Mini 1009 ÔÇô Popularity mafia (Game over - Mafia wins)

Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:17 am

Post by Johoohno »

Vote count
(12 players alive = 7 to lynch before deadline)

(3) mothrax - scotmany12, ChannelDelibird, drmyshottyizsik
(2) Thief - eljcko, Blackberry
(1) drmyshottyizsik – mothrax
(1) Iron Man – Simenon
(1) elcjko – Korts
(1) Simenon - tumescence
(1) Korts - Thief

Not voting: Cuethlachtli, Iron Man

:arrow: Day 1 – (Deadline is August 10)

scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:25 am

Post by scotmany12 »

tumescence wrote:At this point, I'd be willing to lynch Simenon or Thief, because I'm having a really hard time getting any read at all on either of them.
Vote: Simenon
You're willing to lynch two people you don't have scumreads on? There are eight pages of information, and instead of scumhunting you would rather lynched two people you have no read on? And why did you pick sim over thief?
tumescence wrote:Hey,
eljcko
, when you post, can you please give all your reads?
Can people stop asking for others to post all their reads? It is not helpful to the town to have all our reads out in the open. Especially in a setup where we are going to nominate someone to have NK immunity.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:40 am

Post by Korts »

Oh well. You people deserve someone who actually cares.

mod: please replace me
scumchat never die
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:28 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

Sorry Mod I don't care for this game, looks like you need 3 replacements.
Mod please get me out
#freeShotty
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:18 am

Post by Blackberry »

scotmany12 wrote:Can people stop asking for others to post all their reads? It is not helpful to the town to have all our reads out in the open. Especially in a setup where we are going to nominate someone to have NK immunity.
I disagree, I think if people reveal their reads, we can tell if someone is being genuine, or if they are faking it. I don't understand how it effects who we give NK Immunity to?

Korts & drmyshottyizsik
& Everyone Else
-- I was about to ask for a replacement too, being that, I have been busy lately and didn't know if I had time to read through all the posts and play to my full potential. HOWEVER, since three other people have already done so (and they are doing it out of "not caring for the game" while I care for the game and just don't know how to allocate my time with my new schedule), I am not going to do so, because the mod doesn't deserve that.

That being said, I will be on later tonight and catch up (I honestly just read this page).
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:58 am

Post by Blackberry »

I had a little more time than I thought I did today, but now I got to go... here is what I briefly read on Page 8...
drmyshottyizsik wrote:it seems like you knew BB was scum and was trying to distance yourself so you wouldn't be lynched as well...
drmyshottyizsik wrote:Tried to buddy with BB until he thought people thought he was scum.
You contradict yourself. Orginally your theory is that me and him are scum together. Then you end your theory with you think he tried to buddy with me (something mafia does to town, no?). A townsperson would keep their ideas and theories straight, a mafia, not-so-much.

Simenon
- Where does it say there are two mafia?
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:35 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Blackberry wrote:
scotmany12 wrote:Can people stop asking for others to post all their reads? It is not helpful to the town to have all our reads out in the open. Especially in a setup where we are going to nominate someone to have NK immunity.
I disagree, I think if people reveal their reads, we can tell if someone is being genuine, or if they are faking it. I don't understand how it effects who we give NK Immunity to?
Letting the scum know we we find the most townlike, and since we would vote to give immunity to those we find most town, is stupid and tells the scum who to not kill. We don't need to give the scum any information like that.

Its not just for this game either. Scum lists are generally detrimental as it helps the scum decide who to target during the night. Having all our reads out there only strengthens the scum.
Cuetlachtli
Cuetlachtli
Goon
Cuetlachtli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by Cuetlachtli »

Well since we are most likely in a 10:2 setup, I think scum would take a conservative approach on the first day. You know, keep a low profile...

vote: ChannelDelibird

About Korts: So I was thinking, since we are in a mountainous setup, I find it hard to believe that scum-Korts would act so recklessly on Day 1. That is why I am going to drop my FOS of him for now.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:16 pm

Post by Simenon »

I'll get to the other stuff tomorrow, but part of the definition of "mountainous mini" is the 2:10 ratio. Whenever I see the word "mountainous" associated with mini normals, that is immediately what comes to mind, and I'm sure many other players here think the same.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by Johoohno »

Korts has asked for a replacement and Korashk has offered to step in. Thanks Korts for playing and thanks Korashk for replacing in (effective immediately)!
Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:26 pm

Post by Korashk »

Just replaced a guy, Korts. Reading through the thread currently.
I learned that I don't like replacing into games on this site, I don't like games without themes, and I don't like games without roles. It's good to learn these things early.

