Newbie 996 - Starting Small [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Johannes583
Johannes583
Townie
Johannes583
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by Johannes583 »

moose200x wrote:Hey 583, how ya doing? Mind telling us who your mafia partner is?
At this stage in the game? No, thanks.
moose200x wrote:Do you guys agree agree with the standard idea of "lynch all lurkers" ?
IMHO, it depends on the situation, especially in a Newbie game. If the lurker is checking up on the thread and inputting nothing of importance, then we should press 'em till either we're convinced they're innocent, or they're lynched. However, an innocent newbie can forget this, make a few posts, go on vacation for a short time, and come back to find theirselves at L-1. Of course, if they were going nowhere before that, I would lynch them anyways, but if someone's made some intelligent deductions before that, IMHO they've shown enough dedication to the game to warrant a little more thought into whether to vote them or not. I believe that the quality of someone's posts is more important than their quantity, though to say the latter is insignificant would be foolish.

I agree with Lynch all Liars. In my experience playing the game with real people, the only players who would benefit from lying are scum.
"That's not a lie, it's a terminological inexactitude. Also, a tactical misrepresentation."
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by Parama »

Johannes583 wrote:
moose200x wrote:Hey 583, how ya doing? Mind telling us who your mafia partner is?
At this stage in the game? No, thanks.
This looks oddly like a scum claim.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Johannes583
Johannes583
Townie
Johannes583
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by Johannes583 »

If you think I was honestly claiming to be scum, your sarcasm detector needs batteries.

Making a claim to be mafia, whether you are or not, is a very dumb move, no matter which stage of the game it is.
"That's not a lie, it's a terminological inexactitude. Also, a tactical misrepresentation."
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

Johannes583 wrote:If you think I was honestly claiming to be scum, your sarcasm detector needs batteries.

Making a claim to be mafia, whether you are or not, is a very dumb move, no matter which stage of the game it is.
Well then don't hint at it, plus sarcasm is not easily detected over text.
#freeShotty
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:35 pm

Post by jimfinn »

Hello everyone. I've played one other newbie game so far and am in the early phases (N0 and D1) of two mini themes, here for my second newbie game.

Oh yeah, and I'll VOTE: Black Mist for my usual reason of distrusting nonconsecutive capital letters.
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15354
chaodck
chaodck
He/Him
Townie
chaodck
He/Him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by chaodck »

Hey!! A little introduction first.

I'm chaodck, or shorter chao, it's a name I invented when I was like 12 y.o. (13 years ago), and I have stayed with it, since it is unique. I'm chilean (GMT -4), and I work from M-F and sometimes the weekends, so I can post at least once a day, usually at this hour, unless I'm late with work, but when it happens I ask for V/LA.

So, to vote...
Doubtful wrote:First, hello to all - I'm Doubtful - this is my 2nd game on MS.
VOTE: Doubtful, because you can't be doubtful in this game, you have to be certain about your choices.
"Men rise from one ambition to another: first, they seek to secure themselves against attack, and then they attack others." Niccolo Machiavelli in his masterpiece "The Prince" (1513).
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:11 pm

Post by moose200x »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:
Johannes583 wrote:If you think I was honestly claiming to be scum, your sarcasm detector needs batteries.

Well then don't hint at it, plus sarcasm is not easily detected over text.

This post is interesting to me. Something fishy put I can't yet put my finger on it....

Also @MOD: Is it ok to private message you during the day? I have a quick question.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by moose200x »

Chaodck has already came up with a defense for my "lynch all lurkers" theory.

Parama- Why do you feel you have an 11% win advantage as scum then you do as town?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:56 pm

Post by Parama »

Moose, what are you talking about?
The records in my sig are my win/loss records if that's what you're talking about. Because it looks like I do have an 11% better win record as scum.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Doubtful
Doubtful
Goon
Doubtful
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by Doubtful »

chaodck wrote:Hey!! A little introduction first.

