Mini 847 Murder in Zachtown (Game over!)

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:27 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Haylen
, if you continue to respond to trash, and ignore me, my vote will go on you too. Not that i think you are particularly scummy, but because i have an inferiority complex that supercedes the scumhunter within me. :P

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

7th vote count of day 2:

DTMaster - 3 (Yellowbunny, DTMaster, Nikanor)
hitogoroshi - 2 (Vi, JasonT1981)
JasonT1981 - 2 (Battle Mage, hitogoroshi)
Haylen - 1 (Sotty7)

Not voting (Haylen, Maemuki, KittyMo)

With 11 alive it's 6 to lynch.

If I made any mistakes, let me know asap.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Unvote
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Catching up and whatnot.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by Vi »

Sotty7 823 wrote:Mae, top three scum list please. Same question t
YO DAWG, I'M HAPPY FOR YOU, I'LL YET YOU FINISH, BUT VP BALTAR IS THE BEST SCUM OF ALL TIME -
OF ALL TIME!

Actually, I listed them in my question to Battle Mage - roughly in order. To that end I'm disappointed that Battle Mage has been ignoring me. Should we compare inferiority compleces?

I would like for Haylen to provide an answer to my question from 771, as I would hope it would take less thought power to answer versus a discussion on whether and how she enjois rope.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:55 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Mod: Just making a V/LA note since I'm swamped in homeworks. Will be back Friday/Saturday to post.

Sorry town. Analysis and responses will come later
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:05 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

DTMaster wrote:
Mod: Just making a V/LA note since I'm swamped in homeworks. Will be back Friday/Saturday to post.

Sorry town. Analysis and responses will come later
Damn you school kids. :P

Noted at any rate.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:45 pm

Post by Haylen »

Vi wrote:@ Haylen: When - if ever - did this game become serious?
About page 8.
BM wrote: What about Jason would make you think he is scum?
What about Jason would make you think he is town?

You dont need to look anything up. If you know your opinion on him has wavered, you must also know off the top of your head, WHY it has wavered.

Also, would you lynch Hito on gut instinct, despite having no real evidence of scumminess?
1. Instinct. It wobbles all over the place.
2. See above question.
3. I made the final vote in 3 player lylo based completely on instinct, having tunnelled another player all game and previously seen this player a very town. I lynched her, she was scum. I was very pleased. So yes, I would vote somebody entirely based on instinct.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:23 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Dear Haylen,

I understand how much it sucks when you are sick. I had the flu for like the last week it was awful trying to keep up with my five games yet I managed to drag myself out of bed and post
something
every day. For all I know you are sicker than I was but though out this whole game you have had one excuse or another as why you are not posting or not posting enough, it's getting out of hand. I am starting to believe it is nothing more than a distraction to actually sitting down and playing the game. I have seen very little scum hunting from you without your hand being held and it is because of this I am voting you. You are coasting in this game and I refuse to allow it any more. Especially since you are around and posting in other places. It makes me believe you have a reason to ignore this game.

Get well soon and if you are town please scum hunt some more.

Luv Sotty.

Vi Post 829 wrote:
Sotty7 823 wrote:Mae, top three scum list please. Same question t
YO DAWG, I'M HAPPY FOR YOU, I'LL YET YOU FINISH, BUT VP BALTAR IS THE BEST SCUM OF ALL TIME -
OF ALL TIME!

Actually, I listed them in my question to Battle Mage - roughly in order. To that end I'm disappointed that Battle Mage has been ignoring me. Should we compare inferiority compleces?
This game needs moar VP

Ah okay. I had little idea who you suspected after Hito, but your top three isn't too bad. What do you think of Haylen?

Haylen, I see you are suspicious of Jason. Top three scum suspects?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:48 am

Post by Nikanor »

jason wrote:4) Nikanor is your entire basis of thinking I am scum based upon my grammar not being great? Or is there more? Why does your gut activate on people with bad grammar to make you think they are scum for this?
It's not that. My basis of thinking you are scum is pretty much based on gut, yes. My gut activates on people with bad grammar. There is a definite correlation here, but whether that correlation implies causality is another story. At the moment, I'm leaning toward an r of about 0.7. :D

I want to hear more from DTM, but I suppose we'll have to wait until Friday for that.
@DTM: What do you think of Jason and hito's crossvoting?
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
yellowbunny
yellowbunny
Goon
yellowbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:07 pm

Post by yellowbunny »

mod: swamped in midterm grading, so V/LA through the weekend

Noted.
"Someone is playing with my mind, with my little gray cells. " - Hercule Poirot
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:27 pm

Post by Vi »

Haylen 832 wrote:
Vi wrote:@ Haylen: When - if ever - did this game become serious?
About page 8.
Fair enough. Now when did your posting become serious?
The accusation that you haven't done anything all game is pretty well-founded.
Sotty 833 wrote:What do you think of Haylen?
Unlike the four or five people I had to ask who was scum because they had basically stopped scumhunting, I didn't even have a clue where to begin with Haylen because she never started. She's basically active lurking. (Or in other words, what you said.)
More on this in a few.
y-bunny 835 wrote:mod: swamped in midterm grading, so V/LA through the weekend
That'll be me tomorrow :(
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:20 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Blagh, Zach and some others know about this already, but my ISP fucked up and I maybe cut off on Monday. so if I am not about I am V/LA due to bloody Pipex Homecall messing up my bill and trying to take too much damn money from my account.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:04 am

Post by Maemuki »

@ Sotty,
Jason. Changed his mind completely....on the long span of one freaking post.
That's not how stuff works...
, is it?