Record: 8-5
Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:32 pm

Post by Korashk »

Holy crap you bunch know how to suck the fun out of something that's supposed to be awesome.

Unvote
Vote: drmyshottyizsik

I mainly skimmed through this enormous day phase, I likely won't delve too deep into the text walls and posts that are excessively long.

I'm voting for him because I don't like a lot of his reasoning and consider him to be scummy. I'll elaborate later.
I learned that I don't like replacing into games on this site, I don't like games without themes, and I don't like games without roles. It's good to learn these things early.

Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:28 pm

Post by Johoohno »

drmyshottyizsik has asked for a replacement and nopointinactingup has offered to step in. Thanks drmyshottyizsik for playing and thanks nopointinactingup for replacing in (effective immediately)!
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:38 pm

Post by nopointinactingup »

Hey guys. Replacing drmy here
I skimmed through the thread and saw a lot of emotion-spill that could clarify some connections. I'll get my thoughts in soon
Justice will prevail
\m/
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:31 pm

OKay, so here they are. It's just a skim and a quick summary of all the players here, so if we have any misunderstanding, do repel!

Simenon
: He's looks likely town. His posts are reasonable and to-the-point and his thoughts and actions coherent to his belief. I agree with his points about Ironman's cautiousness, BB's redundant posts and Cuet's flailing. However, there's one thing I disagree with him and that's the Set-Up speculations because I don't see anything stipulating we are in a mountainous Set-Up in this game.
In the unlikely possibility that he's scum. He's unlikely to have a connection with BB or Cuet.

Kort
: Again, likely town. He has decent arguments. Even the way he resorted to emotion look more town to me because he did it more because of misunderstandings than because he was attacked.
If he was scum. He's unlikely to have connection with Cuet, Drmy, or BB.

Thief
: I had some suspicion of him at the start when he back pedalled to say his vote on Ironman was just a reaction test. But his latests posts strikes me more as genuine. His vote hopping is actually a town indication to me because this is how Thief usually acts. So slightly town.
If he was scum, he's unlikely to have a connection with Kort.

Ironman
: This guy has a measured playstyle that is typical of scum. And he's been lurking recently. Ironman is likely scum.
Unvote.Vote:Ironman

If he was scum, he's unlikely partner with Mothrax.

Mothrax
: There are many interesting things surrounding Mothrax. His #16 "especially if by some weird chance he flips scum" baffles me. The fact that he thinks that way lead me to believe he's scum but the fact that he says it aloud examplifies the innocence of a town. However, his later equivocation on the matter looks like he's trying to equivocate himself out of trouble ( a scum-typical move ). Thus, one of Ironman, Mothrax is likely scum ( I'm betting Ironman ).
If Mothrax was scum, he's unlikely partner with Ecto, Ironman.

Blackberry
: He is an effusive player and likes to speak out what's on his mind. That is a stimulating play-style that I approve of. However, I see a lot of approval-seeking tone in his posts, which creates a slight scum verdict on him.
BB is unlikely connected to Kort and Scott.

Cuet
: His #72 is terrible. I'd expect a town to play on either side of OGMUS-ing or responding lazily. Instead, he retorted with an emotional outburst. His arguments are okay, but the unnecessary amount of derision and makes me think there's also scum harboring hatred towards his attackers in his reply. His #175 is basically calling everyone scum, which I do not think a scum would really do. However, it could be a gambit and Cuet stays 2nd on my suspect list.
Cuet is unlikely connected to Ecto.

