drowmage
drowmage
Townie
drowmage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:58 am

Post by drowmage »

fine. neither of us can read. you're still scum.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:06 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Nuwen wrote:
Tony and Kirby aren't scum together. Unprovoked two directional bussing on day one is outrageous, especially in a damage-based game. Anyone suggesting that the two are partners is either scum or needs to have his/her head examined. There's no incentive to pull a bus right out of the driveway.

Kast and Kirby aren't scum together (same reason as above).
TonyMontana and Kast
probably
aren't scum together. (" ")

Of Tony and Kirby, I think Tony is more likely to be scum, although his self-lynch thing is throwing me off.

His possible partners are those veering the wagon away from Tony and onto Kirby instead,
drowmage wrote:I'm down for a kirby lynch. The case on tony is being pushed by scum.
I don't like this post at all. Don't assume scum play as you usually would play. Maybe you think it's outrageous, but maybe it's the tactic they chose. You taking it as truth revealed by god strike me as odd. As if you had information about their tactics. And, paired this with what I posted about you in a previous post, you're looking quite scummy. However, I had an early town-read on you, so by now my vote stays.
Snow Bunny is independently scummy for trying to wheedle away from damage postponement and for being the first to play the confirmation bias game in this post, but also for calling Tony and Kirby partners. She opts for the Kirby wagon over Tony's.
If you want me to call me scummy for my stance on rule-bending, go ahead, I can't argue. Even if I have to die for it, my stance won't change. I.do.not.like.rule.bending.
Snow_Bunny wrote: I can see a Kirby-Tony-???? scum team with Kirby trying to early bus Tony.
Vote: Kirby
I'm cool with nixing any of them. Mass feedback would be loved.
I'm actually seeing now a possible Kirby-Tony-Nuwen with some bad tactics out there. :P
But no, really, there's something odd. I'm seeing Nuwen as scum, but not on the same level as Kirby-Tony. Maybe a SK?
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
drowmage
drowmage
Townie
drowmage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:45 am

Post by drowmage »

Snow_Bunny: if I call you scum are you going to lump me into that group too?
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:53 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

drow wrote:fine. neither of us can read. you're still scum.
drow, correct me if I'm wrong, and I probably am, but isn't your whole case on me that I'm attacking Nuwen for no reason? And after realizing I haven't attacked him/her this whole game, you still think I'm scum? Why?
drow wrote:Snow_Bunny: if I call you scum are you going to lump me into that group too?
I agree that Snow is independently scummy, but not in this way. I don't think OMGUS is her tactic here.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:57 am

Post by hohum »

Kirbyoshi wrote:
drow wrote:fine. neither of us can read. you're still scum.
drow, correct me if I'm wrong, and I probably am, but isn't your whole case on me that I'm attacking Nuwen for no reason? And after realizing I haven't attacked him/her this whole game, you still think I'm scum? Why?
Again with the not paying attention. Go back and reread the thread. That was just one of many reasons I have to vote you. Also Re: Nuwen, you still haven't addressed my original complaint.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:59 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Which was...?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

drowmage
drowmage
Townie
drowmage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:06 am

Post by drowmage »

post 300 and then 306. Specifically that you made the comment, called it a scum tell (which it is not, it's actually a town tell) and then proceeded to rant for 2 pages how you have a town read on Nuwen.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:33 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

drowmage wrote:Snow_Bunny: if I call you scum are you going to lump me into that group too?
I don't think Nuwen is scum for calling me scum. I gave the reasons why I think he is.
Snow_Bunny wrote:
Nuwen wrote: 1. How good of a scumhunter are you? No, really. Attach a percent to your abilities - is it any higher than random?
2. What kinds of damage patterns are scum likely to take? How would they differ from vig-style town patterns?
"So, guys, who should I NK at nights, and how should I act during day to blend in?"

MFOS: Nuwen.

