inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:41 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Praise be, I will have a big summary post tomorrow.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:58 am

Post by Katy »

Iecerint wrote:One huge thing we'd love for you to clear up -- your slot was lynched D1. The lynch didn't happen. Then your slot's originator was replaced, but the replacement never posted and again was replaced (by you).

So, to start -- why are you still alive? Is it something you did, or something someone else did?
He addressed that:
I have no fucking clue, which is actually part of what my role says.
Not very enlightening, but there's your answer.

@Xite
: There's no more voting shift, you can vote for the person you intend to.

This game is very unwieldy, with like 50% greatposting and 50% distracting weirdness. I have sympathy for replacements it's pretty hard to follow.

Blaze
why do you keep getting hung up on the godfather stuff? The only reason why people are speculating that you MAY be a godfather is because there's a sane innocent result on you, so you're either town or GF. Sure, flavorwise it wouldn't make sense - IF Norse gods were the scum group, but only scum knows who they are at this point of why they are grouped together. If scum is a mix of different gods and men, as we speculate it might be for gameplay's sake, then anyone could be a GF. But people saying you might be GF has nothing to do with anything else they say about hammers or otherwise - it's because it's the only way you are scum right now given the info we have.

It IS hard not to see you as a bit scummy because you aren't communicating clearly. You came out and claimed a power but now having done that are being vague and confusing about it, which makes it hard to understand anything you are saying in relation to it. It comes across as scummy because you first claimed a roleblocker, then when people said that was just as likely a scum role, suddenly you said no, your role was something different but you've been incredibly vague as to what it actually is and now are refusing to say more.

I'm still reluctant to switch votes because I can easily see all this as just poor play by someone who doesn't want to take the effort to try to understand this large game with so much going on it. I'm not a lyncher so godfather hunting isn't a priority to me, and the "innocent" result really gives me pause. I'd rather wait and see on Blaze, because I think I understand his explanation for the "slip" and with the town result I'm willing to hold off and give him some more time.

Can someone give me a case on
totallynotmafia
? People are voting for him, like "yeah, I can get behind this" but I'm having a hard time grasping why and I think it's the only person where I seem to have missed any case on him.
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:44 am

Post by manho »

Albatross wrote:
manho wrote:
Albatross wrote:
manho wrote:so albatross is fate's buddy also?
Are you really that simplistic in analyzing people's interactions or are you scum? I remember thinking that you were the latter.
so why fate?
Its kinda abstract in my head and I want a little bit of time to pass before I answer this question.

Why did you not think to ask this question before you jumped the gun and immediately called me scum?
this is not a "immediately called me(alba) scum". fate claimed a 6 men QT, and claimed that nikanor is his buddy (buddy only, QT?, but not
scum
-buddy as fate said). and i was asking fate, or you, whether you are in that QT also.
your reaction to that question is really scummy, as you assumed i marked you as scum in that quote.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:08 am

Post by Fate »

*WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHH*
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Albatross
Albatross
Townie
Albatross
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:25 am

Post by Albatross »

UNVOTE; VOTE: Manho
[/red]

This is probably where my vote would have ended up anyway.

Manho responded to my post like a scumbag, Iec responded like a townie.
Albatross
Albatross
Townie
Albatross
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:26 am

Post by Albatross »

Albatross wrote:
UNVOTE; VOTE: Manho

This is probably where my vote would have ended up anyway.

Manho responded to my post like a scumbag, Iec responded like a townie.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:37 am

Post by Xite91 »

Iecerint wrote:One huge thing we'd love for you to clear up -- your slot was lynched D1. The lynch didn't happen. Then your slot's originator was replaced, but the replacement never posted and again was replaced (by you).

So, to start -- why are you still alive? Is it something you did, or something someone else did?
Since I have no clue, it probably was something someone else did, but don't ask me who, there's a limit to my knowledge
Iecerint wrote:Tons of stuff has happened. I can sympathize with you, but you should probably at least skim and read the major "case" posts.
In the process of skimming, remember I have to catch up on a 60 page game though, and be a little patient with me.
Nikanor wrote:
Xite wrote:1)His posts never REALLY say anything, he seems to be trying to play it off as just bad townplay, but i feel he's much smarter than that. So did a lot of people early game, it seems. But seriously, guys, go back and read his posts, and know that almost nothing he says has any concrete ANYTHING in it. It's talk, vote, now FOLLOW MY WAGON!!!
Actually, he
is
saying concrete things. But maybe we're not reading the same game.
Oh, right. We're not reading the same game because you're not reading the game at all. :roll:
Good sir, I am trying to read the game, but posts like this are useless. This is pretty much what I mean by no content tbh.
You're not really adding anything to the game, youre not pointing out anything where he has posted actual content, youre just making a statement that does not need to be said. This is why we're at over 60 pages and clusterfucked, because a lot pf people are doing the same thing.
The reason I went after fate though, is because he does that^ more than most
And then points out the I know something you don't know, lalalala la la
But what is this something he knows?
and like I said, I am skimming so I may have missed him explaining this, so if I have please enlighten me and I will admit i'm wrong, simple as that. But it seems more like everyone just let that one go, even though he said
it in two different posts

Iecerint wrote:EBWOP: SpyreX was responsible for the funky voting, and he's dead. So voting Fate is voting Fate.
Alright awesome
Vote: Fate
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:44 am

Post by Parama »

Fate wrote:Preview Edit: PARAMA STOP TELLING THE GOD DAMN TRUTH ABOUT YOUR ABILITY. NOW NO ONE WILL CLAIM WHEN WE USE IT ON THEM
Like I've been saying, worshipping JC Angels will give me something infinitely more useful.

