don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:05 am

Post by don_johnson »

so, to be clear, your defense is "facts can be manipulated"? do i have that right? have you ever heard the term "wifom"? personally i think voting trends are much more of a static type of evidence than you credit them. i am not oblivious to the dynamics of this game . you call my logic based on voting patterns bad. yet you refer to numbers in my sig to deduce my ability. you are a walking contradiction.

here have a button.

*hands sirchris a button with a picture of sirchris swinging from a tree*
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:45 am

Post by don_johnson »

also:

i have engaged cruelty. he has,of yet, failed to respond. asking me why i am "ignoring" him is scummy misrepresentation of my actions.

there are other players in this game, no?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:54 am

Post by don_johnson »

also: if anyone needs me to expand on why sirchris is full of craplogic i am more than happy to, but the contradictions seem crystal clear imo. whenever i can explain myself without wall posting i prefer to.

sorry for the triple post.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Heilograph
Heilograph
Goon
Heilograph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by Heilograph »

Sorry for not being on top of this game like i should be, some issues came up. i will try to get back this thread by friday.
Wondering if they will ever make a mafiascum app for iPhone...

I'm a turtle!!
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:09 pm

Post by Furry »

Is anyone against the SJ/DJ lynch at this point? Im a little surprised and concerned that there has been zero attempt to derail or move this wagon. The game is moving slow, but I think if this was a scum wagon, there would be something happening to of stopped it from getting to a lynch, as opposed to letting it drift to a deadline one like it is. That said I really dont like a SC/follist lynch. I had a neutralish read on that slot that has progressed to a slight town one.

The other option that I see is a DKU/whoever that is now lynch. May of said a bit too much, but this is a good question for all to answer

@all
- What is a better lynch? DJ or Alk (DKU rep). Give maybe one or two sentances on this. If they are both town, give me a good reason to vote whoever is scum.

Deadline is monday, I might have weak access this weekend too as a forwarning. I think I can get a few posts in so will do what I need to if it comes to it.

@SC - What about the wicked wagon do you want me explaining? I think ive explained my thought process well on it. It was a deadline lynch, and my thought process is laid out.
Temporary unretired alt
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:59 pm

Post by don_johnson »

just lost an entire post, but i really don't care. this town is lazy and apathetic and deserves to lose. sir chris is scum. he faked an iso, produced three posts which show a consistency of solemnj's stance on the previous lynch, then stated that "facts" can be manipulated and simultaneously argued that my votecount analysis was invalid due to that while his analysis of me was based on numbers in my sig, which(for all he knows) could be random. but his read is right and mine is wrong because the rules that apply to me don't apply to him. way to go. if this is your best effort, i'm outta here.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Alkaline
Alkaline
Townie
Alkaline
Townie
Townie

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by Alkaline »

This is embarrassing, but something came up and I can't play.

Sorry to the mods and players. Maybe next time I could play with you guys. :D
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:54 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

Yeah, I don't think scum on the brink of death usually leaves in a huff. I think you are just bad. Also I didn't exactly build a case on you by your sig, I just made a comment based on it. Also I have been playing mafia for eight years, I know the term WIFOM. The more you explain yourself the more I think you are just horribly mistaken town. It could be good acting though. ... Nah, I don't think so. I just think you believe you have a scum caught and you are really annoyed that you aren't getting traction. I think you are town, ironic that the person you think is scum is now going to have to defend you while you try to kill me.

Unvote

Vote: Cruelty

I cannot defend myself against your posts well because your posts don't say anything. You accuse me of faking something I did not fake, you accuse me of being scum for reasons that are a part of my usual town play, so there's that. My defense was not 'facts can be manipulated', but rather it was pointing out an error in your attack. There is a difference. I cannot defend well against such far-fetched attacks, but I can note how your logical progression is not always correct.