Oh, and OMGUS. Hito voted for Jason, he voted for hito. For god's sakes, there's no way in hell everyone that suspects you will be scum.

Oh, oh, and following the (people that I think that are) town, on everything,
everything
they say? Isn't making you pro-town at all.

Haylen, not for lurking, but for parroting. Your gut activated by something, right? What was it?

The third....good question. I'll tell you when I find out. >.<

@ DTM, I like the fact that you started throwing the most ridiculous suspicions on me since YB said that you were "defending" me. I mean, making jokes is scummy? Didn't know that. Seems like you are making a crap case against me...and I don't like it!

@ Nikanor,

Maemuki would like for you to say who you suspect. Why? Because I didn't see them. >.<

@ Haylen,
1. Instinct. It wobbles all over the place.
2. See above question.
And why did your instinct activate? Just in case you missed the above.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:19 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Mafiascum will be going offline at some point in the near future due to a much discussed move.

I will be extending the deadline for this game my the amount of time necessary to account for the downtime we will experience. (However long that ends up being.)
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by DTMaster »

@Sotty

With my 794: Sorry I can't find the time to do that reread. :< Life piles up, etc etc. Back to back lab reports. I'm going to have to base my comments around what I can remember and the current posts.

I would call Jason scummy mainly because: he didn't unvote last day on Neto when I attacked him on this. I pointed out that all PR claims should be tested on day 2 onwards, he acknowledges this but doesn't move his vote. Maintaining on the doc wagon puts him as scummy to me.

@Jason
797:
1. Haylen and I had the lurking debate before the recent comments. I dislike your statement of her since to me this reads as: opportunistic. You even say that she is sick in this post and then give her the BOD next page.

2. Can you elaborate more on Hito's vote? You are treading on OMGUS territory here and I would like you to explain your full thoughts on Hit.

Sorry a few pages behind here. Posting right now since I need to finish some more HWs.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by Vi »

DTMaster 840 wrote:You even say that
[Haylen]
is sick in this post and then give her the BOD next page.
Why is it that everything I read that has to do with Haylen comes across in a Freudian context? :(
DTMaster 840 wrote:I would call Jason scummy mainly because: he didn't unvote last day on Neto when I attacked him on this. I pointed out that all PR claims should be tested on day 2 onwards, he acknowledges this but doesn't move his vote. Maintaining on the doc wagon puts him as scummy to me.
jason #56 wrote:
DTMaster wrote:@Jason
UnCCed doctor. These reasons should be represented on Day 2, not today to lynch the unCCed doctor.
You make a good point, but I believe it could also be a scum ploy to out the real doctor.
DTMaster 642 wrote:@Jason
1 doc trade for 1 scum on day 1 or 2 seems excessive. :<
I don't understand this response in 642. Could you help me out here?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:16 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

DTMaster wrote:
@Jason
797:
1. Haylen and I had the lurking debate before the recent comments. I dislike your statement of her since to me this reads as: opportunistic. You even say that she is sick in this post and then give her the BOD next page.
The reason I am willing to give Haylen the benefit of the doubt is because I myself have been plagued by health problems that have affected my Mafia games as of late. One recently ended game that I will reference as it is now over...

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12385

I was also in a similar position to Haylen here, unable to post due to health reasons, You will see even at the beginning of this very game I was unable to post much... (I think 2 posts in first 10 pages) So that is the reason I will give her the benefit of the doubt on not partaking as actively as I know what it is like to be suffering health problems that can affect how we play. Even Sotty was not posting much for a while due to health reasons.

Health is one of the very few reasons I will give anyone the benefit of the doubt on when it comes to not posting in Mafia.

Hope that clears things up

DTMaster wrote:
2. Can you elaborate more on Hito's vote? You are treading on OMGUS territory here and I would like you to explain your full thoughts on Hit.
Really? I thought I fully explained things... guess you missed it but I will be glad to re-show you everything I posted regarding my Hito vote, and the lead up to it.
jasonT1981 wrote:
9)again a point and question directed at hitogoroshi, re post 773 where he voted for me.
hitogoroshi wrote:Sorry for not posting. Because I had posted one page back I thought I was safe, I hadn't realized that that was all the way back on Wednesday. xD
jasonT1981 wrote:
So BM I am asking... infact no I am now DEMANDING you make a case against me and show how I am indeed 'confirmed scum and will be lynched today'

I demand your case NOW.. no more pussy footing, no more side stepping as you have done, I have asked many times, as have others. I DEMAND your case on me if I am confirmed scum.
Jason, his "case" is that you're more concerned with self-preservation than scumhunting and even when he's not starting a bandwagon you're simply yelling at the person attacking you rather than doing anything else. And that's been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

vote: JasonT1981

Do you not feel me going after BM is scum hunting? Yes, while I admit I am trying to preserve myself in the game (anyone who has been declaired lynch of today would be in this situation) why do you feel the need to answer for BM, seems like coaching to me no?

