Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3675 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 1:35 am

Post by Val89 »

I am currently writing a response to Lycan, but for me, scum loses this game presently if they are in {You, LF, RN} and the only way for scum in that trio to win is to go ahead an open that PoE wider, today.

Your current stance on the game of staying hands off while publicly saying you want one of me or enchant so you can push one or both of us tomorrow just happens to dovetail into that nicely. If it is town!Kay I realise that is accidental co-incidence, and I am not asking you to change your opinion - but nailing your colours to the mast by giving a decent town case on those other slots you DON'T want today would go some way to making me feel a little easier about you living into tomorrow.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3676 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 1:55 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

My stance in the game has been Enchant or you (your slot) for awhile, even before you repped in. So you seem to be insinuating I am using my stance so I can push you tomorrow? I already voted Enchant this day phase and only unvoted to avoid a hammer before you could catch up. If I just wanted someone eliminated, I could have left my vote there. It feels like you (and Enchant) are voting me because I don’t feel good about you, I get it but also, it feels like we’re stuck in this cycle. It also feels like since I was the only one saying your slots name that it was easy to position yourself against me in your catch up. I just think you read through the game with a bias you were trying to prove and this is what it’s led to. If you’re wanting me to towncase LF or RN the way Lycan does town cases, I can tell you it’s not going to happen before the deadline is up for today. I don’t have the time to do that currently.
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3677 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 2:03 am

Post by Random Nurse »

Kay did you play any other games before this one excluding the past one we were in?
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3678 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 2:09 am

Post by Val89 »

I am saying that, from my point of view, me and enchant is a stance that maximizes scum!Kay chances. I don't suggest it's not been a
consistent
stance, and I'm not even asking you to change it - I know I would probably be wasting my breath if you were either alignment.

But you asked how you could show those voting you (currently, me, enchant and gypyx) that you were town. Obviously there isn't any one thing to show you were town, but my answer to how you could show yourself
more likley
town is to do something that makes it harder for scum!Kay to win.

I know there is time pressure and that could well be genuine, but then to refuse to do so....well, I can't help but think the question was not a genuine appeal. How about not a Lycan style town, but just
anything
to justify why you think each is town that might make it harder for you to change your position tomorrow?
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3679 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 2:15 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 3677, Random Nurse wrote: Kay did you play any other games before this one excluding the past one we were in?
Yes but they were mostly all micro so they went much faster.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3680 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 2:33 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 3678, Val89 wrote: I am saying that, from my point of view, me and enchant is a stance that maximizes scum!Kay chances. I don't suggest it's not been a
consistent
stance, and I'm not even asking you to change it - I know I would probably be wasting my breath if you were either alignment.

But you asked how you could show those voting you (currently, me, enchant and gypyx) that you were town. Obviously there isn't any one thing to show you were town, but my answer to how you could show yourself
more likley
town is to do something that makes it harder for scum!Kay to win.

I know there is time pressure and that could well be genuine, but then to refuse to do so....well, I can't help but think the question was not a genuine appeal. How about not a Lycan style town, but just
anything
to justify why you think each is town that might make it harder for you to change your position tomorrow?
My position on Lycan is not changing, until Thom/Gypyx were confirmed, he was my strongest townread. I see no way he is scum from how he’s played since about the time Psyche repped in. I’ve never seen scum put as much effort into solving as he has. If someone wants to link me a scum game of his showing him doing this same thing as scum MAYBE I’d reconsider. But it’d have to be incredibly compelling.

RN is based a lot more off of meta and how active and vocal he has been in this game. (moreso in the later stages of it but the reasoning is the same) I’ve played with town RN and scum RN. Town RN was confident in his pushes even when wrong, and I feel like that resonates a lot with his play in this game. RN was outspoken in his reads this game, especially regarding Thom/Gypyx. If he was scum knowing that they’d eventually be hard cleared, why would he position himself so hard against them? He was the only one really pushing against them especially after snow was gone, and to me, that feels very much like town!RN.

