Shell Game (Day 8)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4950 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 5:50 am

Post by wolfbae »

In post 4947, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 4938, wolfbae wrote:
In post 4917, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 4850, experience wrote:
In post 4848, Spiffeh wrote: Also do you think it’s unreasonable for people to not be buying your explanation here?

Assuming you’re Town, do you feel anyone on your wagon is specifically capitalizing on your mistake to push your mis-elimination?

PEdit: @Experience
i mean, it's reasonable people doubt my explanation but not when they're misconstruing my posts and then proceeding to use that as the crux of their case. (like, sure, go ahead and say 'i don't trust experience' but it's annoying when it's like 'experience not knowing that the hood inventors were all the same = experience must be scum dumbtelling')
as for who i think are capitalising on my mistake, i'm not really sure. at this point, it seems like my wagon has either way-too-confbiased hero wannnabes or scum who know they can get away with voting me because they can hide behind the former.
the one thing tho is that really, i can't the difference so i'd be lying if i told you i could.
Whoa the writing style here sounds really different
This is what he's capable of when he actually puts his mind to things.

I maintain experience not understanding the claims in the neighborhood is a nulltell, and I regret making it a focal point of discussion. If folks want to eliminate him based on other reasons, that's fine, but, like, do it for good reasons and not NAI ones. I don't think it's impossible for his recent posting to come from him as town but shrug. I'm going to reread again.
I see, I actually had the thought that someone else wrote that post for him but nvm I guess
very towny of you please ignore the hood if they say I was tinfoiling you a few hours ago hahaha
super secret alt
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #4951 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 5:53 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 4950, wolfbae wrote:
In post 4947, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 4848, Spiffeh wrote: Also do you think it’s unreasonable for people to not be buying your explanation here?

Assuming you’re Town, do you feel anyone on your wagon is specifically capitalizing on your mistake to push your mis-elimination?

i mean, it's reasonable people doubt my explanation but not when they're misconstruing my posts and then proceeding to use that as the crux of their case. (like, sure, go ahead and say 'i don't trust experience' but it's annoying when it's like 'experience not knowing that the hood inventors were all the same = experience must be scum dumbtelling')
as for who i think are capitalising on my mistake, i'm not really sure. at this point, it seems like my wagon has either way-too-confbiased hero wannnabes or scum who know they can get away with voting me because they can hide behind the former.
the one thing tho is that really, i can't the difference so i'd be lying if i told you i could.

I maintain experience not understanding the claims in the neighborhood is a nulltell, and I regret making it a focal point of discussion. If folks want to eliminate him based on other reasons, that's fine, but, like, do it for good reasons and not NAI ones. I don't think it's impossible for his recent posting to come from him as town but shrug. I'm going to reread again.
I see, I actually had the thought that someone else wrote that post for him but nvm I guess
very towny of you please ignore the hood if they say I was tinfoiling you a few hours ago hahaha
She's an incredibly strong townread for both of us.
Firebagel
Firebagel
she
Goon
Firebagel
she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she

Post Post #4952 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 5:55 am

Post by Firebagel »

Is it really something he's capable of though? I agree with CSF, this feels off. Mostly the first paragraph, because I don't feel like he ever expresses emotion except for feeling sorry. Saying it's "annoying" is a type of emotion I don't think I've seen from him before. And calling people "way-too-confbiased hero wannabes" is just a flat out AtE discredit attempt. (Also, it's inconsistent with the previous line implying it's okay to just not trust him as long as it's not for thinking he's trying to dumbtell).
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #4953 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 5:57 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

As for the actual content of this post, "hero wannabe" is a strange description of some of his voters. I don't think voting experience is a "hero" vote by any metric, maybe lazy is anything
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #4954 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:06 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 4838, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 4793, morph the cat wrote: Attention Mouse:

YOU ARE ON BLAST BECAUSE YOU SUCK
I’m listening

This is a spayhalf reply. Neuterhalf posted that because this post didn't get a response:
In post 4381, morph the cat wrote: Synced. We'd like to start working more closely with the top 3, and especially top 2 tiers.

Luke are you still doing whatever you were doing on day 1 with us?

Also.

Spiffeh and Gypyx: you two should be able to speak with some authority on whether scum-Cabd would have moved heaven and earth to save Brian yesterday, including writing his posts for him if needed. If you won't, then I'm going to link Tenet and dare this player list to read the abomination.
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4955 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:08 am

Post by wolfbae »

I mean, mmm. AtE is AtE. It doesn't strictly have to be rational. But that can come from either alignment. Hate trying to read into that stuff.
super secret alt
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It

Post Post #4956 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:10 am

Post by Hermit Crab »

Could just lim.
We have mislims to burn after all.

-HM
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4957 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:12 am

Post by wolfbae »

yeah I'm fine with blood for the blood god but i'll let people have a chance to speak
super secret alt
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4958 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:15 am

Post by Lukewarm »

My experience experience is that he used to effort as both alignments, and the writing style of that post was more standard. I actually lost a game in elo to scum!experience (as the deciding voter)

I also had a game where I incorrectly scum read him for lack of analysis, and his response was that I was using "old meta" on him. (I do think that this game is even more egregious ftr)

I don't know where his wim has gone. I actually hate that I can see this coming from town him now that I know who he is. I still lean scum, but I will be shaking my head in disappointment, not shock, if he flip green
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4959 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:18 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Re blood for the blood gods:

Town: Marci
Lean Town: std
No longer feel like I had a read on, they have faded from my mind: sunflower
Lean scum: experience

wolfbae:wolfbae
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4960 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:27 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

i wanna be in the wolfbae tier
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4961 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:28 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 4942, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 4870, SirCakez wrote:
In post 4748, Save The Dragons wrote: sigh.