Why do you need that info? Seems like a real fishing/budding here.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:40 am

Post by populartajo »

Announcing semi V/LA. I got drunk in the weekend and Im going to be busy for job motives until Wednesday. Sorry about this. Will probably post on Thursday or if I have some free time during meetings.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:41 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Another example of how drow/hohum can't read. I've said time and time again that the points you bring up, and in the posts by me that you seem to have a problem with, I was talking about Snow. In fact, I think it was you who said Snow is "independently" scummy, i.e., scummy even if her buddies aren't anyone who's been under pressure yet. Doesn't that make your argument against me void?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:52 am

Post by Kast »

@TM-
(1) Funny how you don't use quotes after getting upset that I posted without quotes. I suppose that's because the post record shows you are a liar.
Playing the "I-don't-speak-English" card isn't a valid excuse for lying.
TM wrote:I never said you shouldn't vote
This game does not have a voting system. I suggested that we vote anyway and asked what everyone thinks. You said no.
Kast wrote:-Should we vote for a lynch candidate?
TonyMontana wrote:I don't think voting for a lynch candidate will a feasibly strategy.
After C.C posted the opposite opinion, you responded by changing your position.

-Your rules misunderstanding is an irrelevant distraction point. Even if damage resets, voting is still beneficial. Also, we would still prohibit rogue behavior. Allowing townies to free-for-all attack allows scum to indistinguishably do the same.

(2) Again, post record shows you are lying. Your initial post said attacks should be in thread, NOT that there is a point in hiding them.
TM wrote:I can say that I agree that
attacks should be posted in thread
TM wrote:I said that there
was point in trying to hide attacks
If this was a typo or misunderstanding, you had time to correct it. You were specifically asked about your position and chose not to correct it.
You changed position AFTER everyone agreed on no punishment.

@drowmage/KY-
Two pages of back-and-forth and you still haven't cleared up the misunderstanding?
At least my posts have content...

--DM--
KY is suspicious of TM
(everyone should be)
. KY "dinged" SB with reasons. KY has no reason to suspect Nuwen. Consequently, he doesn't.
KY didn't claim that SB (or Nuwen) changing assumptions is a scumtell. From context, he tried to convince SB that:
IF SB was wrong once,
THEN SB could be wrong again
THUS SB should change assumptions again.

CONSIDERATION: You appear to suffer from confirmation bias against play styles that use long posts.
SUGGESTION: IF you have problems reading or understanding, THEN ask questions and make an effort to understand INSTEAD OF assuming the player is scum and fitting evidence to your preconception.
Apologies, the suggestion is not meant to offend and could probably contain more tact. However, your general posting, especially posts 193 and 325 indicate a strong confirmation bias. You seem capable of better play than this, so I hope you will consider it.

--KY--
DM doesn't read carefully. Replace all instances of "Nuwen" with "Snow_Bunny". DM also thinks you are saying SB is scummy BECAUSE she changed her assumption.
To be clear, do you believe that changing an assumption is a scumtell?
drowmage wrote:The reason I said anything at all was because of your out-of-place comment about
Nuwen's
Snow_bunny's
adjustment of her assumptions.
Also, remember when I posted about avoiding pronouns? That could have prevented this distraction.

@Stark-
Enforcement Squad (ES) is a great idea. Its members should be the players who voted for the Majority Candidate (MC). If a member goes rogue, he should be treated the same as any other rogue. If a member goes pacifist, he should be treated the same as any other pacifist.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:08 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Nuwen wrote: Tony and Kirby aren't scum together. Unprovoked two directional bussing on day one is outrageous, especially in a damage-based game. Anyone suggesting that the two are partners is either scum or needs to have his/her head examined. There's no incentive to pull a bus right out of the driveway.
I'd agree with that; it's fairly unlikely they're both scum together. On the other hand, each one looks scummy independently, and I'd say that the odds of either one being scum are significantly higher then average. Following my normal method of "pulling numbers out of my ass", I'd say there's something like a 40% chance Tony is scum and a 40% chance Kirby is scum, or something like that; considering a random lynch is about 25% likely to hit scum, I'd be fine lynching either one today.
Kast and Kirby aren't scum together (same reason as above).
TonyMontana and Kast
probably
aren't scum together. (" ")
I don't really think Kast is scum at this point. His thought process, so far, seems streightfoward and honest to me, and his reactions to game events seems townish. Of course, good scum can sometimes fake all that, but I'd bet on Kast being town at the moment.

