Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2400 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 4:22 pm

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 2385, Grovyle in a Fedora wrote:
In post 2383, SmileyDude1 wrote:
In post 2358, Grovyle in a Fedora wrote:
In post 2355, Black wrote:
In post 2354, Aureal wrote: Yeah I don't see much reason to shoot there either, which is exactly why the jk almost certainly was stopping him from making the kill rather than being it.

Also the whole "working in lockstep with Goofball to defend each other once they got tied together" thing.
If it's almost certain that Smiley is scum then why should we fade DGB today?
think of it this way: i think dgb is almost certainly scum here, and we have 2 PRs right now otherwise alive. since drnick is odd night, this means that if we remove scum's ability to roleblock, it will force scum to kill there and give me an extra result.

also thomith's actions are less scummy than dgb's here, and it very well could have been a PR read shot since scum have only shot 1 PR so far and probably are desperate to find another this close to endgame.

we remove scum's counterplay to the remaining PRs we have a good shot at getting good info the next day. does that make sense? id really prefer if you voted dgb first here for that reason
This stands out to me, cause I think the idea of DGB being a scum roleblocker becomes even more dubious if you're of the thought that Nick was gated jailkeeper here.

Like IMO

Novice V-Cop
Jailkeeper
Neighborizer
VTS

Vs.

Roleblocker
Goons

feels kind of dubious to me on its own. If your thought was that the jailkeeper is gated as well then I do think it becomes rather apparent that an RB for scum doesn't work here. Think Town!Grov would be able to see that.

Also the part about getting an extra result is off to me because it implies a belief that they'd be able to get an useful result out of an additional check. In the world where this is correct and DGB is a scum roleblocker, I think it's undeniably correct that they don't have another PR here which means Grov wouldn't get any info out of an additional check here.
first off, I FINISHED MY FINAL -

shrug i was looking for arguments to resolve my stronger scumread and I misspecced.

drnick being not oddnight makes it more likely

i dont know how balance works on this site that well, I just figured that JK + neighorizer + an investigative was fine here

i think looking at mech is bad anyways and that dgb's dayplay is more incriminating here and that you can reasonably see my progression throughout this game. i am not one that wants to lose to both of us being town and you having been shot at - i dont think its outside of the realm of possibility by any means. who else should have died here? thomith and black after all were fairly clear based on the ming situation and thomith was posting fairly well while they were alive. shortcuts, especially ones that lead to losing situations if you assume wrongly - are bad.

also side note i i
I think even in the scenario that scum did shoot into me and we're both town it's best to at least partially resolve myself/you this day phase.

let me ask you a question, if we were to divert away from resolving us here and wound up flipping green, do you realistically see a scenario where we don't just wind up resolving within us tomorrow anyways here? Cause if a misflip in this state just means we resolve us tomorrow, I'd rather just rip the bandaid off now. In the reality we're actually both town, at the very least doing so would confirm to the survivor what happened and allow them to operate and try to solve based off that even if the situation would be dire there (also will say for this reason I do think it'd be a mistake to insta-toss the survivor of me/Grov in MELO should the other flip green, def should be main suspect but I think it'd be better to see what they cook up in that scenario). Whereas resolving it tomorrow would just result in us losing the game anyways if we're both town here.
Friendly Neighborhood Scummer

ADHD
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2401 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 4:24 pm

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 2390, Black wrote:
In post 2388, Gibdo wrote: I think Smiley is making way too much sense to be scum here. My town read on Grov started fading a bit after the D3 lim on Hu Tao anyway. I at least want to give Grovyle time after finals before I commit my vote there.
I agree that Smiley is making sense but that doesn't make him town

What is your read on DGB?
Where would you say you're at in regards to me atm?

ADHD
DrNickRiviera
DrNickRiviera
He/Him
Goon
DrNickRiviera
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2402 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 4:42 pm

Post by DrNickRiviera »

In post 2401, SmileyDude1 wrote:
In post 2388, Gibdo wrote: I think Smiley is making way too much sense to be scum here. My town read on Grov started fading a bit after the D3 lim on Hu Tao anyway. I at least want to give Grovyle time after finals before I commit my vote there.

I literally was just typing up a long post about how I think Grovyle and you could both be town, and DGB is scum with someone else......but halfway through it just keeps coming back that it is obvious it is you and DGB

There is no world where I would vote anyone besides you two today
HI EVERYBODY!
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2403 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 5:26 pm

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 2393, Grovyle in a Fedora wrote: I don't think my play makes sense for scum here and I maintain that. The only "argument" against my slot is mech voodoo. Going by dayplay over mechplay is almost always the correct choice, for which DGB falls into the category of having the scummier. I'll point to the hu tao vote again, I clearly showed I played with info I had on hu tao and had they not claimed the role they did, they would have lived there. I don't get how it gets clearer than that that I have been playing this game like a town vanilla cop and its obnoxious that shitty setup spec is being used to discredit me.
To clarify, you were one of my top suspects based on dayplay entering this phase based off of what I read.