As for Cruelty, he is reminding me of scum me. He is really good with words and seems highly intelligent. Which makes me question why we have not caught scum yet. As Furry pointed out, this current lynch is not ruffling any feathers, that's not good.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:00 pm

Post by Kdub »

Looking for a replacement for Alkaline. The deadline will likely be extended a few days due to the replacement situation. I will announce the extension once a replacement has been found. I'm going to look for a more established player who will be less likely to replace out due to the activity issues that have been going on with that player slot throughout the game.

Vote Count

CrueKnight (0)
-
Furry (0)
-
cruelty (1)
- Sir Chris
Sir Chris (1)
- don_johnson
kunkstar7 (1)
- mikeburnfire
Faraday (0)
-
don_johnson (2)
- Furry, cruelty
Alkaline (0)
-
mikeburnfire (0)
-
Heilograph (0)
-
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (5)
- CrueKnight, kunkstar7, Faraday, Alkaline, Heilograph

10 players alive, 6 votes needed to lynch.

Deadline is January 18, ~12:00 pm MST
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:52 pm

Post by Faraday »

Furry wrote:Is anyone against the SJ/DJ lynch at this point? Im a little surprised and concerned that there has been zero attempt to derail or move this wagon. The game is moving slow, but I think if this was a scum wagon, there would be something happening to of stopped it from getting to a lynch, as opposed to letting it drift to a deadline one like it is. That said I really dont like a SC/follist lynch. I had a neutralish read on that slot that has progressed to a slight town one.
Not against it but I'm liking don quite a lot atm actually.
The wagon seems to have sort of come out of no-where too. I mean I don't really like SolemnJ's latter play but he looks okay early and Dj's a cool player and he seems to be trying.

being honest i'm finding it hard to get my head around this game, there's been too many replacements which demoralises the time and everyone seems to be posting just enough to get by.

i'm going to give a read over the last few pages and see what i think before putting downa vote. i'm tempted to just go with my gut, in all honesty and do what that tells me as i can't seem to find much else via re-reading. let's see anyway
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:01 pm

Post by Faraday »

man the site is being too slow to post/do anything right now, i'll have to wait till tomorrow.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:07 pm

Post by Faraday »

man this site is being too slow to post/do anything right now, i'll have to wait till tomorrow.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:40 pm

Post by Furry »

Faraday wrote:
Furry wrote:Is anyone against the SJ/DJ lynch at this point? Im a little surprised and concerned that there has been zero attempt to derail or move this wagon. The game is moving slow, but I think if this was a scum wagon, there would be something happening to of stopped it from getting to a lynch, as opposed to letting it drift to a deadline one like it is. That said I really dont like a SC/follist lynch. I had a neutralish read on that slot that has progressed to a slight town one.
The wagon seems to have sort of come out of no-where too. I mean I don't really like SolemnJ's latter play but he looks okay early and Dj's a cool player and he seems to be trying.
Was looking for a "Would not lynch, would lynch at deadline or would lynch without deadline". Looks like the second one am I right?
i'm going to give a read over the last few pages and see what i think before putting downa vote. i'm tempted to just go with my gut, in all honesty and do what that tells me as i can't seem to find much else via re-reading. let's see anyway
Whats your gut? I really cant recall it of the top of my head here. (maybe dana?)
Temporary unretired alt
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:53 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

So many replacements and boring posts. I wish the mod would just pull a vigilante and thin a few of the heard for us.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Sir Chris's turn from DJ to Cruelty was ....unexpected. Honestly I don't think I could go for a cruelty lynch. His posting has been sound and logical. Besides Crueknight, he's the only other original player left. With the exception of the last day he has been posting well, and I find myself agreeing with his posts when I reread in iso.

Sir Chris has given off a town vibe with his posting as well. DJ seemed so exasperated, his posts just seem to me like a scum trying to desperately fight his way out of suspicion.