[qote]
Of Tony and Kirby, I think Tony is more likely to be scum, although his self-lynch thing is throwing me off.[/quote]

Interesting. Why? I'd say they're about equal.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:28 am

Post by chamber »

Kast wrote:
This game does not have a voting system. I suggested that we vote anyway and asked what everyone thinks. You said no.
TonyMontana wrote:I don't think voting for a lynch candidate will a feasibly strategy.
Kast, I was trying to not intervene but Tony specifically says that voting for a lynch candidate will be unfeasible. This doesn't say one shouldn't vote, it talks about the function of voting. Tony feels players should vote for emphasis as opposed to for a lynch candidate. I don't understand how this misunderstanding has managed to stretch across so many posts.
Taking a break from the site.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:07 am

Post by Kast »

@Chamber-
Vote for emphasis = vote for a lynch candidate.
A vote for emphasis is placed on your lynch candidate to emphasize your suspicion.

The question is not "do you think voting will result in a lynch?", it was "should we vote?"

It was not a mechanics question. There was significant discussion providing a background for the questions. I only quoted the question for brevity, but if you insist I can post the full context.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:11 am

Post by chamber »

Kast wrote:@Chamber-
A vote for emphasis is placed on your lynch candidate to emphasize your suspicion.

The question is not "do you think voting will result in a lynch?", it was "should we vote?"

It was not a mechanics question. There was significant discussion providing a background for the questions. I only quoted the question for brevity, but if you insist I can post the full context.
Please don't. I'll go reread the context myself. I have been thinking this since it was first said I was just trying to not answer questions directed at others. Given that I doubt a reread will change my mind and suggest you also reread.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

I agree with chamber here, actually. Tony said that a voting for a lynch "would not be feasible", which basically means it's not practical. In his very next post, he said that people should vote, in order to emphasize their suspicions. He made that quite clear, and he never said that people shouldn't vote, at all.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:00 pm

Post by populartajo »

Why exactly isnt KirbyYoshi lycnhed yet?
Call me Tajo.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

Kast wrote:@TM-
(1) Funny how you don't use quotes after getting upset that I posted without quotes. I suppose that's because the post record shows you are a liar.
Playing the "I-don't-speak-English" card isn't a valid excuse for lying.
I see nothing funny, nor relevant here. I don't remember getting "upset" that you posted without quotes. I might have commented on you misrepresenting me without quoting me, which I don't think you can accuse me of doing to you.
Playing the "playing-card" card isn't a valid form of argument, especially since I havent tried to excuse any lies.

Still wish people would stop quoting my use of the word "feasible", in light of having looked it up. -.-
Kast wrote:
After C.C posted the opposite opinion, you responded by changing your position.
You're reaching. I never even read CC's post before I clarified my position. Which was that voting is a good way to show suspicions.
I've explained the difference numerous times now, so I don't know how else to say it. At least some other people understand why there's no contradiction here.
Kast wrote:-Your rules misunderstanding is an irrelevant distraction point. Even if damage resets, voting is still beneficial. Also, we would still prohibit rogue behavior. Allowing townies to free-for-all attack allows scum to indistinguishably do the same.
If damage reset, someone attacking on their own would be akin to someone voting for someone, while the rest lynched someone else. In this scenario, how would it matter if scum could go rouge?
Kast wrote:(2) Again, post record shows you are lying. Your initial post said attacks should be in thread, NOT that there is a point in hiding them.
TM wrote:I can say that I agree that
attacks should be posted in thread
TM wrote:I said that there
was point in trying to hide attacks
If this was a typo or misunderstanding, you had time to correct it. You were specifically asked about your position and chose not to correct it.
You changed position AFTER everyone agreed on no punishment.
I don't understand. Is the issue that i clearly left out the word "no" in the latter quote? (was
no
point)
Kast wrote:Vote for emphasis = vote for a lynch candidate.

