Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by Fate »

U MAD CUZ U DIDNT SEND IN NORSE GOD EARLIER AND NOW ABR SED DONT DO IT.

LOL.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Huh?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 4:51 pm

Post by Plum »

Heh.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 4:53 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Plum wrote:Nik: Sorry, I was missing the brain on my last post directed at you (information overload gogogo). Lemme get back to you with a different something soonish.
Gotcha. I look forward to it.
Katy wrote:Because I don't know what Nikanor was doing with his "pseudo-vote."
If you must know, it was like an FoS. Basically, I had the post saying Vote: SaintKerrigan before I saw the secret info post by SpyreX. After I saw Spy's post, I changed the vote to a pseudo-vote.
If you want to know why I thought SK's post was scummy, it's because of
GUT.
Yes, that's the secret to my power. Exciting, isn't it?
Katy wrote:Nikanor shouldn't have been voting for Mina JUST to get some sort of magical information, he should vote for her because he thinks she's scum.
I don't see your point. Have you considered the possibility of me being a village idiot? You've never played with me before, so you shouldn't know whether I'm a VI or not.
Katy wrote:But that wasn't Nikanor's reasoning - even when asked to clarify he stated that his vote was for getting secret info that Spyre claimed to be able to give if people voted for Mina. He didn't ever say he was pressuring her or wanting to see how she behaved, so there's no reason to think that this was what he was doing. But thanks for trying to give him a way out.
I believe I've stated that although the secret information was the primary reason for me voting Mina, I agreed with Spy about the cognitive dissonance. So the information wasn't my only motivation, although it certainly played a large part.
Katy wrote:I do want to do an ISO on him at some point, but nothing I read from him bothered me as much as what I read from Nikanor.
Have you done the iso or haven't you? It seems like you have, from the second clause.

Also, I thought we were worshipping the Old Ones to get rid of Delerium. Is that not what we're doing?
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by Fate »

Also, I thought we were worshipping the Old Ones to get rid of Delerium. Is that not what we're doing?
Also, just to confirm: Our worship goes to exactly the person we vote for, right? I think I'm going to send mine in now

Why did I think you worshiped the Norse gods for so long?

>_>
<_<

NIKANOR BACK ON TOWN LIST.

DTM AND ICE ICE BABY STILL OFF IT.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 4:58 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Well, I suppose it's nice to know that were making no sense whatsoever, after all.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by Fate »

Who the fuck is "we"?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 5:00 pm

Post by Iecerint »

EBWOP: "that
you
were making no sense."

Forgot a word.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 5:08 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Fate wrote:I'm thinking of voting Old Gods for balance, and because I don't like Chrono and I have traumatic childhood memories of Christianity.
You never like me, why is that? O.O;
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 5:12 pm

Post by Fate »

*looks at all the games he's in with Chrono and all the flips he's seen*

Do I really need to explain this one?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Fate wrote:NIKANOR BACK ON TOWN LIST.
That's good. I was beginning to think you had misread me.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 5:24 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Fate wrote:*looks at all the games he's in with Chrono and all the flips he's seen*

Do I really need to explain this one?
Yes. You've seen me flip both alignments, so where's the Chrono hate come from?
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 5:27 pm

Post by Fate »

Because
I've seen you flip both alignments.

It's not hate though, don't misunderstand me.

It's more of a brotherly love where you're the little bro who always wants to play with the big boys and fails considerably. But you're still cool in your own little way, but I can't admit in front of my friends that I like my bro because that would be kinda lame.

So yeah *pat pat* I'll still cry at your funeral after you get vigged.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 5:54 pm

Post by Mina »

All this talk of ending the day early is ridiculous. We have a MINIMUM three-week deadline, and it's been five days since the game even started. Also, you realize you can wait to send your worship vote until the last hour of N1, right? What's the rush?

As much as I'm glad not to be the leading wagon (and wouldn't exactly cry if ort was lynched)...WTF, Nikanor suddenly suspects ortolan instead of me? Speaking of which, where the fuck is ortolan?

I've been thinking a lot about this game during my V/LA. Very interesting thoughts.

But before I start turning the heat on, time to catch up. Iecerint first. I'd told you I'd get around to you:
2. @Kinetic: I'm going to a wedding this weekend, so I'll be V/LA until Monday. Unfortunately, I don't have much time today. To-do list for Monday: answer ooba's questions,
reread Iecerint and show the quotes that I like and dislike from him (I can't for the life of me make up my mind on Iec)
, react to SK's and Snow_Bunny's most recent posts, and scream at all the people who STILL HAVEN'T ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS. But right now I'm becoming a distraction, so first things first...
You just have so many posts that I'm lazy and keep on putting this off. Besides, so many people are complaining about the walls that I thought posting my tl;dr wishy-washy thoughts on Iecerint wasn't much of a priority. But since you asked...