I'm chaodck, or shorter chao, it's a name I invented when I was like 12 y.o. (13 years ago), and I have stayed with it, since it is unique. I'm chilean (GMT -4), and I work from M-F and sometimes the weekends, so I can post at least once a day, usually at this hour, unless I'm late with work, but when it happens I ask for V/LA.

So, to vote...
Doubtful wrote:First, hello to all - I'm Doubtful - this is my 2nd game on MS.
VOTE: Doubtful, because you can't be doubtful in this game, you have to be certain about your choices.
Can you propose an alternative screen name?
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:00 pm

Post by moose200x »

Parama wrote:Moose, what are you talking about?
The records in my sig are my win/loss records if that's what you're talking about. Because it looks like I do have an 11% better win record as scum.
Yes that's what I meant.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:19 pm

Post by moose200x »

Doubtful wrote:
Can you propose an alternative screen name?

Doubtless? Knowful? RedPowerRanger?
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:05 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

:: VoteCount 1x1 ::

moose200x (0) -
chaodck (1) -
Johannes583

Doubtful (1) -
chaodck

Johannes583 (0) -
Black Mist (1) -
jimfinn

jimfinn (1) -
drmyshottyizsik

Parama (1) -
Cliquey

drmyshottyizsik (2) -
Parama, moose200x

Cliquey (1) -
Doubtful

Not Voting (1) -
Black Mist

With 9 Alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

moos200x wrote:Also @MOD: Is it ok to private message you during the day? I have a quick question.
Yes, you may contact me at any time by private message. Just be aware that your question may not be answered if I deem the answer would in any way be revealing of a player's role or of the setup of the game.

Also for future reference, please bold all communication attempts to the Moderator, as you would with any vote, to bring my attention to the question easier.
Welcome to the Network.
Cliquey
Cliquey
Goon
Cliquey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:05 am

Post by Cliquey »

Spoiler: LaL/LaL
Both "Lynch all" policies have been driven into the ground. While they are ok guidelines, they should never be used as lynched, they aren't scum tells. Also, people who rely on policies to lynch like that allow scum to just use them without actually risking their necks on a case. So while I'd prefer people not lying and not lurking... Crucification for either of the two is just silly

Spoiler: Johannes is dumb?
Just because claiming mafia is a dumb move doesn't mean that it isn't done. Maybe Parama, DMSIS and others actually think you're dumb and therefore actually think you'd claim it. I personally think thats gaff... but chyouknow

Spoiler: moose
Moose, you have an interesting meta, I'm pretty sure you're town

Spoiler: Mod
In the future, if I have anything to address you with (namely votes, but VLA is a possibility) it'll go in my Mod spoiler so you don't have to go searching around

And so, without further ado

unvote
Proxy Vote to Moose
I make accounts and PM people so they can feel popular and loved
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:32 am

Post by moose200x »

Has blackmist even spoke yet? where is he?

SickShotgun- what in the world is your avatar man? It's cool looking.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:34 am

moose200x wrote:Has blackmist even spoke yet? where is he?

SickShotgun- what in the world is your avatar man? It's cool looking.
It's a tree thats a man, but still a tree... my friend drew it.

Oh and @ all- there usually is confusion on this, my name is Doctor My Shotgun Is Sick
#freeShotty
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:50 am

Post by moose200x »

First, I know that's a lie SicShotster. I've seen that avatar at other forums, are you suggestion other people have "stole" your avatar?

And are you insinuating I cannot understand what dr my shotty iz sik stands for?
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:11 am

moose200x wrote:First, I know that's a lie SicShotster. I've seen that avatar at other forums, are you suggestion other people have "stole" your avatar?

And are you insinuating I cannot understand what dr my shotty iz sik stands for?
First of all, why can't I be friends with a famous artist
and second I guess you are smarter than the average person on MS
#freeShotty
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:14 am

Post by moose200x »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:
moose200x wrote:First, I know that's a lie SicShotster. I've seen that avatar at other forums, are you suggestion other people have "stole" your avatar?