Blaze, so your vote is also placed on the person above and below the person you're voting for? 0_o
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
BlazezRb
BlazezRb
Goon
BlazezRb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:27 am

Post by BlazezRb »

Parama wrote:
Fate wrote:Preview Edit: PARAMA STOP TELLING THE GOD DAMN TRUTH ABOUT YOUR ABILITY. NOW NO ONE WILL CLAIM WHEN WE USE IT ON THEM
Like I've been saying, worshipping JC Angels will give me something infinitely more useful.

Blaze, so your vote is also placed on the person above and below the person you're voting for? 0_o
:wink:
Show
Rankings:
0-1 Town
0-0 Neutral
0-0 Mafia

Active Games: 5: Alive in 3, Dead in 2
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:40 am

Post by Iecerint »

1. SB, I wanted to get my daytalk QT mates to weigh-in on it, because, frankly, I'm kinda suspicious of them, too. Also, the fact that I found OTHER QT mates suspicious made me give Blaze the benefit of the doubt even on that. Alsoalso, I wanted to give Blaze a chance to reveal his buddies by posting analysis in-thread.

2. Blaze, you said a moment ago that you were no longer covering me and are instead covering Fate. Now you say that I am still being covered through D2, but you may be able to change it N2. Which is it?

3. You've said that your Cover protects a target and that it "roleblocks" them? Which is it? Or do you mean that it prevents ALL abilities from hitting them? Or does it prevent them from performing all abilities? Better -- can you give an example of things it can "roleblock"?

4. Do you know what it means for moves to be "redirected"? Better -- could you give an example of an ability this would stop?

5. Ooba, can you characterize the secret towntell? It looks like you're dropping it after supporting for lynching manho picked up.
BlazezRb
BlazezRb
Goon
BlazezRb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:56 am

Post by BlazezRb »

Iecerint wrote:2. Blaze, you said a moment ago that you were no longer covering me and are instead covering Fate. Now you say that I am still being covered through D2, but you may be able to change it N2. Which is it?

3. You've said that your Cover protects a target and that it "roleblocks" them? Which is it? Or do you mean that it prevents ALL abilities from hitting them? Or does it prevent them from performing all abilities? Better -- can you give an example of things it can "roleblock"?

4. Do you know what it means for moves to be "redirected"? Better -- could you give an example of an ability this would stop?
2. Take a guess you or fate, or someone that rhymes with Darama

3. Another example: Your scum, you kill an enemy who was protected by a doctor, guessing that he dies anyways.

4. I'm guessing GF would be exposed if GF had cover action on him.
Show
Rankings:
0-1 Town
0-0 Neutral
0-0 Mafia

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:06 am

Post by Iecerint »

2. So your reaction to an apparent inconsistency is to create ANOTHER one? Are you doing this on purpose? (Clarification: I'm not asking who you intend to cover in the FUTURE. I'm asking about your claim that you CHANGED cover targets, and then your claim that you hadn't/couldn't.)

3. OK. So. The "cover" action is something that you use on someone you think is scum, since it stops them from being protected and stuff. Do I have that right? (Your use of second person makes it really unclear with regard to who is being covered in the example.)

4. WAT. Umm. Your "redirector" is your hammer, and not your cover, you said. And what does GFexposure have to do with redirection?

If he makes sense to someone out there, please help.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:09 am

Post by Nikanor »

He's basically saying that his role makes people's actions unaffected by other actions, such as blocks, redirects, or doctor protections.
Am I right?
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:12 am

Post by Iecerint »

^ Except that he's claimed two specific actions with unique effects --> "holding the hammer" and "covering." Holding the hammer appears to both "stop redirections" and "reveal the godfather." "Covering" both made him think SB thought I was town AND his example of its function is that it lets the target get killed if they're targeted, which does not follow.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:28 am

Post by Iecerint »

Also, @ Blaze, are you saying you're responsible for that 4th vote two slots under you?
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:29 am

Post by Xite91 »

It could have something to do with passive vs reactive vs ect roles
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
BlazezRb
BlazezRb
Goon
BlazezRb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:43 am

Post by BlazezRb »

iec:

WHATS WITH THE QUESTIONS

ok here goes.
Iecerint wrote:...

2. So your reaction to an apparent inconsistency is to create ANOTHER one? Are you doing this on purpose? (Clarification: I'm not asking who you intend to cover in the FUTURE. I'm asking about your claim that you CHANGED cover targets, and then your claim that you hadn't/couldn't.)

