote:
my notes wrote:570 thomith look at me caring about TPRs :))) scumpost
tho
Your claim that I was pretending to protect town PR's is not the same thing as Snow claiming I was attempting to PR hunt/out town PR's.
You also explained it, Snow is yet to.

E: fixed formatting. The post was thus:
Spoiler:
In post 1127, Lycanfire wrote:
my notes wrote:570 thomith look at me caring about TPRs :))) scumpost[/post]

tho
Your claim that I was pretending to protect town PR's is not the same thing as Snow claiming I was attempting to PR hunt/out town PR's.
You also explained it, Snow is yet to.
Last edited by biancospino on Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:11 am

Post by Thomith »

i have no idea wtf happened there...
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:16 am

Post by Ranger »

In post 1128, Lycanfire wrote:I mean, if you're scum Hu Tao is pretty townie. You'll need to prove her guilt or your innocence through other means.
My play speaks to my alignment as hers I feel does to hers.

I made my case on why I feel her contributions are so suspect and
they’re literally yours
. Had the site not prevented my post from going through, I'd have posted that approximately 10 hours ago, immediately after you asked and before you shared. I shouldn’t need to convince you of her scumminess when
your reasons mirror my own

There isn’t a single valid reason for voting me and the votes on me are obviously terrible if observed. There’s no need to prove my innocence because my role PM does it for me, and there’s no guilt to be defended against.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:20 am

Post by Ranger »

In post 1129, Lycanfire wrote:I'd like for you to claim Ranger.
Not VT, but with a role I both would prefer not to claim which also wouldn’t save me if I did.

If you don’t think I’m town by play, my role isn’t going to magically change your mind.

Again. I would prefer to demonstrate why the votes on me are so terrible and why there’s no valid reason I should be voted.

I can’t do that today, yet easily can tomorrow.

If you really insist on hearing it, then I shall, yet it will be exactly as I said; You’ll see why I'd prefer to have not claimed and also why it won’t make a difference.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It/Its

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:25 am

Post by Oblivion »

This is its shocked face.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

And you, who have your human heart again, know all their secrets still.
This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
no one else has ever loved this way before.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:27 am

Post by Ranger »

In post 1135, Oblivion wrote:This is its shocked face.
Wait until you realize what davesaz's role actually was.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:27 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

I don’t think anyone should be discrediting every person that’s voting you just because you say it’s wrong. Obviously we don’t have a way of knowing what is and isn’t “correct” unless someone has extra info. You saying votes are not for valid reasons seems like an unfair assessment of the effort we are putting into solving.

I do find it slightly odd that there hasn’t been any kind of real counter wagon. That might be my only hesitation currently.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:28 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1136, Ranger wrote:
In post 1135, Oblivion wrote:This is its shocked face.
Wait until you realize what davesaz's role actually was.
It has "Scum" as a modifier in front of it, which is all it cares about frankly.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:29 am

Post by Ranger »

Again, to reiterate, I am still at work. As such, don’t expect a response while I’m actively working. (I finish in about an hour.) Next post chance will be after, and only if I neglect my fiancé to make it.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:30 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1137, KayJayQueue wrote: I don’t think anyone should be discrediting every person that’s voting you just because you say it’s wrong. Obviously we don’t have a way of knowing what is and isn’t “correct” unless someone has extra info. You saying votes are not for valid reasons seems like an unfair assessment of the effort we are putting into solving.

I do find it slightly odd that there hasn’t been any kind of real counter wagon. That might be my only hesitation currently.
It's polarizing. Either scum are delaying or are comfortable. But here is the thing. There is suddenly an upshooting of possible wagons off Ranger now that Ranger is tryharding. It is almost as if the scum team got an injection of motivation with a replacement player.
But not older.

Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:30 am

Post by Ranger »

In post 1137, KayJayQueue wrote:I don’t think anyone should be discrediting every person that’s voting you just because you say it’s wrong.
Of course not.

