he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #2000 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:17 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 1997, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 1995, Psyche wrote:
In post 1991, Random Nurse wrote: I DO think it's a Scumtell when a player has only Townreads and Nullreads, no Scumreads.
well now i do have a scumread and a few posts talking about it

but also i have plenty of other games where i'm town and similarly focused on solving through townreads than vice versa. i think you were in a recent one of those!

When exactly was that?
uh...
on this page?
You can't step in the same river twice.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2001 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:18 am

Post by Psyche »

uh the last one
and maybe the one before that?
the posts about kjq?
you were there

oh, game!
the one with you and kjq
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #2002 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:19 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 1999, Random Nurse wrote: Maybe there's only 2 left...

3 left in a 15 with barely any Town power doesn't seem balanced...
I'm still semi tunelled on the belief that I think there's a traitor - I think a traitors existence could be there to make mine and Gypyx's interactions potentially seem more scummy due to us blatantly buddying?
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2003 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:19 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

I guess that’s just how I play the game at this stage in my mafia career. It’s unfortunate that I haven’t developed the skills you so desperately think I need to be exhibiting or else you just assume I’m scum. I’m sorry I’m not a pro that knows exactly what to do and how the best way to analyze posts are. I don’t even know how to argue against this because I have no defense for literally just playing the game the way I know how. This game has had things I’ve never encountered and a lot of it was focused on for Day 2 and then the rep-in stuff that was very overwhelming because Ranger was doing whatever she was doing. I’m falling back on the only non-hood reads I’ve had this game and so no, they’re not going to be fully developed as if I’ve been focusing on them for 3 days, because I haven’t been focused on them. And the next thing I’m sure I’ll be told is to just go back through the entire game and come up with something better which feels a bit hypocritical from someone who isn’t even caught up themself.

The point I’ve been trying to make is that I don’t have much to go off of but these are the reads I do have. But also I feel a lot more targeted whenever I attempt to contribute with my reads when some players barely explain anything because what? I’m an easy target to try to fluster and make to appear like I’m scum? I don’t know the motivation but it’s getting exhausting because I don’t know how to play the way people seem to be expecting. And the way I do play is completely dismissed of all merit. I’m trying my best.
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2004 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:22 am

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 2000, Psyche wrote:
In post 1997, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 1995, Psyche wrote:
In post 1991, Random Nurse wrote: I DO think it's a Scumtell when a player has only Townreads and Nullreads, no Scumreads.
well now i do have a scumread and a few posts talking about it

but also i have plenty of other games where i'm town and similarly focused on solving through townreads than vice versa. i think you were in a recent one of those!

When exactly was that?
uh...
on this page?

Well shit, that doesn't help you much.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2005 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:27 am

Post by Gypyx »

i felt like PP kinda played as a caricature of himself
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2006 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:32 am

Post by Psyche »

but why? i happen to know his faction so maybe with some specifics maybe i can use my special knowledge to help you get some correct reads
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2007 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:38 am

Post by Psyche »

i think kay is doing the same thing as in that other game

the wallpost doesn't attempt to address my core problem with her iso. it's excuses that should frankly be stale at this point and tries to explain in terms of a gap in apparent skill what is actually a gap in apparent interest.

it doesn't take experience to be genuinely interested in whether your reads are correct or not. all it takes is being town and caring about winning as town.

imo kay's posts only barely veil that she doesn't really care if her reads are correct this game
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2008 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:42 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 1994, Psyche wrote: kqj, if you thought there was a reasonable chance that PP's posting was just his playstyle, what have you done to rule out or discount this possibility?
quoting the q
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2009 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:43 am

Post by Random Nurse »

Yes, yes Psyche.

Sell us on Kay. You're doing a good job.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2010 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:48 am

Post by Psyche »

as i said, am not super keen re your ability to form good read
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2011 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:58 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 2007, Psyche wrote: i think kay is doing the same thing as in that other game

the wallpost doesn't attempt to address my core problem with her iso. it's excuses that should frankly be stale at this point and tries to explain in terms of a gap in apparent skill what is actually a gap in apparent interest.

it doesn't take experience to be genuinely interested in whether your reads are correct or not. all it takes is being town and caring about winning as town.

imo kay's posts only barely veil that she doesn't really care if her reads are correct this game
So my points are stale that after 3 completed games, I should be playing up to the level you’re expecting? I’m so sick of being told that either I’m too new to be trusted to make the right moves or not new enough anymore that I shouldn’t be making all the mistakes I’m supposedly making. And then if I make wall post, I’m just making excuses or being emotional. Check any other game besides that first game we played together and tell me I don’t act like this and get defensive and upset no matter my alignment. I am just exceedingly frustrated every time I have to deal with this. It’s so hard to enjoy a game when I can’t just play how I’m learning to play and still developing these skills without being shit on for not having everything down yet. Up until Psyche, no one was really doing that to me this game even though I’m sure I was making mistakes and not playing optimally, at least I was given room to play and I appreciated that more than you could know. Now I have the audacity to scum read someone, he reps out and his rep in decides to jump on me instead of anyone else because it’s easier to point out my flaws than anyone else voting him.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2012 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:00 am