Scott
: Nothing stands out from him so far. So I'd put a null on him.
Scott is unlikely connected to BB

As for the lurkers
CDB, Tumescent and Eljickto
, I'm putting a slight scum verdict on each of them because I've never been fond of lurkers and I see lurkers are more likely scum than town.
Justice will prevail
\m/
Thief
Thief
Goon
Thief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:22 am

Post by Thief »

Now that you see that
drmy
Nopoint is town, you need to find a better wagon to hop on Kortsashk. My votes' not moving.
Live life so completely that when death comes to you like a thief in the night, there will be nothing left for him to steal.
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:23 am

Post by Johoohno »

Iron Man has posted or responded to prods for quite some time and Tazaro has offered to step in. Thanks Iron Man for playing and thanks Tazaro for replacing in (effective immediately)!
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:24 am

Post by Tazaro »

Check-in post. Need time to read and will post eventually.
Show
Maybe Subservience to Protocol isn't tantamount to Solution to Problem ...
"A little bit of yourself goes a long way"
Blue paint strokes of sadness that leave a trace of meaningfulness
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
After getting your pound of flesh?
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:42 am

Post by Tazaro »

Thank you for giving some type of synopsis of players, nopoint. But I see this:
nopointinactingup wrote:
Ironman
: This guy has a measured playstyle that is typical of scum. And he's been lurking recently. Ironman is likely scum.

The Ironman slot has been filled by me. I plan to be more reserved in this game because when I'm overly aggressive I'm just setting myself for headaches. But I dislike the fact that you are suspicious of Mothrax. I've seen Mothrax. He has his own style and it had gotten heat on him, kind of like the heat that a player like drmyshotty (whom you have replaced) gets. I suggest that their playstyles are in view right now, not their alignment. Alignment has a chance to be more in view later.
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:43 am

Post by Blackberry »

nopointinactingup

-- Your last post strikes me as odd. I think it's the lack of consistency. For example, you say Thief is unlikely to be with Korts, or Simenon unlikely to be with myself, yet, you don't say that Korts is unlikely to be with Thief, or me unlikely to be with Simenon. Also, I found it interesting you included yourself as unlikely to be with Korts. His analysis of Thiefs is exactly what mine was, at first I thought he was just taking my thoughts and making them his own, but rereading his thoughts on Thief, I do believe they are his own thoughts and that he actually looked at Thief. I actually have no idea what to make of this. At the very least, it's atleast helpful, and overall I get a slight town vibe from it. I think the old drmy contradicted himself in his theory for why he wanted mothrax lynched - and I shall keep my vote there for the time being. Although to be honest, I really am not sure what to make of any of it because I get conflict thoughts (like I have with Thief's old behavior vs. new behavior).

Some questions for nopointinactingup:

* How do I act "approval-seeking" (and also- why is "approval-seeking" scummish?)

---

On the reversal of things, I would like Korashk to elaborate on his vote. Your post doesn't give me good vibes.
Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:42 pm

Post by Korashk »

Alrighty, I'm keeping my vote on Ecto/dtsblerghwhatever/nopoint because currently he is the person I'm reading as most likely Mafia.

My next highest would be Thief.

You all should know that my reads don't come from analyzing text excessively. I read what you write and make decisions based off of the "vibe" I get from reading it. This is DP1. It's hard to do much of anything useful on DP1.

I don't think that all of this analyzing of each other's posts is helping anymore. It is quite useful at the beginning, but it's just gone to a back and forth between specific people.

Also, why are we not attempting to work as a team instead of acting as independent agents and doing all the "legwork" yourselves. Where I normally play mafia everyone bands together to grill members one at a time. Once enough grilling of a member has been done we proceed to move on to someone else OR lynch that person if we think they're mafia.

So I think we should all discus who the majority thinks is scummy and lynch that person.

Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:34 pm

Post by Tazaro »

Korashk wrote:Alrighty, I'm keeping my vote on Ecto/dtsblerghwhatever/nopoint because currently he is the person I'm reading as most likely Mafia.

You all should know that my reads don't come from analyzing text excessively. I read what you write and make decisions based off of the "vibe" I get from reading it. This is DP1. It's hard to do much of anything useful on DP1.

I don't think that all of this analyzing of each other's posts is helping anymore. It is quite useful at the beginning, but it's just gone to a back and forth between specific people.

Also, why are we not attempting to work as a team instead of acting as independent agents and doing all the "legwork" yourselves. Where I normally play mafia everyone bands together to grill members one at a time. Once enough grilling of a member has been done we proceed to move on to someone else OR lynch that person if we think they're mafia.

