Post by biancospino »

Votecount 3.15

Oblivion (3): Gypyx, Thomith, KayJayQueue
Naerys (3): Snow2697, Lycanfire, Oblivion
Psyche (2): Titus, geraintm
Lycanfire (1): Random Nurse
Snow2697 (1): Naerys

Not Voting (1): Psyche

With 11 players alive, it takes 6 votes to secure an execution.

The day deadline is in (expired on 2024-04-17 13:15:36).

Mod Notes: The combined mod ISO is here.
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #2276 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:27 am

Post by Naerys »

:roll:
you are just shitty at reading me, thats all
no point trying to convince u otherwise
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:33 am

Post by Naerys »

the way you are refusing to acknowledge the fact that scum was more likely to be bussing then "defending" is convincing me that atleast one of those 3 who are shooting some shite at me is actually a scum
hey, i was wrong about ranger and you all using that as ammo again and again is pissing me off
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:43 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

I know this won’t do me much good but I really think this is town!Naerys. So much of her frustration feels genuine and I’d be just as annoyed if I just got pushed out for being wrong (and I might be next, it seems). Maybe it’s because I’ve sort of been in the same boat as her much of the game, or at least adjacent, but I feel like I get where she’s coming from. She was wrong, but she wasn’t the only person who was wrong and it seems weird to not be considering anyone that was on the wagon to be bussing.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It/Its

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 2278, KayJayQueue wrote: I know this won’t do me much good but I really think this is town!Naerys. So much of her frustration feels genuine and I’d be just as annoyed if I just got pushed out for being wrong (and I might be next, it seems). Maybe it’s because I’ve sort of been in the same boat as her much of the game, or at least adjacent, but I feel like I get where she’s coming from. She was wrong, but she wasn’t the only person who was wrong and it seems weird to not be considering anyone that was on the wagon to be bussing.
There is a difference between "being wrong" and "actively interfering in the Ranger push at the peak of when Ranger looked most savable".

There are plenty of players who were wrong. Not all of them used their limited influence to try and save Ranger by putting pressure on a known townie... who was then nightkilled by the Mafia that night.

It literally cannot explain this any better and it will consider future attempts to use the narrative of "someone must be bussing you're saying nobody was bussing" as deliberately misunderstanding the point and argument, since it and others have now made this argument several times.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

And you, who have your human heart again, know all their secrets still.
This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
no one else has ever loved this way before.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:03 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 2278, KayJayQueue wrote: I know this won’t do me much good but I really think this is town!Naerys. So much of her frustration feels genuine and I’d be just as annoyed if I just got pushed out for being wrong (and I might be next, it seems). Maybe it’s because I’ve sort of been in the same boat as her much of the game, or at least adjacent, but I feel like I get where she’s coming from. She was wrong, but she wasn’t the only person who was wrong and it seems weird to not be considering anyone that was on the wagon to be bussing.
This would make a lot of sense

checks notes

You're voting Oblivion
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:08 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

18 hours.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:10 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

I was fist pumping after the flip and felt good about the wagon yday. My certainty has dipped from the high, but we definitely want to eliminate off the wagon. Scums game here is to leave as many suspects open as possible to avoid PoE.

If there's a busser and we can identify them, that's great. Most likely the people that have consistently failed to consolidate are scum.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:11 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

I get that I went off the rails there for a bit, but I was getting bored and I think we got good info out of it.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:19 pm

Post by Psyche »

on mobile so i may be missing a post, but i'm not seeing an answer to the key question here:

why are scum more likely to be off the ranger wagon than bussing under the discussed timeframe?

or do you think this is not the key question?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 2273, Oblivion wrote: It notes they popped in only to defend themselves and are now scrambling to find alternative targets.
imo this is close to consistent w my play atm (i guess i'm asking questions sometimes too) and i'm just busy town with thread email notifications turned on

naeyrs has admitted to lurking because of other interests

so isn't this null since it could be honest from either version of naeyrs?
or do you see signs she's lying?
or do you think it doesn't actually matter?
(if so, why'd you bring it up?)
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:25 pm

Post by Psyche »

[am not at all closed to joining the naeyrs wagon. just think these questions will help assess (and document) your vote basis/confidence]
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:29 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 2284, Psyche wrote: on mobile so i may be missing a post, but i'm not seeing an answer to the key question here:

why are scum more likely to be off the ranger wagon than bussing under the discussed timeframe?

