Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:34 am

Post by Elements »

In post 150, RationalMadman wrote: If we vote anyone it should be someone key to extending the DP and who is voting without a good reason.
Vote me then
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
Grovyle in a Fedora
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:34 am

Post by Grovyle in a Fedora »

In post 194, RationalMadman wrote:
In post 182, Grovyle in a Fedora wrote: Rational imma keep it 100 with you and tell you that 12 people can't be mafia and those 12 people accept the meta of a day 1 elimination and won't rush for you.

More discussion time is what mafia hate, not lack of "info" for a kill. All that happens is X known strong player dies and then we're in a worse position. PRs don't play the game for town in any sense. Setup balance in normals are contingent on day play helping town, and possible guilties are always considerations. I don't think I can point at any properly reviewed setup in the past 2 years and say "yeah no elimination would have granted good info here over playing out day 1"
Rational imma keep it 100 with you and tell you that 12 people can't be mafia and those 12 people accept the meta of a day 1 elimination and won't rush for you.

More discussion time is what mafia hate, not lack of "info" for a kill. All that happens is X known strong player dies and then we're in a worse position.

Protection roles should default to whoever X is, even if X may be scum, during the DP1 no-elim, as that's optimal. I didn't want to clarify that in hopes it was simply how the instincts of any in that role (not excluding myself being that role, clarifying regardless) would go.

Idc what the scum members say so I only care that the other 9 all seem against no elimination. They are incorrect but I have to obey it as conforming to Town members you disagree with is part of the game.
scum are against no elim because town is lol.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:48 am

Post by Elements »

@Rational
I'm going to take your thought process to an extreme, just for you.
Let's have a hypothetical 13 player game with the following roles:
Mafia Roleblocker
1-shot Mafia Doctor
Mafia Goon

Town Cop
Town 1-shot vigilante
Town 2-shot doctor
7xVT

Day 1
We all collectively decide to vote no-lim as fast as possible. In fact, the first 7 posts of the game are to vote for no elimination and we go to the night phase with nothing having been said. All good so far?

Night 1
Mafia kill a random VT
Mafia throw out a random roleblock, cool. It hits a VT and nothing happens
Cop checks someone at random and find out they're town. Horay information!
Vig and Doc decide not to use their abilities.

Day 2
The cop decides they don't want to claim anything just yet, after all they can only confirm one player as town and if they claim now it's likely they could die in the night phase.
So for 8 out the remaining 9 town players we have exactly the same sceario as in day 1, minus one town member. What do we talk about now? There is no public information availible to us so anything we do will be random and based on nothing. Probably best to vote no-lim here in case the things we say out our valuable PRs.
The day ends with no elimination

Night 2
Mafia kill another VT
Mafia roleblock a random person, lets say the doctor this time
Vigi still doesn't know who to shoot so doesn't pick anyone
Doctor decides to wait again making the Mafia PR action useless
Cop checks the VT the mafia happen to kill that night

Day 3
Exactly the same situation as Day 2 but with one less town member again.

I think you can see where this is headed.

Please explain to me how your reasoning for no lim day 1 cannot be applied to day 2 and beyond if the PRs are gated or do not want to claim for whatever reason they might have.
All my completed games
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:52 am

Post by Elements »

In post 189, awesomeming327 wrote: elements voting rational on it seems opportunistic imo
have a quick skim of my day 1 isos from other games I've played
They're all in my sig
All my completed games
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:53 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

Okay Elements putting that much effort into that explanation is giving me town vibes for sure. I don’t see why scum would argue that hard annd in depth against something that could help them just to “appear” town. I won’t be voting Elements D1 unless something spectacularly scummy comes from her which I don’t anticipate.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:01 am

Post by Elements »

In post 205, KayJayQueue wrote:I won’t be voting Elements D1 unless something spectacularly scummy comes from her which I don’t anticipate.
just gimmi some time ;) xx
All my completed games
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:03 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 206, Elements wrote:
In post 205, KayJayQueue wrote:I won’t be voting Elements D1 unless something spectacularly scummy comes from her which I don’t anticipate.
I’d actually be really funny if you did something that pinged me so hard that I did a 180 like “get her outttt!!! I’ll drive the bus!!!!” lol
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:04 am

