JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:23 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 422, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 420, JacksonVirgo wrote: You said I was digging in deep, and I’m motivated early in the game. Is this what you don’t like about my iso on you?
I found the things that “gave you pause” and “worried you” as extremely reach-y. It felt like you were pushing yourself extremely hard to find something that could be scummy in my iso just to have something to post on me. Usually, you wouldn’t mind being seen as town-reading me but this time it seems like you didn’t way to seem too eager. That and the amount of effort you put into this ISO-dive this early is different than you in other games. In our town games, you seemed way less invested. So my conclusion is that you have a reason to be invested in this game.
Can you give me examples of what I said and point put what you feel is reach-y. I got a spring of motivation as I couldn’t sleep, I was motivated to do much more than this game which you should know about from me spamming you in dms when you were sleeping lol. Unsure if that’s legal to say? Idfk
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:24 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 424, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 421, JacksonVirgo wrote: I didn’t know you’d get defensive, it was an instinctive response because I felt what you just said was incredibly off to me
I call bs on this. You knew I would get defensive and to say otherwise is pretty ridiculous. You know me too well to say this and I think you’re doing so just for the benefit of having other people believe you, not to convince me.
I didn’t know, it was an instinctive response. I wasn’t thinking, I just spoke the thought as soon as I had it

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:24 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

To clarify I DO know you get defensive, but it wasn’t anywhere near my mind when I said it.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:26 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Be back soon, maybe half an hour

wiki // GTKAS
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:26 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

JV, are you townreading Kay?
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 429, humaneatingmonkey wrote: JV, are you townreading Kay?
I am, and I think this response makes the read stronger. I don’t think I have to clarify why, but if so let me know.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:35 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Did you not even read my 20 bajillion word essay on everyone??? Smhhh!!

wiki // GTKAS
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:39 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 425, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 420, JacksonVirgo wrote: You said I was digging in deep, and I’m motivated early in the game. Is this what you don’t like about my iso on you?
I found the things that “gave you pause” and “worried you” as extremely reach-y. It felt like you were pushing yourself extremely hard to find something that could be scummy in my iso just to have something to post on me. Usually, you wouldn’t mind being seen as town-reading me but this time it seems like you didn’t way to seem too eager. That and the amount of effort you put into this ISO-dive this early is different than you in other games. In our town games, you seemed way less invested. So my conclusion is that you have a reason to be invested in this game.
Can you give me examples of what I said and point put what you feel is reach-y. I got a spring of motivation as I couldn’t sleep, I was motivated to do much more than this game which you should know about from me spamming you in dms when you were sleeping lol. Unsure if that’s legal to say? Idfk
I honestly don’t think you know how to act as scum re:me and this is the result. The last game we were in together where I was town and you were scum didn’t have a normal thread to just talk in, so it was easier for you to maneuver around me and pocket me at the same time. Because this is a normal game with normal mechanics, I think you are unsure of how to deal with me in game. If you’re scum, you had to decide between trying to pocket me (you obviously decided against that) and to lay groundwork to use against me later. The only problem is, the groundwork you laid in your deep dive post was just reaching especially because town!Jack wouldn’t have been worried about the things you said you were worried about in that post. And then subsequently you try to say you can’t read me which is just weird because you’ve never been worried in previous games that you are reading me wrong. But this game has you worried? I don’t get why.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:39 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

I'm just not sure where this came from:
In post 397, JacksonVirgo wrote: Are you wolf? This feels unnatural
I didn't think Kay being suspicious of you after (picking up from context) a scum game where you pocketed her was unnatural. So I'm surprised why you felt that it was, and why you immediately jumped to thinking it's wolf behavior.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:43 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

It felt like an unnatural response directed at me in particular so yeah my initial response was with skepticism, which faded as I tried to understand her more (I still don’t think I fully do)

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:44 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Be back sorry am busy, bad timing