I felt your interactions with Ming were bad with positing a strong townread there and which gave me chainsaw vibes. More kind of potential chainsaw stuff comes in and even when you back off from RM in it comes with a discredit of their Ming read there. Then the end of day where you kind of toy around with voting Ming, but don't wind up doing so doesn't feel endorsing either (would be lying by ommission if I didn't mention that I don't like in particular within this sequence, felt like a last ditch effort to try to deflect away from the Ming wagon there).

In general your voting records been bad, being off of the only scum-lim and on both town-lims this game so far. The day 3 lim is particularly notable given you wound up on Hu Tao via a quick pivot towards them after calling them a town-lean earlier in the phase which feels weird to me. I see where that happened (starting at ) but I think the response and where it's taken felt disproportionate to what Hu said and it feels like taking advantage of an opening to justify voting them again rather than an actual stance to me. Like obvs me and Grov are wired different, though I do think it feels more natural to ask HT to elaborate rather than assume bad faith there in most scenarios, it does give forced pings to me.

ADHD
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2404 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 5:34 pm

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 2402, DrNickRiviera wrote:

I literally was just typing up a long post about how I think Grovyle and you could both be town, and DGB is scum with someone else......but halfway through it just keeps coming back that it is obvious it is you and DGB

There is no world where I would vote anyone besides you two today

If you're insistent on this, then I implore you to vote me here, It's a misplay IMO to not partially resolve myself/Grov today for reasons that are apparent reading my . I'm willing to take the hit for town if it means clarifying the gamestate here.

I only ask that you give my words due consideration after they're confirmed to you to be pure.

ADHD
Grovyle in a Fedora
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #2405 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 5:41 pm

Post by Grovyle in a Fedora »

In post 2403, SmileyDude1 wrote:
In post 2393, Grovyle in a Fedora wrote: I don't think my play makes sense for scum here and I maintain that. The only "argument" against my slot is mech voodoo. Going by dayplay over mechplay is almost always the correct choice, for which DGB falls into the category of having the scummier. I'll point to the hu tao vote again, I clearly showed I played with info I had on hu tao and had they not claimed the role they did, they would have lived there. I don't get how it gets clearer than that that I have been playing this game like a town vanilla cop and its obnoxious that shitty setup spec is being used to discredit me.
To clarify, you were one of my top suspects based on dayplay entering this phase based off of what I read.

I felt your interactions with Ming were bad with positing a strong townread there and which gave me chainsaw vibes. More kind of potential chainsaw stuff comes in and even when you back off from RM in it comes with a discredit of their Ming read there. Then the end of day where you kind of toy around with voting Ming, but don't wind up doing so doesn't feel endorsing either (would be lying by ommission if I didn't mention that I don't like in particular within this sequence, felt like a last ditch effort to try to deflect away from the Ming wagon there).

In general your voting records been bad, being off of the only scum-lim and on both town-lims this game so far. The day 3 lim is particularly notable given you wound up on Hu Tao via a quick pivot towards them after calling them a town-lean earlier in the phase which feels weird to me. I see where that happened (starting at ) but I think the response and where it's taken felt disproportionate to what Hu said and it feels like taking advantage of an opening to justify voting them again rather than an actual stance to me. Like obvs me and Grov are wired different, though I do think it feels more natural to ask HT to elaborate rather than assume bad faith there in most scenarios, it does give forced pings to me.
a) this completely misrepresets how i played around ming and trying to paint me as being wrong early on as being scum doing so. my vote was for all intents and purposes on ming there after pointing out he had fallen off significantly since daystart. also 1209 I do not understand what you are trying to pull from that, I am thinking about ming scum and it feels like you pulled random posts out of context especially with that one.

And when we go onto your accusation of me making up a justification of voting hu tao is even further out of context - when I have already claimed... MULTIPLE TIMES this dayphase that I had a vanilla result on hu tao, and my insistence to vote hu is clearly post-claim. Yeah I didnt quite justify it as logically as a normal townie might there, because I was a PR with a result that contradicted their claim and even pointed out to hu tao directly that they didnt play like a doctor, which was a subtle way of saying "i know you're not a doc".

you are just caught not reading here while trying to come off as well read in the game, at worst. If you want to thunderdome me, fine, but this feels like an adhoc justification to push me over dgb this dayphase.
Grovyle in a Fedora
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2406 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 5:45 pm

I personally am way less sure of your slot being a hit than my own but if you want to continue pushing this bad faith thunderdome while I'm insisting on flpping dgb, it only leads me to believe that you are defending a scum partner who claimed to bail you out
Grovyle in a Fedora
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2407 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 5:46 pm

In post 2398, Black wrote: I just don't think Nick is scum here
if you think I'm town then you should be voting DGB here every time

that goes for nick too.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2408 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 10:47 pm

Post by Gypyx »

VOTE: Grovyle

Grovyle feels like the only player who's not solving the game ? there's something with the defensiveness where it looks like his main goal is to survive and not, you know, figure things out
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
DrNickRiviera
DrNickRiviera
He/Him
Goon
DrNickRiviera
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2409 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 11:07 pm

