Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:39 am

Post by Luka »

In post 911, Luka wrote: One in Hu Tao / HEM
One in Jackson / Gif
Hu Tao / GIF
Jackson / HEM
Ocrams razor those are the two teams. Jackson very unpaired w/ KJQ, I want to see them try to solve today.
Luka
Luka
Any
Goon
Luka
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:40 am

Post by Luka »

In post 924, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 919, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 916, Luka wrote: My thought process:
If Eiralox saved me Hu Tao is wolf. If Eiralox saved FireBringer than HEM is a wolf.
What if scum just killed Eira? Why isn't that in your consideration? Also why would scum kill you?
Couldn’t Eira have also protected the IC?
Hence why I labled that as an option. As a wolf I wouldnt kill the IC to protective dodge is my main problem w/ that tbh, but wolves could just be weird.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:41 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 923, Luka wrote: I'm re evaling KJQ later, I still think they're a towner but worried about getting snowed.
That elim was my fault. I got too paranoid that I would be the cause of Jack’s elimination that I panicked and moved my vote elsewhere.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:43 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 926, Luka wrote:
If Eiralox saved me Hu Tao is wolf. If Eiralox saved FireBringer than HEM is a wolf.
What if scum just killed Eira? Why isn't that in your consideration? Also why would scum kill you?
Hence why I labled that as an option. As a wolf I wouldnt kill the IC to protective dodge is my main problem w/ that tbh, but wolves could just be weird.
The one scum game I had, we had an IC and the only reason we didn’t kill him was because he was bulletproof. I think it’s more likely IC was targeted. But maybe that’s just my own experience.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:45 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

it's probable that firebringer was the kill and eiralox protected him
i don't know how that makes me scum luka, so let me hear your theory
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:46 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

Especially in a micro, scum definitely went after the confirmed town. I see no reason why they wouldn’t.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:46 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 920, Luka wrote:
In post 917, Hu Tao wrote: Pretty confident in 2/3 HEM, Jackson, Luka. Vote them in any order and we win
Why aren't you re-evaluating today when you're alive + two town flips, both of which you didn't TR? Also, if even one of them is wrong then you go into LYLO w/ two wolves and it's once again; possible your reads are wrong. If you're town you're over confident on things you're labeling scum reads.
I think overcat was obv town. And this feels like town Kay. I don't think either are scum. My town reads haven't changed since yesterday so I'm not sure what you expected?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:47 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 922, Luka wrote:
In post 921, Luka wrote:
I mean, I'm universal town and if you were a wolf. Even if you aren't they can kill me to frame you.
W/ all due respect to Eira I strongly doubt they die.
This question is actually pretty bad since the answer is really telegraphed and it gains you nothing.
🤣
Luka
Luka
Any
Goon
Luka
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:48 am

Post by Luka »

Any wolf targeting the IC when Eiralox claimed protective is pretty bad at mech so I don't know how you're all so confident on this.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:48 am

Post by Hu Tao »

Yes, that was his other situation he thought was probable. I agree with that one
Luka
Luka
Any
Goon
Luka
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:48 am

Post by Luka »

Any wolf targeting the IC when Eiralox claimed protective is pretty bad at mech so I don't know how you're all so confident on this.
Luka
Luka
Any
Goon
Luka
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:49 am

Post by Luka »

Double post oops
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:51 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

Hu can you evaluate GIF as if Overcat was never in the game? I don’t understand the “obvtown” read and GIF doesn’t feel obvious town to me. I want to understand why I shouldn’t be sus of him but I have nothing right now.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:52 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 935, Luka wrote: Any wolf targeting the IC when Eiralox claimed protective is pretty bad at mech so I don't know how you're all so confident on this.
It could’ve been a bluff. Either way, scum targeted IC or Eira. I see no other real possibilities here. No way you were protected.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:53 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 937, KayJayQueue wrote: Hu can you evaluate GIF as if Overcat was never in the game? I don’t understand the “obvtown” read and GIF doesn’t feel obvious town to me. I want to understand why I shouldn’t be sus of him but I have nothing right now.
Well gif kinda feels like Titus last game. But I'll try to explain why overcat was towny
Luka
Luka
Any
Goon
Luka
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:55 am

Post by Luka »

In post 938, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 935, Luka wrote: Any wolf targeting the IC when Eiralox claimed protective is pretty bad at mech so I don't know how you're all so confident on this.
It could’ve been a bluff. Either way, scum targeted IC or Eira. I see no other real possibilities here. No way you were protected.
Probably wasn't a bluff, it's possible I was protected. I agree that it's less probable than the scum team just not knowing how to interact with mechanical information judging from the thread, but I believe Eiralox said something along the lines of Mine / Umlauts reads being the best in this game / us having the solve.
Luka
Luka
Any
Goon
Luka
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:56 am

Post by Luka »

In post 932, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 922, Luka wrote:
In post 921, Luka wrote:
I mean, I'm universal town and if you were a wolf. Even if you aren't they can kill me to frame you.
W/ all due respect to Eira I strongly doubt they die.
This question is actually pretty bad since the answer is really telegraphed and it gains you nothing.
🤣
It's true lol, if you want to ask a question make sure you gain something out of it rather than just polluting thread. That's like asking me what's 2+2
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:56 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 939, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 937, KayJayQueue wrote: Hu can you evaluate GIF as if Overcat was never in the game? I don’t understand the “obvtown” read and GIF doesn’t feel obvious town to me. I want to understand why I shouldn’t be sus of him but I have nothing right now.
Well gif kinda feels like Titus last game. But I'll try to explain why overcat was towny
Well fuck, I think Titus is scum in every game lol
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:57 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 52, Overcat wrote: Okay, so, in terms of this question:
@Overcat
Elaborate on what "Effort" Jackson has put in please.