So I think we should all discus who the majority thinks is scummy and lynch that person.
The thing I strongly agree with you on is that I don't like back and forth. It could put things in a holding pattern where people aren't organizing their thoughts around a common scum-hunting strategy or a common thing that must be debated so that they become empowered to vote with conviction.
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by Tazaro »

I mean, if someone says something seemingly indefensible that could be a scum slip, then I would urge all the people to stop what they are doing and give their judgment on that person's alignment.
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:11 pm

@BB: Ahh that's right. I was lazy to mention the other way around but you'd note it when you examine both of them. Those "un-connection" are created by strong emotional responses by the way, so I list them by who made a comment and who responded too strongly to be partner with. I included Ecto and Drmy so as to be objective and to be able to look back easily into those emotional responses if necessary. I will respond to your question soon.
Tazaro wrote:Thank you for giving some type of synopsis of players, nopoint. But I see this:
nopointinactingup wrote:
Ironman

The Ironman slot has been filled by me. I plan to be more reserved in this game because when I'm overly aggressive I'm just setting myself for headaches. But I dislike the fact that you are suspicious of Mothrax. I've seen Mothrax. He has his own style and it had gotten heat on him, kind of like the heat that a player like drmyshotty (whom you have replaced) gets. I suggest that their playstyles are in view right now, not their alignment. Alignment has a chance to be more in view later.
The fact that you replace doesn't mean I will clean his slate on my list. Thus, I still have a fair amount of suspicion on you.
Korashk wrote:Holy crap you bunch know how to suck the fun out of something that's supposed to be awesome.

Unvote
Vote: drmyshottyizsik

I mainly skimmed through this enormous day phase, I likely won't delve too deep into the text walls and posts that are excessively long.

I'm voting for him because I don't like a lot of his reasoning and consider him to be scummy. I'll elaborate later.
Korashk wrote:Alrighty, I'm keeping my vote on Ecto/dtsblerghwhatever/nopoint because currently he is the person I'm reading as most likely Mafia.

Contradiction much?

I agree with this idea though -->
Korashk wrote:

I've done and see it worked multiple times. I suggest everyone listing their top 3 suspicions. Then we tally the vote and lynch the guy with the most votes.
Mine are: Tazaro,Cuet, and Mothrax.
Of course, we should discuss more before doing this. I would like to hear more thoughts from the inactive.
Justice will prevail
\m/
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by Simenon »

Lurker wagon = lifelong contentment
Unvote
Vote CDB

Anybody who isn't voting or has their vote on a dead end ought to reconsider.
The 2:10 ratio was the reason I joined this game. Don't tell me there wasn't sufficient notice.
cuet wrote:If you agree with my argument, then you should agree with my diction and tone, or at least not have issue with it. Wouldn't you act the same way if someone used Crap-Logic™ on you?

Also, earlier you claimed to have had trouble understanding both of the posts in question (Cuet ISO 1 & 2). Yet NOW you understand my arguments and agree with them?
Scum make good arguments all the time. What is important to me is
how
the argument is made. Your post was awkward when it shouldn't have been, and that's it.
Also, I think I later noted that while I understood your points, I couldn't digest your original post.
My point was that only you and Scoty requested more details. Coincidentally, both of you soft-sold my lynch earler.
Yet they have nothing to do with each other!
Your attempt to soft-sell my lynch failed since nobody jumped on that wagon, therefore you are moving to distance yourself from Korts, who I implicated as your scumbuddy.
1. It was a weak soft-sell then, seeing as the line before it I dismissed the most persuasive argument against you.
2. Again, why would I have distanced myself from Korts half a page after trying to protect him (as you have alleged)?
Its cuz you never explained WHY you thought I was flailing at the time, thus you were soft-selling my lynch, seeing if anybody would buy the straw that you were reaching for.
This would be a valid argument if I hadn't provided details in the next post.
tumesc wrote:At this point, I'd be willing to lynch Simenon or Thief, because I'm having a really hard time getting any read at all on either of them.
uh
tazaro wrote:I mean, if someone says something seemingly indefensible that could be a scum slip, then I would urge all the people to stop what they are doing and give their judgment on that person's alignment.
How often is this supposed to happen?

On posting scum reads: This should be a last resort for injecting life into a game. At this stage, with three new perspectives, I don't think it's necessary. As scotmany said, it reveals too much for the scum without enough benefit. It also gives scum a chance to waffle safely. If you suspect someone, just say it, don't format it into a list.
SEND THE VECTOIDS

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”