Shell Game (Day 8)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2900 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2024 3:32 am

Post by SirCakez »

Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2901 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2024 3:33 am

Post by SirCakez »

ACTUALLY TOWN READS - Lukewarm, Pooky, Dunnstral, Pengy
TOWN ISH...FOR NOW - Shello and Goodbye, Dannflor, Spiffeh, marcistar, Oblivion, Bingle
idk yet - StD, experience, Gypyx
A LITTLE SCUMMISH - Firebringer, CSF, Klick
SCUMMY BUT IM ALSO TILTED - Hermit Crab
SCUMMY AF - Morph the Cat, Firebagel, Sunflower, Brian Skies

pls keep in mind these are rough draft immediate fire thought reads based individually
ex; morph and sunflower are probably not scum together but I got scum vibes from them individually
I'm also ignoring the hoods for now

I find the whole "slip" argument against me to be incredibly dumb but I don't think there's anything even to argue there so I'm just gonna ignore it. I don't really think it's AI.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2902 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2024 3:34 am

Post by SirCakez »

Now
VOTE: BRIAN SKIES

All of his posts sound like wet toilet paper being thrown at a wall. He's probably sad his teammates already decided to bus him.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2903 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2024 3:36 am

Post by SirCakez »

I found the arguments against morph the cat presented by Lukewarm and Bingle to be incredibly persuasive. Even though Luke backed down on it later I think he was on to something. Morph keeps making posts this game that make me think they are manufacturing their town PoV and trying to make their posts from it and it's not coming off 100% right. It's like you fed ChatGPT a bunch of town!morph posts then told it to write town!morph posts itself.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2904 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2024 3:38 am

Post by SirCakez »

My top four town reads have all made posts/had consistent vibes today that have felt inarguably town to me. For example Dunn's level of engagement and scumhunting this game has felt beyond what I've seen him pull off as scum in the past. And Penguin's entire day one play looks like town Pengy to a T, and I know because I had to twist it into some bullshit to try to get him eliminated in Eminence in Shadow
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2905 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2024 3:40 am

Post by SirCakez »

The people in townish I have seen posts that made me feel good about them at points but I don't trust them (or myself lol) to correctly have read them as strong town this early

Especially Spiffeh I love the mouse but I can't trust him :P
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2906 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2024 3:41 am

Post by SirCakez »

AMA
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Best Social Game

Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2907 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2024 3:46 am

Post by Gypyx »

why did you catch up
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

i also have a Mini Normal !

bottom text
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2908 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2024 3:46 am

Post by PenguinPower »

VOTE: brian

cakez is town
<(") | (")>
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2909 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2024 3:50 am

Post by Shello and Goodbye »

In post 2906, SirCakez wrote:
AMA
can you elaborate more on the csf + hermit + morph + sunflower ones?

also did you wolfread morph at all before the luke case or did you read it and then apply it back if that makes sense?

- ydra
marcistar
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2910 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2024 3:59 am

Post by marcistar »

What does ama mean
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Best Social Game

Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2911 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2024 4:03 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 2910, marcistar wrote: What does ama mean
Attack Me Anytime
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

i also have a Mini Normal !

bottom text
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2912 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2024 4:07 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 2909, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
In post 2906, SirCakez wrote:
AMA
can you elaborate more on the csf + hermit + morph + sunflower ones?

also did you wolfread morph at all before the luke case or did you read it and then apply it back if that makes sense?

- ydra
With CSF I get the vibe she is kinda following the crowd and there's not much original scumhunting going on. Her last two votes were Firebringer and me and both of those wagons were detailed and started by other players. and seems like it is again setting up another wagon hop. if you iso there's not a lot of actual scumhunting going on besides questioning other people's townreads and repeating talking points other people generated

Sunflower has some individual posts that pinged me, a lot of which were already called out in thread. feels weirdly overwritten and not like real thoughts. sounds kinda fake to me. gives me the same vibes as 116, idk if I'm just misreading the tone? like these reads feel very noncomittal and like they aren't backed up by anything. hmmm I will say after finishing the ISO re-read it wasn't as bad as I remembered, their posts have improved recently. i would probably put them in scummish instead of bottom scum on reevaluation.

Hermit has been irking me because they have been poking at me pretty much constantly from the "slip" moment and i feel like they are not trying to look at things from a neutral PoV and determining what alignment I am, they are trying to take what i post and fit it into scum!cakez boxes. there was more posting in the hood while i was reading that got me irked further by this but i also recognize im just annoyed with them right now so i don't think it's a route i'm gonna pursue today

Morph is kinda the same thing but I have other reasons to think they are scum aside from this pattern. I'm trying to just disregard the whole slip argument they made and write it off as NAI because i think it's really dumb and i don't have an objective take on it. In regards to your second question I would say I had some of these vibes from Morph before the Luke and Bingle arguments but they kind of crystallized what I was feeling into words. Like I remember while I was reading thinking that Bingle literally just wrote my mind down in this post:
In post 1694, Bingle wrote: Cabd’s posting feels like he’s trying to be sudsing things but not actually being sudsing things.
I'm also surprised they have not come at me more cutthroat-ly because I know especially Cabd is an absolute monster when it comes to dunking his scum reads and it seems like they bought into the slip argument against me pretty strong. I suspect it could be because they don't want to burn a lot of cred on my town flip, although that might be too surface-level of thinking but that's the Occam's Razor explanation
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2913 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2024 4:08 am

Post by SirCakez »

ask me anything don't listen to gypyx lol
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
marcistar
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2914 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2024 4:09 am

Post by marcistar »