They should be discrediting the votes by looking at the reasons for the votes and seeing
how terrible they are

Late, bbl.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:31 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1139, Ranger wrote: Again, to reiterate, I am still at work. As such, don’t expect a response while I’m actively working. (I finish in about an hour.) Next post chance will be after, and only if I neglect my fiancé to make it.
No one is going to kill you on its watch without you saying your last will so there is no rush. Live your life.
But not older.

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:32 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1141, Ranger wrote:
In post 1137, KayJayQueue wrote:I don’t think anyone should be discrediting every person that’s voting you just because you say it’s wrong.
Of course not.

They should be discrediting the votes by looking at the reasons for the votes and seeing
how terrible they are

Late, bbl.
This is it rolling its eyes through the back of its skull.
But not older.

KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:46 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 1140, Oblivion wrote: It is almost as if the scum team got an injection of motivation with a replacement player.
Is that accurate? If the scum team includes Ranger and she’s pretty likely to be limmed, wouldn’t a motivated team be aiding in this somehow? Unless I’ve overlooked some posts, I can always go back and reread but it currently seems like everyone is at least content with the Ranger vote. That is slightly worrying to me. Does anyone else have an opinion on lack of counter? Is this just paranoia?
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:48 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1144, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 1140, Oblivion wrote: It is almost as if the scum team got an injection of motivation with a replacement player.
Is that accurate? If the scum team includes Ranger and she’s pretty likely to be limmed, wouldn’t a motivated team be aiding in this somehow? Unless I’ve overlooked some posts, I can always go back and reread but it currently seems like everyone is at least content with the Ranger vote. That is slightly worrying to me. Does anyone else have an opinion on lack of counter? Is this just paranoia?
Have you been paying attention to the manner in which Ranger carries herself? It has. Ranger is the type to go into a scum chat and tell them she is the best scum player in the world, and that she will never die today if they don't bus, and direct them and give them a game plan.

It believes, from its mental model of her, that she is the type to lay out a multi stage plan on how to approach the game, what fights to take and how to go about it, regardless of the competence of said plans it's certain to inject life into the situation.
But not older.

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:50 am

Post by Oblivion »

In essence? Ranger is try harding and the gamestate is warping around her as a result. It views the manner in which the gamestate is warping to be scum driven, and that Ranger's reads and arguments are more fabricated than genuine, so it has arrived at the conclusions it has expressed thus far.
But not older.

Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:03 am

Post by Ranger »

In post 1137, KayJayQueue wrote:You saying votes are not for valid reasons seems like an unfair assessment of the effort we are putting into solving.
Clearly not. My assessment of the amount of solving being done is accurate as I’ve done more effort to solve the game in five days than any player has the entire game.

And I can state that as objective fact.

The accuracy of my solve is up for debate.

That I have done it and far more than nearly any other slot isn’t; it’s an objectively true fact.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:04 am

Post by Ranger »

In post 1137, KayJayQueue wrote:You saying votes are not for valid reasons seems like
an unfair assessment of the effort we are putting into solving

I do find it slightly odd that
there hasn’t been any kind of real counter wagon
. That might be my only hesitation currently.
Perhaps consider the contradiction behind the bolded.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:08 am

Post by Ranger »

In post 1148, Ranger wrote:
In post 1137, KayJayQueue wrote:You saying votes are not for valid reasons seems like
an unfair assessment of the effort we are putting into solving

I do find it slightly odd that
there hasn’t been any kind of real counter wagon
. That might be my only hesitation currently.
Perhaps consider the contradiction behind the bolded.
To be more explicit;

You cannot seriously claim there’s been solving while also ignoring there’s no counterwagon, half the game isn’t voting, and
no critical analysis of the votes given has been provided

Have you looked at the reason for Random Nurse's revote of me?

How about Oblivion?

How about Titus?

Did you look at those reasons for voting and think, "this is valid, this seems to track, I have no disagreements with this"?

I’m willing to bet you didn’t.

So if you didn’t have that thought...

...Where's the alleged effort into solving?
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”