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:47 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 433, humaneatingmonkey wrote: I'm just not sure where this came from:
I didn't think Kay being suspicious of you after (picking up from context) a scum game where you pocketed her was unnatural. So I'm surprised why you felt that it was, and why you immediately jumped to thinking it's wolf behavior.
I genuinely felt a lot of the suspicion she’s shown was mostly banter, I knew there was distrust but I didn’t care to think about it. It hitting me felt way out of left field, hence my reaction but as the situation settled I came to my logical part of my brain. Shit happens

wiki // GTKAS
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:54 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 436, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 433, humaneatingmonkey wrote: I'm just not sure where this came from:
I genuinely felt a lot of the suspicion she’s shown was mostly banter, I knew there was distrust but I didn’t care to think about it. It hitting me felt way out of left field, hence my reaction but as the situation settled I came to my logical part of my brain. Shit happens
Originally it was banter. It changed when you made your deep dive post which made me feel very off about you. And then you immediately accuse me of being scum for having those feelings, also unlike you. You thinking my response was out of left field, yet that’s how I felt about your analysis of my ISO.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:54 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 432, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 425, JacksonVirgo wrote:
I honestly don’t think you know how to act as scum re:me and this is the result. The last game we were in together where I was town and you were scum didn’t have a normal thread to just talk in, so it was easier for you to maneuver around me and pocket me at the same time. Because this is a normal game with normal mechanics, I think you are unsure of how to deal with me in game. If you’re scum, you had to decide between trying to pocket me (you obviously decided against that) and to lay groundwork to use against me later. The only problem is, the groundwork you laid in your deep dive post was just reaching especially because town!Jack wouldn’t have been worried about the things you said you were worried about in that post. And then subsequently you try to say you can’t read me which is just weird because you’ve never been worried in previous games that you are reading me wrong. But this game has you worried? I don’t get why.
I know how to play scum re:you because I did it. I know you react good to pockets, I know you react well to positive affirmation and backing you up. I know you more than anybody in this game, and I’m good as a wolf you don’t think I’d know how to get my best chances with you? I can lean into what most people think I play regarding you anyway, locktown you and move on. I didn’t. I treated you like a player I had to solve, because that’s what you are.

I read you confidently in previous games yes, I also read you confidently here but you know what I didn’t do this game unlike usual? I didn’t bolster my reads, I didn’t fake my confidence. I expressed both sides of my thoughts with every single person in my dives, commented on what I saw, when I saw. These types of reads happened before, they always happened. I’m not stupid. I’m not going to blindly townread you just cuz it’s you, never did and never will.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:55 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I’ve expressed that explicitly in the dead PT in the first scum!halfasleep game we played if you wanted proof.

wiki // GTKAS
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:56 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

So you admit to playing this game completely different to all other games I’ve been in with you yet you seem to be reacting oddly to me picking up on you playing differently.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:00 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 440, KayJayQueue wrote: So you admit to playing this game completely different to all other games I’ve been in with you yet you seem to be reacting oddly to me picking up on you playing differently.
I already told you I like to iterate over different ways of playing, I like experimenting with what works and what doesn’t. It’s a strong point of pride for me

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:01 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I’m a little a shocked because once again I assumed you knew this about me but was not considering it so it felt off

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:01 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

It’s not like I actively hide it. I bring it up every game almost :lol:

wiki // GTKAS
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:02 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 438, JacksonVirgo wrote:
I read you confidently in previous games yes, I also read you confidently here but
you know what I didn’t do this game unlike usual
? I didn’t bolster my reads, I didn’t fake my confidence. I expressed both sides of my thoughts with every single person in my dives, commented on what I saw, when I saw. These types of reads happened before, they always happened. I’m not stupid. I’m not going to blindly townread you just cuz it’s you, never did and never will.
Yes you can change up your playstyle but some things you do every game, even you just admitted it. See the bold.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:03 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Most things stay the same, I don’t change everything up at once. That removes my ability to see what is affecting things

wiki // GTKAS
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:04 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 445, JacksonVirgo wrote: Most things stay the same, I don’t change everything up at once. That removes my ability to see what is affecting things
Which means I stand by my actions and responses in this game.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:07 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 395, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 346, JacksonVirgo wrote:
KayJayQueue