i dunno why i get angry playing mafia. i don't really get angry other times

i think i've always been annoyed when i've been accused of something i didn't do or getting in trouble when i didn't feel like i deserved it.

i guess it feels like slander to constantly have everything i've said be nitpicked and strawmaned until it fits this narrative that i'm scum

i don't think it's affecting anyone. i don't see anyone else voting me

so what are you doing to help the game? are you just going to keep waiting for me to say stuff so you can twist my words some more, or you are going to try to solve the game?
:lol:

memes are the way to my heart and to my trs
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #4962 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:29 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 4946, Save The Dragons wrote: firebringer is obviously town
Elaborate? Not seeing it
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4963 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:29 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 4959, Lukewarm wrote: No longer feel like I had a read on, they have faded from my mind: sunflower
(If it was not clear, this is a type of read that is by default lower then null)
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4964 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:29 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Re blood for the blood gods:

Town: Marci
No longer feel like I had a read on, they have faded from my mind: sunflower
Lean scum: experience

wolfbae:wolfbae, std
Firebagel
Firebagel
she
Goon
Firebagel
she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she

Post Post #4965 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:29 am

Post by Firebagel »

In post 4955, wolfbae wrote: I mean, mmm. AtE is AtE. It doesn't strictly have to be rational. But that can come from either alignment. Hate trying to read into that stuff.
That's my point though, I'm not used to AtE from him, other than feeling sorry. Being annoyed and dismissive is totally the opposite of that. If he's town I think he's likely to just apologize for the confusion, not be upset that people are scumreading him for missing something. It's giving me vibes that he really did miss it but is scum and thus annoyed that he's being scumread for it because it's truly something he missed, not something he's faking.

UNVOTE:

On another note, are we trying to coordinate the investigations onto a particular target like CSF or morph? We should address that.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #4966 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:30 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 4956, Hermit Crab wrote: Could just lim.

-HM
I'm never a fan of this gameplan, that's how you sink four mislims in a row and throw away any advantage we got from the Brian elim
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4967 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:36 am

Post by wolfbae »

In post 4965, Firebagel wrote:
In post 4955, wolfbae wrote: I mean, mmm. AtE is AtE. It doesn't strictly have to be rational. But that can come from either alignment. Hate trying to read into that stuff.
That's my point though, I'm not used to AtE from him, other than feeling sorry. Being annoyed and dismissive is totally the opposite of that. If he's town I think he's likely to just apologize for the confusion, not be upset that people are scumreading him for missing something. It's giving me vibes that he really did miss it but is scum and thus annoyed that he's being scumread for it because it's truly something he missed, not something he's faking.

UNVOTE:

On another note, are we trying to coordinate the investigations onto a particular target like CSF or morph? We should address that.
Yeah you could be right

I'm not sure coordinating the shots is going to be useful. The problem is that I have marci's invention and if experience flips red I'm going to send out another invention rather than doing the check so you can't really calibrate that anyway. Even with every check being on a common target you can't necessarily be sure that everyone involved is telling the truth about their results. But I dunno, ask Bingle what the plan should be
super secret alt
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4968 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:41 am

Post by Lukewarm »

If it wasn't for the fact that that at least 3 (4?)of the people who were given inventions can't use then inventions freely, I would be on team coordinate.

Having 1-2 cops to use makes it much harder to calibrate :(
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4969 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:43 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 4962, SirCakez wrote:
In post 4946, Save The Dragons wrote: firebringer is obviously town
Elaborate? Not seeing it
firebringer's whole thing is that he enjoys being scum
firebringer is not enjoying this game
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4970 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:47 am

Post by wolfbae »

I've been of the opinion that it's super unlikely we get useful data out of this mechanic (by design) and the primary role is just to communicate to town that it is a 1 in 5 grouping

Luke if we may have a moment of
detente
can I ask you what your reads are on people outside the dethy
super secret alt
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4971 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:50 am

Post by Shello and Goodbye »

i have very meh reads on everyone it, i dont' especially mind limming in it
probably prefer like sunflower > experience >wolfbae > std > marci
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4972 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:15 am

Post by Lukewarm »

(God trying to do this from my phone was painful)

Hermit and Bingle

Town:
Marci -
Spiffeh - was leaning town, strengthened by the brian flip
Shello - I was on the fence about them in day 1, but I liked their reaction to the guilty, and the more I think about their claimed role the more convinced I am that it is quite literally a perfectly designed town role for the set up (shout out to Ceph).

Tentative town:

Cat Scratch Fever
morph the cat (fferyllt & Cabd)
Save The Dragons

Even more tentitive town:
Oblivion - I felt pretty strongly about this read day 1, but they have been gone for so long, and I lack object permanence, so this read is flatlining
Dannflor - I distinctly remember thinking that Dann looked townie, but I quite literally cannot recall why.
Dunn - I leaned town on him for his read progression on me day 2, and especially liked that he actually went and looked at our prior game when I mentioned that he had been wrong before, but I having a lack of alignment thoughts on him today

Meh:
Firebringer
Firebagel
PenguinPower

Meh, Meh:
Sunflower

Would kill:
Gypyx
experience
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4973 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:16 am

Post by Hermit Crab »

In post 4966, SirCakez wrote:
In post 4956, Hermit Crab wrote: Could just lim.

-HM
I'm never a fan of this gameplan, that's how you sink four mislims in a row and throw away any advantage we got from the Brian elim
It’s a different story when we have guaranteed scum in the pool. It’s only a matter of how fast we get rid of one, and if “AtEs” and “dumbtells” get in the way, it is an option to just ignore all that and powerlim. It is a good counter to scum trying to exploit that.

-HM
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4974 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:17 am

Post by Hermit Crab »

And remember, 1:1 trade is a gain for town.

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”