Post by DrNickRiviera »

In post 2408, Gypyx wrote: VOTE: Grovyle

Grovyle feels like the only player who's not solving the game ? there's something with the defensiveness where it looks like his main goal is to survive and not, you know, figure things out
Then what is DGB doing?
HI EVERYBODY!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2410 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 11:17 pm

Post by Black »

I like your thoughts but I don't think any of them are particularly hard to come up with as skilled Mafia, which I would assume you are judging by how smart you seem to be
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Grovyle in a Fedora
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2411 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 11:19 pm

In post 2408, Gypyx wrote: VOTE: Grovyle

Who's the team then?
Grovyle in a Fedora
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2412 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 11:20 pm

I have literally explained my thought process from previous days bc I got accused of absurd nonsense and then I get called defensive? Are you projecting?
Grovyle in a Fedora
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2413 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 11:22 pm

Yeah I'm not gonna fucking roll over and let people accuse me of whatever . I've been in thus game from the start and have had my views evolve naturally throughout the game. It should be YOU who is combing the game and finding information, not me who has already explained how and why dgb is scum here.

If I'm not solving then neither is nick, and neither is aureal or black.

This is a cherry picked accusation to justify a vote on me and probably outing for the gypyx slot.
Grovyle in a Fedora
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2414 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 11:23 pm

@smiley stop throwing the game bc you wanna play mech roulette.
Grovyle in a Fedora
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2415 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 11:24 pm

I'm not voting you ever this game and you voting me out is giving scum a free Mylo and turning a slot that should be nightkilled into one that is dead
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #2416 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 11:24 pm

Post by Black »

I had a thought when reading that Smiley is really trying to save his scum PR but then it hit me that I don't really know why he would be doing that. Even if Smiley is faded I don't think there is any world where DGB gets a kill off due to Nick being so sus of her. And she can't roleblock because there's no multitasking. (Side note I'm kinda curious what would happen if roleblocker and JK target each other?)

This move doesn't really make sense in a Smiley/DGB solve
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Grovyle in a Fedora
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2417 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 11:25 pm

In post 2416, Black wrote: I had a thought when reading that Smiley is really trying to save his scum PR but then it hit me that I don't really know why he would be doing that. Even if Smiley is faded I don't think there is any world where DGB gets a kill off due to Nick being so sus of her. And she can't roleblock because there's no multitasking. (Side note I'm kinda curious what would happen if roleblocker and JK target each other?)

nah fam that's not solving cuz gypyx said nuh uh and I made a similar conclusion
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #2418 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 11:26 pm

Post by Black »

Oh hi Grovyle good morning
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Grovyle in a Fedora
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2419 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 11:27 pm

Actually its good night for me I played runescape all night like an idiot and I have work this afternoon
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #2420 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 11:27 pm

Post by Black »

In post 2417, Grovyle in a Fedora wrote:
In post 2416, Black wrote: I had a thought when reading that Smiley is really trying to save his scum PR but then it hit me that I don't really know why he would be doing that. Even if Smiley is faded I don't think there is any world where DGB gets a kill off due to Nick being so sus of her. And she can't roleblock because there's no multitasking. (Side note I'm kinda curious what would happen if roleblocker and JK target each other?)

nah fam that's not solving cuz gypyx said nuh uh and I made a similar conclusion
Did I miss this conclusion from you?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #2421 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 11:28 pm

Post by Black »

In post 2419, Grovyle in a Fedora wrote: Actually its good night for me I played runescape all night like an idiot and I have work this afternoon
Oh :lol:

Ok goodnight
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Grovyle in a Fedora
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2422 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 11:29 pm

In post 2420, Black wrote:
In post 2417, Grovyle in a Fedora wrote:

Did I miss this conclusion from you?
well I am not currently advocating that Smiley is scum here and instead pushing to resolve dgb first, I thought it was implicit that I believed there was a higher than 0 chance Smiley is town. But if u also wanna vote me here go ahead I guess we can throw another miseliminatikn away just like Hu tao did because he wanted to claim things for fun. Guess it was too easy of a game with rationalmadman getting a scum d1 gotta make it harder
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #2423 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 11:30 pm

Post by Black »

In post 2413, Grovyle in a Fedora wrote: Yeah I'm not gonna fucking roll over and let people accuse me of whatever . I've been in thus game from the start and have had my views evolve naturally throughout the game. It should be YOU who is combing the game and finding information, not me who has already explained how and why dgb is scum here.

If I'm not solving then neither is nick, and neither is aureal or black.

This is a cherry picked accusation to justify a vote on me and probably outing for the gypyx slot.
Yeah I think I agree here. Gypyx is being extremely reserved
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Grovyle in a Fedora
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Grovyle in a Fedora
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2424 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2024 11:31 pm

honestly I was almost over the tilt I felt when Hu tao flipped vt but this shit is pushing me over the edge rofl. Why do I have higher standards for my play than everyone else in every game I play even on an alt

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”