Spoiler:

I really like Kay's entrance (), to me it shows that she's not stiff going into a game with town JV. I know how highly she thinks of my play so her not being stiff shows a lot, this is shown especially paired with , where she is showing "aggression" towards me for a recently closed game where I was wolf in.

and both inherently give me a little pause, but upon thinking a bit deeper I think these are natural posts to come from her given how she's treated RVS in all the games I've played with her in so far.

I don't think wolf!kay votes without reason, her shows that she is
still
loose socially, I don't feel she'd vote for a non-serious reason especially given that the game "skipped RVS" according to her own words, so she isn't hiding behind RVS either.

is the first post I really don't like, while what she said was factually true (she works god awful hours on weekends), dropping this feels awfully defensive when typically she has been fairly loose and relaxed this entire game so far but I do know she gets defensive so this is going to be a "back of my head" thought for a while.

is Kay's first content"ful" post, at #30 in their ISO. This is concerning to me that I was town-reading somebody this far into the game without any semblance of content so I'm somewhat concerned what I'm reading into is her as a person (very possible) or she's directly appealing to me directly or otherwise. The first contentful post of hers is also incredibly withdrawn, it feels like it's trying to negate Luka's townread of Eiralox to keep the wagon in its place without trying to push it actively herself. Although she says that she meant to be talking about Umlaut which, if true, would remove this fear of mine so maybe I'm trying to justify a rogue feeling of paranoia that started forming midway through reading the game.

Spoiler: Possible Pocket Attempts (5)
In post 150, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 148, humaneatingmonkey wrote: Behold, I doth void my bladder and expel feces hither and thither without constraint.
I really appreciate that, although the same in spirit, you change up the vocabulary in your entrance post (:
In post 154, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 152, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 2, Alianna wrote: 2. Toxic and harmful behaviour will not be tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to:
- flaming, insulting, or directing personal attacks at other players
- use of slurs or derogatory language
- spamming
- excessive AtE
- excessive discussion of real life issues (a mention is fine, but please don't derail the game or use this thread as a place to vent)
- otherwise being a jerk or making the game unenjoyable for others
I was planning on using slurs and derogatory language, but I will respect the rule henceforth.
Okay you take the bad language, I’ll do the excessive AtE. (I know, I know, totally out of character for me)
In post 167, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 164, GuyInFreezer wrote: I’m seeing a back-to-back vote on my declared townread on page 5 and that is no bueno.
That’s okay just get a new townread. I’m available!
In post 173, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 172, GuyInFreezer wrote: And no, it’s not Hu Tao.
It’s me!
In post 292, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 290, KayJayQueue wrote: Hu Tao hasn’t tried to pocket me nearly enough for my liking. This is sus behavior.
And neither has Jack. I hate this timeline.

Hu/Jack scum team and my entire world would shatter.

As of page 14, I think Kay is town. I think they need to start posting more content or this will start to slip off as the primary driver of this read is her behaviour more than content which arguably is probably stronger to use in the early game but I do want to hear more from her.

You seem to be digging really deep trying to find things to feel off about when you know exactly how easy it is for you to read me. You seem really invested in this game so early, moreso than usual town games of yours. I wonder if that’s indicative of anything…
Thoughts on me?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:08 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 401, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 398, KayJayQueue wrote:
No, I just can’t trust you after you absolutely misted me and made me think you’re town and then made me feel like a complete idiot. Now I have no confidence in being able to read you and everything you do feels weird because this isn’t how you acted in our recent town games.
I switch up my play every time at least somewhat, that’s how I play. And it’s why metareading me seldom works against me
To be fair I do the same thing
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:09 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »