Newbie 996 - Starting Small [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Doubtful
Doubtful
Goon
Doubtful
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by Doubtful »

EBWOP:
Doubtful wrote:
Black Mist wrote:
So my preference is Cliquey and than if mafia Moose, and if she's not than Jimfinn.
@Black Mist: What does jimfinn have to do with Cliquey being town? And if Cliquey's mafia, she might give her vote to Moose to create WIFOM about whether Moose is mafia or not. All in all, I don't quite understand this statement. Could you please elaborate?

You still haven't answered my question. What does jimfinn have to do with Cliquey being town? As I said, if Cliquey is scum, she could be giving her vote to moose to create WIFOM. I understand your accusation on Cliquey, just not your followup of "Moose if scum, jimfinn if town"

I understand your secondary suspicion of jimfinn. If Cliquey is indeed scum, however, you have no other information on Moose. (Cliquey could be purposely linking with a townie to put suspicion on them, hence leading to a WIFOM argument)
Doubtful
Doubtful
Goon
Doubtful
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by Doubtful »

EBWOP2:

Doubtful wrote:
Black Mist, how would someone answer the questions you asked Cliquey? Now on second thoughts, your vote on Cliquey doesn't make sense at all. You did not request anything for Cliquey to defend, why would she defend herself?

I mean, your logic behind your vote doesn't make sense. Part of your suspicion is understandable, but the other isn't. (Proxy vote to moose is understandable, but not "very little defense")
Black Mist
Black Mist
Townie
Black Mist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by Black Mist »

Well think about it. Spam is a way to get people to miss information and confuse them. Spoiler tags do as well. Smiliar method. She could have simply said something like "It's easier to organize my thoughts this way" If I recall correctly, as an IC, it's her job to help the players, not disable them. Do you get it? Oh would you lay off abit. One mistake and it's oh you're a criminal!!
Show
Hello, I'm Black Mist.
-------------------------------------------
I have played a total of 3 games.
Game 1: Mod Disappeared
Game 2: Had to get replaced
Game 3: Mafia Keellled me N1
Game 4: Lynched Day 2
Black Mist
Black Mist
Townie
Black Mist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by Black Mist »

Black Mist wrote:I missed something in my first post about Cliquey. (See what I mean about the spoiler tags?) How can you be certain that Moose is town? If you mean metagaming, I don't think that warnts anything in this game. Makes a possible scumpair Moose and Cliquey

^^^ Did you miss this post? This is what I wanted her to reply to. Not really the first one.
Show
Hello, I'm Black Mist.
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:59 pm

Post by jimfinn »

@ BlackMist: I find you more scummy (towards the top of my list due to the (in my opinion ) relatively weak justifiaction for votes inteded to be serious.

@Doubtuful: thanks; I did intend to unvote at the end of my player by player analysis UNVOTE: doc
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15354
Black Mist
Black Mist
Townie
Black Mist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by Black Mist »

Jimfinn - Fair enough, I'll grant my reasons may be weak and that they can be seen in two lights. However, I've learned to trust a gut reaction, even if I don't have the words to express it at the time. Espeically when you feel murderous and like beating the teeth out of your ex-boyfriend. :)
Show
Hello, I'm Black Mist.
Doubtful
Doubtful
Goon
Doubtful
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by Doubtful »

Ah sorry Black Mist - I was only looking at your first post because you mentioned it somewhere in your vote.

jimfinn: Do you have any conclusions about any of the players in your PBPA? I mean, summary is good, but conclusions are everything.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by moose200x »

Mist- I am not voting you becuase you were AFK, I am voting becuase:
1. why me = fry me
2. lynch planning
3. calling my scumhunting spam in a way to discredit it.

Everypost I make is for a reason. When I ask doctorshotty if he smoked weed I had a reason for it. When i said i love Canadian girls, there is a reason. D1 Is so hard to get a good read, you need multiple fights, bandwagons and close lynches to get a good feel for scummy.

I am getting very confident that mrs. mist is in fact scumster.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:14 pm

Post by moose200x »

Black Mist wrote:Jimfinn - Fair enough, I'll grant my reasons may be weak and that they can be seen in two lights. However, I've learned to trust a gut reaction, even if I don't have the words to express it at the time. Espeically when you feel murderous and like beating the teeth out of your ex-boyfriend. :)

Ex-boyfriend eh?