Iecerint: A Novel

by Mina

Author's Note: no one needs to read this monstrosity unless you're either 1) wondering if you should vote Iecerint today (you shouldn't), 2) looking for proof that Iecerint and I are scumbuddies (we aren't), or 2) Iecerint himself (in which case, I hate you for making me write this!).

Chapter 1: The Bad

-The overly technical comment: in Fables when you made a big deal with Gerhard Krause's "OTOK" and spoke a lot about the mechanics of posting restrictions and the importance of casting a random vote. I saw shades of that here earlier in the game (admittedly, some of it was gut, because I'd skimmed a little). I felt the same way as DTMaster did about your post on Fate, in which you voted Fate for being antitown on principle. I also thought you overdid the venom against players who screwed up the voting. Furthermore, I felt as though some of your reasons for suspecting me were a little nitpicky. For example, this one:
But I should note that, upon reflection, it's a little weird that this sequence of events would happen:

1. Mina considers whether she should ask about the late addition's alignment.
2. Mina decides it's OK and asks.
3. Mina says she's worried about set-up speculation leading to role-fishing.

I think I would've expected townMina to lampshade (2) in (3). It's in the back of my head.
I was too busy catching up to respond to it at the time. But when I first read that, I internally went, "Oh,
come on.
Do you think I'm going to say, 'I have a few theories about the set-up, but unlike asking DTM and ortolan about their recruitment, which I thought was a perfectly protown thing to ask for the following reason, I think my theories might lead to role-fishing'? Who explains every throwaway sentence they write?"

-I don't know what the hell ABR is talking about when he says you're "pushing" a case on me. But my problem with you has been the opposite--you've kind of been circling me all game, saying you suspect me, then saying you don't suspect me, then saying you suspect me again. (You've recently taken a firmer stance.)

This is long enough, so I won't write up a huge case with quotes to show what gave me the impression you were flip-flopping on me. In a nutshell, even when you agreed with Faraday that my explanation was fine, you left yourself open to voting me again. Your reaction to SpyreX's case was neutral and non-committal. You seemed to suspect me, until you admitted to DTMaster that you thought my 355
was
a towntell. But then I think you mentioned that (I can't find the quote, so maybe I'm misremembering.)

That's what I meant before about you being reluctant to join wagons before. (And yeah, when I said I noticed the same trend in Fables, I was talking about your late kpaca hop--I assumed you'd been waiting for the bandwagon to gain steam, not that you wanted to distance first.)

-You're not the only person guilty of this, but you tend go on a lot about the set-up and the worship mechanics. It feels a bit like IIoA.

-Finally, you know how to look active and helpful as scum--meaning I need a bit of scepticism when dealing with you. :shocked:

Chapter 2: The Good

-I'd meant to bring this up at the time, but I started feeling better about you after your CryMeARiver vote. Your case on Fate was gaining traction. You could have also justified a jump on to my wagon. Instead you voted for a lurker for meta reasons. There was no scum opportunism in the vote. Furthermore, you, me and ortolan are now the competing bandwagons. You've left yourself open to vote me AND ortolan, but you're sticking to CMAR instead of trying to save your own skin.

-Right now, people have accused you of being my partner. You could have made yourself look good by pretending to be swayed by the case on me (you'd left yourself open to it) and voting me to prove we weren't linked, but instead you're keeping your vote on CMAR. Since I know I'm town, this makes you look better.

-You show signs of looking beyond the surface and trying to follow leads--for example, when you asked Plum about her read on CMAR because you knew she'd played with him before.

-I think your motivations for revealing that you had daytalk came across as protown. You
could
be a scum neighbour sharing this information to look town, but your explanation of your thought process came across as open and unguarded. I don't see bad intentions there. (While I was writing this, you posted the elaborate explanation of how you were fishing for the stranger in your QT, which is WAAAAAY too involved for scum.)

(Re: my shocked "
day
-talk?" before...never mind. Never mind. It seemed like the conversation was heading in a certain direction, but...another story for another day.)

-Your most recent posts have come across as relatively sincere and open with your thoughts. And you're actually scumhunting and contributing cases that aren't concentrated craplogic, unlike most of the players in this game. Rereading your posts in ISO, I noticed that many of the posts I'd sort of skimmed contain actual content.

-This and this post. I didn't want to tip my hand right away before pushing both of them, but holy fuck. YOU. READ. MY. MIND. Seriously, I've been entertaining mad conspiracy theories of a SpyreX-ABR scumteam throughout my entire V/LA.