Post by tris »

VC 1.04

Thomith (3):
camelCasedSnivy , DrNickRiviera , Elements
Grovyle in a Fedora (1):
SaltiestCactus23
DrNickRiviera (1):
Dannflor
Hu Tao (1):
KayJayQueue
No Elimination (1):
RationalMadman
Elements (1):
Grovyle in a Fedora

Not Voting:
Hu Tao, awesomeming327, Gibdo, Thomith

With 13 alive it takes 7 to eliminate.

Deadline:
(expired on 2024-04-17 20:15:00)

notes: my picture
here's what it says
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:06 am

Post by Elements »

In post 18, RationalMadman wrote: What I'd do instead is say we keep talking and gang on people as 3 to 4 to pressure them. It can be me, it can be others. Nobody should react until 3 to 4 votes are on them in a setup this big, not on DP1.
In post 194, RationalMadman wrote: Idc what the scum members say so I only care that the other 9 all seem against no elimination. They are incorrect but I have to obey it as conforming to Town members you disagree with is part of the game.
You say wagons of 3 or 4 are the only ones that matter.
You say you will conform to the town in that everyone other than you want to vote people.
You have a list of 4 people you think are red team.

So why are you still not voting any of the 2 player wagons to make them up to 3 players?

All you are doing is clogging up the thread with "analysis" everyone else disagrees with yet you continue to talk about almost nothing else. Making it easy for the red team to hide behind that being the big thing of the day. You have the most posts of any of us.
You gave a reads list that no one asked you to do even though it goes against everything you have said about day 1.
You are simply hypocritical in what you say versus your actions.

VOTE: RationalMadman
All my completed games
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:07 am

Post by Elements »

In post 207, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 206, Elements wrote:
I’d actually be really funny if you did something that pinged me so hard that I did a 180 like “get her outttt!!! I’ll drive the bus!!!!” lol
while you're here can i ask about your thought's on thomith?
All my completed games
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:09 am

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 209, Elements wrote:
In post 18, RationalMadman wrote: What I'd do instead is say we keep talking and gang on people as 3 to 4 to pressure them. It can be me, it can be others. Nobody should react until 3 to 4 votes are on them in a setup this big, not on DP1.
In post 194, RationalMadman wrote: Idc what the scum members say so I only care that the other 9 all seem against no elimination. They are incorrect but I have to obey it as conforming to Town members you disagree with is part of the game.
You say wagons of 3 or 4 are the only ones that matter.
You say you will conform to the town in that everyone other than you want to vote people.
You have a list of 4 people you think are red team.

So why are you still not voting any of the 2 player wagons to make them up to 3 players?

All you are doing is clogging up the thread with "analysis" everyone else disagrees with yet you continue to talk about almost nothing else. Making it easy for the red team to hide behind that being the big thing of the day. You have the most posts of any of us.
You gave a reads list that no one asked you to do even though it goes against everything you have said about day 1.
You are simply hypocritical in what you say versus your actions.

VOTE: RationalMadman
Idk if this is your version of gaslighting or something but I clarified why I want to wait until DP2 to do said pressuring multiple times including a time you quoted which was a reply to you.
Everyone's a fool in some ways, we all can only try.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:10 am

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 203, Elements wrote: @Rational
I'm going to take your thought process to an extreme, just for you.
Let's have a hypothetical 13 player game with the following roles:
Mafia Roleblocker
1-shot Mafia Doctor
Mafia Goon

Town Cop
Town 1-shot vigilante
Town 2-shot doctor
7xVT

Day 1
We all collectively decide to vote no-lim as fast as possible. In fact, the first 7 posts of the game are to vote for no elimination and we go to the night phase with nothing having been said. All good so far?

Night 1
Mafia kill a random VT
Mafia throw out a random roleblock, cool. It hits a VT and nothing happens
Cop checks someone at random and find out they're town. Horay information!
Vig and Doc decide not to use their abilities.