Wanna chill sometime? :P lol
Black Mist
Black Mist
Townie
Black Mist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by Black Mist »

Lynching planning isn't me saying everyone should do. It's my way of letting people know my "list" and give them a chance to see I'm suspicious. I never once said "take care of him tomorrow", mostly because I have no definate chance of living the night. Also Doc did this as well, I'm amazed you didn't say something about that. (I'll read through again in case I'm mistakened on this) I didn't call your scumhunting spam, it appeared as spam in my book and most of the other books of forums I have been apart of since I was 12. And if you're confident that I'm scum, than keep your vote on me. I have no problem with it, as you have stated your reasons.
-side note: Ex-boyfriend and I are still very close, only reason we're broken up is because Uni starts soon and it involves us being 3-4 hours apart, I can't have that type of relationship without getting annoyed and jealous.
Show
Hello, I'm Black Mist.
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by jimfinn »

If you read my PBPA a little more closely, I explain why I think moose and Doc are the scummiest, closely followed by Mist. For now I'm going to put my VOTE: moose, but it could easily be changed to the other two if convincing arguments are made. I think Moose's odd bantering style could very easily be a scum trying to avoid the duel sins of lurking and appearing too stresses.
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15354
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:20 pm

Post by moose200x »

I did call doc shot sickster out on his list. You've been playing mafia since you were 12 or just forums in general?

sidenote2- your ex and you are like in an open relationship then? hell baby, thats cool with me. so lobster or steak for dinner?
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by moose200x »

PBPA?

My bantering is scum hunting AND for enjoyment! Like I said, I willl NEVER EVER talk to you peeps outside of game while this game is on. I feel it's cheating. With that said, i want to enjoy my time and get to know each other. I love talking to mist and doc shotty so far, and i hope we are friends after. I hope I am friends with every single person after this game. But anyways, thanks for the vote, i believe it's my first vote and it feeels coming from you jimmy.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by Parama »

@Doubtful: My reasons for voting jim over DMSIS:
jim makes accusations like active lurking without really understanding the context - not putting effort into his accusations.
when called out for doing this^, he tries to appeal to the town by backing off on the attack and switching to a new target - the appeal is what bothers me more, because it means he's trying to look good in the eyes of the town, something a townie has no incentive to do.

I don't have the interest to put together a case on but I think they're likely scum together because of their interactions - their attacks on each other seem halfhearted, and they both back off fairly quickly. It looks more like a distancing maneuver than actual attacks on each other.
Doubtful wrote: I don't quite see the relationship between jim and DMSIS - from their posting it seems as if DMSIS is just telling jim he has to scumhunt, repetitively.
The way you put it here makes it sound worse than it is, to be honest. He's attacking jim for not scumhunting, but he's also prodding jim to post content at the same time - trying to stop him from garnering suspicion by taking away the cause of the suspicion. And jim is responding to these prods - he's posted more content than ever now that he's been told to do it. There's a definite relationship between the two though it's not something you pick up on first read.
moose200x wrote:What is with the "baked" things you all are talking about, so waht, i smoke pot, get over it. I get drunk too, it's fun.
I really don't think anyone needs to know this.
moose200x wrote:DOCSHOTTYGUNGUY : Planning ahead is SUPER DUPER scum. You are 100% my number 1 target.

VOTE: BLACK MIST
Can you explain why you say the first line and then end up voting Black Mist in the same post besides the reusing an overused and usually wrong phrase?
moose200x wrote:Doubtful: I went back to the mist because imo WHY ME = FRY ME. When people say stuff like "why vote for me?" they are preparing their defense. only scum need to defend themselves.
1. Goddammit I hate that phrase so much - I'd never seen it here until now but it's always used on EpicMafia dear god
2. Haven't you ever seen a lynch pushed without ANY logic behind it? That's what the Black Mist lynch has been thus far - there is no logic behind the votes thus far, and nothing for Black Mist to defend against
3. You're saying here that a good townie shouldn't try to defend themselves and should let themselves be lynched. I'll let you figure out the obvious flaw in that strategy. Townies should defend themselves so that they don't get lynched and can instead push lynches on those who they believe to be scum.

Some questions:
Moose: Can you provide examples of your reasons #2 and #3 against Black Mist?