That sounds like some reddit boomer type slang ngl
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2915 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2024 4:18 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 2904, SirCakez wrote: Dunn's level of engagement and scumhunting this game has felt beyond what I've seen him pull off as scum in the past.
u wot m8
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2916 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2024 4:21 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 2911, Gypyx wrote:
Attack Me Anytime
no u first
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2917 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2024 4:21 am

In post 2912, SirCakez wrote: With CSF I get the vibe she is kinda following the crowd and there's not much original scumhunting going on. Her last two votes were Firebringer and me and both of those wagons were detailed and started by other players. and seems like it is again setting up another wagon hop. if you iso there's not a lot of actual scumhunting going on besides questioning other people's townreads and repeating talking points other people generated
i'm probably going to pick at this reply more than do it all at once so sorry cakez lol im busy playing Video games

i think i disagree with this take because while csf isn't doing like... the Most in the world to case or really fight back against people she feels inquisitive about things in a way that's towny to me. what do you think about the things she's actually said or done that i think were of her own volition like the oblivion thing early on, some of her mech stuff, firebagel, etc. this is vague so don't treat this as a whole list of things

- ydra
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2918 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2024 4:23 am

UNVOTE:

also this is very silly but while writing that after reading over the reasoning it felt more like a "i am asking town questions" thing than interrogating wolf thing
i guess i would put it on brian in spirit atm. whenever people show up they seem towny most of the time so i feel like this game is going horribly wrong already

- ydra
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2919 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2024 4:27 am

Post by Bingle »

I disagree, ydra. I think this game is actually going pretty well. Like... there's 117 pages, but all of it feels like there's information there and we just need to sus it out. There's garbage wagons, but they feel like meaningful garbage wagons. We don't need to win today, we need today to make us win.

I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES!
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2920 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2024 4:27 am

In post 2912, SirCakez wrote: Morph is kinda the same thing but I have other reasons to think they are scum aside from this pattern. I'm trying to just disregard the whole slip argument they made and write it off as NAI because i think it's really dumb and i don't have an objective take on it. In regards to your second question I would say I had some of these vibes from Morph before the Luke and Bingle arguments but they kind of crystallized what I was feeling into words. Like I remember while I was reading thinking that Bingle literally just wrote my mind down in this post:
In post 1694, Bingle wrote:
Cabd’s posting feels like he’s trying to be sudsing things but not actually being sudsing things.
I'm also surprised they have not come at me more cutthroat-ly because I know especially Cabd is an absolute monster when it comes to dunking his scum reads and it seems like they bought into the slip argument against me pretty strong. I suspect it could be because they don't want to burn a lot of cred on my town flip, although that might be too surface-level of thinking but that's the Occam's Razor explanation
also i was curious about this because like, earlier on morph was saying stuff about how wolves tend to treat them and position themselves around them - they don't want to townread them because it bolsters their solves, wolfreading is a lot, so they go into the nullish zone instead where they can exist. when you posted your initial read that was mostly about someone else's case i wondered if it was like, an audacious wolf thing where cakez would NEVER rebel against morph as wolf and take on that pressure in this position

what do you think abt their posting around the time of the neighborhood reveals/the dethy stuff? also why wouldn't it be burning cred on you to subscribe to that argument? i feel like if anything ppl would see, in this world where they're wolf and you're town, that it was like... a very small thing that they 'shouldn't' have bought into

- ydra
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2921 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2024 4:28 am

In post 2919, Bingle wrote: I disagree, ydra. I think this game is actually going pretty well. Like... there's 117 pages, but all of it feels like there's information there and we just need to sus it out. There's garbage wagons, but they feel like meaningful garbage wagons. We don't need to win today, we need today to make us win.

I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES!
i've been increasingly cranky about the size of this game. don't look at my post count

- ydra
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2922 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2024 4:31 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 2915, Bingle wrote:
In post 2904, SirCakez wrote: Dunn's level of engagement and scumhunting this game has felt beyond what I've seen him pull off as scum in the past.
u wot m8
ok that sounded kind of dumb but the point is he feels like town!Dunn fairly transparently to me
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2923 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2024 4:33 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 2917, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
In post 2912, SirCakez wrote: With CSF I get the vibe she is kinda following the crowd and there's not much original scumhunting going on. Her last two votes were Firebringer and me and both of those wagons were detailed and started by other players. and seems like it is again setting up another wagon hop. if you iso there's not a lot of actual scumhunting going on besides questioning other people's townreads and repeating talking points other people generated
i'm probably going to pick at this reply more than do it all at once so sorry cakez lol im busy playing Video games

i think i disagree with this take because while csf isn't doing like... the Most in the world to case or really fight back against people she feels inquisitive about things in a way that's towny to me. what do you think about the things she's actually said or done that i think were of her own volition like the oblivion thing early on, some of her mech stuff, firebagel, etc. this is vague so don't treat this as a whole list of things

- ydra
i mean you're right that stuff is there, when she is engaged she has some good posts
i need to consider her more, i'll see what happens the rest of today i'm obv not voting her today
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2924 (ISO) » Sat May 04, 2024 4:37 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 2921, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
In post 2919, Bingle wrote: I disagree, ydra. I think this game is actually going pretty well. Like... there's 117 pages, but all of it feels like there's information there and we just need to sus it out. There's garbage wagons, but they feel like meaningful garbage wagons. We don't need to win today, we need today to make us win.

I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES!
i've been increasingly cranky about the size of this game. don't look at my post count

- ydra
I mean, sure it’s a long ass game, but it’s a long ass game where things are actually happening. It’s kinda why the cakez wagon was ass. Anyone who has played a game with cakez and expected more from him before now was lying to someone

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”