First of all, no one is proposing that's what the question was. Secondly, I took the question as "should we agree on a lynch candidate?"
Do you honestly think I understood your intended meaning of the question?
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by chamber »

Yosarian2 wrote:

I agree with chamber here, actually. Tony said that a voting for a lynch "would not be feasible", which basically means it's not practical. In his very next post, he said that people should vote, in order to emphasize their suspicions. He made that quite clear, and he never said that people shouldn't vote, at all.
You say that like its strange to agree with me.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by populartajo »

Recapitulations of the things I missed:

-Yosarian is still town. Bunny is also high in my aggressive but wrong towndar. Also Nuwen asks where I am. That means she is town.

-Kast-TM battle : I keep thinking Kast is dense town and Tony is neutral annoyed at Kast pressure. Not much information of it other than Tony did contradict himself in some posts but I dont find a scum motivation for doing what he did when its so early. Failing in the scumhunting department is somewhat damning, though but I think its a consequence of the Kast pressure.

-As much as Id like a drowmage lynch right now, I dont like the way hoh..., drowmage attacks him. Hohum, quote your exact case against kirby in your next post.

-Farside, Grover and Spyrex/stark are sick/lurking.

-Interesting to note that KirbyYoshi is voting TonyMontana but I still dont see a palpable case against him. Why is he so obvscum in your mind, KirbyYoshi?
Call me Tajo.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by Kast »

@TM-
-Your use of technicalities and semantics arguments is scummy. Yes, you did not use the word "upset". My point still stands.

-You can claim you didn't read CC's post, but you only posted after he made it a solid majority (7 players) in favor of voting & following a voting system.

-A rogue can lynch his target and overrule the majority. More rogues makes it more likely. Most days only have 2-3 main suspects. Rogues enable a group of 2-4 players to realistically lynch a Runner-up Candidate instead of the MC, especially if the 2 candidates have different AC. In a standard game, this imbalance in voting does not exist. Allowing a few players to overrule the majority gives scum a safe way to undetectably control the lynch.

-When asked if we should allow actions by PM, your answer was negative. You later reversed completely.

That you only explicitly said "attacks" is a technicality. The question was whether we should allow actions by PM. The current majority opinion was no. If you felt the way you later claimed, you should have said it then. Instead, you refused to clarify UNTIL a majority decided PMs were okay.

-Chamber proposed that.

You clearly understood. The claim that your answer excuses you from answering Q2-Q5 does not make sense otherwise. You are attempting to sow confusion by arguing against Q4 as an "explanation" of what you meant by Q1. They are different questions. Congratz though, you seem to have succeeded at causing confusion.

@Tajo-
It is possible that TM is an indecisive townie who changed his mind and just doesn't like explaining himself. However, given this game setup, I find it more likely that he is scum who keeps changing his story to agree with the majority.

In this game, scum benefit significantly from not drawing attention to themselves.

@Mod-

Are conditional orders okay?
Grover
Grover
Townie
Grover
Townie
Townie

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by Grover »

Now how exactly do you guys want to do this melee phase?

Does everyone agree with in-thread attacks, so we have no surprises?

Attacking the same person so we don't get our life down so low that we become easy targets is actually a horrible point, because scum can one-hit us or take half our life if we are lucky enough to roll a saving throw...so the scum will have to hammer us themselves, and this will be an action that everyone can witness even if they PM this action.

Whoever suggested we all attack the same player, that person is scummy. I think it was populartajo, but I will have to look back. Definitely very scummy.

Vote Populartajo
Grover
Grover
Townie
Grover
Townie
Townie

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by Grover »

I want to hurt either populartajo or Yosarian this turn.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by Kast »

@Grover-
Melee phase is not equivalent to night in this game.
Scum nightkill the same way they normally do. At night. Not publicly.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by chamber »

kast, can you please qoute all of Tonys contradictions,mind changes,whatever and very briefly explain them in context.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”