I think Lycan-RN is TvT and since they’re busy with each other, I am now the push either led by or joined by scum. Gypyx is confirmed town. If Psyche was scum, I think he’d have enough of a reason to hammer me and not have much backlash tomorrow. This is why I feel like it has to be you or Enchant.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3681 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 2:39 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 3680, KayJayQueue wrote: If Psyche was scum, I think he’d have enough of a reason to hammer me and not have much backlash tomorrow
Thank you. We are getting somewhere now. Anything else to add about why you think Psyche is town apart from "he isn't hammering me now"?

If I can't get my Kay lim today - and cards on the table, I still hope I do - I will settle for making scum!Kays job harder particularly knowing you are going to have a good hard think about if you can shoot at Gypyx or if you can and need to WIFOM shooting me instead. It'll make me feel more comfortable and another lim instead today, at least.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3682 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 3:13 am

Post by Lycanfire »

VOTE: val89
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3683 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 3:16 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 3675, Val89 wrote: scum loses this game presently if they are in {You, LF, RN} and the only way for scum in that trio to win is to go ahead an open that PoE wider, today.
In post 3682, Lycanfire wrote: VOTE: val89

**insert surprised pikachu face here**
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3684 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 3:17 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 3666, Lycanfire wrote: I reviewed Kay's day 1. I don't think the flip comment is an inconsistency, because she initially answers Willow and is told by Oblivion to give a different answer.

Come again? Here is the whole exchange for reference:

In post 290, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 286, Oblivion wrote:
In post 285, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 284, Oblivion wrote: If you had a button to eliminate any player this second without ending the day, and they would flip, who would you choose?

My actual answer to that is incredibly biased and probably unfair so for the sake of the game, I’d say Will’o.
It does not want your political answer, it wants your actual answer.
NotAScum

"I don't want to give my reason answer, so here is a second-choice"; "No, what is your real answer?"; "NAS". Pretty clear to me. She wasn't told to give a second answer, she was told to give her REAL answer, since she was explicit her first response wasn't.

Even if I give your words the most generous interpretation that I can - that you actually believe Willow was her top choice and NAS was a forced-out of her second choice, that would STILL raise an eyebrow when a few days later and the leading wagons are the D1 mislim, and a known scum, and that person then said "I don’t really have an opinion either way on Dave vs NAS"

The fact that you tell me you've gone back and read all this decided "she initially answers Willow and is told by Oblivion to give a different answer" is your response is just straight-up
W I L D
to me.
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3685 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 3:22 am

Post by Random Nurse »

I don't think I can support Kay's wagon.

If she is Scum then congrats, you've played well.
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3686 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 3:23 am

Post by Random Nurse »

Kay is there any way I can convince you to vote Lycan?

I don't trust him.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3687 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 3:25 am

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 3683, Val89 wrote:
In post 3675, Val89 wrote: scum loses this game presently if they are in {You, LF, RN} and the only way for scum in that trio to win is to go ahead an open that PoE wider, today.
In post 3682, Lycanfire wrote: VOTE: val89

**insert surprised pikachu face here**
Yes everyone is opportunistic scum

Or there's valid reasons to vote you - like being dead weight for the town.
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3688 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 3:29 am

Post by Random Nurse »

Val, can I interest you in a Lycan lim?

I'm not interested in limming Kay—I'd rather have Lycan but if time runs out and I can't get traction on Lycan and they're piling on you well, I won't ever allow a no-lim.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3689 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 3:29 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Her posts are pretty easily explained by wanting to sheep from not having confidence in her pet read on willow. None of this has to be indicative either way. Move onto day 2 content.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3690 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 3:30 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 3667, Lycanfire wrote: Kay's focus d2

dave/ranger - 23
implied ranger post - 2
penguin/psyche - 4
thomith - 6
titus/enchant - 3
gypyx - 11
geraintm - 2
hu tao - 5
naerys - 7
snow - 1
willow/lycan - 3
random nurse - 4
oblivion/val - 5
implied post not liking titus/ranger attitude - 1
I was/still am in the process of checking your work here. I take it these numbers are the "mentions" I've seen you use as a scum hunting tool before, right? Did you take into account if they were positive, negative or neutral mentions, particularly around gypyx/thomith before deciding it wasn't a major theme?

I'm at #951 in that process, and I guess that EVERY SINGLE post mentioning one of those other slots up til 924 also included some discussion about merits or otherwise of voting in the hood just slipped you by, right?
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3691 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 3:30 am

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 3688, Random Nurse wrote: Val, can I interest you in a Lycan lim?