And do you really believe that me defending myself (as you say, self preservation) is reason to vote me? Your vote seems very opertunistic to me

HOS: Hito
jasonT1981 wrote:@ DTMaster re: post 778 request for List of suspected scum

BM – Obivious reasons outlined many times

Hito – his vote on me is very opportunistic, as well as him answering for BM, when I asked for BM's case. seems weird to me
jasonT1981 wrote:

@ hitogoroshi re post 789. what is the difference between lurking and not posting? You where following the thread but didnt feel there was enough to contribute? There is plenty that has been discussed, you are going up further in my scum list right now.

You also say scum like to justify there votes with reasons? Hmmm, I think voting without reasoning is more scummier. But thats just me. But then again, you then try to justify your vote as putting me at L-4 aas not putting me in lynch range, so you then are making yourself guilty of being scum are you not? At least according to your own theories?

Vi is right in post 790... complete drivel Hitos 791 seems he is trying to justify his voting again, something he says is what scum does in his last post? No?
jasonT1981 wrote:

Right now Hito has leapt up my scum-list and is sticking out like a sore thumb to me. BM, I am still thinking could be very likely scum, but it is his general cockiness of people should do as I say, and declaring people as today's lynch has me thinking that. Hito has been darn right scummy as of late.

unvote: BM
Vote: Hito

Apart from the vote being opportunistic, the fact he says only scum give reasons to justify their votes and then goes on to give reasons to justify his vote in his next post in a rambling as illustrated above. He is living right up to his own self described scum-tell
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:23 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Haylen wrote: 3. I made the final vote in 3 player lylo based completely on instinct, having tunnelled another player all game and previously seen this player a very town. I lynched her, she was scum. I was very pleased. So yes, I would vote somebody entirely based on instinct.
This post kind of bugs me. Just because something works once doesn't mean that it's been vindicated as a concept. This seems to suggest that'd you be comfortable posting once a day to vote, and that's it, because you have no real reasons to present and thus no rebuttals to your non-existent case to defend. More worryingly, this seems to be exactly what you're trying to get away with!

And Jason,
Apart from the vote being opportunistic, the fact he says only scum give reasons to justify their votes and then goes on to give reasons to justify his vote in his next post in a rambling as illustrated above. He is living right up to his own self described scum-tell.
Did you not notice my post directly under that post, 798? Do you have nothing different to say regarding your vote on me after reading that post?
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:30 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

hitogoroshi wrote:
Did you not notice my post directly under that post, 798? Do you have nothing different to say regarding your vote on me after reading that post?
He asked for reasons FOR my vote.... 798 came AFTER my vote.

As for 798 itself I may have something in a bit, Im currently re-reading day 2 so far and suffering a major fucking hangover after 2 days of vodka and coke, and shots with 65% alcohol content.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:29 am

Post by Sotty7 »

DTMaster Post 840 wrote:I would call Jason scummy mainly because: he didn't unvote last day on Neto when I attacked him on this. I pointed out that all PR claims should be tested on day 2 onwards, he acknowledges this but doesn't move his vote. Maintaining on the doc wagon puts him as scummy to me.
Okay, I can agree with this actually. I can sympathize with the re-read fail. I still haven't found the time to re-meta Jason as of yet.

Jason: Do you think Hito is scum with BM?
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:38 am

Post by Haylen »

Hito wrote: This post kind of bugs me. Just because something works once doesn't mean that it's been vindicated as a concept. This seems to suggest that'd you be comfortable posting once a day to vote, and that's it, because you have no real reasons to present and thus no rebuttals to your non-existent case to defend.
*shrugs* Why can't I use it as a concept? I always follow my instinct...you should learn that everybody plays on the site differently, we all have different playstyles ect. As long as it is consistant, I don't see primarily using ones instinct as a scumtell.
Vi wrote: Why is it that everything I read that has to do with Haylen comes across in a Freudian context? Sad
Maybe me studying psychology has something to do with it .__. Or, maybe you're just thinking about me in a dirty way :p
Mae wrote: Haylen, not for lurking, but for parroting. Your gut activated by something, right? What was it?
I'm not sure...his colours are different :? I know you probably wont have any idea what im talking about here, but I swear they're different.

Vote Nikanor

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:39 am

Post by Haylen »

PS. I dont have penis envy.
I also dont want anal.

This warranted a need for me to publicly announce.

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:53 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Sotty7 wrote:
Jason: Do you think Hito is scum with BM?
I believe they are our best chance at hitting scum right now yes.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:54 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Haylen wrote:PS. I dont have penis envy.
I also dont want anal.

This warranted a need for me to publicly announce.
I can only LOL at this reply :D

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”