Square Enix Mafia I: Diabolus Erus (GAME OVER)

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 9:33 am

Post by Glork »

DTMaster wrote:Glork
Hey, do you know when I voted I fished out 2 scum. Yeah you know that? Lets murder Prana the already scummy person and his Echo.

Also Ice will be treated as confirmed red scum in my VC analysis. His claim = fake fake fake fake fake, considering the orange and red flips and the lack of other DM claiming (no mirroring to the factions).
Actually, Prana's recent posting hasn't been too bad. I'm pretty sure you are extraordinarily wrong right now. I don't think you could be more backwards.

Vote Count:

Antifinity: 1
(JPSalazar)
PranaDevil: 1
(DTMaster)

Not Voting:

AdumbroDeus
Antifinity
bill1148
Chronopie (Voteless)
Devotress
dramonic
Glork
KDub
MehPlusRawr
PranaDevil
thatguy00
wolframnhart

Lynch:

7 votes.

Deadline:

June 1st - 3:00 PM EST
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 9:34 am

Post by Glork »

Prana, if you have relevant information to claim, you might as well do so. Role/Name/Targets is fine.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 9:37 am

Post by DTMaster »

Glork, So you can explain 3 kills, 2 colors, and 2 at least factions without Ice Faking his DM claim?

I'm pretty sure one of the scum players died at night.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 9:37 am

Post by Glork »

Dram's FoS count is wrong. I'm currently FoSing KDub.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 9:37 am

Post by DTMaster »

Actually, what's backwards. My stance on the FoS/Vote or on Ice?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 9:44 am

Post by PranaDevil »

What?! Follow me here DTM.

We don't know if Devotress is scum or town. At the moment I don't think anyone finds her potential scum. By that logic we should ignore the Doom counter and let whoever is given it die without caring. Is that what you are suggesting? (I expect an answer here)

Also, we can vote, yes. However, what happens if 4 people vote in seperate directions? That means Devotress is 100% guarenteed to die. Why is that a good thing in your eyes? (I again, expect an answer).

With the kills, you're suggesting I'm saying that none of the other abilities could potentially be a vig or SK. It could, potentially, be that the Lightning is a vig/SK, the Doom is from one mafia, and the Drowned stuff from another group. I have no clue personally, others seem to have better ideas about that than I do. But Doom is definitely not likely to be a SK without making the game impossible for the SK to win.

and Glork, fair play, considering the options for lynch are slim (and my role doesn't really help nor hinder town), and I may be on the way to sliced-vil.

I'm Kjata

Just a basic vanilla though. Hence why I had no issue with scum targetting me, figured if I'm looking scummy, they might oblige and I'd help town that way.

Of course, I since realize that was stupid, asking scum to kill you just sounds like you're either scum making bad play, or (to the scum) sounds like you're a bomb or something and they wouldn't kill you anyway. That would be filed under "tips for future games" in my mental note drawer XD.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 9:45 am

Post by Glork »

DTMaster wrote:Glork, So you can explain 3 kills, 2 colors, and 2 at least factions without Ice Faking his DM claim?

I'm pretty sure one of the scum players died at night.
Orange Mafia = Reduced to Nothingness / Doom kills

SK = Electrocuted Kills

"Red Mafia" = Iece Death Miller

"Drowning" kill = Vigilante

Same thing I've been saying for like the last six or seven pages. :rolleyes:
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 9:55 am

Post by Chronopie »

@DTM #1027: Yes, Marilis (Bv310) (orange Mafia - Fire elemental snake woman) was drowned Night 2.

My personal Theory is that We have 2 scum factions and a Vig. Although I could see an SK.

Also, has anyone considered the possibility of a Black Mage, in so far as flavours of kills?
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Chronopie »

Glork: I disagree on Orange Mafia being Reduced to nothing/Doom, as Bv310 was fire element.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 10:04 am

Post by Glork »

Hm, you might be right. If it's the Four Fiends, then Tiamat uses Thunderbolt, which fits in with the electrocution kills.

Not sure what that says about Nothingness / Doom. Maybe Iece was scum afterall.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 10:05 am

Post by Glork »

EBWOP: Although, Kraken can use Thundara and Blind, too: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Krak ... Fantasy%29
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 10:16 am

Post by Chronopie »

I'd still attribute the Drown Kill to Kraken, Rather than the electrocution which sounds like Tiamat more..

But here I hit a snag. Kraken wouldn't Target Marilis. So that would indicate a redirect/bus driver, but that would be two kills from the one group in one night. Or another group targeted Bv310 for drowning.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 10:16 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

DTMaster wrote:@Prana/Adum

Oooh they are slipping. You wouldn't fuck the town over if you lynch scum. You would be fucking your "town" image of yourselves. You can still vote, Devotress would die, but that gives you added pressure for you to be more right. The fact that you are telling me

Devo death = town being screwed, rather then Devo death = potentially one of 3 scum factions dying = very very very very revealing me.

No, we wouldn't, but you're missing the point, all the other stuff that you normally do with a vote (or threat thereof) in terms of scumhunting. How do we know that toDay isn't gonna extend till June, think of all the scumhunting that could be done... that you can't do now because you can't remove your vote.

I agree, prana is probably scum, but your action was stupid and anti-town from the theory side regardless of who actually is scum, and honestly, trying to defend it makes it look scummier.
That means a scum faction has 2 kills. You realize that you would be imbalancing the game by giving one faction 2 kills?
Dunno about that, as we're illustrating, doom counter is easy to game, the mod probably balanced it with that in mind.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 10:24 am

Post by Glork »

Chronopie wrote:I'd still attribute the Drown Kill to Kraken, Rather than the electrocution which sounds like Tiamat more..