Heilo and Alkaline have continued their slots trend of nothing basically. We avoided a cades lynch yesterday so he could be replaced, and that didn't work out so well. And once again we are coming to a deadline lynch with barely any real direction.
Welcome to the Network.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by Kdub »

Kirbyoshi replaces Alkaline. I am adding a few days to the deadline as well.

Vote Count

CrueKnight (0)
-
Furry (0)
-
cruelty (1)
- Sir Chris
Sir Chris (1)
- don_johnson
kunkstar7 (1)
- mikeburnfire
Faraday (0)
-
don_johnson (2)
- Furry, cruelty
Kirbyoshi (0)
-
mikeburnfire (0)
-
Heilograph (0)
-
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (5)
- CrueKnight, kunkstar7, Faraday, Kirbyoshi, Heilograph

10 players alive, 6 votes needed to lynch.

Deadline is January 22, ~10:00 pm MST
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:53 pm

Post by Furry »

kunkstar7 wrote:Heilo and Alkaline have continued their slots trend of nothing basically. We avoided a cades lynch yesterday so he could be replaced, and that didn't work out so well. And once again we are coming to a deadline lynch with barely any real direction.
O captain my captain, lead on then as to who is scum! You arent even voting, so you are the last one that gets to be complaining here about us not lynching anyone.
Temporary unretired alt
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:55 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

I am tired, let me be brief:

It doesn't make sense for scum to be worried, all of scum is alive, which means in a low vote total day they can lean the lynch their way. If cruelty is scum, there is nothing stopping him from being sound and logical and still lynching town. I didn't like the distancing language he used when wicked flipped town, basically saying it was wicked's fault. I mean I voted him too, but my thought was "wth how was he town" and I think that while cruelty has been very logical, logic isn't always town, especially when that sound and logical mind leads to town.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:35 pm

Post by cruelty »

Ok, SolemnJ.

This particular quote I found to be very peculiar:
SJ wrote:I like to think I can figure out a person's role by the way they post, in the categories: Cop, Doc, Vanilla.
Just seems like a strange way for town to play - I suspect that most people are looking specifically for scum and not for town power roles. Maybe that's just me though, I haven't delved much into the theory of the game. I don't understand and I don't like the approach though.

To be honest, I didn't think he was particularly scummy, I was concerned that he was fairly easily lead and his opinions seemed to shift quite rapidly without really good reason. I also didn't really like his reasoning for being on the wicked wagon - it was logical but I got an uneasy gut vibe from that post. I'm not 100% sure why, I'll think about it some more (I think it seemed fairly opportunistic and abrupt, but opportunism has plagued this game and I've abruptly changed opinion [see wicked/cades] so I can't condemn him for this.

Mostly, I just wanted a quick wagon to build up some steam and stimulate some discussion - for me this was never about pushing a lynch, just giving the game a shot in the arm. Seems it failed.
unvote

Sir Chris
Sir Chris wrote:As for Cruelty, he is reminding me of scum me. He is really good with words and seems highly intelligent. Which makes me question why we have not caught scum yet.
I.. what?

dj wrote:thru strict voting analysis i find both yours and chris' slot scummy. i plan on expanding on it with further analysis.
Ok.

I don't really buy into this voting analysis deal, I tend to think that although it's absolute fact (one of the few concrete facts we have), it's also tainted by human error, but whatever, I'll let you do your thing. If it works for you then it's all good.

All I was trying to say in that post was that a replacement isn't automatically free of suspicion.

I did notice this (abruptly changing topic):
CK wrote:unvote
Vote: Wicked

I am agreeing with the arguments against him.
The post prior to this, he was vehemently anti-kunkstar. I'd also note (borrowing a little from dj here) that he wasn't on a wagon at all at the end of day 1.