I'll say that questions normally have a question mark on the end, and don't include quotation marks alongside any of the words to indicate deep skepticism. I will answer your question, but you have to remove the quotation marks if you want that.

The next point I'll make is that one of the scumreads I learnt from my experience on mafia websites is that town tend to ask questions and try to ascertain people's reasons for things quite strongly, and scum tend to ask questions but be disinterested in the answers, and are generally asking them in a way that's for social posturing. Luka has indicated they are mafia quite strongly to me in this instance (not definitely, but I'm like 70% sure), as their question wasn't actually a question, and the quotation marks indicated a lack of interest in my answer.

The second point I'll make as a more minor fos is that scum tend to be more interested in the way things 'look' and town tend to be more interested in more definite things. Luka stating that "Them liking the doggy is wolfy /srs", is a social putdown along the lines of 'oh, so you associate with him?' sometimes that valid reasoning, in this case it's not. I don't want to make my post too long, and take up too much of the conversation space, though if anyone's curious I have one more read or two I can out.

Anyway, I normally don't vote and make decisions so early on, but I think this is mafia
VOTE: Luka
In post 73, Overcat wrote: Seems like I overexplained a few things and ended up wall-posting apologies. I will overexplain less in future unless requested.

I wanna say two things before bed:

1. I am unlikely to unvote Luka at this point. I believe that given the information we have now, it would be a mistake to vote anyone else.

2. Jackson said - I'll wait for Luka to comment on my questions, but for right now I'm liking Cat and I'm liking Eira (based on that last post). I think FancyPants is a wolf:

I disagree with this read a bit. Whilst I agree that Eiralox's last line is mildly towny, and it's definitely a mood for you, because you seem to like a slower pace of game, I don't want to trust them just yet. I don't like that they haven't shown much emotional investment in the game so far, or taken firm stances on any reads. Once they start doing that, I'm probably willing to townread them, but for now, they just haven't done that.
These just feel like genuine thoughts
Luka
Luka
Any
Goon
Luka
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:57 am

Post by Luka »

In post 931, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 920, Luka wrote:
In post 917, Hu Tao wrote: Pretty confident in 2/3 HEM, Jackson, Luka. Vote them in any order and we win
Why aren't you re-evaluating today when you're alive + two town flips, both of which you didn't TR? Also, if even one of them is wrong then you go into LYLO w/ two wolves and it's once again; possible your reads are wrong. If you're town you're over confident on things you're labeling scum reads.
I think overcat was obv town. And this feels like town Kay. I don't think either are scum. My town reads haven't changed since yesterday so I'm not sure what you expected?
I mean, you were wrong on 2 flipped slots and all of your town reads alive alive + yourself entering D2, I'm not sure why exactly you have the audacity to tunnel a page 2 obv town read without elaborating on it further other than "gut".
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:58 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 940, Luka wrote:
In post 938, KayJayQueue wrote:
Probably wasn't a bluff, it's possible I was protected. I agree that it's less probable than the scum team just not knowing how to interact with mechanical information judging from the thread, but I believe Eiralox said something along the lines of Mine / Umlauts reads being the best in this game / us having the solve.
I meant scum could’ve thought Eira’s claim was a bluff. I highly doubt you were targeted for a kill AND protected. But what do I know.
Luka
Luka
Any
Goon
Luka
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:59 am

Post by Luka »

In post 945, KayJayQueue wrote: I meant scum could’ve thought Eira’s claim was a bluff. I highly doubt you were targeted for a kill AND protected. But what do I know.
My point being that if Hu Tao is scum and only if such were to be the case it's possible I was for both, given me being protected is plausible due to Eiralox's post regarding me and Umlaut given Umlaut is dead, and I've been tunneling Hu Tao most of the game.
Luka
Luka
Any
Goon
Luka
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:00 am

Post by Luka »

In post 930, KayJayQueue wrote: Especially in a micro, scum definitely went after the confirmed town. I see no reason why they wouldn’t.
Bestie there is literally a protective claim, if scum went after the confirmed town and expected anything but them being protected then they have a skill issue.
Luka
Luka
Any
Goon
Luka
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:02 am

Post by Luka »

In post 929, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
it's probable that firebringer was the kill and eiralox protected him

i don't know how that makes me scum luka, so let me hear your theory
For the bolded, I don't build worlds around scum being horrible at NKs. I do admit that it's possible Eiralox was directly attacked which makes this read inherintly mean nothing. My point being that I believe if I weren't to be attacked Hu Tao is ocrams razor town given they would likely kill me during the night were they to be a wolf, and I have the two pairings given.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:03 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 942, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 939, Hu Tao wrote:
Well fuck, I think Titus is scum in every game lol
:lol: I'm willing to reevaluate but its just a gut read

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”