I'm not interested in limming Kay—I'd rather have Lycan but if time runs out and I can't get traction on Lycan and they're piling on you well, I won't ever allow a no-lim.
Hey random nurse who is scum?
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3692 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 3:31 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 3684, Val89 wrote:
In post 3666, Lycanfire wrote: I reviewed Kay's day 1. I don't think the flip comment is an inconsistency, because she initially answers Willow and is told by Oblivion to give a different answer.

Come again? Here is the whole exchange for reference:

In post 290, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 286, Oblivion wrote:
In post 285, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 284, Oblivion wrote: If you had a button to eliminate any player this second without ending the day, and they would flip, who would you choose?

My actual answer to that is incredibly biased and probably unfair so for the sake of the game, I’d say Will’o.
It does not want your political answer, it wants your actual answer.
NotAScum

"I don't want to give my reason answer, so here is a second-choice"; "No, what is your real answer?"; "NAS". Pretty clear to me. She wasn't told to give a second answer, she was told to give her REAL answer, since she was explicit her first response wasn't.

Even if I give your words the most generous interpretation that I can - that you actually believe Willow was her top choice and NAS was a forced-out of her second choice, that would STILL raise an eyebrow when a few days later and the leading wagons are the D1 mislim, and a known scum, and that person then said "I don’t really have an opinion either way on Dave vs NAS"

The fact that you tell me you've gone back and read all this decided "she initially answers Willow and is told by Oblivion to give a different answer" is your response is just straight-up
W I L D
to me.
I don’t think you understand the backstory of me and NAS and that my reasoning for not wanting him in the game was biased and personal and I was trying to not be that person. It’s why when he claimed VT, I decided I’d rather have the other claimed VT limmed instead because I thought it would yield more info. (I’m glad it didn’t go through because NAS would’ve probably just been limmed the next day or so because of how he plays) Oblivion pushing me for an answer after I already answered because it want good enough for it, with no follow up, to me was extremely weird and it felt like I was just being set up at that point. And here it’s being used against me, by the same slot. I had no idea what to do D1, I didn’t have any strong reads and was just going off of vibes and some meta, not that it was good. I didn’t understand the Snow wagon, I didn’t understand the Dave wagon, and I didn’t think there was any good options and unfortunately, NAS barely plays so I looked there. I didn’t really like how Wll’o was playing but didn’t think it was a vote that would go through. I moved my vote for the reason I already stated. It may not make sense to you but it did to me.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3693 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 3:32 am

Post by Lycanfire »

It's pointless to score them as positive or negative because I care about who is centralizing the current topic - even a negative post can keep people talking about something.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3694 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 3:33 am

Post by Val89 »

You absolutely can, yes. I was just hoping I could get Kay to pin herself down first in case Lycan doesn't flip red.

Do you think we can try to get her to say something that makes it harder to backtrack a town!Psyche read tomorrow, particular as I see on the pedit she in thread, first?
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3695 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 3:34 am

Post by Random Nurse »

Gypyx, how confident are you on limming Kay?

I don't get the feeling she's Scum this game, although my experience withbher is limited.

Can I persuade you off her wagon?
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3696 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 3:35 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 3686, Random Nurse wrote: Kay is there any way I can convince you to vote Lycan?

I don't trust him.
I trust him. I don’t feel comfortable voting him. I think you know that too since I haven’t been coy about my reads lol
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3697 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 3:35 am

Post by Lycanfire »

There is zero anti hood rhetoric in 924-950. Shes defending naerys and saying she will vote ranger.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3698 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 3:35 am

Post by Lycanfire »

How do I ever flip red here Val?

How much of this game have you read?
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3699 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 3:36 am

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 3694, Val89 wrote:

You absolutely can, yes. I was just hoping I could get Kay to pin herself down first in case Lycan doesn't flip red.

Do you think we can try to get her to say something that makes it harder to backtrack a town!Psyche read tomorrow, particular as I see on the pedit she in thread, first?

I'm struggling paying attention to the deeper aspects of this game because I'm getting thrashed about by work [insert gorilla fighting meme].

I don't know which part the latter paragraph refers to. I play by gut and gut doesn't really feel it on Kay currently.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”