3. OK. So. The "cover" action is something that you use on someone you think is scum, since it stops them from being protected and stuff. Do I have that right? (Your use of second person makes it really unclear with regard to who is being covered in the example.)

4. WAT. Umm. Your "redirector" is your hammer, and not your cover, you said. And what does GFexposure have to do with redirection?

If he makes sense to someone out there, please help.
Past: Iec
Present: Parama
Near Future: Fate

Parama was random, I put everyone in a hat.

3. Cover Action is a Rapid ability - Target player's actions can't be redirected
My Hammer has 3 abilities:
Votes above and Below target
Person using the hammer's votes,abilities and actions can't redirected.
Only gods can use this weapon
Iecerint wrote:Also, @ Blaze, are you saying you're responsible for that 4th vote two slots under you?
Nope, my power only 1 above and 1 below.
Xite91 wrote:It could have something to do with passive vs reactive vs ect roles
I'm guessing other gods have powers like mine that do wierd things. Then again, this isn't your ordinary mafia game, its confusing, I see why alba wants to leave.
Show
Rankings:
0-1 Town
0-0 Neutral
0-0 Mafia

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:54 am

Post by Iecerint »

I'm asking you questions because it seems like you contradicted yourself, but I also kinda agree with Katy. I'm trying to evaluate the contradictions by asking questions.

Could you define what "redirected" means as you're using it? Normally, it means someone targets a player and makes their ability, if they used one, target someone else. So, if I wanted to track ABR, I could be redirected to Fate and learn where Fate went, even though I'd think it was ABR's result.

However, we've already heard from MO that even though his N1 actions WERE redirected (by SX), the information he was given by the Mod specified that his POST-redirection target, not his initial one. So the typical benefit of Redirection doesn't seem to be in evidence this game.

Could you clarify when your hammer was passed away? Was it N1, or D2?
BlazezRb
BlazezRb
Goon
BlazezRb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 am

Post by BlazezRb »

Iecerint wrote:I'm asking you questions because it seems like you contradicted yourself, but I also kinda agree with Katy. I'm trying to evaluate the contradictions by asking questions.

Could you define what "redirected" means as you're using it? Normally, it means someone targets a player and makes their ability, if they used one, target someone else. So, if I wanted to track ABR, I could be redirected to Fate and learn where Fate went, even though I'd think it was ABR's result.

However, we've already heard from MO that even though his N1 actions WERE redirected (by SX), the information he was given by the Mod specified that his POST-redirection target, not his initial one. So the typical benefit of Redirection doesn't seem to be in evidence this game.

Could you clarify when your hammer was passed away? Was it N1, or D2?
Neither Daybreak 1, I will be getting it back when daybreak 2 occurs

also redirected is like busdriver move I'm guessing. I like your example.
Show
Rankings:
0-1 Town
0-0 Neutral
0-0 Mafia

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:17 am

Post by VasudeVa »

By the vote above and below the target thing, It looks like one of those voting for TNM has the hammer. Can that person please claim and shed more light into things? Blaze's explanations confuse me.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:32 am

Post by Iecerint »

OK, so, given that that's what redirected means, why did you keep speculating that your abilities would reveal the godfather (GF)?

Busdriving (in most games) switches 2 TARGETS. What would have targeted one player targets the other, and vice-versa. Redirecting changes ONE PLAYER'S TARGET without flip-flopping the would-be target and the actual target. That's the difference. I'm sure some mods have variations.

Also, D2 daybreak has already occurred. Did you mean D3 daybreak? Is it accurate that you can re-assign the hammer at the start of each day?
BlazezRb
BlazezRb
Goon
BlazezRb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:48 am

Post by BlazezRb »

Iecerint wrote:OK, so, given that that's what redirected means, why did you keep speculating that your abilities would reveal the godfather (GF)?

Busdriving (in most games) switches 2 TARGETS. What would have targeted one player targets the other, and vice-versa. Redirecting changes ONE PLAYER'S TARGET without flip-flopping the would-be target and the actual target. That's the difference. I'm sure some mods have variations.

Also, D2 daybreak has already occurred. Did you mean D3 daybreak? Is it accurate that you can re-assign the hammer at the start of each day?
Say I cover you and your a cop, tonight you investigate player A. If player A was a GF, that would mean you would get an accurate reading, I believe, and yeah I meant DB3, thanks for that mistake.
Show
Rankings:
0-1 Town
0-0 Neutral
0-0 Mafia

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:01 am

Post by Iecerint »

I don't really agree with your interpretation, but I can sort of see how you could have arrived at that. Please confirm whether that kind of a scenario would play out the way you think it will.

OK. Next point.

SB *chose* Parama as the person who would be redirect-proof as of D2 start, right?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by dramonic »

Isn't SB the vig?
I feel like I'm falling behind here =_=;
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by Iecerint »

^ Sorry, I meant Starbuck. Both my SBs are in this game. :P

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”