The wagon was good.

fmpov-
myself, oblivion, thomith and gypyx are lock town. titus
should
be town because she isn't playing her scum meta at all.

that leaves randomnurse and yourself, and I liked penguin.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2288 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:30 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

I liked randomnurse too up until their argument with gypyx.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2289 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:31 pm

Post by Psyche »

finding obsidian's vote looks the lamest. snow's vote looks quite town. lycanfire's is a...matter of opinion but honestly fine. am feeling awfully ambivalent in context.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2290 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:37 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Do you have a preference about eliminating on or off the wagon, Psyche?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2291 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:57 pm

Post by Psyche »

i still haven't read the relevant pages. very sorry. from what i can tell, the wagon was well-motivated but there are plenty of distractor slots too. seems easy to overinterpret. kay is right about naeyr's tone feeling consistent w other town games but i don't have something in memory to compare with. checking a naeyrs scum game could probably give a better opinion of how much to weight that.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2292 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:10 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

There's 16 hours left in the day. I hope your decision comes before then. Going all the way up to the deadline will only increase the chance of a bad elimination.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2293 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:17 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 2286, Psyche wrote: [am not at all closed to joining the naeyrs wagon. just think these questions will help assess (and document) your vote basis/confidence]
Then it has no interest in answering your questions. Your posts already read like they are trying to setup onto voting it, and if you're never changing your mind, then it has no interest in wasting its breath with you.

Either you're town and so wrong it will never convince you, so it's efforts are best spent elsewhere.

or you're scum and chainsawing Naerys, which would require some thought processing from it, but is solvable just from that.

In either case, answer your questions provides it with exactly zero value, and given your stance on it already it doesn't feel it owes you even a lick of effort in trying to show it is town. It frankly doesn't care.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2294 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:19 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 2287, Lycanfire wrote:
In post 2284, Psyche wrote: on mobile so i may be missing a post, but i'm not seeing an answer to the key question here:

The wagon was good.

fmpov-
myself, oblivion, thomith and gypyx are lock town. titus
should
be town because she isn't playing her scum meta at all.

that leaves randomnurse and yourself, and I liked penguin.
It agrees that there is at most 1 scum on that wagon given Thomith and Psyche are masons.

It doesn't think Penguin's or you join on to rescue the wagon from certainly dead including Penguin strongly saying "oh this claim is fake" which isn't how scum end up voting that it thinks?

So it would be randomnurse if anyone, agreed.
But not older.

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2295 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:05 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 2293, Oblivion wrote:
In post 2286, Psyche wrote: [am not at all closed to joining the naeyrs wagon. just think these questions will help assess (and document) your vote basis/confidence]
Then it has no interest in answering your questions. Your posts already read like they are trying to setup onto voting it, and if you're never changing your mind, then it has no interest in wasting its breath with you.

Either you're town and so wrong it will never convince you, so it's efforts are best spent elsewhere.

or you're scum and chainsawing Naerys, which would require some thought processing from it, but is solvable just from that.

In either case, answer your questions provides it with exactly zero value, and given your stance on it already it doesn't feel it owes you even a lick of effort in trying to show it is town. It frankly doesn't care.
this is a pretty oddly hostile response to some pretty solid qs imo
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2296 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:22 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 2295, Psyche wrote:

It isn't hostile, it's just correct. It sees no benefit to itself in answering the questions of someone who doesn't ever plan to change his mind, nor does it see a reason to pitch itself as town to such a person when they clearly already scumread it.

Why would it waste its energy on that conversation... ever?
But not older.

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2297 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:23 pm

Post by Oblivion »

Your inferring hostility where there is nothing but a caculated attempt to manage its energy levels in a game it is not enjoying, is... your own business.
But not older.

Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2298 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:32 pm

Post by Naerys »

In post 2296, Oblivion wrote:

It isn't hostile, it's just correct. It sees no benefit to itself in answering the questions of someone who doesn't ever plan to change his mind, nor does it see a reason to pitch itself as town to such a person when they clearly already scumread it.

Bruh…
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2299 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:48 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 2296, Oblivion wrote:

well then what's the stance you think i'm resistant to changing? i haven't said i scumread you and i've specifically said i'm open to voting naeyrs

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”