Shell Game (Day 8)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Firebagel
Firebagel
she
Goon
Firebagel
she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she

Post Post #4300 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 7:48 am

Post by Firebagel »

In post 4297, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 4291, Firebagel wrote:
In post 4273, Dannflor wrote: #2 is just to give up because you dont have the WIM and if you're gonna get caught anyway you don't want to accidentally reveal too much info for town to use
- there is 1 player in the hood who is playing this way
And it's Save the Dragons. He just did that right here with me. :P
i think you misunderstood what dann was trying to say if you think that
No I don't think so.

You said: "i don't think that just because scum didn't step in and save Brian that they don't have influence and I think getting yourself into a false sense of security like that is dangerous"

I asked who is supposedly having a false sense of security and you decided you didn't want to talk to me anymore. I have little doubt that scum are still hoping I can be a miselimination, and you flipping scum after getting into a protracted dispute with me trying to push you would damage the possibility of that happening. So you don't want to do it. That's what I mean by saying you don't want to reveal too much info for town to use.
Firebagel
Firebagel
she
Goon
Firebagel
she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she

Post Post #4301 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 7:49 am

Post by Firebagel »

In post 4298, morph the cat wrote: Why even bother with a super sekrit alt if you're wanting to play a game you've been watching with a bunch of names you supposedly enjoy playing with?

Open mic replies.
:shifty:

It's funny? :D
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4302 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 7:58 am

Post by wolfbae »

In post 4299, Firebagel wrote:
In post 4296, wolfbae wrote: I've seen him as both alignments. He used to be better than that and I don't know what happened but I consider how he has played now to be essentially outing
He does have a pretty sparse iso even for him but apparently he's been notably more talkative in the hood, which I can't see, so I don't even think I could draw conclusions from it.
No, incorrect, he's frozen solid in there too. Like sometimes bad players just roll scum.
In post 4298, morph the cat wrote: Why even bother with a super sekrit alt if you're wanting to play a game you've been watching with a bunch of names you supposedly enjoy playing with?

Open mic replies.
The joke is that I call it super secret but it is not actually super secret, I'm being p obvious. I thought it would be a funny little prank~
super secret alt
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #4303 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 7:59 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 4110, Dunnstral wrote: I think it would be Firebringer or Sircakez. Though for SirCakez he was being pushed by Brian yesterday which is the reason Brian got voted.

You are absolutely wrong about everyone dying in that hood being ok. Also I think that is really unlikely

I think it's a pretty big overstatement to say Brian was pushing SirCakez. Maybe in the context of his overall lack of doing much it's sort of a push?
In post 4122, Lukewarm wrote: "yeah, that's a silly goofy thing that Luke does"

If this is about my post, I feel bad that you read it that way. I've seen you go on high alert for posts that could be perspective slips across a few games. Probably because I sort of squelch my own tendency to jump that direction. Mostly thanks to hydraing with Nacho back in the day.
In post 4150, Bingle wrote: The only part of spiffs flower case that doesn’t resonate is the crumb but, which makes me really like that for an option. I still think fb scumreading me was a comfortable place to be and not a real read. Would vote wolfbae, would sheep crab on anything outside of a townread.

If you haven't elaborated on your wolfbae read already (I'm back on page 167 atm), would you?

--------------------
I'm a little miffed that some people are
now
considering sunflower-scum.

--------------------

In post 4203, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 4184, morph the cat wrote:
In post 4148, wolfbae wrote:
In post 4144, Spiffeh wrote: Also potentially hot-take: morph's mech-guilty on Shello is real and their claim is a mod-provided fake.
Lol - I don't think Ceph provides fakeclaims but as I just said conditional vig is very plausible cover when mafia are confirmed to have extra KP via a bookie. Serendipitous timing.
Ceph absolutely provides fake claims.
did you get one this game

:roll:

most recent example of a sentiment I personally have seen Ceph express in dead threads and elsewhere several times: viewtopic.php?p=12902723#p12902723
In post 4229, Shello and Goodbye wrote: also while it’s not 1:1 to what’s happened previously this game wrt wolfbae’s read on me/skitter because they were wolf reading my post at least it feels strange that people keep distinguishing how my posts are fine and skitters are not to them (morph and firebringer off the top of my head did it) and i don’t know how to approach rhat beyond it not feeling like a great approach

- ydra

it wasn't a great feeling to have, either. :/ we ultimately chose to burn our shot on you two because of the scum-threat/town-asset numbers being so high.