Post by Psyche »

misrepresents the case again and dodges the question again

holding it over yall when it turns out i'm right. (yall are welcome to do the opposite if goes the other way)
Snow2697
Snow2697
he
Goon
Snow2697
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #2013 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:04 am

Post by Snow2697 »

In post 1869, Random Nurse wrote: Snow what have these Wonder Twins been saying in the Hood?
Don't want to disclose content of the hood talk. But my position in the open thread reflected what was going on there. Trying to figure out the likely set up now with these developments.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2014 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:05 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 2007, Psyche wrote: i think kay is doing the same thing as in that other game

You think I don’t care about my reads being right? That’s literally ridiculous. I’m sorry but at this point you’re just trying to upset me because that accusation doesn’t fly since as I said before, you aren’t even caught up on the game. You’re now just tunneling because you think my reaction is proving your point.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2015 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:08 am

Post by Psyche »

I've provided detailed reasons I think you're nit invested in having correct reads. In that context, it is unduly dismissive to call my stance ridiculous. It's also frankly insulting to assert that I've only said these things to make someone upset. I'm actually really against making people upset on a moral level! I am just trying to develop my reads and play the game.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2016 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:16 am

Post by Psyche »

kqj, if you thought there was a reasonable chance that PP's posting was just his playstyle, what have you done or used to rule out or discount this possibility? Is the answer "nothing"? I know it's inconvenient if it's nothing, but a clear answer would objectively help town sort whether what I'm saying has any merit.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2017 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:23 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 2015, Psyche wrote: I've provided detailed reasons I think you're nit invested in having correct reads. In that context, it is unduly dismissive to call my stance ridiculous. It's also frankly insulting to assert that I've only said these things to make someone upset. I'm actually really against making people upset on a moral level! I am just trying to develop my reads and play the game.
Well if you’re really against making people upset on a moral level, I’d suggest you reread my posts from a human level and understand that what you see as excuses is me desperately trying to be understood for exactly how I’m feeling. You continually berating me and telling me I’m purposely playing the way I am because I am uninvested or insinuating I’m scum because of it and then tossing aside anything I say to justify your stance (at least that’s how it feels) feels pretty damn terrible.

And I think you’d understand that it’s a delicate subject for me seeing as I know you know that I’ve expressed my feelings on this elsewhere in this forum because it was such a big deal and something I’ve been dealing with ever since my first game, as it’s been extremely disheartening to encounter consistently and thus is regardless of alignment in my games. So I apologize for being defensive but I’m not sorry for feeling this way.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2018 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:24 am

Post by Psyche »

I am not really berating you. I am articulating a scumread.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2019 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:26 am

Post by Psyche »

Tell me how I'm supposed to play the game if I think you're scum at this moment? What would I need to do differently for me to convey that I think your posts are insincere without making you upset?
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2020 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:27 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Hey im on my weekend and i can tell the game is getting spicy

I'll entertain you guys of pictures of the breakfast I'm taking my girlfriend and her grandma to

More time later on
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2021 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:32 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 2016, Psyche wrote: kqj, if you thought there was a reasonable chance that PP's posting was just his playstyle, what have you done or used to rule out or discount this possibility? Is the answer "nothing"? I know it's inconvenient if it's nothing, but a clear answer would objectively help town sort whether what I'm saying has any merit.
I can’t give you a full explanation because of ongoing games but yes, the answer is nothing. It has lot to do with my frustration with the player and wasn’t in a good headspace to look through tons of his content. I also didn’t really have the time when it came up, not even taking into account my feelings, and then he repped out and I didn’t feel like doing it at that point because I wanted to see if things felt different with you in the slot. If you think that’s AI, which I’m sure you do, then push me I guess but I highly doubt anything I say will change your mind about me at this point.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2022 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:43 am

Post by Psyche »

bahhh

you're wrong

UNVOTE:
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2023 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:48 am

Post by Psyche »

still think you have a habit of underselling yourself

a big part of why i'm open to scumreading you is that i know from experience that you're very good at playing as scum

this might seem unfair but it's the burden of proficiency every skilled player deals with once they have a game history.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2024 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:50 am

Post by Gypyx »

^^ you can counter this by being very bad at scum (not recommended)
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”