Day 2
The cop decides they don't want to claim anything just yet, after all they can only confirm one player as town and if they claim now it's likely they could die in the night phase.
So for 8 out the remaining 9 town players we have exactly the same sceario as in day 1, minus one town member. What do we talk about now? There is no public information availible to us so anything we do will be random and based on nothing. Probably best to vote no-lim here in case the things we say out our valuable PRs.
The day ends with no elimination

Night 2
Mafia kill another VT
Mafia roleblock a random person, lets say the doctor this time
Vigi still doesn't know who to shoot so doesn't pick anyone
Doctor decides to wait again making the Mafia PR action useless
Cop checks the VT the mafia happen to kill that night

Day 3
Exactly the same situation as Day 2 but with one less town member again.

I think you can see where this is headed.

Please explain to me how your reasoning for no lim day 1 cannot be applied to day 2 and beyond if the PRs are gated or do not want to claim for whatever reason they might have.
I never ever said DP2 is a no-lim. Ever.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:10 am

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 202, Grovyle in a Fedora wrote:
In post 194, RationalMadman wrote:
In post 182, Grovyle in a Fedora wrote: Rational imma keep it 100 with you and tell you that 12 people can't be mafia and those 12 people accept the meta of a day 1 elimination and won't rush for you.

More discussion time is what mafia hate, not lack of "info" for a kill. All that happens is X known strong player dies and then we're in a worse position. PRs don't play the game for town in any sense. Setup balance in normals are contingent on day play helping town, and possible guilties are always considerations. I don't think I can point at any properly reviewed setup in the past 2 years and say "yeah no elimination would have granted good info here over playing out day 1"
Rational imma keep it 100 with you and tell you that 12 people can't be mafia and those 12 people accept the meta of a day 1 elimination and won't rush for you.

More discussion time is what mafia hate, not lack of "info" for a kill. All that happens is X known strong player dies and then we're in a worse position.

Protection roles should default to whoever X is, even if X may be scum, during the DP1 no-elim, as that's optimal. I didn't want to clarify that in hopes it was simply how the instincts of any in that role (not excluding myself being that role, clarifying regardless) would go.

Idc what the scum members say so I only care that the other 9 all seem against no elimination. They are incorrect but I have to obey it as conforming to Town members you disagree with is part of the game.
scum are against no elim because town is lol.
What kind of logic is that? I don't even understand how it's a reply to me.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:12 am

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 201, Elements wrote:
In post 150, RationalMadman wrote: If we vote anyone it should be someone key to extending the DP and who is voting without a good reason.
Vote me then
If you are going to force it I eventually will. Until it's genuinely me vs you, I have to wait to see what happens. I am not eager to force you to claim, it benefits Scum even if you claim and are CC'd and are scum yourself. I need to wait to see others react and get a proper final decision on who I'm voting. Rushing to pressure you is antitown as hell from my perspective. You are too bloodthirsty too fast.

Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:13 am

Post by Elements »

In post 214, RationalMadman wrote:
Vote me then
If you are going to force it I eventually will. Until it's genuinely me vs you, I have to wait to see what happens. I am not eager to force you to claim, it benefits Scum even if you claim and are CC'd and are scum yourself. I need to wait to see others react and get a proper final decision on who I'm voting. Rushing to pressure you is antitown as hell from my perspective. You are too bloodthirsty too fast.
I'm VT
Bam
Claimed
I'm you're easy roll over and die VT claim that is your supposed best option to vote out day 1
All my completed games
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:14 am

Post by Elements »

In post 213, RationalMadman wrote: What kind of logic is that? I don't even understand how it's a reply to me.
Red team are saying they want an elimination becasue so is everyone else to fit in
All my completed games
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:14 am

Post by Elements »

In post 212, RationalMadman wrote:
In post 203, Elements wrote: Please explain to me how your reasoning for no lim day 1 cannot be applied to day 2 and beyond if the PRs are gated or do not want to claim for whatever reason they might have.
Answer my quesiton please
All my completed games
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:16 am

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 198, Elements wrote: So you're not saying no lim day 1 is good for town, you're saying it's the less bad of two options?
Mafia gain a lot more from everything involved leading up to it than Town do, this is solely counteracted if Town hit the jackpot and vote off the most powerful of the Mafia. Even if Town hit Mafia and don't hit the roleblocker or equivalent active-role type of Scum, they've merely cancelled out the disadvantage, it depends how you 'weigh' things and how long you believe Scum can survive.