-I personally think the fact that you happened to choose the Norse gods is irrelevant--and strongly suspect those who are trying to build a case Also, didn't several others claim their god target? No one has explained why your "pushing" of the Norse gods was scummier than anyone else's worship claim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 3: The TL;DR Summary

-I don't want to lynch Iecerint today. In fact, I don't think he'd even make my top ten lynch choices. Why don't we thin out the flagrantly scummy and hypocritical players first?

-Started the game with a mild scum read on him, but have gradually come to trust him. Writing this post made me come out much more firmly on the town side. (First person who says that we planned this all in our QT? Suck. IT.)

-Pros: active, pro-town playstyle, makes cases and questions multiple targets, called ABR and SpyreX on hypocrisy, lack of opportunism in voting, interested in looking beneath the surface, very open with his thoughts, shows signs of internal reflection, bandwagon on him is based on gut and on bullshit "Norse" accusations, almost certainly town after his daytalk and ABR revelation

-Cons: tends too much toward IIoA, gets nitpicky over minor details, looks protown regardless of alignment, seemed to keep his options open on me before, does tend to go on tangents and lose his temper, gave me funny vibes early on

And for the record, the next person who says, "Mina doesn't want to lynch Iecerint today! That totally makes them scumbuddies!" gets strangled through his computer monitor. Anyone in a twenty-eight player game who's voting on D1 based purely on one player stating ambivalent or positive feelings toward another player (particularly if one or both players seem otherwise protown) is either scum or dumb.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 6:02 pm

Post by Fate »

Five days ALREADY are you kidding?

Fuck it, time to blow my load:

Execute: Ortolan

Get your worship votes in at twilight ya damn nubs.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by Fate »

I'M SO SORRY I FORGOT TO WRITE THIS:

MINA DOESN'T WANT TO LYNCH IECRINT TODAY THAT TOTTALLY MAKES THEM SCUMBUDDIES!

WE'LL GET TO YOU TOMORROW.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 6:11 pm

Post by Nikanor »

So ortolan is lynched now? Don't you have to put that in red, Fate?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 6:12 pm

Post by Fate »

Execute: Ortolan

O shit. I told you don't press the red button!

*sizzle*

Nothing happens.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 6:15 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I love when you color-code your thoughts.

1. That isn't why I voted Fate. I thought he was scummy, even if his behavior could theoretically have an anti-town explanation (much like rolefishing). His play wasn't like this in my other game with him.

2. On the subject of that second post of mine you linked, since you reminded me, my hypothesis was that SX was a GOO to whom ABR had crumbed ahead of time, and he was giving ABR the benefit of the doubt because, let's face it, everyone likes fancy powers. But SX later claimed to be QT-less, so that theory is no longer possible.

3. I chose the Norse gods for a specific reason (it was NOT random), but that reason isn't my faction.

4. For what it's worth, Fables has been my only scum win. Police people always get me. :(
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 6:16 pm

Post by Fate »

What the fuck is a GOO and why do you keep saying it? I thought you mistyped GOD like a moron a few times...
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by Iecerint »

You are a complete moron if that is real. Way to kill Starbuck.

Also, Niki has earned more scum points than I can count on my hands for failing to point this out while encouraging his behavior.

Preview edit: GOO = Great Old One
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 6:18 pm

Post by Fate »

I forgot about the shift

OH NO WHAT HAVE I DONE?

WHAT WILL WE DO WITHOUT THAT LURKER STARBUCK!?!?!

(Iec is not scum with SB, mission accomplished)
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 6:20 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I'm not scum with anyone, silly. Go pretend to shoot CMAR.

Niki keeps his scumpoints, though.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 6:21 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Technically, as this is no longer a deep south game, worship can be sent in until Day 2 Dawn -2hours
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 6:22 pm

Post by Mina »

Thanks for making me waste three and a half hours of my life, Iecerint.

NOW do you see why I kept putting that off?
Nikanor wrote:
Katy wrote:Nikanor shouldn't have been voting for Mina JUST to get some sort of magical information, he should vote for her because he thinks she's scum.
I don't see your point. Have you considered the possibility of me being a village idiot? You've never played with me before, so you shouldn't know whether I'm a VI or not
Is this a joke or a serious defence?

Are you using the excuse for "maybe I'm a VI" to defend scummy things you've done? You're admitting to using bad logic on purpose as a survival strategy? VIs don't know they're VIs. (Psst, the point is to act so dumb and illogical that everyone makes the VI excuse for you. The effect is ruined if you spell it out for us.)

And that's not even a defence! Is your point that Katy shouldn't accuse you of making a vote for bad/scummy reasons, because for all she knows, you might be a VI? That doesn't change that your defence only holds if you really are a VI.

Also, can you answer this already?

Fate, please explain just what Nikanor has done that makes him town. I've never played with him before, but I can't see it no matter how hard I squint.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”