---------------------

still catching up, but don't want this quotestripe horror to be ungodly long.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4304 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 8:00 am

Post by Spiffeh »

ffery I am interested in your reaction to Sunflower's response to my case on them when you get to it.
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #4305 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 8:01 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 4300, Firebagel wrote:
In post 4297, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 4291, Firebagel wrote:
In post 4273, Dannflor wrote: #2 is just to give up because you dont have the WIM and if you're gonna get caught anyway you don't want to accidentally reveal too much info for town to use
- there is 1 player in the hood who is playing this way
And it's Save the Dragons. He just did that right here with me. :P
i think you misunderstood what dann was trying to say if you think that
No I don't think so.

You said: "i don't think that just because scum didn't step in and save Brian that they don't have influence and I think getting yourself into a false sense of security like that is dangerous"

I asked who is supposedly having a false sense of security and you decided you didn't want to talk to me anymore. I have little doubt that scum are still hoping I can be a miselimination, and you flipping scum after getting into a protracted dispute with me trying to push you would damage the possibility of that happening. So you don't want to do it. That's what I mean by saying you don't want to reveal too much info for town to use.
lol okay whatever

you misunderstood it's okay tho
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #4306 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 8:02 am

otherwise dann would have said there are 2 people in the hood acting that way
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #4307 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 8:02 am

because experience fits the bill better

but you are obsessed with me because i sr you
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4308 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 8:10 am

Post by Spiffeh »

STD I finally understand your title and love it

Just thought you deserved to know

Yes I'm an idiot
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #4309 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

ty
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #4310 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 8:13 am

firebagel i was interacting you to show off to the thread how scummy your suspicion of me was. we got into a "no u" kind of argument so i wanted to stop

i don't really care if you scum read me or not, my intention is not to convince you i'm not scummy (or at most that's secondary)
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4311 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 8:20 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 4159, SirCakez wrote: Luke do you still think Wolfbae is scummy post-gimmick drop?
I think that the reason I was so confident is no longer valid, and that I had picked up on the fakeness of the gimmick, which is independent of their alignment.

I had made that determination yesterday, which is why I did not call for votes again when i came back to the thread after it was dropped, and moved on to other things I felt like i should respond to.

That being said, I am still overall leaning scum on them, but it's not a super confident slam dunk "this is never town" take. More generally scum reading their approach in a lot of posts (their reaction to my initial suspicion, comments on klick, one post about Dunn, and their current stance on me)

I need a computer to really explain, so that won't come until late tonight or possibly tomorrow.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4312 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 8:21 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Also the one about legwork
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4313 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 8:24 am

Post by Sunflower »

In post 4285, Spiffeh wrote: A couple things:
1. Who do you think is the scum in your hood? From what I can tell, your PoE is currently sitting at STD and Experience. Alternatively, you can explain why you are townreading marci and wolfbae. Or you can do both if you want extra credit!
2. Is there a reason you're defaulting to assuming I'm Town here if you think my arguments are just that bad? You saw my Town game in Kemusan too and I don't really recall getting as much criticism from you there. Please elaborate on how you got to your town read of me here.
as for the meat of your post, the main thing i'll say is that my response wasn't self-meta. it's not super relevant how i personally play scum, the point was how scum would play in general. your points didn't feel like they actually took into consideration how a scum player would go about accomplishing scum goals and playing to scum wincon. i think this is just a fundamental disagreement on how we view the game probably so it's maybe not worth arguing about

1. currently thinking wolfbae is right and it probably is just experience. im not suuper confident on std since i think he can be hard for me to read, and it's hard to feel sure on experience when ive seen him be pretty frozen as town. but i lean that way

marci i still struggle to understand her mindset in some places but i think the volume of posting and consistently wanting to keep trying and sharing her thoughts and being unafraid to do so (and being as she says a leaky faucet) are all pretty strongly towny things

wolfbae the way he approached the hood last night was extremely towny. i think the goals that he would have as scum replacing into that slot are very specific and fairly easy to accomplish and most of his posts are not really targeted towards accomplishing them. it feels like he's trying to solve the game, and i agree with most of the takes that he's had

i think that he easily could have either tried to bury me and i said as much when he joined, expecting that if he was scum he would react to that by pivoting towards pocketing me instead and taking the morph reads and running with them, if they're town. which he kinda did at first, but then re-evaled and backed off a bit. i considered how he would play if he was scum with morph and it's possible, that's probably the one world in which case we're gonna lose lol

setting aside that paranoia i still think he has just approached things way more with a town solving mindset