But here I hit a snag. Kraken wouldn't Target Marilis. So that would indicate a redirect/bus driver, but that would be two kills from the one group in one night. Or another group targeted Bv310 for drowning.
The other snag is the fact that if Tiamat thundered and Kraken drowned, that'd be two kills coming from the same scumgroup, which I still think is extremely unlikely.

No, I'm content to believe that BV's group has Tiamat doing electrocution kills, and Kraken blinding. Not sure what Lich is up to, though.

One thought regarding the Music Notes thing that Starbuck and Devo got -- since this is Square Enix Mafia and not Final Fantasy Mafia, can anybody think of non-FF Squeenix games that might have this sort of flavor? I played SO3 a few years back, but I don't really recall much about the game aside from grinding for battle trophies and the obnoxious post-plot dungeons.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 10:49 am

Post by Chronopie »

Apart from Demyx from KH series (who I already discounted as being unlikely - Due to cloak colour) I can't think of any.

As a refresher: The music was a large someone possibly not human, in a brown cloak.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 10:54 am

Post by dramonic »

was there any more details than that?
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 11:02 am

Post by Chronopie »

Here's the actual quote:
Antifinity wrote:I got some weird flavor last night. A big brown cloaked man shot musical notes out of his mouth at my ears. My guess from the description is that it might be a Tonberry, as many comments are made about how it might not be human. I wasn't told what effect, if any, that the singing(?) actually had.
However, Anti wasn't told specifically that they did nothing. Unless it's an omission on Anti's part. Which I doubt, seeing as they weren't told what effect it had.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 12:34 pm

Post by DTMaster »

@Prana
Prana wrote:We don't know if Devotress is scum or town. At the moment I don't think anyone finds her potential scum. By that logic we should ignore the Doom counter and let whoever is given it die without caring. Is that what you are suggesting? (I expect an answer here)
Yes because as much as it's dangerous for town, you can use the kill to confirm the people who's been doomed. Yes someone dies, and this is only bad if Devo is town or you have a strong town read on him. So yes I'm saying
Doom is something we can use to confirm the person

Issues though:

This is very likely scum directed, so we're hoping for cross kills using this angle. The other thing is to remove neutral reads via kills so we don't carry them through lylo, but that's weaker scum hunting.

Doom is dangrous, but we shouldn't be crippled by it. Just because someone dies within voting doesn't mean we should stop voting. Look at the lack of activity. Scum would thrive in this enviroment since they'll just sit back and let the town be in fear of it.
Pra wrote:With the kills, you're suggesting I'm saying that none of the other abilities could potentially be a vig or SK. It could, potentially, be that the Lightning is a vig/SK, the Doom is from one mafia, and the Drowned stuff from another group. I have no clue personally, others seem to have better ideas about that than I do. But Doom is definitely not likely to be a SK without making the game impossible for the SK to win.
Hello. Remember the Arguments on why it couldn't be vig? Glork remember that argument? You two are the most inconsistant in your theories.

I suggested this earlier and got hounded over it since the N1 kill. Also apparently many of the targets have been protown. Starbuck was a very, very poor choice in kill for any Vig. Reck by reputation is a poor choice, etc, etc.

@Glork
Glork wrote:Orange Mafia = Reduced to Nothingness / Doom kills

SK = Electrocuted Kills

"Red Mafia" = Iece Death Miller

"Drowning" kill = Vigilante
This is horrible. This means multiple kills have failed/hit the same person. This also gives Orange Mafia Day and Night kills. In fact this game is so swingy that town would lose in 3 days in a WCS. There is this thing called Balanced you know.

You know what, this post bugs me beyond belief.

To be continued since I'm at work.
bill1148
bill1148
Goon
bill1148
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by bill1148 »

JP comes off more as an impatient Townie, rather than scum with his vote (instead of FOS). DT is curious in that he said that he hadn't read the Doom analysis. Although it doesn't really matter, since it takes 7 to lynch now.

@DT

Other than Prana (who you voted for), who do you find most supicious?
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Adu wrote:No, we wouldn't, but you're missing the point, all the other stuff that you normally do with a vote (or threat thereof) in terms of scumhunting. How do we know that toDay isn't gonna extend till June, think of all the scumhunting that could be done... that you can't do now because you can't remove your vote.
Wait, what? My vote is stuck? Testing this.

Unvote

Vote Adumbro
bill1148
bill1148
Goon
bill1148
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 12:40 pm

Post by bill1148 »

DTMaster wrote:
Adu wrote:No, we wouldn't, but you're missing the point, all the other stuff that you normally do with a vote (or threat thereof) in terms of scumhunting. How do we know that toDay isn't gonna extend till June, think of all the scumhunting that could be done... that you can't do now because you can't remove your vote.
Wait, what? My vote is stuck? Testing this.

Unvote

Vote Adumbro
*facepalm*

FOS: DT
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 12:42 pm

Post by Chronopie »

And there we go -.-

Congratulations, You just single-handedly killed Devotress.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by Chronopie »

EBWOP: Unless the town Lynches Anti. In that case we only reach 1. If I'm counting correctly.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

WTF!!!!!

DT, what in God's good name are you doing?

Yes we CAN confirm, but the fact that we've got a scum faction using it makes it less likely to correct, and now your vote is stuck unless we wanna kill dev.

Hell yea, we should consider it, but because of the pattern, most likely it's a scum faction's kills, so the doomed person is less likely anyway.

So why would you do it, why why why?
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

EBWOP:

Oh wait, he didn't put my name in properly, hopefully the mod will stick to the rules of formatting laid out in the thread and not count it as a vote, the unvote would still count, but at least we could still lynch anybody cause the doom counter wouldn't have gone down.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”