First of all, why can't I be friends with a famous artist
and second I guess you are smarter than the average person on MS

Well I think we all know that I am in fact, NOT, smarter than just about everyone LOL.

So your friends a famous artist? Would he draw me a quick little cartoon moose? I need one for an avatar and a tattoo. Thanks man.

Also, do you toke?
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:16 am

Yes sir I do
#freeShotty
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:41 am

Post by moose200x »

I am getting angry at blackmist.
unvote: vote:Blackmist
Black Mist
Black Mist
Townie
Black Mist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by Black Mist »

A moose getting angry, that's not good. Run away!! Just kidding. Sorry about that folks. RL trouble with someone and engry drinks with friends have kept me from my computer. But anyways I'm here and I have a few things to say. Starting with, the name may sounds like something a guy would use, but I AM A GIRL. Secondly, I've only played one other game here, and we lost our mod so I never got a real free for scumtells or anything of the such. However, I did notice some things about this game.

Parama
- Why a FoS on yourself for the begining of the game? Is that a method to cover tracks and point the finger elsewhere, or just a lighthearted way of starting the game? You're definition of active-lurking seems to fit our angry moose player. Alot of posts just asking questions and saying hello. How does that fit?

Moose
- Metagaming(I believe) isn't really s'pose to influence a person's voting, so I don't see why an apology was needed for that. Also, getting angry or voting to get me talk for me was a big no-no, if a person is honestly away(which you can see when a person last visited) doesn't seem like good sportmenship.

Johannes583
- The pressing of a person innocent or not seems like a good way to get the person frusterated, but also a interesting way to get some type of confession. But even than, pressing should only be done while a person is certain that the person being pressed is definately mafia. Otherwise it seems it gives actual mafia a chance to start a wagon on the person. Make sense?

Cliquey
- not really anything suspicious...expect why the spoiler tags? I find it rather annoying, because if I were to miss a single one, I could miss an important peice of information without actually realizing that I have. Is it clever or a distracting way to post information so people get confused?

With all this in mind, I will not vote yet. I wish to see the response to my post before making my choice on where my vote will go.
Show
Hello, I'm Black Mist.
-------------------------------------------
I have played a total of 3 games.
Game 1: Mod Disappeared
Game 2: Had to get replaced
Game 3: Mafia Keellled me N1
Game 4: Lynched Day 2
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by Parama »

Black Mist wrote:
Parama
- Why a FoS on yourself for the begining of the game? Is that a method to cover tracks and point the finger elsewhere, or just a lighthearted way of starting the game? You're definition of active-lurking seems to fit our angry moose player. Alot of posts just asking questions and saying hello. How does that fit?
FoS self - I love screwing around in RVS d(''d)
moose is asking questions, like you said - and questions generate content. Some of the questions are fairly pointless, but every question asked is another chance to generate content for the the town. So no, he isn't active lurking.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:09 pm

Post by moose200x »

Woah woah woah cowboy. Nobody except you would think i'm "active lurking" I have been very active and trying to engage in conversations the entire game. Secondly, I am not big into sportsmanship (at least not in this game) I do regret calling that a kid a B**** and I feel bad I ruined a game or two here. But still, I play to win and if that hurts someones feelings, Oh well.

Thirdly- If I realized you were a Canadian chick I'd of never of gotten mad at you :) I love me some Canadian women! Something bout fresh snowfall and their cute smiles drives me insane.

Have you read any of Doc Shotty's posts? Do you feel he has been pro or anti town so far?
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by jimfinn »

Moose, you have been engaging in conversations, yes, but keeping the discussion far from anything related to the game... that is why you are active lurking. And yes Doc Shotty has been doing some of the same, but I would say that Moose is the worse offender here, and I'm going to go ahead and UNVOTE: VOTE: moose200x
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15354

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”