We know nothing about the setup if we are Town, except our own role (but a PR can intuit at least 2-3 plausible Mafia roles to counteract their role). Scum know more. Town won't work out more from what proceeds DP1 than they could have had they just shut up, rushed to no-eliminate and let PRs do what they do. Of course this can have bad luck outcomes, so be it is what I say. The Scum is more, not less, likely to hit right on their night phase powers the more that we interact and leak.

Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:18 am

Post by Elements »

In post 218, RationalMadman wrote:
In post 198, Elements wrote: So you're not saying no lim day 1 is good for town, you're saying it's the less bad of two options?
Mafia gain a lot more from everything involved leading up to it than Town do, this is solely counteracted if Town hit the jackpot and vote off the most powerful of the Mafia. Even if Town hit Mafia and don't hit the roleblocker or equivalent active-role type of Scum, they've merely cancelled out the disadvantage, it depends how you 'weigh' things and how long you believe Scum can survive.

We know nothing about the setup if we are Town, except our own role (but a PR can intuit at least 2-3 plausible Mafia roles to counteract their role). Scum know more. Town won't work out more from what proceeds DP1 than they could have had they just shut up, rushed to no-eliminate and let PRs do what they do. Of course this can have bad luck outcomes, so be it is what I say. The Scum is more, not less, likely to hit right on their night phase powers the more that we interact and leak.
I'm not asking for an explinaiton, can you give me as yes/no answer please
All my completed games
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:19 am

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 217, Elements wrote:
In post 203, Elements wrote: Please explain to me how your reasoning for no lim day 1 cannot be applied to day 2 and beyond if the PRs are gated or do not want to claim for whatever reason they might have.
On DP2 the investigate PR or PRs, depending if it's 1 or 2, will have either a result or a roleblock or be nightkilled. At this point unless both a nightkill happened and no living person has a result, there's minimum one useful thing (unless the result is on the dead other PR) for the Town to work with and take as a 'formation' of how to proceed the day phase. Either there's an objective clear to lead or a CC or indirect CC as a similar role claims and reveals the result. From there, there's then a much clearer way to divide people and read voting patterns later etc. I am having to reveal so much now to stop scum slipping how they would have in the no-elim series of events that it's becoming less optimal to do it anyway as they're going to split votes DP2 and realise what I'm looking for more and more as well as abuse what's leaked to them DP1 to the maximum capacity as I didn't want them to realise things such as that they can realise who most don't trust to decide who to frame etc.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:20 am

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 219, Elements wrote:
In post 218, RationalMadman wrote:

I'm not asking for an explinaiton, can you give me as yes/no answer please
A good option is the less bad of 2 options, you're asking a trick question.

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:20 am

Post by Thomith »

I feel like being able to analyse how wagons are formed or deformed during the day is more beneficial in the long run for us than speed no limming, where mafia get a kill, and town may also not use their PRs correctly, as they don't have anything to base their choices off of.

When we start getting flips, seeing how wagons formed and deformed does provide us information we can use to help solve the game.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:21 am

Post by Elements »

In post 220, RationalMadman wrote:
In post 217, Elements wrote:
At this point unless both a nightkill happened and no living person has a result
What happens iday 2 in this scenario?
All my completed games
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:21 am

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 215, Elements wrote:
In post 214, RationalMadman wrote:
Vote me then
I'm VT
Bam
Claimed
I'm you're easy roll over and die VT claim that is your supposed best option to vote out day 1
You have helped Scum narrow down PRs massively by what you just did (unless you are Scum obviously). I am struggling to not violate the insult rule at this point. I'm not replying to you anymore.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”