2. i did scumread you for having bad process in kemusan as well. i mentioned that it was probably a playstyle thing when i first started losing my scumread on you here. i got to strongly town when reading overnight after the brian flip and seeing the way that you started the push there. at the time i was also strongly reading things as feeling like morph was reacting to your push there by refusing to link up with you and push you away and deny you thread control, which made me read you stronger as town and morph as scum. i kinda wavered again in the morph half of that but i still feel like your approach to brian is very unlikely to come from scum. i also don't really think bad arguments are scum-indicative

:blossom:
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4314 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 8:25 am

Post by wolfbae »

I don't believe for a second you actually read my posts Luke
super secret alt
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4315 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 8:25 am

Post by Sunflower »

In post 4308, Spiffeh wrote: STD I finally understand your title and love it

Yes I'm an idiot
oh lol never got that

wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4316 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 8:26 am

Post by wolfbae »

In post 4315, Sunflower wrote:
In post 4308, Spiffeh wrote: STD I finally understand your title and love it

Yes I'm an idiot
oh lol never got that

you're too young to understand come back in a few years when they give you that class in school
super secret alt
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4317 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 8:27 am

Post by Sunflower »

help im being bullied

morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #4318 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 8:28 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 4253, Dannflor wrote: klick i think made that one post that town spewed the slot

Remind me what this post was?

I'm not going to quote , but it does read as just about the most town thing Sunflower has posted in ~170 pages.

In post 4274, wolfbae wrote:
In post 4260, Dannflor wrote: I think luke's posting towards wolfbae is pretty hard to make as scum
probably

i'm just tilted because he was very blatantly not trying to solve my alignment. He was clearly reading and responding to ideas I had posted, but still decided to whine about his scumcase getting ignored. I had broken character a while ago and made some pretty substantial posts, which like I said he was clearly reading, but he also seemingly took no consideration whatsoever as the what it actually meant for my alignment. It was like he was processing the words and responding to them but not thinking about the person who was saying them or what it maent for his read. I would've respected it more if he'd chosen to double down but he just seemingly wasn't thinking about it at all.

So like if he's town it's really bad play but I don't rule that out as a possibility.

I kept it to myself reading through that exchange, but I feel like your reaction was over the top, especially given Luke said he was v/la. It left a bad taste in my mouth that I'm still working to get over and look at you more objectively.

Luke's a strong townread. He was at the Hermit Crab level for both of us on day 1. I've been a little sad that working together hasn't been an option so far this game. Though my work together circuits are a little fried.

Ok, I'm caught up. Spiffeh your answer is in this post. It's a short answer to two very long posts.

I figured there would be more I'd want to respond to in the last couple pages.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4319 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 8:31 am

Post by Spiffeh »

UNVOTE:
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4320 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 8:31 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 4318, morph the cat wrote: Remind me what this post was?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4321 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 8:33 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I think I need to be away from this game for a bit to refresh/reset
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #4322 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 8:36 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 4320, Dannflor wrote:
In post 4318, morph the cat wrote: Remind me what this post was?
Thanks.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Best Social Game

Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4323 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 9:19 am

Post by Gypyx »

ngl i was kinda hoping for this day to be simpler than the last one with the mech guilty stuff lol
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

i also have a Mini Normal !

bottom text
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4324 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2024 9:41 am

Post by wolfbae »

In post 4318, morph the cat wrote: I kept it to myself reading through that exchange, but I feel like your reaction was over the top, especially given Luke said he was v/la. It left a bad taste in my mouth that I'm still working to get over and look at you more objectively.
There's underlying personal feelings motivating that but you should probably be separating personal distaste for my approach from your alignment read on me because that won't yield results. I'll extend the same offer to you that I did to Hermit: just work with me like I'm town because I expect to have my alignment confirmed at one point or another and I think my perspective is valuable. I'm not as confident you're town but it's useful for me to talk with you as if you could be. I think I'm pretty findable if you do that.

I'm not pushing Luke or lockscumming him, my read is biased because of personal feelings, the biggest thing I have of note is that I think in a cakez-town world his approach to the end of Day 1 looks pretty scummy. I haven't dragged that into the thread atm because I don't feel like pushing it (it'd be annoying and I'm not that confident he's scum so making discussion revolve around that is pretty unhelpful) and I still have a good chunk of the thread I don't have much of a read on. (well actually thinking on it maybe the only slots I'm really unsure on are Gypyx, Oblivion, and PenguinPower. I decided Shello is town.)
super secret alt

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”