I can't really be bothered making a big case here, but suffice to say that his presence on the wicked wagon was opportunistic (there's that word again, and I can concede that he'd previously shown some suspicion of wicked, but at the time of the vote his game was going in another direction) and his lack of presence at the end of day 1 is also interesting. He bears looking at, something I'll find time to do once he gets back and can answer my questions.
the nexus of the crisis
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:06 am

Post by Faraday »

Furry wrote:
Faraday wrote:
Was looking for a "Would not lynch, would lynch at deadline or would lynch without deadline". Looks like the second one am I right?
Whats your gut? I really cant recall it of the top of my head here. (maybe dana?)
yeah the second one, sorry didn't see that.

my gut atm says sir chris.
i don't like the way he seems to be applying how he plays as a scumtell to cruelty and he feels like he's trying to buddy up to dj to get him to shift his vote

also applying putting the burden on not having caught scum on someone is quite frankly ridiculous.

i'm going to try and read back a bit more and stuff but idk:/ i feel very apathic towards the whole thing atm. it's not even like the scum would have had to play a good game up to now as in reality the first lynch was on someone who was active lurking to the extreme and then didn't provide any content and the second one was on wicked who'd has suspicioun on him all game, it's mostly due to his playstyle too, and even that was a deadline lynch which imo usually says a lot in that their often rushed.

still we can but endeavour to try better.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:07 am

Post by Faraday »

Sir Chris wrote: I think you are town, ironic that the person you think is scum is now going to have to defend you while you try to kill me
man i really hate this line and i can't put my finger on why it just..seems so off to me.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:26 am

Post by Sir Chris »

maybe you dislike irony.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:30 am

Post by Sir Chris »

Also I like how the winds are starting to sway my way a little, makes me a bit more confident that cruelty is scum. Mostly because he took the one line I said about him that was "what" worthy out of context and ignored the rest. Is that how your defense is going to be? Cherrypicking one line out of a couple of posts? That's cool, I guess.

Also I like how it is buddying to go from lynching someone to thinking "no, probably shouldn't." That's probably the worst buddying ever. If I was scum (I know everyone hates that phrase and the following is obv wifom) I'd have just stuck to stabbing him repeatedly and it would have probably worked out if he was town. You will find that when scum is doing something well there is little reason to change it. Especially when I could have just brought up the fact that he was little more than counter voting me, there was no reason for a scum sir chris to be so threatened by DJ's vote that he would have to back off of him.

So come on cruelty let's have a bit more of a chit chat than a single line of disbelief, I am sure you are good for more than that.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:43 am

Post by Sir Chris »

Also if you can't tell I am starting to get something of a second (or perhaps first) wind about this game. I am just trying to think of what we have to do to lynch a scum here. We have to make some sort of connection or bridge some sort of gap. Even though I am voting cruelty it is not an indication that I think he is 100% scum, barely above 50% even. However throughout this game I don't think cruelty has been made to account well for his actions, and every player needs to account well for their actions. That is what strikes me about DJ's argument against me. Even though I know he is barking up the wrong tree his points are the right kind of points in trying to catch scum, really. I got annoyed because they were against me and dismissed them out of hand but that wasn't right of me at all. Also like I said whenever I said it scum leaving in a huff is pretty crazy.

Also I just like how faraday's gut points to me. Why is that? I think I mentioned it but what is really buddybuddy about my behavior. I don't follow your logic, and I don't think you have much logic to that. So I would like for you to explain, in vivid detail, what your gut is saying about me please.

Even if you can't go for a cruelty lynch, let's at least discuss it so we have a broader base of knowledge going forward. We need to stop looking at one or two people and reviewing the case on just about everyone. If you are town, look over the game and think for yourselves a bit. See where it leads you. Not just one or two posts from someone, but do an ISO, see what doesn't and does belong. We are in a tight spot here, we need to lynch scum today.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:31 am

Post by Faraday »

Sir Chris wrote:maybe you dislike irony.
nah i've figured it out, it makes it sound like you're ready to white knight the person you were voting for a little while ago based on very little.

have you any complete games, actually I can check that myself so never mind.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”