Jim: Why the delay in your vote on moose? If you thought he was scummiest at the time of your PBPA, why did you not only not switch your vote, but leave it on DMSIS? You unvoted in a later post but still didn't change your vote.

chaodck: Can you at least give some form of content? Even a scumpick or two with brief reasoning would be better than not posting at all. The town needs everyone to participate and scumhunt otherwise the scum could end up leading the town around and jumping on easy targets to push mislynches - obviously not good for the town.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by moose200x »

Parma = reasons for #2 and #3

reason #2: "So my preference is Cliquey and than if mafia Moose, and if she's not than Jimfinn" post number 113 (teach me how to link post numbers)

reason #3: "Spam is a way to get people to miss information and confuse them" post number 127

I <3 epicmafia.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by Parama »

#2: To be honest I'm somewhat guilty of the same thing myself, but it's more a case of having two scum suspects but only being able to lynch one player a day. In a game with 2 scum, having 2 scum suspects isn't a big deal.

#3: ...you have been spamming a lot, aside from the valid scumhunting you're doing. I don't think Black Mist ever said that the scumhunting you're doing IS spam, though (I'm not even sure if that line was aimed at you, rereading it). I personally think you should cut down the irrelevant non-game chatter, to be honest. Yes, mafia is a social game, but when you clog up threads with pointless posting then it makes the game harder for everyone else.

P.S. shoot me a friend invite on EM, same username as here (Parama)
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by moose200x »

After this game we will mafia it up on em!!!

I guess it's what we view as spam. Me asking shotty where he lived IS scum hunting. Just not the way you may see it as scumhunting, to me, it is.

And like i've said before majority of my posts are to scumhunt.

Let's look at post #63 ..... is that spam or scumhunting?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by Parama »

Spam IMO. Don't even see the relevancy.
Also, asking someone where they live isn't scumhunting, but it DOES make you a creepy stalker. *flees*
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Black Mist
Black Mist
Townie
Black Mist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by Black Mist »

Moose - I seen that after I read through, my apologies are in order for that particular mistake. So sorry. Also, your posts that I seemed to have called spam and you scumhunting, may slide abit better with in-game information to look at was included. Maybe than I wouldn't have said anything about spam, even though it wasn't just you that have given that impression.
(Side note: forums in general, usually have some type of system to work through before you're considered a full memember, spam is frowned upon. Started mafia a few years ago. And the ex is still very much attached to me, him dating others is okay, me dating/hanging out/thinking of others isn't)
linkage is done as

Code: Select all

[url=www.topicpostlinehere]Displayed text[/url]
Show
Hello, I'm Black Mist.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:52 pm

Post by moose200x »

LoL Parama,

In #63 I was trying to make dr. give me info, and he did. He isn't a thorough reader and if he feels he is in the right he stands up for himself. Doesn't even think it through. Now of course he is going to read this and change. so 63 is useless.

I used to play poker and make decent money off of it in college. It was all about making reads on people. I was good at that :)

sidenote7: wait, he can other girlfriends but you cant see other guys? OMG if you leave him PLEASE CALL ME!!!!!!!! also, no need to ever apologize to me.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by moose200x »

kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:07 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

:: VoteCount 1x5 ::

moose200x (1) -
jimfinn

chaodck (1) -
Johannes583

Doubtful (1) -
chaodck

Johannes583 (0) -
Black Mist (2) -
moose200x, drmyshottyizsik

jimfinn (1) -
Parama

Parama (0) -
drmyshottyizsik (2) -
Doubtful, Cliquey

Cliquey (0) -

Not Voting (1) -
Black Mist

With 9 Alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Welcome to the Network.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:58 pm

Post by moose200x »

Interesting votes going on now. Parama, Cliquey, and Johannes583 are vote free. Why?
Also
@mod
you're doing great job of modding so far, keep it up! and of course thank you :)

@post # 142- i r no stalker lol

~Fixed tags.
Last edited by kunkstar7 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:03 pm

Post by moose200x »

mod
^^^^ just so you see lol
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:37 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

Unvote
Vote Moose

WOW!!!! I just re read the thread un high, and damn I was dumb. MOOSE!!! DON'T BUDDY SO HARD!!!
Ok so I vote moose because of how hard he trys to be my friend.
#freeShotty

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”